• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

karinajean

karinajean gives herself ALL THE PRESENTS

Sunday pre challenge!

I had to go back and remind myself of my goals. Phew, I picked some good ones.

I had a really good workout at the gym yesterday. Legs and arms went very well. Plus in the GOOD column - I got there early enough to do both legs and arms. Today my muscles are aching. Plus a lingering head cold. But the sun is up and so am I... Everyone else is sleeping. I'm going to go make some tea and read in bed for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 5

Made my schedule.

430092ba36ac43c7cc8db474d90d9efb.jpg

I know it's pre challenge, but tonight we had the boys strip their beds and do ALL THEIR LAUNDRY which is huge. And we finally got the flannel sheets out for everyone and new duvet covers washed and onto the comforters and I'm so excited because the boys room was getting to be extra stinky and the sheets were well past stale. I feel like we actually accomplished something. Crow!

• Like 5

boys are soooooo smelly!

to be honest, though, their dad and I are not the best at keeping things clean too - our house is super cluttered. we try to keep it NOT DIRTY but it's long on-going process to stay ahead of our things. And I think at their mom's house she does the laundry and bedroom chores for them. so they're stuck between not having awesome examples on our end, and not having to do this type of work and her house.

but really, they are SO SMELLY.

• Like 1

boys are soooooo smelly

Remembering growing up with an older brother, yes, this is very true. And then they hit the age where they discover AXE or Old Spice, or something just as smelly, and it's a whole new smelly. I could smell my brother downstairs before he even stepped out of his room.

• Like 2

Remembering growing up with an older brother, yes, this is very true. And then they hit the age where they discover AXE or Old Spice, or something just as smelly, and it's a whole new smelly. I could smell my brother downstairs before he even stepped out of his room.

For me, it was Brut...I caught a whiff of that in Walgreens the other day, and it was like someone bottled the 80's.  

• Like 1

oh geez.... sometimes they'll smell like something strong and chemically (as opposed to strong and feet) but mostly I pretend like my eyes are watering and tell them that they have to lay off the scent b/c some people are allergic. Then we have Awkward Conversation Time With The Stepmonster [tm] where I tell them that perfumes and colognes should be like a really nice surprise when you're getting close to someone you're interested in. they HATE when I talk to them about romantical relationships. mostly they leave their smell sprays at their mom's house (PHEW).

I remember when my brother hit the "can't stop the foot smell from happening" stage, and he would have to leave his shoes outside. that's where we are right now.

• Like 2

I remember when my brother hit the "can't stop the foot smell from happening" stage, and he would have to leave his shoes outside. that's where we are right now.

My brother -- he's 30 -- never outgrew this stage...

• Like 1

Gym today for PT! So I can check that box off.

(oh shoot that reminds me I have to cancel my evening PT appt)

This is what I do at the gym for PT:

Bike warm up - 10 min level 7
Treadmill - warm up 3 min, jog 1 min walk 1 min x 5, finish 3 min warm down. 3.7/5.1 speeds
Aduction 3x10 200
Abduction 3x10 200
Leg press/calf raise 3x10 120
Hamstring curl  3x10 80
Squatsx30
Step-upsx30
Step downs/Step ups - 8"
Lunges x40
Sidesteps 4 rows
Jumping 3x30

JUMPING THREE TIMES THIRTY!

it's just jumping up and down in place.

I think at PT on Wednesday he will likely start me jumping back and forth across a line.

BUT it's still very exciting.

Also exciting, I upped my speed a tiny bit on the running parts, and I upped my weight on the leg press/calf raise by 5 lbs.

Hamstrings I think I'm still at capacity, but I think I can bump up the abduction/adduction a little.

SIDEBAR I love going over to those machines and cranking the weight up. I've noticed most women at this gym generally keep it between 30 and 70 lbs. to which I have to say: HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO KILL YOUR ENEMIES SONYA BLADE STYLE?

y47dNE.gif

tonight I am going to visit a friend who's mother just passed away. super sad for my friend. Happy I can fit the trip down to see her into my schedule.

• Like 5

OMG GIRL!

You just made my day with the Sonya Blade comment and gif!

You rock!   lol, Seriously awesome.

Good job hitting things on Day1.  Love the schedule.

Boys ARE smelly.   Hockey locker rooms do not get separated... so the locker room the 15-18 year old boys just finished in is often the one the girls hop into.

*gag*  *choke*   Course... we have a few girls on our team that we put caution tape around when they change... *peee yuuuu*

• Like 1

Why is it that boys think that their cologne should be smelled from 10 yards away? Bleh. As for the sports stink, washing all my sons' clothes with baking soda and a bit of tea tree oil helps, at least until they sweat again.

Great start to your challenge!

• Like 2

whoa I totally slept in this morning. it was awesome. my trip out to Staten Island was good, and my friend is amazing and strong. We got home at around 1130 and my husband managed to shut off the 5AM alarm and we woke up (SERENDIPITOUSLY) at 730. Considering I started to really feel head-coldy yesterday I definitely appreciated the extra sleep. I'm also taking powerful quantities of advil cold and sinus.

TKD is cancelled tonight because of veteran's day. I'm still working (aaaah a consultants life) today but I've got my gym bag packed so I can hit the gym for arms day on the way home. I've got dinner planned out and will solidly enforce my own 9:30 bedtime tonight.

I DID get a letter from my insurance saying I'm out of PT visits, so tomorrow I'll work with my PT and figure out a negotiated price and start going 1x a week (with 2x a week at the gym, or whatever schedule we work out). That will inform my scheduling moving forward - it's a lot easier to leave work early / on time if I HAVE TO for physical therapy instead of for just "me" at the gym. it's something I struggle with, and will need to work on moving forward.

• Like 2

OMG GIRL!

You just made my day with the Sonya Blade comment and gif!

You rock!   lol, Seriously awesome.

Good job hitting things on Day1.  Love the schedule.

Boys ARE smelly.   Hockey locker rooms do not get separated... so the locker room the 15-18 year old boys just finished in is often the one the girls hop into.

*gag*  *choke*   Course... we have a few girls on our team that we put caution tape around when they change... *peee yuuuu*

seriously that sonya blade thing cracks me up every time. I also think to myself "how do you expect to CRUSH YOUR LOVERS if you are only lifting 30 lbs with your inner thigh muscles?"

I always played Sonya in Mortal Combat. mostly because she was the only girl. sigh.

Why is it that boys think that their cologne should be smelled from 10 yards away? Bleh. As for the sports stink, washing all my sons' clothes with baking soda and a bit of tea tree oil helps, at least until they sweat again.

Great start to your challenge!

I would like to treat their smelly socks by burning them with fire. we HAVE been spraying rubbing alcohol into Fifteen's boots, which helps a lot (kills the stink bacteria). I'm thinking about setting him up with a spray bottle to use at his mom's house too.

Looks like you've had an awesome start to the challenge! :D

Day 1 definitely went awesomely!

• Like 1

SIDEBAR I love going over to those machines and cranking the weight up. I've noticed most women at this gym generally keep it between 30 and 70 lbs. to which I have to say: HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO KILL YOUR ENEMIES SONYA BLADE STYLE?

y47dNE.gif

I'm sure those women are just "toning" and don't want to get "bulky".  ;)  I don't get it, either.  At those weights, I'm shocked they can feel anything at all.  I feel the same way about the barbie dumbbells.  

My 4 year old already has sweaty, smelly feet.  I'm doomed.  

• Like 2

As a girl without brothers and a woman without children, all this talk of stinky boys is vaguely horrifying me.  :playful:

I THINK I MAY NOT BE CUT OUT FOR PARENTING.

All that aside, Karina, you're doing awesome!!!!!

• Like 1

Ah yes.  Mortal Kombat 1.

I started my gaming (arcade gaming) career with MKII - Katana for the hax stick them in the corner, lift them with your fans, combo kill move!

I'm still feeling a little sickish so I'm going to go home. HEY I'M STILL AT WORK THAT'S NOT COOL. so I'm going to go home, and have a nice dinner, and go to bed, and get up early for arms day. but also I will totally do toys. 5 minutes on the timer with the hula hoop. and then dinner, and then bed. ok, go team: break!

• Like 2

Whoa so hooping (just waist, I'm a total beginner) for 5 minutes was exhausting. This is going to be a really good addition to my challenge.

• Like 2

I hope you are feeling better this morning!

Thank you! My nose is still runny but my head feels a little clearer. I'm still taking the cold meds but I hit the gym today for arms and that went super well. I also threw in 3x20 bicycles while stretching. Which were alarmingly tough.

Oh! Here's some crows: bicycles at the gym were tough so I did 3 sets of them. AND today I increased my lat pulldown to 90 lbs. AND ALSO I got an unsolicited "you're so muscular!" from my husband, and I know he wasn't just trying to sweet talk me.

• Like 4