• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shello

LadyShello and her 2001:Space Odyssey

I tried this idea once. I had to make one new thing every week. I found a few great new foods. I hope this works well for you. I haven't done it in while, maybe I'll give it another go in the next challenge. 

Be sure to let us know how your chili challenge works for you. I am certain you will do great!!!!! 

The chili turned out great.  I managed to eat an appropriate amount and limited the amount of those evil Doritos.  I had some again on Sunday and had even less chips with it, and yes, ate it with a spoon.  crazy concept, I know.  So another point award.  

• Like 1

It's a good thing the food worked out for the week because it feels like everything else went to hell in a handbasket.  By the middle of last week I ended up in the middle of an epic family shit-storm.  This drained me emotionally and physically.  Then I started to get sick at the same time and that drained me of energy for the rest of the weekend.  I ended up with 2 unscheduled rest days and I didn't both to do yoga either day either.  But staying off the scale for the week worked out.  Somehow I managed to lose 4.2 pounds last week.  Probably a lot of that was due to not feeling well so it probably wasn't fat loss.  

Avoid the scale - no peeking.  A+

Food battle - 2 battles attempted and success on both fronts.  A+

Astronaut Fitness - This was week 10 of YAYOG and I am 2 workouts short.  But I did get 3 done this week and according to the challenge, 3 is what I was aiming for in general.  so A

3 cardio sessions in, 190 points.  A-

Hopefully all the family drama is over.  I'm still so tired from not feeling well so hopefully this week I can get over that too and start kicking some butt.  

Wow, great job Shello!  It really shows how dedicated you are to meet your goals even with all the extra stress and obstacles!

Sorry I was AWOL most of last week, I had the week off work and didn't make it onto the computer much.  I was a bad accountabilibuddy!

Great job on the cooking, are you saving the recipes you like and making notes on the changes you had/wanted to make to it?

Wow, great job Shello!  It really shows how dedicated you are to meet your goals even with all the extra stress and obstacles!

Sorry I was AWOL most of last week, I had the week off work and didn't make it onto the computer much.  I was a bad accountabilibuddy!

Great job on the cooking, are you saving the recipes you like and making notes on the changes you had/wanted to make to it?

That's alright.  I was hardly on over the weekend either.  I actually logged the recipe onto myfitnesspal so I can go back to it with the changes I made.  

What kind of distance do you think we can pull off?  I'm trying to think of picturesque things in my neck of the woods and not a ton comes to mind.

I could do 2km (1.25 Miles) a day fairly easily.  I'll be walking, there is not enough snow to go cross country skiing yet or I could rack up a bunch.  

I'm thinking there is going to be a significant amount snow on our island based on the things I can take a picture of.  2k sounds reasonable but I', not sure I can find the time everyday.  Today I am struggling again and skipping my workout.  Of course, I will try to get my 15 minutes of yoga in.  Tomorrow, Wed, Thurs should be easy as long as I start feeling better. 

So you can put us down for 4k as our distance and then we would hopefully hit that everyday?

It's a good thing the food worked out for the week because it feels like everything else went to hell in a handbasket. By the middle of last week I ended up in the middle of an epic family shit-storm. This drained me emotionally and physically. Then I started to get sick at the same time and that drained me of energy for the rest of the weekend. I ended up with 2 unscheduled rest days and I didn't both to do yoga either day either. But staying off the scale for the week worked out. Somehow I managed to lose 4.2 pounds last week. Probably a lot of that was due to not feeling well so it probably wasn't fat loss.

Avoid the scale - no peeking. A+

Food battle - 2 battles attempted and success on both fronts. A+

Astronaut Fitness - This was week 10 of YAYOG and I am 2 workouts short. But I did get 3 done this week and according to the challenge, 3 is what I was aiming for in general. so A

3 cardio sessions in, 190 points. A-.

Hopefully all the family drama is over. I'm still so tired from not feeling well so hopefully this week I can get over that too and start kicking some butt.

Congrats on the food battles! I am battling my sweet tooth demon and seeing success as well. Feels great, doesn't it?? :)

Hope you start feeling better too.

@LazyDragonAR - Good point.  But then towards the end of the week we may not be able to finish up a session.  Let's split the difference and do 6k? 

@RXLady - oh that blasted sweet tooth.  That was haunting me over Halloween.  For me it's the Doritos in the house.  If I am being good and really thinking about it (I can just eat a half serving with the chili.  But other times I just find myself grazing a bit.  Evil evil things. 

WHAT?!?! Now, what constitutes pajamas?? Because I am one of those yoga pants people some days.... 

yeah, who decides what counts as pajamas anyways?   Do fuzzy slippers count?   

not sure, wouldn't try it though, they hire professional bouncers and people just disappear

The chili turned out great.  I managed to eat an appropriate amount and limited the amount of those evil Doritos.  I had some again on Sunday and had even less chips with it, and yes, ate it with a spoon.  crazy concept, I know.  So another point award.  

Gerrit on a baked sweet potato DE.LISH.OS

*hi-5*

How are things?

Have you been getting crafty?

ummm... no.  I actually completely forgot about that.  Hmmm.   I did make a plan to make a felt Mrs Potato head (2D version) with accessories for my 1 yr old niece.  But I haven't acquired the materials yet.  

• Like 1

not sure, wouldn't try it though, they hire professional bouncers and people just disappear

Gerrit on a baked sweet potato DE.LISH.OS

I'm not terribly fond of sweet potato but putting some chili on it just might change my mind.  

Is today a yoga or YAYOG day for you?

Thanks for keeping tabs on me.  Today was supposed to be a yoga day but since I skipped my workout yesterday I reckon I should do my YAYOG workout.  I did manage a really quick walk over lunch and got 1K in.  I'll get a little more in tonight after YAYOG.  

Today was MUCH better than the previous.....5.  I still am not feeling the best but I did my YAYOG core workout.  And then, thanks to the Ranger mini challenge, did a brisk walk at work over lunch and then another walk this evening.  It's warming up a tiny bit and I found a decently lit neighborhood near my daughter's dance studio.  I felt the best today doing my walk.  The YAYOG upset my headache because it cycled between working and resting.  But the steady pace of walking felt so much better.  I didn't feel as tired either. 

• Like 1

Good job LadyShello! I was just thinking about skipping a walk today but thought I'd check first to see if you ended up hitting the pavement. Now that I see you've done it I'll have to go and get that done before playing some dragon age.

@Sloth-like - some of us are slower learners than others.  As for YAYOG, it has worked out well.  I like that it's all bodyweight exercises so I don't need to have anything or be at a particular place and I like that the progression is built in. 

@LazyDragonAR -  pic is posted!

great work with the yayog, how are you splitting your days up with it now?

It's not working as I had planned yet.  I didn't finish week 10 last week as planned and then I've felt like crap since mid-last week so I fell further behind.  I'm trying to focus now more on a weekly schedule of just doing YAYOG 3 times a week rather than completing a YAYOG week by a particular point.  I think I like the feel of this better.  It's more like the schedule I had on my first challenge.  I don't like all this 'making up' business.  It should come down to making the decision to be active at least a certain number of days a week, not trying to get to a finish line.  I feel less pressured but more accountable at the same time.  

It seems like you've already made a commitment/habit of being active just about every day. And the decision isn't whether to be active, but what you're doing (BW, Yoga, &/or walking).

I think that maybe you need to give yourself permission to change plans as long as you're maintaining the active habit. If you feel pressure to do it, it's unsustainable in the long run.

• Like 1