Meesa Gets a Clean and Clear Run Up To Christmas [Level 3]

Dianakdrury

Meesa Gets a Clean and Clear Run Up To Christmas [Level 3]

So my first two challenges have been pretty interrupted; by injury and by shitty life things. I’ve had a really bad run the last few months.

Speaking of runs; I still have two left from my last challenge - although running; especially not distance won’t be a focus of this challenge/

• 16th November City2Sea - 15km

• 23rd November Health.com.au Spring into Shape 3 - 10km

Main Quest

To have a pre pre-season before the soccer club pre-season starts and the Australian summer gets too hot. To be working on the power and abilities that my body will need as a GK; so that when the pre-season starts I can move onto skill work.

Goal 1. Jumping - I need to be able to jump and dive for the ball.

I want to work on my jump strength and height. During this challenge I will be building up my Body Weight Squats towards Jump Squats and where/if possible (I usually train inside in my kitchen/living room) box/bench jumps.

Goal 2. Upper Body and Core - I need to be able to get up fast and strongly palm or punch the ball away.

Keep working towards being able to do push ups that are not on my knees. Also once that is accomplished I would like to work in balance work by doing them with my hands on a soccer ball - which is a challenge set to me by my coach.

I will be continuing doing an adapted version of the BBWW but working on these progressions.

I will also do yoga 3-5 times a week focussing on upper body and back to improve my flexibility.

Goal 3. Sprinting - I need to be able to come out hard at my opposition and when I have the ball I need to be able to sprint to the edge of the box.

I will continue to be running in intervals but I would like to be working in some more serious sprints - and now that the weather is getting nicer I should be about so start doing a few beach runs.

I have a specific exercise that I have in mind to bring all these together into a few keeper specific movements and programs which I would like to start working into the program but they require someone to be able to kick a ball at me. So not yet. Although I’m sure I’ll post some of them as I go.

Life Quest

Keep the diet clean.

Part A - Sugar and Junk

At the end of my second challenge I quit sugar and junk food as a stress/boredom option. I and not giving up the idea of having a piece of cake at Christmas. As well as full on cutting out soft drinks and fast food (I also don’t count things such as a handful of jelly beans after a super hard workout in 30 degree C heat because that is about blood sugar). But I have a reward program for the days I don’t partake in the bad sugars. $2 Everyday I don’t have it + $6 every time I make it 7 days; so basically $20 a week. I’ve made it 3 weeks now and I’m feeling a lot better.

Part B - Nails

I’m going try stop biting my nails. Exercise of willpower. Ideally I’d like to have nails by the time I turn 24 (January 2015). I’ll probably still wear them short but it will also be better for my teeth. I hate wearing makeup but nail polish I don’t mind so I’ll be looking forward to being able to paint them.

• Like 1

Twitter: dianakdrury Instagram: dianakdrury
Fitbit

So yay. This challenge is about not being injured and I have a giant burn on my calf. Oh well

Schedule is as follows

Mon

Yoga

Work - exhibition so lots of standing

Shop and cook for the week

Tues

Run + BBWW

Work

Skills sesh or long run

Wed

Yoga

Work

Long run + BBWW

Thurs

Run + BBWW

Work

Open Mic

Fri

Run + BBWW

Work

Friend's birthday. Other Friend's Band's gig as a maybe

Sat

City2 xpo for race bib and shirt

Early night

Sun

City2sea

Rest

Indoor Soccer

Should be hard on the body in a good way. A few early nights throughout the week I think with be good. Since I'll be rising at 5am again

Fitbit

I burnt it. I was warming up after an obstacle course and my leg rocked back and burnt on the drum that was used as a fire place. Its pretty gnarly.

this post avoided the black hole of typing on a phone. tapatalk

Ugh. Sorry. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Ugh. Sorry.

It happens all the time. I am one of those people who always has an injury. So my challenge is about avoiding the big ones.

Day 1 wasn't the greatest. I had to pick up stuff for work before the exhibition so i didn't get morning exercise in.

Didn't have a great breakfast :( but being at the exhibition I also didn't snack. Got home around 4. Pretty much straight to supermarket. Giant stirfry. Mostly veges. Bit of chicken. Sweet chilli sauce rather than one of the pre-mixed ones. Bit of rice. Lights should be out by 930 (just going to read for a bit).

Fridge is stocked so I can have big breaky after exercise tomorrow.

Fitbit

Day 2 was better. I got up early although I couldn't quite get out of bed so I did some yoga rather than a full workout.

We had a work lunch. Had a big burger (one of those really good ones) and some salad. The 4 of us shared desert. So I had some. Remembering I'm not cutting out those sorts of things in celebration - its more the snacking and craving.

After work really short run/walk. Slight quad sprain + rib and shoulder soreness + wearing in new runner. Got through the bbww x2 and 80 high knees for the mini quest worked into that. Then some more yoga as a cool down +.time with my foam roller.

Fruit and yogurt for dinner. Another early night I'm hoping.

• Like 1

Fitbit

Sooo I forgot to update last night.

I got through a 5km ish walk. I was a bit sore and I'm wearing in new runners so running wasn't happening. My ribs are still sore. I really need to build up my core muscles to support the constant bruising. Then i got through 2 sets of the playground workout with added squats (and high knees for the mini challenge).

Feeling quite sore this morning - may try fit in a light work out before open mic - some mountain climbers for the mini challenge.

• Like 1

Fitbit

So I finished the 15km. Yay. I'm so looking foward to these runs being over.

I really want to strip back distance and focus on building up my body so it can handle things.

I did really well the start of the week and but I had to taper before the race. I won't have to do that too much before the last 10km. Kept up with the good food as well so yay.

Next weeks plan - I'll try and work in whatever the mini challenge is.

Mon

Yoga

Work Cleaning and shopping for week

Tues

Run + BBWW

Work

Skills sesh or long run

Wed

Yoga

Work

Long run + BBWW

Thurs

Run + BBWW

Work

Open Mic

Fri

Run + BBWW

Work

Watching the soccer

Sat

Pick up my parents from the airport and do washing at their place

Drive home

Sun

Last 10km

Rest

Indoor Soccer

• Like 1

Fitbit

Having one of those difficult weeks with motivation because of work. And also my fitbit died :( but they're sending me a free repacement one. Seriously feeling some serious hunger to hit the track tonight after work.

Monday I was sorer than expected frm old injuries. I'm really looking forward to these runs being over so I can rest those parts of my body and focus on building thoe muscles and movment.

So I went to the movies on Monday night. And on Tuesday I cleaned cooked and then watched the Socceroos match with a cup of cocoa. The goroceries were heavy and I carried them a fair way.

I got a bit of a shock. I was vainly looking at myself in the mirror and snapped a few; but dug out a few 'before' shots I took in Feb/March this year. I was actually pretty impressed. I never looked huge - but the difference is pretty insane. Considering I have alreayd lost about 5kg (11 pounds when I took the before shots. I've probably lost about 10 (22)- (maybe) 15kg (33) since those photos. I haven't weighed myself this week But I think its another 9-ish (19 until I'm at my ideal area). **

Gave me the boost of motivation I've been missing for today, even though I slept in (soccer match finished late). I'm really keen on tonight. (I always tend to go hard the day after my teams play; especially if they win - not the case this time)

**its really weird converting the numbers for me because it seems huge compared to the numbers I'm used to.

• Like 1

Fitbit

Well its been a really weird week.

I got nothing done when it came to exercise or saving; but my diet was ok.

I just finished my last race and I'm very relieved its done and I can just focus on strength now.

My new fitbit it waiting for me at the post office too -  I really missed the little reminder and ability to track how I was going.

Anyway plan for next week.

Mon

Yoga

Work

Run and BBWW

Tues

Yoga

Work

Blood donation - potential dinner with friend to recover. I always get really knocked around after it. Bad circulation; shockingly bad veins; and rare blood.

Wed

Yoga

Work

Run + BBWW

Thurs

Yoga

Work

Run + BBWW

Open Mic

Fri

Yoga

Work

Soccer - spectating. But I've upgraded mine and my friends memberships to be active area. We stand the whole game and there is a lot of jumping and cheering.

Sat

First real weekend in ages so sleep in a little.

Soccer club I follow has a bit of an exhibition day just down the road. So I'll have a wander around that.

Early night,

Sun

Shopping

Study

Indoor Soccer

Fitbit

Arrrg so I had a bad week. Something along the line of my blood donation hitting me really hard and I couldn't do anything for a week.

So hopefully I go better this week.

Mon

Yoga

Work

Run and BBWW

Tues

Yoga

Work

Washing and cleaning

Wed

Yoga

Work