• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hazard

[Level 1] Assassin Initiates (Chat/Q&A)

I'm still a level 0 but when I level up I'm planning on joining the Assassins. My sport is disc golf and I play competitively at the local level.

Any other disc golf players among us?

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Archery is also on my long-term list for RL - and I do play a hunter in WoW.  Ranged classes have always been my favorite for some reason.  

Hell yes! I was also a hunter in WoW. Loved it! I managed to get ranked in the top 100 for a couple Raid fights (via World of Logs) a few times as well, those are still in my fondest memories. I miss playing WoW, but mostly because I miss my guildies. We all kind of started to drift away from the game.

I've always loved the idea of an archer like Legolas who can bounce around all over the place and still nail all their shots (as impractical as I know that idea is, it's still fun to think about).

I think I've decided on an Assassin Inspiration finally. She's a character from some books I ran across a few months ago: Caina Amalas. Very much your "stick to the shadows unnoticed" type of assassin. She's very good at what she does, but I really like her because she's very comfortable with herself and her limits, and really knows where her limits lay, but doesn't let that stop her. She figures out ways to work around or with her limits and gets the job done, and that's really what I hope to get to someday: to know precisely where my limits are and know how to work with or around those limits. It strikes me as a bit of a lifehack as well; adapting anything in life to yourself and getting it done in a way that works for you.

f379fcc7-bbd7-4c91-bb06-47ae9ab1a6ca_zps   4e679d70-b1d1-4df4-9102-559371dd24f1_zps

• Like 3

Hey Assassin ambassadors,

I'm wondering about workouts. Right now, I'm just working on the beginner bodyweight workout, since I'm very much a beginner. However, I feel like I read something somewhere about working into pushups by starting with wall ones? Does this sound right? I sure can't do proper pushups right now, and would like to ensure proper form (which I don't feel like I get out of 'girlie' ones).

Also, are there any other 'assassin' workouts I can get into? Or threads I can follow for this type of thing?

Thanks again for having this thread for questions! It's much appreciated!

• Like 1

I am an assassin aspirer in the long run. Want to do rock climbing like this guy:  

parkour like him: 

actually James bond is my favorite assassin...he definitely can't go wrong with a vodka martini :pirate:  Right now I am trying to increase my body strength and stamina. Hopefully my body-fat % should go down. Next stop is to focus on strengthening myself mentally and continuing with calisthenics. 

• Like 1

Right now, I'm just working on the beginner bodyweight workout, since I'm very much a beginner. However, I feel like I read something somewhere about working into pushups by starting with wall ones? Does this sound right? I sure can't do proper pushups right now, and would like to ensure proper form (which I don't feel like I get out of 'girlie' ones).

Also, are there any other 'assassin' workouts I can get into? Or threads I can follow for this type of thing?

Thanks again for having this thread for questions! It's much appreciated!

Hi everydayoptimist!

Great questions!  Since I just finished video recording my regular training and still have my equipment out, I'm about to make a demo video for you to answer your questions.  It takes me some time to get the videos edited and uploaded to the internet, but I should have it posted here sometime either tonight or tomorrow.  :encouragement:

• Like 4

Hi everydayoptimist!

Great questions!  Since I just finished video recording my regular training and still have my equipment out, I'm about to make a demo video for you to answer your questions.  It takes me some time to get the videos edited and uploaded to the internet, but I should have it posted here sometime either tonight or tomorrow.  :encouragement:

Thanks Hazard!!

I feel like I read something somewhere about working into pushups by starting with wall ones? Does this sound right? I sure can't do proper pushups right now, and would like to ensure proper form (which I don't feel like I get out of 'girlie' ones).

If you have more questions after watching, don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 7

Nice!  But the real burning question is .... how do you get your kitchen counters so clean?  Or did you break into an unused apartment nearby to do the filming?  :playful:

• Like 7

Thank you, Hazard! I will be doing my pushups differently in my next workout. I hadn't realized that the knee pushups didn't carry much strength over to regular pushups, but that does explain why I've consistently had trouble in the past working out of them and into regular pushups!

• Like 2

Nice!  But the real burning question is .... how do you get your kitchen counters so clean?  Or did you break into an unused apartment nearby to do the filming?  :playful:

Bicep curls.  :D

I moved everything to other side of the oven.

Thank you, Hazard! I will be doing my pushups differently in my next workout. I hadn't realized that the knee pushups didn't carry much strength over to regular pushups, but that does explain why I've consistently had trouble in the past working out of them and into regular pushups!

You're welcome!

I watched a bunch of lady assassin movies last week and this one was pretty awesome. Click image to check it out on imdb.  

onesheet.jpg

Wow - natural skin color and all!?!?!?  I'll have to watch this one.  Keep sharing the list!!!

• Like 2

Wow - natural skin color and all!?!?!?  I'll have to watch this one.  Keep sharing the list!!!

Natural color? You mean not caucasian? Yeah, I particularly like that she's not a typical busty white superredhead (not that I have any problem with them whatsoever). I like seeing assassins of all shapes, sizes and colors. 

I was working my way through movies that looked good on this list: link

Another one that I really really enjoyed (for sheer female badassery) was this: 

• Like 2

This is amazingly helpful, thanks so much! I'm mentally arranging all the furniture in my house by height now...

And now the song is stuck in my head.

Aladdin_-_A_Whole_New_World_%282%29.gif

• Like 1

Yea, I think the only movie I've seen that actress as a main character involved blue skin (Avatar) or green skin (Guardians) ... but checking her filmography .... I totally missed that she was Uhura! ... and in Pirates of the Caribbean

Many thanks for the list!!

• Like 2

err...I have a problem in trying for my first pullup. I have no access to dumb-bells and am trying to do a lateral pull down. I actually tried one today but failed in performing it. Went to quarter of a height before falling down. Someone commented me to use jugs for it but my jug carries 2 litres only(approx 2 kgs). Any idea on how should I proceed towards my first lat down?? Would increasing arm strength help??(I can do right now 18 pushups in 3 sets) I am not too overweight(bmi 26)

• Like 1

err...I have a problem in trying for my first pullup. I have no access to dumb-bells and am trying to do a lateral pull down. I actually tried one today but failed in performing it. Went to quarter of a height before falling down. Someone commented me to use jugs for it but my jug carries 2 litres only(approx 2 kgs). Any idea on how should I proceed towards my first lat down?? Would increasing arm strength help??(I can do right now 18 pushups in 3 sets) I am not too overweight(bmi 26)

Pull-ups primarily use your back muscles so increasing your biceps and triceps will only get you so far. What type of equipment can you access? If you have a pull-up bar, you could work on the progression from startbodyweight. Another option would be to work on bodyweight rows (also shown on startbodyweight) or to do bent over dumbbell rows with something that will allow you to increase the weight overtime (milk jug, backpack). For any of these you'll want to focus on using your lats and lower traps.

• Like 1

My Assassiperation is definitely both Hermoine because she's incredibly smart and always essential

hermione_dh_by_zsorzset-d2zigbc.gif

Shadowcat (but mostly the comic version of her)

shadowcat-through-wall-o.gif

And of course anyone that can do parkour or Krav Maga!

vkJi3hn.gif

• Like 2