• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

Skull Crushers - The Crushing Continues!!

mmmmm Asian food.....avocados.....now I'm rethinking my soup and chicken idea although it's already kinda late on Sunday. dang it guys! haha :)

• Like 3

mmmmm Asian food.....avocados.....now I'm rethinking my soup and chicken idea although it's already kinda late on Sunday. dang it guys! haha :)

Oh, you're in trouble. We talked about food a fair bit last challenge and I'm sure it will be a regular topic again.

• Like 3

My challenge is up!

Also big thanks to everyone who shared meal planning tips. Snacks are not an issue for me while at work because I have no time to snack (and rarely feel the need to snack while at the office, and have totally healthy options for the few times per month that I need a mid-day snack). It's getting enough variety for lunch that's been my biggest challenge, following by overcoming the urge to not cook when I get home. Now that cooler weather is upon us, we've been using the crock pot a LOT, which is great (especially great because The Wife can use the crock pot and has fallen in love with my chicken salsa verde "recipe"). This week I will return to lunchtime salads, because it's been a couple of weeks so I can handle salads again, but I'm going to be rotating through some new salad options, including Greek salads (feta, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, red onion, and spinach with my homemade dressing) and some salads that include stuff like grains (farro and quinoa, in particular) and dried fruit. 

• Like 3

So, after lots of number counting and photoshopping... my challenge is up.

SheHulk

Whelp, tomorrow's the start. I'm flying to the other side of the U.S. on Thursday (for half of my challenge) so things will be interesting to say the least. Oh man, so excited for recipes. I'm not sure how my eating habits will be exactly as I'm used to having full control of my meals. I think there may be a lot of salads in my future if there'll be lots of gluteny foods around. Anyway... GOOD LUCK TOMORROW EVERYONE! SMASH IT!

• Like 4

Brekketechie, will you share your quiche recipe? I love quiche! 

Brekke's Easiest Quiche Ever

(adapted from a South Beach recipe)

Ingredients:

4-6 eggs depending up size/ how much quiche you want/if you're not using yolks/ etc

1 white onion, chopped up like whoa

1 package frozen spinach (roughly 10oz)

1 pack (2 C) shredded cheese - whatever you like (cheddar is my jam)

Spices you like (I like red pepper flakes, cayenne & paprika)

optional: other veggies (or meat), extra cheese to sprinkle on top

Directions

Turn your oven on to 400F to pre-heat.

Chop up your onion & toss it in a hot pan to simmer. Once translucent add in your frozen spinach. Let that do it's thing for a wee bit. If you're adding other veg/meat, add it in once the spinach has thawed & is cooking. You might have to drain off a tad bit of the water - just test & see.

Mix up your eggs & shredded cheese in a pretty big bowl. Add spices you like.

Once your spinach & onion is cooked through, add it into your egg & cheese bowl.

Stir that bad boy!

Add more spices if you want to. However you like it - you do you.

Pour into a pie pan or casserole dish.

Bake for about 30-40 minutes depending on how deep your dish is. I always check at 20 and go from there. You want the top a light brown and the center firm.

Eat the sh*+ out of this quiche (I add tobacco sauce)!

Feel like a boss with all that protein and no crust! BAM!

This is super easy to adapt - you just need the egg-cheese combo to hold everything together. I've added mushrooms, zucchini, and potato. Lots of options for making this your own jam. You could probably make mini quiches too, but I've never tried it.

And it's like $8 to make and keeps for a week. It's also a pretty savvy dish to bring to pot-lucks & makes you look like a Real Adult Who Cooks Things. 

Enjoy :D

• Like 6

Question: if I replace the bodyweight squats in Beginner Bodyweight Workout with barbell squats but keep everything else untouched, is it just a modified BBWW? (+ is it a bad idea to do so?) 

Hi all! Happy day one!  

After a failed first challenge (Whooooooops....), I'm back and ready to tackle this! More importantly, I'm ready to do that with my fellow Skull Crushers! Y'all were what kept me going as long as I did last time! 

I know my faltering point last time was failing to plan...I didn't have a very good method set up for myself. This time I've set more reasonable goals, as well as some much needed structure.  So far, about 1 hr into my day, I'm doing well :-D

Anywho, happy to be back and supporting you all. Yer da best. Thanks for having me back <3

• Like 4

I don't think it's a bad idea, actually it's a good idea if you plan to become stronger. What does BBWW mean?

BBWW is the beginner body weight workout

Question: if I replace the bodyweight squats in Beginner Bodyweight Workout with barbell squats but keep everything else untouched, is it just a modified BBWW? (+ is it a bad idea to do so?) 

If you're looking for ways to keep your training bodyweight base you can increase the difficulty of squats. Here's a suggestion progression from start bodyweight.

• Like 1

If you're looking for ways to keep your training bodyweight base you can increase the difficulty of squats. Here's a suggestion progression from start bodyweight.

Thanks! I'm currently doing full-range-of-motion squats (deep squats), so I guess I'll move up from there. :D

• Like 1

Happy Day 1 Skullcrushers!!!

tumblr_maplzllU4m1rds3coo2_500.gif

So tell us - how much did you kick ass today?! :D  We simply must know!

Today was lifting day for me - I had planned on only doing two sets to start out, but I totally rocked out three!  Shoulder presses are getting easier for me, and I was kind of surprised to see how deep I could get into a tricep dip.  I hate dips but these really made me feel strong and let me know that yes, all the exercise I'm doing is actually working.  Victory!!

• Like 5

Well it's only 1:15 in the afternoon here so I still have a while to go before I can say I'm done. But I've been doing great so far! Got my cardio in early before breakfast (but after a test which I ACED! Grades are up already, got a 90, whattaboss) and have been sticking solidly to my meal plan. Almost bought a caramel latte but remembered nope, it's day one, you know better, so I made unsweetened peppermint tea at home instead. Very success.

I have a question. I'm going about 2 hours west tonight to visit my friend's horse (yes she has a horse and I am insanely jealous). I'm supposed to eat salmon and steamed veggies for dinner tonight...but I will be leaving right around dinner time and won't get back till late. Would it be rude to pack dinner with me and eat it on the train/in her car? Should I wait to eat till I get home? I'm conflicted...I don't want to make her car smell like salmon. But I also don't want to be hungry enough to give in to buying food on the way home if that ends up happening...aghh.

• Like 2

Well it's only 1:15 in the afternoon here so I still have a while to go before I can say I'm done. But I've been doing great so far! Got my cardio in early before breakfast (but after a test which I ACED! Grades are up already, got a 90, whattaboss) and have been sticking solidly to my meal plan. Almost bought a caramel latte but remembered nope, it's day one, you know better, so I made unsweetened peppermint tea at home instead. Very success.

I have a question. I'm going about 2 hours west tonight to visit my friend's horse (yes she has a horse and I am insanely jealous). I'm supposed to eat salmon and steamed veggies for dinner tonight...but I will be leaving right around dinner time and won't get back till late. Would it be rude to pack dinner with me and eat it on the train/in her car? Should I wait to eat till I get home? I'm conflicted...I don't want to make her car smell like salmon. But I also don't want to be hungry enough to give in to buying food on the way home if that ends up happening...aghh.

Yay aced test! Go team!

As far as dinner - I know that I get HANGRY and will eat ALL THE THINGS if I get to the tipping point. I'd ask & see if she'd mind letting you eat in her car. Is there a non-fish option you can sub? Or can you eat half your dinner early and have the rest when you get back?

• Like 2

Yay aced test! Go team!

As far as dinner - I know that I get HANGRY and will eat ALL THE THINGS if I get to the tipping point. I'd ask & see if she'd mind letting you eat in her car. Is there a non-fish option you can sub? Or can you eat half your dinner early and have the rest when you get back?

I like this - maybe ask beforehand if you have the chance to make sure she's cool with it.  Or yeah, just scarf the fishy parts and bring along the veggies for the ride?  I too know the hold of the HANGRY... oh man.  No bueno.

• Like 2

Today was lifting day for me - I had planned on only doing two sets to start out, but I totally rocked out three!  Shoulder presses are getting easier for me, and I was kind of surprised to see how deep I could get into a tricep dip.  I hate dips but these really made me feel strong and let me know that yes, all the exercise I'm doing is actually working.  Victory!!

So far so good, but the day isn't over yet.

I OWNED my morning workout (Level 1 body weight from NFA). I even added 10 squat thrusts just to feel like a BAMF. I mean, who is this girl and where did the old Brekke go? :D

Now to make good food choices throughout the day (they have mini cinnabuns in the office. WHY).

• Like 4

Huh... this is the second time I've heard the phrase hangry... I like it!

The day's not over yet for me, but I got in my 1 of 3 Run Days for the week, and I've got a flexibility routine I'm adding (something about getting older and my joints squeal like the Tin Man ;) Still well on schedule though!

• Like 2

Would it be rude to pack dinner with me and eat it on the train/in her car? Should I wait to eat till I get home? I'm conflicted...I don't want to make her car smell like salmon. But I also don't want to be hungry enough to give in to buying food on the way home if that ends up happening...aghh.

Just open a window while eating it or eat it before you get into her car maybe make a bit more so you can share it with her.

Congrats on the test and beatting the carmel latte temptation!!

Another option would to bring it w/ and eat at the barn. If the barn is anything like the one I went to in Portland, no one will care if you eat there except maybe the horses. And the horses will just want their fair share ;). The barn in Portland used to have potlucks and such on site and there was a picnic table out front.

• Like 1

Yikes, I almost missed the start of the challenge! Thankfully I checked the forum in the morning and now my challenge is up :) My biggest mistake in the last challenge was to not have a crew to back me up - now it's time to change that. It's time to do some crushin'! 

The most difficult part of this challenge will be to crush the desire to eat sugar, sweets and chocolate. Still, the first day has been successful! One day at a time :)

• Like 2

Day 1 has been crushed! I did my heavy lifting (at home, yay!), some ab work, and a little bit of cardio. I tracked all the things, per my challenge. And I did a partial wall handstand! I also made a farro and roasted winter veggie salad with honey shallot vinaigrette to take to work. I'll mix it with greens and a protein and that should be a nice work lunch for the week.

• Like 5

Day 1 crushed! Managed to do something working towards all four of my goals. :D I'm particularly happy about choosing sushi when I needed food - I was with a group of friends and we'd just finished watching a movie, and that usually ends up in chips and popcorn and fries and everything significantly unhealthy D:

• Like 2

All my things will be done, just need to finish up my flexibility and balance stuff. I hammered out my YAYOG for the day and did 250 knee highs during rests for the assassin mini.

Awesome first day Skull Crushers!!

200_s.gif

• Like 3