Phylanx, ready to work

Relic

Main quest : Find my healthy path.

I have let the chaos and clutter of life steal many of my good habits and momentum. For this challenge I will be focused on getting back onto a healthier, more productive path.

-Missions-

#1 - Eat salad for 22 breakfasts

I've lost my greens habit. Time to be a breakfast bunny.

4 days per week to stay on track.

#2 - Walk a total of 72 miles

The old running feet are unreliable. They will earn my trust slowly.

12 miles per week to stay on track

#3 - Do 18 full body workouts

An old shirt fits again. It's time to unatrophise the upper body.

3 days per week to stay on track.

-Life quest-

Morning minion

I will use mornings to be a minion, a worker bee, a peon, a grunt, or any other metaphor for someone who just works and works.

I won't do anything solely* for my own entertainment or laziness until 11am. This means not doing things like playing on my phone, staying in bed after I wake up, or surfing the internet. Things that I can do include chores, making breakfast, occupying the kids, or taking care of myself (eating, exercise, mobility...).

*I can do things for entertainment purposes if I am also taking care of myself/kids/chores...

***a spreadsheet to track it***

-Fun challenge-

If you post on my thread, you must at least once, either tell me why you are a nerd, or tell a joke. It can be anything, a simple pun, or gif, funny, not funny, just part of a joke, or whatever. I'm really not picky at all.

I'll start.

I'm a nerd because...

I get endless entertainment out of funny commercials. Too bad for them I never buy anything.

Cheapskate nerd is a cheapskate, and advertisement dollars go down the drain. *flush*

also, a joke...

I have a twin brother. People sometimes ask if we have a psychic twin connection. I tell them yes.

About 5 years ago my brother moved 45 miles away from me and I didn't see him for about 6 months. While he was out there, he was riding his bicycle, fell off, and hit his head. It was really bad.

Here's the weird part. At the exact same time that he hit his head. I, 45 miles away mind you,...

...ate a banana.

That's how strong our psycic twin connection is.

To find piece with myself
I must first find a piece of myself

Hooray veggies!

I'm a nerd because I have, on multiple occasions, built comprehensive excel spreadsheets to do things like analyze the balance/optimize a Facebook game, or build an automatic D&D character sheet. Among many other reasons.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

good luck with your veggies.  I love adding veggies to everything i eat - my boyfriend doesn't understand why.

I'm a nerd because i absorb knowledge like a sponge and I love reading - any kind of books, it doesn't matter. Also I'm an accountant and numbers make me happy.

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Dawsy

nope, no banana seat, not psychic

also...

poor clown

Alexis-Jones-as-Sad-Clown.jpg

but that's okay because the crowd erupts with laughter.

Shu & Blaidd

Veggies are the best!

88605-its-the-best-I-love-it-gif-Jac-GIT

I relly love a good salad (or even a bad one) yet I never seem to crave them. It's like I practically have to force myself to eat salad but while I'm eating it, it's better than desert.

I relly love a good salad (or even a bad one) yet I never seem to crave them. It's like I practically have to force myself to eat salad but while I'm eating it, it's better than desert.

This is how I feel too!  I usually keep my vegetables to the side of whatever else I am eating.  This way I can eat the veggies first (not that I dislike them but I usually prefer the protein part the best).  But lately I have been laying down a bed of salad and putting the meat/cheese/etc on top, and even if it is the same calories as side by side it seems more satisfying.

You had some great upper body strength before, hopefully it won't take as long to build it back up.

I am a nerd since I love to program computers as a hobby.  It is great I get to program for a living, but even in my freetime I making Sega CD homebrew and other programming projects.

bazinga.jpg

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

lately I have been laying down a bed of salad and putting the meat/cheese/etc on top

Mmmm gotta love a big entree salad. You can put almost any meaty saucy thing over salad to make it better.

You had some great upper body strength before, hopefully it won't take as long to build it back up.

I don't know how much strength I've lost but a medium shirt that hasn't fit in 3 years, fits just fine in the shoulders as of last week. (size = only general guage of strength/stamina)

I am a nerd since I love to program computers as a hobby.

Ooh! jealous! How did you get started? What do you program in now?

(I'm a nerd because I like the idea of sitting in front of a monitor, coding/debugging all day.

Weekly salads, I need that in my life again, oh man.

I'm a nerd because of my obsession with space. I even have a job in it. I also watch documentaries not only on space but on ancient Egypt, biology, prehistoric animals, what have you, FOR FUN. Also I have an obsession for Star Wars. And I do nearly everything in Excel.

... and I'm taking a week off from work to play Dragon Age: Inquisition when it comes out. I AM ASHAMED OF NOTHING.

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

I got started around high school time.  We didn't have much money, so I bought a used commodore 64 with games at the salvation army.  It has a built in BASIC interrupter, so you can program on it as soon as you boot it up.  So I learned the basics doing that.  Then I got a Apple ][ which had basic along with disks to support other languages (fortran and cobol).  Then I learned our 386 had quick basic, then I learned visual basic when we got a windows computer.  I took a programming class my last year in high school and learned very little and even had a class where I showed off my doom like game engine I made (did I mention I had a lot of free time in high school?).

Went to college as a computer engineer since I love working in software but dealing with hardware to a certain extent.  My job fits perfectly into this mold and I use C/C++ and work with assembly code and the occasional PERL scripting.  My Sega CD homebrew hobby deals mainly with assembly along with PERL to make helpful tools.

Level 26, Primal Ultra Trail Scout, Non-Binary Robot

Hi Phy,

Looking like a serious challenge for ya. I wish you great luck, fortitude, and all the guts it takes to kick ass!

I'm a nerd, because I build worlds, play D&D in my head, and continually become fascinated with things people rarely pay attention to, like squirrels. Clever little shits! 

And for humor...

Since I'm a pet sitter, I take great humor from this.

The two best virtues in life are:

Patience 

patience.jpg

and Wisdom

• Like 1

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

A salad goal sounds both delicious and healthy.  Good luck with your challenge!

I'm a nerd because I kinda have this thing for science where I think it's awesome. Also I play a MUD and am a bit of a bookworm when I have time. Also I incorporate nerdy things into other hobbies... like when I knitted a pair of pi scarves.

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: 10, 9, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

oh! Pi oven mits would be hilarious!

XcD

Get it! 'Cause you could pull out a pie with your pi oven mits. It's funny because pi and pie sound the same and pies are circle shapes which is when you use pi and when you would use you pi oven mits.

btw, I'm a nerd because I think that killing a joke by way of over explaining it is rediculously hilarious.

• Like 3

XcD

Get it! 'Cause you could pull out a pie with your pi oven mits. It's funny because pi and pie sound the same and pies are circle shapes which is when you use pi and when you would use you pi oven mits.

btw, I'm a nerd because I think that killing a joke by way of over explaining it is rediculously hilarious.

Then you are TRULY a successful nerd bc oh my gaud!

The Way

Better Now than Back Then

Better Now than Later On

XcD

Now I need to do this. My life would be incomplete without it.

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Would you make a pi scarf or two for $? I have a couple who adore Pi. It was their wedding theme! PM me. Seriously!

Maybe, but I'm not sure how much I would charge in that case. I forget how long they took to make, but they're some pretty ridiculously long scarves so it was definitely a while (the one I made for myself went to 101 digits of pi and my parnter's went to 97, but is wider). Shorter scarves would take less time, but they're still double-knit so they're not a super quick knit.

XcD

I'm not sure how to knit oven mitts, I feel like it would require multiple layers of knitting and/or special yarn.

Although while looking for oven mitt patterns, I found this pattern for Star Trek potholders.

Level 9 Amazon Druid
STR : 17 | DEX : 23 | STA : 22 | CON : 23 | WIS : 21 | CHA : 15
Challenges: 10, 9, 8, 7.1, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.1, 3, 2, 1
Battle Log

The walking is going well. I have gone on a walk every morning this week so I feel like a Scout again. A much much slower one, but still, a happy Scout.

I just finished a good little workout...

4 one minute rounds of:

5 leg raise pull-ups

15 push-ups

15 squats

lungs burning, arms wibble wobbly, feeling great (with just a pinch of nausea). The push and pull reps were just right, the squats could have used a bit more.

• Like 1

lazy morning, no walk, no zot zot (warcraft 3 anyone?)

-workout-

Pistols on the minute

rest a bit, then

on the minute, 4 rounds of

pull-up x5

push-up x15

squat x15

Man that's a gasser! The push-ups were harder than last time.

I'm a nerd because I just read a blog about "is there a googol particles in the universe" and I found it quite entertaining.

Spoiler alert! No there is not one googol particles, at least not in the known universe. (It's roughly 20 zeros shy of one googol)

The obvious conclusion here is that the quantity 'googolplex' was created for the purpose of counting all the particles in all the alternate universes, and all alternate dimentions.

Obviously.

XcD

For added nerdity, bake pie and calamari on talk like a pirate day and announce to the assembled company that you've baked Pie, Arrr Squid.

• Like 3

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.