• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

[Level 1] Assassin Initiates (Chat/Q&A)

Welcome future Assassins!

The Assassin Ambassadors & Assassin Guild Leaders will be checking in on this thread regularly!!

In other words, this is great place to get our attention and ask us questions.

This is also a place to chat!

A place for you - Level 1s who are thinking about becoming Assassins - to gather and get to know each other. Come in and make some friends among those you might be calling Guildmates in 6 weeks!

Subscribe to this thread by clicking the "Follow This Topic" button in the upper right hand corner of the page.

Let's start things off with a question for you:

Who is your Assassin inspiration? (Assasspiration?!?)

Remember as you think of your answer, "Assassin" is a big concept!

It encompasses gymnasts, traceurs, climbers, dancers, circus performers, ninjas (of course), and much more!

ezio-assassins-creed-2-300x335.jpgYouTube-Ballet_-A-Beautiful-Strength.pngtumblr_mfh3z2ps0V1re2fqio1_500.jpgLara-Croft-guns.jpgimage002.jpgVeronica2.jpgcthd2.jpg

• Like 8

Hello! I'm getting ready to join the Assassin's guild. Anyway, this morning I thought I might post some ass-ass-pirational (I'm really mature) gifs that got me out of bed this morning. I'm going to tell you a story about a ragtag bunch of assassins, and the one who beats them all by setting achievable goals, persevering through difficult times, and gradually levelling herself up. I'm talking about Black Mamba. 

She had it pretty rough. So she decided on an epic quest, and made a list of step-by-step achievable goals for how to complete that epic quest. 

Death%20List.png
And then she started with small steps: 
giphy.gif

She crossed off things on her quest list, one by one:
tumblr_inline_nahqh45mGo1sh5zsy.gif

And she sought training from more experienced people:
tumblr_mkyzg9NRK81r94ttwo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lpb1m3GMrT1r0ubteo1_500.gif
tumblr_inline_nahrddnFRS1sh5zsy.gif

She wasn't afraid to try new things, even when people thought she was silly or weird:
tumblr_mq9fon5NGD1rmmpllo1_500.gif

Even if she looked goofy, ZFG. 
tumblr_m0wprlUqpj1qc1vfso1_500.gif

Because she knew that it could open doors to better ways of achieving her goals (ok, this one hurt me too):
tumblr_lr0dulGWZk1qae6ufo1_500.gif

It didn't matter who she was or where she came from, as long as she was mad enough to keep going. 
tumblr_inline_nahrb8gViT1sh5zsy.gif

She built herself up naturally, with training and nutrition rather than supplements and chemicals:
tumblr_mia2nwpyZu1qgqcs8o1_500.gif

Finally, she reached her peak. Nothing could stop her. 
Chapter_5_Bride_Hides.giftumblr_mj1sonyai61qe89guo1_500.gif

The diversity of her training came in handy.
tumblr_mv2oqxteo01r1ibsxo1_500.gif

And ultimately she succeeded. 
tumblr_lhm658bGq21qcnhhzo1_500.gif
500full.jpg

And completed her final quest. 

1f75ac6ec660391ad62fabdad8d20970.320x240

:) 

Oh, and here's a video of a baby fighting a dragon.

• Like 11

Hi there! I'm really looking forward to joining the guild. Parkour is the closest thing to flying for me :D

Non-nerd answer: It would be my uncle- a former soldier, now a security guard who firefights in his spare time. He was the one who got me started on the path to becoming a badass. He taught me things like how to make a fire, play a guitar, climb over gates, and arnis. He is my first assassin mentor, and I'm really lucky to have him :D

Nerd answer: So, there's this guy who was sent to prison by his very own niece. He lost everything- his family, his prestige, and his freedom. Did he just give up and spend the rest of his days rotting in his cell?

Iroh_sanity_avatar.jpg

No! Sure, he had no contacts or tools that could help him, and he was locked up in one of the most heavily-guarded prisons in the country, but he didn't give up hope. He knew that an opportunity to escape would present itself to him eventually, so he prepared. He trained his body behind the guards' back, and gradually became stronger.

p1JahsKl.jpg

One day, he finally saw an opening and took it, and when his nephew came to bust him out, all he found was this:

6964953605_ff449b82d5_z.jpg

Not bad for an old man, huh?

• Like 8

Why hello there! Apparently all of my bouldering and wanting to hike up mountains, etc. is very assassin like. Thus I shall join these level 1 rebels in their joyous quest to become assassins. Come to think of it, I was obsessed with jumping over, up, and across everything in sight when I was a wee lad... maybe I have a future in Parkour, who knows :D

I'm supposed to have one of those? Mountain goats seem to have some awesome climbing skills:

68602.JPG

All of that said, I AM actually already part of another accountability group, but I'll still hang out here for fun :D

• Like 8

Another potential assassin here. As for my character inspiration...

ee68cfecf1d1b8ec3bc55fbffcd67aaf.jpg

Yup. Right now I'm just trying to get a bit more in shape, but I'm building up to the handstands, free running, and lightsaber mastery (okay, it's a tennis racquet, but it's still blue and silver and deflects projectiles, so I think it counts). You can check my quest out here. I've even got some time today to make it look nice and give an update.

• Like 7

I've always liked ninja movies, but the Tales of Otori series really got me inspired to move like the kid did in those novels. And also, the parkour video from the NF blog showed me that effective movement in a short period of time is possible. 

However, at the moment my abilities fall in this region:

voowE83.gif

But one day, I'll be the big cat in this:

post-23946-kitten-stairs-cat-run-down-gi

• Like 7

Hello! I'm getting ready to join the Assassin's guild. Anyway, this morning I thought I might post some ass-ass-pirational (I'm really mature) gifs that got me out of bed this morning. I'm going to tell you a story about a ragtag bunch of assassins, and the one who beats them all by setting achievable goals, persevering through difficult times, and gradually levelling herself up. I'm talking about Black Mamba. 

She had it pretty rough. So she decided on an epic quest, and made a list of step-by-step achievable goals for how to complete that epic quest. 

Death%20List.png

Soo now I have to watch the Kill Bill movies which is a terrible terrible thing ;). Great story for assapiration :D.

Hi there! I'm really looking forward to joining the guild. Parkour is the closest thing to flying for me :D

Non-nerd answer: It would be my uncle- a former soldier, now a security guard who firefights in his spare time. He was the one who got me started on the path to becoming a badass. He taught me things like how to make a fire, play a guitar, climb over gates, and arnis. He is my first assassin mentor, and I'm really lucky to have him :D

Nerd answer: So, there's this guy who was sent to prison by his very own niece. He lost everything- his family, his prestige, and his freedom. Did he just give up and spend the rest of his days rotting in his cell?

Awesome inspirations, it's good to hear that you're uncle still takes care of himself and who doesn't want to be able to shock everyone and break out of prison on their own :D

Why hello there! Apparently all of my bouldering and wanting to hike up mountains, etc. is very assassin like. Thus I shall join these level 1 rebels in their joyous quest to become assassins. Come to think of it, I was obsessed with jumping over, up, and across everything in sight when I was a wee lad... maybe I have a future in Parkour, who knows :D

All of that said, I AM actually already part of another accountability group, but I'll still hang out here for fun :D

Rock climbing is totally an assassin thing to do, I wish the climbing gym here wasn't on the other side of town >.< so that I could actually work on it. 

Another potential assassin here. As for my character inspiration...

ee68cfecf1d1b8ec3bc55fbffcd67aaf.jpg

Yup. Right now I'm just trying to get a bit more in shape, but I'm building up to the handstands, free running, and lightsaber mastery (okay, it's a tennis racquet, but it's still blue and silver and deflects projectiles, so I think it counts). You can check my quest out here. I've even got some time today to make it look nice and give an update.

Love this! My challenge is actually yoda themed this go around and I'm working on hand balancing as well.

But one day, I'll be the big cat in this:

post-23946-kitten-stairs-cat-run-down-gi

This is too cute ... the poor kitteh getting bowled over :D

• Like 1

Yeap.  I watched the Kill Bill movies because of the need for cultural literacy.  Then, they became a guilty pleasure. 

My fav assassin is the Black Widow!!

I'm with you, Black Widow is my fav as well!!

• Like 1

My Inspiration: I have been into Parkour for a while but I lacked the fitness to do so, I then proceeded to injure my knee and I had to stop attending the Parkour Meetups at my University. There is something about Kong Vaulting over a fence that is satisfying.296368.jpg

• Like 6

Hi everyone! I'm starting on my quest to become strong and nimble. :3

My ultimate assasspiration is the beautiful, intelligent, dexterous, powerful, deadly, Lara Croft  ^_^

tombraider.png

• Like 4

Hello Assassins!

Like several of you, I'm a fan of Black Widow. 

But my true Assassinspiration, the one I wanted to be since I was 5 years old and never thought I could become is her:

239993-minitokyo.cat_27s.eye.scans_35365

Hitomi. She's the main character from the Manga Cat's Eye by Tsukasa Hojo, a thief intent on gathering her late father's painting by stealing them. And she does all that with the help of her sisters (family is important ^_^) and some awesome gadgets from the 80's. 

My Quest for further awesomeness is also fueled by Asuka Soryu Langley - No need for further explanation ^_^.

• Like 5

My assassin inspiration? Bruce Wayne, yes Batman, but Bruce does the training and suffers the the arrows. Batman is show but Bruce is the real assassin. Catwoman she's a woman who can move like a cat really!? Legolas there is nothing more to say about that. Every character I have ever made in Oblivian or Skyrim. They all rock and they are all the me I want to be minus the bad ass magic.

I wish I knew how to add all the cool stuff but alas I am not a tech savy assassin. One step at a time grasshopper!

• Like 2

My assassin inspiration? Bruce Wayne, yes Batman, but Bruce does the training and suffers the the arrows. Batman is show but Bruce is the real assassin. Catwoman she's a woman who can move like a cat really!? Legolas there is nothing more to say about that. Every character I have ever made in Oblivian or Skyrim. They all rock and they are all the me I want to be minus the bad ass magic.

I wish I knew how to add all the cool stuff but alas I am not a tech savy assassin. One step at a time grasshopper!

legolas.gif

Need I say more?

• Like 4

... I then proceeded to injure my knee and I had to stop attending the Parkour Meetups at my University...

How did you end up injuring your knee?

I managed to chip off the medial side of my patella which makes it prone to dislocating at least once every six months by simply sitting down on a chair. The most recent time was a few months ago when I just stretched my back whilst leaning against the wall and POP! Knee gone and I'm on the floor in pain. I'm so pleased that the BBWW focusses so much on quad muscles, it was one of the things the physio said I should have done...which I never found the motivation to do until now. I remember my orthopaedic surgeon pointing to pics of athletes with huge defined quads and saying "this is what you should look like to prevent further knee dislocations".  :numbness:  Now I want to get into parkour and hence I don't just have health riding on these exercises but also motivation to have fun. :D I can't wait to build up my quads to be able to make some of those jumps.

• Like 1

Such Awesome Pics!!!!

I love Assassin's Creed and Lara Croft

BUT,

My favorite assassin is NIGHTWING!!!!!!

He is so dreamy.  The perfect combination of gymnastics, fighting skill, and parkour. Did I mention he was one of the few superheros to have a college degree!

2710238-nightwing_robin_dick_grayson_nig

Fangirl_mode_tumblr3.gif

• Like 7

As I was cruising through all the responses to "Who is your Assassin inspiration? (Assasspiration?!?)," I was a little sad. I would have totally picked all of them myself. I said to myself, 'All the good ones are picked.' Then, I answered, 'Nah, you forgot this one....'

4f176938d841cae78409c9dd8526469c.jpg

"And this one....."

konachan-com-127303-darker_than_black-he

It's never good to argue with oneself so, yea.....I can't choose....... Have a great night!

• Like 4

Who is my assasspiration? What an excellent question!

Ever since I saw 'District 13' I've been enamored with parkour, the free flowing movement, the ability to literally escape by any means necessary. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suiYQLcrUoI (<- District 13 trailer that refuses to embed)

Then came Ezio Auditore. I LOVE the Assassin's Creed franchise, and while Desmond Miles was in the present, I loved his Italian ancestor. Nothing like running along the rooftops in Venice to win a girl's heart!

Ezio_Auditore_da_Firenze.jpg

Unfortunately I've lacked the strength and ability to really be able to try parkour. 
That stops now! I'm ready to put my mind and body to the test and learn to be the sneaky spider-monkey I always dreamed of being.

When I was a kid I was all about cartwheels and climbing trees, and then, somehow, a sedentary lifestyle kicked in, I gained a lot of weight and lost the fun. I want to be all about cartwheels and climbing trees again! Plus parkour, bouldering, bodyweight...ALL THE THINGS!!!

• Like 4

Such Awesome Pics!!!!

I love Assassin's Creed and Lara Croft

BUT,

My favorite assassin is NIGHTWING!!!!!!

He is so dreamy.  The perfect combination of gymnastics, fighting skill, and parkour. Did I mention he was one of the few superheros to have a college degree!

2710238-nightwing_robin_dick_grayson_nig

Fangirl_mode_tumblr3.gif

Aw yeah Nightwing! I don't know much DC, but I'm working on leveling up my DC (and Marvel) nerd level and Dick Grayson has definitely become one of my favorites.

Another Assasspiration? Green Arrow! Vaulting over rooftops and cavorting around bad guys!

green-arrow-cw.jpg

And of course, my favorite archer and wonderful human being, Clint Barton.

21ca0dda3e911139627a40d9c79940f8.jpg

I had originally planned on simply lurking here...but I watched a series of videos on forming habits today, and being the type of person I am, I need outside shoving (sometimes only gentle prodding, though) to help me reach those sorts of goals. So here I am!

• Like 3

Aw yeah Nightwing! I don't know much DC, but I'm working on leveling up my DC (and Marvel) nerd level and Dick Grayson has definitely become one of my favorites.

Another Assasspiration? Green Arrow! Vaulting over rooftops and cavorting around bad guys!

green-arrow-cw.jpg

And of course, my favorite archer and wonderful human being, Clint Barton.

21ca0dda3e911139627a40d9c79940f8.jpg

I had originally planned on simply lurking here...but I watched a series of videos on forming habits today, and being the type of person I am, I need outside shoving (sometimes only gentle prodding, though) to help me reach those sorts of goals. So here I am!

Archers are awesome!  I always love being an assassin archer in games, like in Skyrim.  I'm also hoping to buy my own bow so I can level up my life for real.

• Like 1

Archers are awesome!  I always love being an assassin archer in games, like in Skyrim.  I'm also hoping to buy my own bow so I can level up my life for real.

I'm so terrible at being ranged in games. I tried rolling a hunter in WoW but couldn't handle it. I prefer running in and smashing things with hammers and swords! But in real life I really enjoy archery, go figure! I'm really bad at it and haven't gone shooting much, but I'm hoping to change that too!

• Like 2