L1 Juice Bar

Blaidd

Hey y'all, I recently realized that I hate lifting weights so I'm sticking to doing bodyweight workouts. I just seem to enjoy them more. But I read about how lifting, especially heavier weights, builds muscle much faster, which boosts your metabolism, which is most desirable for someone looking to loose weight--and I am. So I was wondering, should I just stick with what I like doing or do exercises that will better apparently allow me to reach my goals quicker/more effectively?

There's been actual studies that prove the power of your mindset. The study that comes to mind was actually done with a cleaning staff in a hotel. Half were told to just keep their normal "this is work" mind set, where as the other half was told to keep and maintain a "this is exercise and try to keep it light hearted and fun" mind set. The later on average lost more weight and was overall healthier. 

so yeah keep it fun do what you like. Myself I like going to the gym and hitting the weights hard, I especially found the gym fun because it was my mid day escape, somewhere positive I go during my lunch break to get away from work. 

Hitting up a blogger for my journey to make a hot sexy body for my hot sexy red shirt 

http://raystightshirt.blogspot.com/

Failure is an option, sometimes it's the only option. Giving up, that isn't an option

There's been actual studies that prove the power of your mindset. The study that comes to mind was actually done with a cleaning staff in a hotel. Half were told to just keep their normal "this is work" mind set, where as the other half was told to keep and maintain a "this is exercise and try to keep it light hearted and fun" mind set. The later on average lost more weight and was overall healthier. 

so yeah keep it fun do what you like. Myself I like going to the gym and hitting the weights hard, I especially found the gym fun because it was my mid day escape, somewhere positive I go during my lunch break to get away from work. 

I would love it if I had enough time to hit the gym on my lunch breaks! It would certainly beat waking up at 5 am every morning like I have been  :playful:

I have tried loosing weight many many times before and I think one of the biggest reasons why I always fell of the wagon was that I never liked the workouts and I never liked the food. It's kinda dumb, but when I discovered this website, it was like an revelation: there are really countless ways to work out, and a lot of them look like fun! Oh, and I bought a bunch of healthy cookbooks to help me with the food issue. All in all, I feel very good about this. 

• Like 3

So I'm super new to NF, I just found this amazing place this last Saturday and I've been obsessing since then.  I guess at least it's a "healthy" obsession.  That being said this is my first challenge and I'm looking forward to doing this with all of you.  Time to take some starting pictures.  

• Like 5

Weight Loss Goal

0%
0%

Level 1 Qunari Tal-Vashoth Warrior

[STR 2] [DEX 0] [STA 0] [CON 0] WIS 0] [CHA 0] 

Battle Log     Level 1 Challenge   

I tried the cucumber one from that list above... it was messy and rather frustrating!  Better eaten with a knife and fork, which then defeats the idea of using cukes as a non-bread.  Just thought I'd share my experience.  

Instead of taking the middle out like they did, I do thick slices and do an open face sandwich, less messy.

Nori and rice paper are also great

Try not, do or do not- Yoda

I would love it if I had enough time to hit the gym on my lunch breaks! It would certainly beat waking up at 5 am every morning like I have been  :playful:

I have tried loosing weight many many times before and I think one of the biggest reasons why I always fell of the wagon was that I never liked the workouts and I never liked the food. It's kinda dumb, but when I discovered this website, it was like an revelation: there are really countless ways to work out, and a lot of them look like fun! Oh, and I bought a bunch of healthy cookbooks to help me with the food issue. All in all, I feel very good about this. 

I know paleo isn't for everyone, but I have a bunch of great paleo recpies if you ever need. A lot of them are slow cooker ones so super easy! and tasty!

• Like 3

So I'm super new to NF, I just found this amazing place this last Saturday and I've been obsessing since then.  I guess at least it's a "healthy" obsession.  That being said this is my first challenge and I'm looking forward to doing this with all of you.  Time to take some starting pictures.  

I'm super new too, I just singed up a couple days ago. I feel already like I want to succeed a little harder thanks to just having a little group trying the same general thing I am. hopefully I can stick with it long enough to live my dream of doing a Sparta and a triathlon. 

• Like 5

Hitting up a blogger for my journey to make a hot sexy body for my hot sexy red shirt 

Failure is an option, sometimes it's the only option. Giving up, that isn't an option

I'm really feeling this NF thing too, best two workouts I've had in a while were yesterday and today. When it comes to the gym I got lucky, a Gold's Express moved in down the street from my job, close enough that except for a Burger King and Little Caesars I have a shorter trip to the gym than to get junk food. Also my lunch breaks are a very flexible hour so it makes it easy to stick with it at lunch. I used to try after work because I'm not the kind of person that likes getting up early, but I would 99 days out of 100 just go "nah I'll gym tomorrow." 

• Like 2

Instead of taking the middle out like they did, I do thick slices and do an open face sandwich, less messy.

Nori and rice paper are also great

Oh, nori is a good idea! I was thinking little mini sandwiches with round cucumber slices would be fun as well.

When I started trying to clean up my diet, I had to ease into it. I started by taking stuff I liked to eat and subbing in a few healthier options for a few of the ingredients. Once I got both used to the flavors of the healthier stuff, and found what of the healthier ingredients I really liked, I took the healthier stuff and hunted out other recipes using those ingredients. 

My battle is still portion control. My stomach is getting used to it slowly. The problem is one of the ways I tried to clean up my diet was learning to cook, and once I realized I could cook all this awesome stuff myself it was really hard to not go overboard, haha. I'm doing better, but I still have to watch it really close if I make a big batch of something to use as lunches as well.

• Like 1

Maeghaan | Assassin

EQ Level 2 | NF Level 4

I started a blog: The Cognitive Itch
"Even in these chains, you can't stop me"

Weight loss goal: Drop from 247 to 160

36%
36%

I don't know if it fits what's going on in here but I always liked the odd motivational. 

" I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan. 

Since I've heard that I realized how much I can identify with that and how much it drives me.

From me, I haven't heard anything like this anywhere but also wouldn't be surprised if someone has said something like it. 

Don't try to be as good as someone else, don't work exclusively just to be better at something than someone else. When you do that you've already placed limits on what you can achieve, go out and try to be the best you can because when you do that you will always have room and motivation to be better.

"Whether you say you can, or you say you can't, you're right." Henry Ford

Like me everyone here signed up to try to reach their goal, so you've already said you can.

• Like 3

From me, I haven't heard anything like this anywhere but also wouldn't be surprised if someone has said something like it. 

Don't try to be as good as someone else, don't work exclusively just to be better at something than someone else. When you do that you've already placed limits on what you can achieve, go out and try to be the best you can because when you do that you will always have room and motivation to be better.

My usual go-to's:

lombardigetup.jpg

Woohoo!  Welcome, Dark_Queen!  :)

• Like 1

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

I know paleo isn't for everyone, but I have a bunch of great paleo recpies if you ever need. A lot of them are slow cooker ones so super easy! and tasty!

Muddy, do you have any overnight slow cooker ones for breakfast?

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

Muddy, do you have any overnight slow cooker ones for breakfast?

Not so much for breakfasts, then again i tend to eat leftovers from the night before. I made a batch of scotch eggs this weekend and they've been great. Basically hard boil eggs, cool and peel

I used just pork, but it was super lean so next time going to mix some 80/20 beef in to, lots of spices (i used sage, oregano, thyme, garlic but anything would do)

Make little ground meat patties and wrap the eggs with them (takes a few tries to get a system, but the last few were way easier than the first)

Cook in the oven for about 20 minuets.

Then in the morning i just slightly heat them to take the chill off and eat with mustard

But now you have me thinking about what to do for breakfasts in it, I'll start looking. I tend to eat my first meal at like 9-10, so its a lot easier to have a brunchfast type meal. I had a recipe for breakfast salad too (with lots of yummy herbs) that was great, can't find it right now, but I'll try and track it down again.

Not sure if you do dairy, but greek yogurt with nuts or nutola (http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-granola/) for another fast breakfast.

Well I've started a recipe thread for anyone who wants to post a recipe they'd like to share with the rest of us.

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

Hey y'all, I recently realized that I hate lifting weights so I'm sticking to doing bodyweight workouts. I just seem to enjoy them more. But I read about how lifting, especially heavier weights, builds muscle much faster, which boosts your metabolism, which is most desirable for someone looking to loose weight--and I am. So I was wondering, should I just stick with what I like doing or do exercises that will better apparently allow me to reach my goals quicker/more effectively?

You're not likely to stick to something you don't enjoy so rather do what you love - and maybe just try something new every now and again to see if you like that (drop it if you don't like it).

• Like 1

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

For now as far as breakfasts go, I'm stuck with cold cereal with almond milk or a clif or larabar.  I'd love to begin eating eggs, meat and veggies, but as of right now, it's just not possible.  However, my protein shake is really more of a meal replacement than a super fancy smancy muscle builder, so I can get a quick 20g of vegan protein with just 9 ounces of water, so that helps when I'm on the run for work and/or school. :)

But I would like other breakfast ideas, because I don't want to consume more grains than I need to because it bothers my digestion, and it's also pretty expensive, because I buy the bars a dollar each, and it adds up quick.

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

For now as far as breakfasts go, I'm stuck with cold cereal with almond milk or a clif or larabar.  I'd love to begin eating eggs, meat and veggies, but as of right now, it's just not possible.  However, my protein shake is really more of a meal replacement than a super fancy smancy muscle builder, so I can get a quick 20g of vegan protein with just 9 ounces of water, so that helps when I'm on the run for work and/or school. :)

But I would like other breakfast ideas, because I don't want to consume more grains than I need to because it bothers my digestion, and it's also pretty expensive, because I buy the bars a dollar each, and it adds up quick.

I'll post the recipe in that thread too, but scotch eggs (minus the flour and breadcrumbs) have egg and meat in the morning, grab a few veggies and you're good to go!

This book has gluten-free recipes for the slow cooker, including breakfast stuff.  You might have to modify a bit for paleo, but most of what I've tried from this has been very good:

Make It Fast, Cook It Slow: The Big Book of Everyday Slow Cooking Paperback   by Stephanie O'Dea (Author)

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Walk to Mordor Spreadsheet

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Howdy friends! So err. Maybe this is the wrong place to bring this up. But I was wondering whether people might have insights about the Ranger class vs the Assassins class. I suppose it doesn't matter for now since I'll be a level 1 rebel for the next six weeks anyway, but I'm curious, because I have found myself really going back and forth between the two. What are the big distinctions between them?

Also, sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this, gahh

LionHeart_BadgerSoul
Race: Elf | Class: Undetermined
[Level: 0 | STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0 ]
First Six Week Challenge

Howdy friends! So err. Maybe this is the wrong place to bring this up. But I was wondering whether people might have insights about the Ranger class vs the Assassins class. I suppose it doesn't matter for now since I'll be a level 1 rebel for the next six weeks anyway, but I'm curious, because I have found myself really going back and forth between the two. What are the big distinctions between them?

Also, sorry if this is not the appropriate place to post this, gahh

I'm still learning the classes myself, I was going to just delay my decision until near the end of my first challenge. Now I could be wrong (which I am a lot and my boss hates) but I think the main difference between ranger and assassin is more focused between with an assassin you are doing crazy gymnastics type stuff, where as a ranger you want to be stronger, but not with sacrificing your endurance. 

My workout habits tend to lead towards warrior but I want to do things like a triathlon, I love doing obstacle courses so I may need to lead more towards the ranger. but assassins get to do awesome free running and gymnastic stuff.

guess I could do another hit of motivation. 

"be the change you want to see." Ghandi 

especially true for all of us here, we are hoping to be the big change in our own lives :D