That sounds awesome! The troupe stuff is so much fun!

I was actually thinking of starting a belly dance accountability group for this challenge, but the first two weeks I knew would be way too crazy to do that. Still thinking about doing one, though. It would be fun and help some of us keep doing a little bit as part of the challenge. Little mini-challenges like zills work one week, do something with costume another, people could contribute their favorite skills drills...

I haven't run across to many of us in the forums, though. Probably be a pretty small group.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My latest review on Amazon is on my most popular book. It is one star, written entirely in caps, and makes zero sense at all. Doesn't bother me.

My reaction reading this:

"It is one star" - wth D_R, you so retarded you clicked the wrong button?

"written entirely in caps" - hold on, this can't be me. Read again

"my latest review" - oh, alright

"Doesn't bother me" - Know what bothers me. I can't remember if I left a review. I did leave a review, right Spark? I'm at work right now and can't check but PLEASETELLMEILEFTAREVIEWIMGONNACRY

*regroups*

Other than that, 100% agree with you. The internet is full of trolls and SL shouldn't go crazy about this. Probably some 5-yearold going "wtf is this, it's not Grand Theft Auto/Call of Duty/Whatever's popular these days, this sucks"

• Like 3

I was actually thinking of starting a belly dance accountability group for this challenge, but the first two weeks I knew would be way too crazy to do that. Still thinking about doing one, though. It would be fun and help some of us keep doing a little bit as part of the challenge. Little mini-challenges like zills work one week, do something with costume another, people could contribute their favorite skills drills...

I haven't run across to many of us in the forums, though. Probably be a pretty small group.

With school finishing up in 2 weeks I'm not sure how much time i would have right now. But definitely the first challenge of 2015!

• Like 1

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

Make it dancing in general and I'm in :)

Maybe that way there'll be a larger group and people can share their favourite form of dance and others can give it a go?

• Like 1

Half-Elf Ranger

[Level: 4 | STR 9 | DEX 5 | STA 9 | CON 10 | WIS 10 | CHA 7 ]

Feel free to visit - Current Challenge

Challenge 3 - Challenge 2 - Challenge 1

Feel free to add me as a Fitbit Friend

With school finishing up in 2 weeks I'm not sure how much time i would have right now. But definitely the first challenge of 2015!

That would make more sense for me, too. I'm risking having DarK_RaideR give me "the Look" otherwise. (We have a pact to not let each other get overextended. :) )

Make it dancing in general and I'm in :)

Maybe that way there'll be a larger group and people can share their favourite form of dance and others can give it a go?

There was a dance group before and it got really big, if I remember right. A possibility, though I think I would be better off sticking with a small one and starting it next challenge. Let's keep talking and thinking about it, and see if others are interested and how many might want to give it a go after the first of the year.

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

My reaction reading this:

"It is one star" - wth D_R, you so retarded you clicked the wrong button?

"written entirely in caps" - hold on, this can't be me. Read again

"my latest review" - oh, alright

"Doesn't bother me" - Know what bothers me. I can't remember if I left a review. I did leave a review, right Spark? I'm at work right now and can't check but PLEASETELLMEILEFTAREVIEWIMGONNACRY

*regroups*

Other than that, 100% agree with you. The internet is full of trolls and SL shouldn't go crazy about this. Probably some 5-yearold going "wtf is this, it's not Grand Theft Auto/Call of Duty/Whatever's popular these days, this sucks"

Yeah. I'm not going crazy over it (now, at least). The team has been discussing it this morning and it is leading to some fruitful discussion about the game's weaknesses and what we can do about it. Maybe introduce questions less frequently, change up some of the speed options in the early levels to make it more challenging sooner. It's a tough call, though, as we are trying to cover a really wide age range. Maybe too wide... Lots to think about.

• Like 3

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

See, that's the way to go. Allow people to help you make yourself better, especially when they mean to cut you down. It's by far the best revenge.

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Congrats on the launch! Sorry people are being jerks on the internet, but it is pretty much standard unfortunately.  That's why it's so brave of you to release something into the world!  I think the game looks cool.  I've got Android though so I'm out of luck for playing it.  I'll go bother people at that link... :)

• Like 1

See, that's the way to go. Allow people to help you make yourself better, especially when they mean to cut you down. It's by far the best revenge.

Yep. It's been pretty productive and got us thinking out of the box a bit more. A good thing. Very good.

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Congrats on the launch! Sorry people are being jerks on the internet, but it is pretty much standard unfortunately.  That's why it's so brave of you to release something into the world!  I think the game looks cool.  I've got Android though so I'm out of luck for playing it.  I'll go bother people at that link... :)

Thanks, Raxie!

I'd take those first two bad reviews more seriously if they used proper grammar. :) One, at least, said why he didn't like it. That is useful feedback.

Starting to get some favorites on Twitter - a fire service software company and a parent/educator, so that is cool. It will grow.

• Like 3

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

That would make more sense for me, too. I'm risking having DarK_RaideR give me "the Look" otherwise. (We have a pact to not let each other get overextended)

I'll have to look into it in detail, but keeping it out of the current challenge and as a plan for 2015 is a good start. Also, if I continue with my breakdance classes, I might even join ;)

• Like 3

American Tribal Style here, too! Loads of fun, though I'm not very good at it. I need to practice more, but I'm doing too many different things to devote much time to it.

I'm hoping to have some time once the app release has settled down so I can justify a subscription to Datura Online for instruction. (The reward I promised myself last challenge!) I teach music most evenings, so it's next to impossible to get a class in, though the group routines are a lot of the fun of the style.
gallery_17054_1458_107213.jpg

Awesome I did middle eastern dance when I was more into historical reenactment, tho the male version. As far as the review, Haters gonna hate. I hope your challenge is going well keep at it! *goes back to beating on Orcs*

• Like 1

Race: Demi-Human

Class; Ranger Level: 3

STR:5 | DEX:5 | CON:6 | INT:1 | WIS:5 | CHA:1

Former ​Challenges: 1, 2, 3

Orcs Killed

100%
100%

Coffee challenge: Failed :(

Next up: Nerd Rumble 2015

I am Groot.

I'll have to look into it in detail, but keeping it out of the current challenge and as a plan for 2015 is a good start. Also, if I continue with my breakdance classes, I might even join ;)

For general dance, yeah, but can you breakdance the Beledi or Chiftetelli? That is the question.

Awesome I did middle eastern dance when I was more into historical reenactment, tho the male version. As far as the review, Haters gonna hate. I hope your challenge is going well keep at it! *goes back to beating on Orcs*

Fun! The challenge is going well. But between orc beatings, you need to come back and fix that double post! Belly dance videos or cat gifs. Your choice... :)

• Like 1

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Today would have been my dad's 83rd birthday. He was a great dad. The very best, in my opinion. He drove trucks for a living for almost 50 years. He put amber cab top lights and air horns on his old Ford pickup and this little donkey on the hood. He called it his mule. It traveled throughout the western US on camping trips and road trips, first with the whole family, and later with just he and my mom.

gallery_17054_1458_134012.jpg

At one point, when I was just a baby, he tested to be a firefighter and the only thing that kept him from it was his knees. And he really liked Peterbilts. This one's for him.

gallery_17054_1458_23542.jpg

• Like 6

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

9df44a0f65dd4ab14bafc1079a8203ab.jpg

Fixed it for you :D

Great one! Thanks!

I especially like the "license to kill," particularly since one of my little darlings just sneaked into the bathroom and murdered the toilet paper roll...

• Like 5

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

There's something completely space rock about that donkey. Other than the fact that donkeys are awesome. So, combined with the trucking, this feels appropriate

Also, since it's past midnight, technically it's my dad's birthday as well. Which is a weird coincidence

That donkey became sort of his trademark. :)

Odd coincidence.

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

SL congrats on your launch! I'm really really proud of you.

I would try a belly dance group next challenge as long as I could find some instructional/easy stuff for a beginner. Gotta try some new stuff sometime!

Thanks, Xena!

There is some online instruction and/or DVD by a teacher I really like that you might enjoy. She's a fantastic belly dancer and she's also heavily into yoga. She mixes a lot of yoga into the belly dance training to make a really great warmup and cool down sequence, plus she grades the belly dance stuff well for different levels.

Yessss. A belly dance/dance accountability group seems to be forming...for after the first of the year. It looks to be a very rangerly group, too. Those parties on the island may get pretty wild!

• Like 2

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

That sounds perfect. Will be a fun new thing for the new year :-)

Most definitely! If we go general dance, I may have to get my old flamenco videos out. I don't know. I still kind of like the idea of belly dance focus. We can see after the first of the year.

Right now, I need to get more of the yoga going to keep the kinks out with the increased amount of jogging I'm doing. I had some tightness in my Achilles tendons today and on Thursday and thought of you and your dealings with that. I need to put together a better cool down/stretch routine than the sort of hit or miss one I've got.

Amazing intro, again. Love the toads. Awesomeness all the way around, again. Sub'd of course. Kick ass!

I intend to kick ass! Especially those slimy little toads' asses. Ha! I feel like they have invaded. I made a list at the beginning of the challenge and have been dispatching at least several small ones every day, but the list still seems just as long! I think it is because the big ones are looming larger as I get rid of their smaller minions...

~T. E. Lawrence

~John Muir

Geez, I'm a slacker... miss a few days around here and there's all kinds of awesomeness to catch up on!

Congrats on surviving release day! I'll have to put my name on the list for an android port, because I'm too counter-cultural to allow iOS devices in my house. :P.

With all these belly dancers around, nobody's going to be able to get any work done at Ranger HQ, what with all the jingling and the zills and that high pitched "lalalala!" thing... I'm going to have to switch back from the assassins! ^^

• Like 1

Level 0 Air Nomad Assassin
STR: 0 STA: 0 DEX: 0 CON: 0 WIS: 0 CHA: 0

Current Challenge: [Url= http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/80570-phayze-accepts-an-apprenticeship-as-an-airbender-respawn/]Apprentice Airbender![/url]

Check Out My LEGO Stuff on Flickr!
"The next golden age of human achievement begins here and now" -Neil Degrasse Tyson, Cosmos