• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

loire

Skull Crushers - The Crushing Continues!!

SKULLCRUSHERS!!

It's time for our next 6 Week Challenge!  Are you ready?!

tumblr_m9d87ocjca1rv240t.gif

I'm hoping lots of previous Skull Crushers from our last Accountabilibuddies thread will join us to keep the crushing going!  Since we're not Level 1's anymore, and are all going off to new guilds (like going to kindergarten for the first day eeeek scary!), we'll need a home base to keep accountable and challenge ourselves to push harder than ever!

If you're new to the ways of the crushing, welcome!!  Our main goal is to get stronger every day - mind, spirit, and of course body, so we can crush the skulls of any enemies (or JUNK FOOD) that get in our way. ;)

I'm going to do my best to take the reins from Lish and keep the conversation and motivation going, but everyone is always welcome (and encouraged!!) to throw in a mini-challenge or ask everyone how their workouts are going.  We're all in this together, and here for each other!  Remember, if you join, we're going to need you on the front lines of motivation and cheer-squad duty.  Skull Crushers mean business!

tumblr_m88gyaDtgu1rbfp7do1_400.gif

Signup sheet is here - we are under the "cross-guild" tab.  Get your name in there and get ready to crush some skulls!  Once you've signed up post here, and I'll update our member list thusly.

SKULLCRUSHER TEAM, ASSEMBLE

Shaarawy

Amdhiel

BalionIronguard

Brekketechie

Ciara

Sjard

Aeshnidae

bananasheena

SheHulk

KayDubEff

Lilia

MegaShe-Ra

(Edit - Signups CLOSED!  Let's do this thing!!)

• Like 3

Dibs! I think the big thing that messed me up last time was not having a crew to back me up, so let's change that.

WE ARE YOUR CREW!! :D

One of my favorite things from the last challenge was having an accountability group - I was amazed at how much it kept me going when I would have otherwise stopped caring.  It's super integral for me now!

• Like 2

Dibs! I think the big thing that messed me up last time was not having a crew to back me up, so let's change that.

Welcome, we're happy to have you! I'm with Shaarawy that having the Skullcrushers last time around made a huge impact and helped me be more successful. 

• Like 1

I'm new but I think you guys fit right in line with my interests. I'm ready to destroy the skulls of my enemies! (junk food, amotivation, and physical weakness) RAWR!

• Like 3

I'm new but I think you guys fit right in line with my interests. I'm ready to destroy the skulls of my enemies! (junk food, amotivation, and physical weakness) RAWR!

YAY!!! You'll totally fit in :D! We're all about supporting each other and destroying our enemies! Super glad to have you on board.

• Like 3

This ... this is all Skullcrushing material!! Let us all stomp the junk food and etc into oblivion!!
  • Like 3

Okay fellow SkullCrushers, to get conversation going (and to get everyone HYPE about the upcoming 6WC), here's a mini-pre-challenge question!

hmm-interesting-gif.gif

What do you think the hardest part of your challenge will be?

I was thinking about this on my way to work this morning, and I think for me is that it's going to be 5 days of pretty hefty exercising.  3 of lifting, 2 of legs.  This morning I briefly considered dropping my lifting to 2 but .... I don't wanna do that.  It's going to be challenging but hopefully not overwhelming, and I have some wiggle room with my rest day and my yoga/walk day.

I'm gonna do my darnedest to make it work!

What about y'all? :)

• Like 3

I think my biggest on-going challenge is finding/making time for my physical health in the midst of high-stress situations at work. I can go from 0-60 on the craziness scale with 1 phone call. So, how do I create a routine flexible enough that it can shift and still be successful in high stress seasons, but also not be too lax during regular-old-normal stress seasons?

And destroying my stress-eating of junk food. That's going to be a key challenge component. :)

• Like 3

Balancing, hanging and leg flexibility will be a struggle. It's only 5 minutes a day for each but I have a mental barrier around this type of thing. I know I can do x everyday but eventually I miss a day then typically will fall off the wagon completely. I'm really going to have to use the two in a row rule and be very dilligent b/c they are all 6 day a week things.

• Like 3

I think my biggest on-going challenge is finding/making time for my physical health in the midst of high-stress situations at work. I can go from 0-60 on the craziness scale with 1 phone call. So, how do I create a routine flexible enough that it can shift and still be successful in high stress seasons, but also not be too lax during regular-old-normal stress seasons?

And destroying my stress-eating of junk food. That's going to be a key challenge component. :)

Finding the perfect combination of work/fitness flexibility without slacking is probably very tough! :( You don't want to allot yourself too much chill time because you might fall off the wagon, but on the other side if you don't you'll overload yourself and that's just as bad!  One day at a time... :D

Balancing, hanging and leg flexibility will be a struggle. It's only 5 minutes a day for each but I have a mental barrier around this type of thing. I know I can do x everyday but eventually I miss a day then typically will fall off the wagon completely. I'm really going to have to use the two in a row rule and be very dilligent b/c they are all 6 day a week things.

I really really like the "only 2" rule and I have all 6 day a week things too... I'm really going to have to stick to it and suck it up on some of those colder, darker days that I just don't wanna.  As much as I love the holidays I hate this time of year - the weather and lack of daylight really affect me negatively.

• Like 2

ULEegzZ.gif

Hello everybody this is my first challenge in a long time and I would like to join your group for it, if that's okay?

Gonna post my Challenge tomorrow.

I think my biggest problem wil be not dropping out (at my last challenge that happend after one week)

• Like 4

ULEegzZ.gif

Hello everybody this is my first challenge in a long time and I would like to join your group for it, if that's okay?

I think my biggest problem wil be not dropping out (at my last challenge that happend after one week)

OMG that gif.  I have never seen it AND I LOVE IT.

Consider yourself joined, we are happy to have you!  SkullCrushers will definitely keep you motivated through 6 weeks and beyond! :D

• Like 2

This sounds like a mindset thing to me. IMO, no matter how much you love/hate your job it's always your choice about whether to put yourself first. If you decide taking care of yourself is important then see about working with your team to make adjustments so you get the time that you need. It may seem like you are the ONLY person who can deal with something but if that's the case then there maybe a cross-training/delegation issue. I don't know what part of the college/university you work for but it's quite likely the world won't end if you take 20-30 minutes to do your workout, even when it's crazy. The flip side is that taking care of yourself will most likely make you better at getting your job done since it can give you some space to destress and think about things.

I really really like the "only 2" rule and I have all 6 day a week things too... I'm really going to have to stick to it and suck it up on some of those colder, darker days that I just don't wanna.  As much as I love the holidays I hate this time of year - the weather and lack of daylight really affect me negatively.

The winter tends to be bad for me, I'm pretty sure I have SAD on top of everything else >.<. I've already added Vitamin D into my rotation tho which should help some. I just have to remember that the excercise will help too!

Welcome to the SkullCrushers!! Was there a specific reason you dropped out last time? Did you just forget about it, or not have enough encouragement? We're all about working hard to succeed and giving each other support :D.

• Like 2

The hardest thing eh? Hmm... The hardest thing is getting frustrated because I'm impatient. I want to be awesome now and this penny-ante nonsense (which is completely necessary for healthy growth ^_^ ) can get frustrating. The building of inertia and avoiding "well I crapped out today... Might do better tomorrow" instead of "WILL do better tomorrow".

• Like 3

Good evening crushers. Im here but as an official observer this time. Leave in 2 weeks for 3 weeks overseas, plus tore my shoulder so bit limited with what I can do, be a waste of a challenge. But willing you all on. 

To new guys, stick with it, these folks are awesome. 

• Like 3

Wow, miss a couple of days on the Interwebz due to a work conference and suddenly there's a whole new group set up and ready to go! I'm in! The hardest thing for me on the upcoming challenge will be my fear of falling over while upside down (I'm going to try to work in some handstands, which I've never, ever done before). 

yoda.gif

Also dealing with my fibro pain and stiffness, which has been really awful for the past two weeks. I'm hoping that will ease up a bit so that I don't have to alter my workouts. (I've always found that heavy lifting helps my fibro a LOT, but too much cardio makes it worse...and now peer-reviewed studies are showing that too much exercise during a bad flare-up can actually prolong the flare-up. Sigh.)

• Like 3

Okay, I've finally got the main list of AWESOME FOLK updated with current challenge links - if yours isn't up there just drop it here in a comment and I'll update!

IT'S ALMOST CHALLENGE TIME!!!!

• Like 2

Wow, miss a couple of days on the Interwebz due to a work conference and suddenly there's a whole new group set up and ready to go! I'm in! The hardest thing for me on the upcoming challenge will be my fear of falling over while upside down (I'm going to try to work in some handstands, which I've never, ever done before). 

You could always start with me on crow :D. My plan is to start there and then level up when I can hold it for 30 seconds.

• Like 1

Ah! I'm here I promise..totally forgot to follow this thread and the past few days have been just ugh.

The hardest part for me is going to be waking up in the morning and preparing myself to succeed. Sometimes I forget to bring food to school so I just eat out, or I'm in a hurry/too lazy to pack my gym clothes so I don't work out. Sometimes I wake up feeling way too depressed to care about myself and I let the day go by without really doing anything beneficial or productive. I make a lot of excuses as to why it's ok that I'm doing or not doing something, which slows down my progress and makes me frustrated and makes me make more excuses and I never see the end of it. I let stress and sadness take over and I lose control of my own life....it's gonna be hard to take charge for myself.

• Like 1

yoda.gif

Also dealing with my fibro pain and stiffness, which has been really awful for the past two weeks. I'm hoping that will ease up a bit so that I don't have to alter my workouts. (I've always found that heavy lifting helps my fibro a LOT, but too much cardio makes it worse...and now peer-reviewed studies are showing that too much exercise during a bad flare-up can actually prolong the flare-up. Sigh.)

This looks like an amazing challenge!  I'm excited to hear how you progress :D

• Like 2

Ah! I'm here I promise..totally forgot to follow this thread and the past few days have been just ugh.

The hardest part for me is going to be waking up in the morning and preparing myself to succeed. Sometimes I forget to bring food to school so I just eat out, or I'm in a hurry/too lazy to pack my gym clothes so I don't work out. Sometimes I wake up feeling way too depressed to care about myself and I let the day go by without really doing anything beneficial or productive. I make a lot of excuses as to why it's ok that I'm doing or not doing something, which slows down my progress and makes me frustrated and makes me make more excuses and I never see the end of it. I let stress and sadness take over and I lose control of my own life....it's gonna be hard to take charge for myself.

I can totally understand all of your challenges. I switched to prepping most of my food over the weekend to decrease the food related insanity during my weeks.  I'm not much for cooking on a daily basis and such so it's made a big impact in my ability to make good choices.

I'm lucky that I've managed to get my depression mostly under control in the last few months so I haven't been battling with it as much. When I do have issues, I normally go the route of telling myself to shut up because I'm being ridiculious. If I'm having a big downward spiral incident I try to write down what I'm thinking stream on conciousness like. That will generally crush the incident pretty quickly because most of the stuff that comes out is utter trash and seeing it written down jogs the logical/rational side of myself.

It's hard to say what the 'best' way to deal with the mood issue. I know last challenge we all would post if we had a case of the 'mehs' or were feeling down for whatever reason. Then the person who posted would get thrown loads of encouragement and gifs.

• Like 3