QengpuBenal Keeps the Momentum Going!

QengpuBenal

Goal #1: Breaking Into a Run While I continue with my daily walks, I will also add a goal of running one mile every weekdayStamina +3; Strength +2

28-30 miles = A
25-27 miles = B
22-24 miles = C 
19-21 miles = D 
<19 miles = F 

Goal #2: Eating for Success I will eat a healthy breakfast, 2 healthy snacks, and a healthy lunch every day. This is a total of 4 healthy eating times per day. Wisdom +2; Constitution +2

160-168 healthy eating times = A
140-159 healthy eating times = B
120-139 healthy eating times = C 
100-119 healthy eating times = D 
<100 healthy eating times = F 

Goal #3: Sleep is the Activity of the gods. I do not get nearly enough sleep. This challenge I will strive to get at least 6 hours of sleep every night. This may not sound like a lot, but it's more than I usually get. Also, since my running goal will necessitate getting up an hour early, I will have to push my bedtime back at least 2 hours. Wisdom +3

30-35 nights with 6 hours of sleep = A
25-29 nights with 6 hours of sleep = B

20-24 nights with 6 hours of sleep = C 
15-19 nights with 6 hours of sleep = D 
<15 nights with 6 hours of sleep = F 

Life Goal: Pen a novel novel! This is a roll-over goal from last challenge. Part of this challenge will take place during NaNoWriMo. Thus, this challenge's goal is to write a 50,000 word novel for the first 3 weeks of the challenge Technically, this will have started a bit before the challenge. However, I think it's excusable since it's such a massive undertaking. This will gain me +3 Constitution. The second three weeks will be devoted to editing one of my novels. I would like to reach 20 minutes of editing a day. This should be easy after writing 50,000 words in the previous three weeks. This will gain me +3 Wisdom.

Part One

48,000-50,000 words = A

45,000-47,999 words = B

40,000-44,999 words = C

35,000-39,999 words = D

0-34,999 words = F

Part Two

390-420 minutes = A 
350-380 minutes = B
300-340 minutes = C
250-290 minutes = D 
<250 minutes = F 

Maintenance Goals: This is where I list the goals I want to maintain from previous challenges. The point of some of these things is to build up momentum. Thus, dropping previous goals in favor of the new ones is not always the best idea. For continuing my maintenance goals with a minimum of an 80% success rate, I earn +3 Constitution

Routines - 2 per day. Ultimate Goal = 84.
Walking - 2 miles per day. Ultimate Goal = 84.
Breaks - 3 per work day. Ultimate Goal = 78.
  • Like 1

QengpuBenal, level 4 High Elf Ranger STR5| DEX 2| STA13| CON 6| WIS 19| CHA 6

Battle Log

"I want to live in a world where normal is an insult." - Misha Collins

Awesome, very well-rounded challenge. Best of luck to you in your NaNo-ing adventures. I'm already so behind myself, sob. Love your maintenance goal, too!

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

Gotta keep on keeping on. :) You got it.

Scout 30/Ranger 1 (3 skipped)

Spoiler

"I must not fear. / Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing......Only I will remain."
-Litany Against Fear

Facebook | Twitter | Runkeeper | Strava
Shukar Still Isn't Lion

Awesome, very well-rounded challenge. Best of luck to you in your NaNo-ing adventures. I'm already so behind myself, sob. Love your maintenance goal, too!

Thanks! I'm super behind with NaNo myself! Between work itself and my 2 hours each way commute...I'm so tired when I get home it's hard to get motivated.

Love it QB!! Remind me, what type of diet do you follow?? You mention healthy foods, just trying to remember what to expect :)

I prefer the paleo diet, but I am starting into that slowly. Right now, my plan is oatmeal for breakfast, apple for a morning snack, salad with some kind of meat for lunch, and a banana for an afternoon snack.

Hey QB, you go Girl. This looks great and the tracking of all your goals is a fantastic idea. And writing. We're gonna need a PvP or Accountability group for us pen'ers.

Thanks! We definitely need some types of accountability group for writing!

• Like 1

Battle Log

Hello - how are things?

(I know you always remain tight-lipped throughout every challenge but I thought I'd ask anyway. You never know!)

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Everything has kind of gone to heck! My goals were far too ambitious this challenge. Plus, we moved out of my parents' house into our own place. While I'm happy to not be living with my parent anymore, I had not anticipated the changes that I would need to incorporate into my goals for this challenge. After my 2 hour commute to work, 8 hour work day, and 2 hour commute home...having to cook dinner, help the kids with their homework, run kids to activities, and clean the house all has a much bigger impact than I had anticipated.

I am bowing out of this challenge, but I am working on setting up challenges for 2015 so that I am tackling things in a slow progression and maintaining my gains between challenges.

Battle Log