• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RisenPhoenix

The Courtyard (Monk's General Chat Thread)

Monks, your assistance is needed!  I cannot remember and cannot find the awesome monk who trains Jedi lightsabre forms.  There is a level 1 Rebel who is looking into his local Jedi sparring group and it simply cannot be borne that these two people are not brought together.  

So, find PolishRifle and our unnamed monk!  More monks is more awesome!

• Like 1

Monks, your assistance is needed!  I cannot remember and cannot find the awesome monk who trains Jedi lightsabre forms.  There is a level 1 Rebel who is looking into his local Jedi sparring group and it simply cannot be borne that these two people are not brought together.  

Ormac.

I shot him a message.

Also, best be wary.  People who harass Guild Leaders to put up Courtyards and ask for help with Level oners have been known to be thrown into leadershipy positions....

Or so I've been told.

• Like 3

Also, best be wary.  People who harass Guild Leaders to put up Courtyards and ask for help with Level oners have been known to be thrown into leadershipy positions....

Or so I've been told.

You don't scare me.

You harassed Kishi constantly.  You deserve it.

You don't scare me.

You harassed Kishi constantly.  You deserve it.

Oi! I only harassed him after I had done 7-8 challenges and had been around for a long while!  You know how long it took me to build myself up to that harassment, buddy?!

Oi! I only harassed him after I had done 7-8 challenges and had been around for a long while!  You know how long it took me to build myself up to that harassment, buddy?!

bzzzz bzzz bzzz bzzzz

That's all I hear.

We have a definite slant towards eastern martial arts.  But fencing and HEMA (and probably more that I'm unaware of) are totally in our bailiwick, too.  There is a fine level 1 Rebel by the name of Jbwraith learning fencing from the son of a WW2 cavalryman, which is pretty darned amazing if you ask me.

• Like 2

Ormac.

I shot him a message.

Message received!  Y'all are quick.  I hadn't even realized the new Challenge subforum had been created yet! 

We have a definite slant towards eastern martial arts.  But fencing and HEMA (and probably more that I'm unaware of) are totally in our bailiwick, too.  There is a fine level 1 Rebel by the name of Jbwraith learning fencing from the son of a WW2 cavalryman, which is pretty darned amazing if you ask me.

TPLA actually has one of the Masters who's discipline is Fencing.  I'll hop on over and say hi! 

I swear this is the last one today and I'll finish my own challenge.

A young jiu jitsu practitioner has started in the level 1 Rebels.  He goes by viki and he has a challenge near and dear to my own heart.  Trying to do more push-ups is a noble goal and one I encourage heartily.  

So I was going to make this challenge all about diet and cardio, and slowly working my way up to 45 minutes on high resistance on the fancy ellipticals they have at UNBC.   But then this morning I bashed out 45 minutes on high resistance, so... I'm there already. Time to re-tool my goals and think of a challenge theme and... stuff. 

• Like 1

If we're short a Guild Leader after the 16th, I swear I had nothing to do with it.

We wouldn't be short a guild leader...Cheechoe and Kishi would just have to elevate whoever took out the GL into their former role.

:P

• Like 1

We wouldn't be short a guild leader...Cheechoe and Kishi would just have to elevate whoever took out the GL into their former role.

:tongue:

It is a bit like Highlander.  Kill one and gain his power.

*sage nod*

• Like 2

Don't even...

SFGL.

• Like 2

We're definitely all mad around here.  

So I'm debating on whether or not to even participate in this challenge.  The goals I've written up for myself are easily the hardest goals I've ever set forth, and only one is even fitness related!  Not to mention I'm feeling a little burned out right now, and on top of that I'm going on a trip next week for the entire first week of the challenge.  

I know on the one hand I'm just making excuses, especially since the goals I set are going to be my next challenge no matter when I do it, but I still kinda feel like I need a break too.