Just popping in to say I'm doing well. I'm having some computer troubles but I should be in for an update tomorrow! I hit everything yesterday so I'm off to a good start :)

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

I hope your computer troubles get resolved quickly and glad you're not letting it keep you from following through!

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Just popping in to say I'm doing well. I'm having some computer troubles but I should be in for an update tomorrow! I hit everything yesterday so I'm off to a good start :)

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

:(  computer troubles

:) good start

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Ooh, duolingo. I really need to start doing that again. I got bored since the first few levels of Spanish were so easy. 

Good luck with your challenge and that foam rolling. That can be super painful. Which is why I avoid it. >.>

Yeah the beginning is pretty easy, especially if you've taken that language before (as I have) but you can "test out" of different levels.  And it does get harder as it goes on, obviously.  It's starting to get into tenses and stuff now which is where I struggled in school so it's pretty cool.

• Like 1

So the boyfriend threw me a surprise birthday party over the weekend, and my whole birthday pizza thing kind of spilled over into the rest of the weekend, and I really didn't eat well or do much of anything aside from eat, drink and be merry.  But Monday I got myself together and challenged it up. I ate leftover lasagna my mom brought to the party from the weekend because I didn't want it to go to waste, but I ate in self controlled portions. Dinner was leftover soup from last week, which is definitely healthy. I also worked out etc etc.  Same with yesterday. 

I definitely did not get a proper amount of sleep last night, though. I stayed up late talking to my sister about some family stuffs. Aside from that I'm doing well.  I haven't actually done the right Headspace meditations I was planning on doing and have only done the "quick" one off ones.  I've had some trouble finding time for doing the full sessions, but at least I'm fitting it in. I also had to clean up after the party, which was quite a mess and lasted a few days worth of cleaning so that covers that haha.

This is probably my last update until next Tuesday or Wednesday as I am leaving for the Carribbean super early tomorrow morning to go visit my friend!  I'm so excited.  It's going to be really difficult keeping up with all my stuff especially without access to NF, though maybe I'll be able to pop in on WiFi at some point.  I think I can do this though.

Yay vacation!

tumblr_lqrez1xQvX1qe74d9o1_500.gif

(had to do it)

I'll come in to check up on everyone elses threads in a bit :D

• Like 6

OMG that gif. AHAHAHA!!

Brithdays are meant to be celebrated!  Aaaand now that it's over you can get back on the good eating train.  Win/win! ;)

I AM SO JEALOUS OF YOUR TRIP AAAHHH it sounds like it is going to be amazing!!  Have a fantastic time and we'll be here when ya get back!

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

Have fuuuun in the Caribbean! :D

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Yeah the beginning is pretty easy, especially if you've taken that language before (as I have) but you can "test out" of different levels.  And it does get harder as it goes on, obviously.  It's starting to get into tenses and stuff now which is where I struggled in school so it's pretty cool.

I have crap discipline with languages. I pick them up pretty quick, but I just don't apply myself. This may need to be a new life quest for the next challenge...

So the boyfriend threw me a surprise birthday party over the weekend, and my whole birthday pizza thing kind of spilled over into the rest of the weekend, and I really didn't eat well or do much of anything aside from eat, drink and be merry.  But Monday I got myself together and challenged it up. I ate leftover lasagna my mom brought to the party from the weekend because I didn't want it to go to waste, but I ate in self controlled portions. Dinner was leftover soup from last week, which is definitely healthy. I also worked out etc etc.  Same with yesterday. 

I definitely did not get a proper amount of sleep last night, though. I stayed up late talking to my sister about some family stuffs. Aside from that I'm doing well.  I haven't actually done the right Headspace meditations I was planning on doing and have only done the "quick" one off ones.  I've had some trouble finding time for doing the full sessions, but at least I'm fitting it in. I also had to clean up after the party, which was quite a mess and lasted a few days worth of cleaning so that covers that haha.

This is probably my last update until next Tuesday or Wednesday as I am leaving for the Carribbean super early tomorrow morning to go visit my friend!  I'm so excited.  It's going to be really difficult keeping up with all my stuff especially without access to NF, though maybe I'll be able to pop in on WiFi at some point.  I think I can do this though.

Yay vacation!

tumblr_lqrez1xQvX1qe74d9o1_500.gif

(had to do it)

I'll come in to check up on everyone elses threads in a bit :D

Good luck and have a blast in the Caribbean! Totally jealous. :D

• Like 1

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚

I sorta wish we could like, prank her thread while she's gone.    Given the business I work for, this is an old standby...

cubicle_joke.jpg

But it just doesn't work on an internet thread.

• Like 6

Level 78 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

Thank you everyone for the well wishes for my vacation and the birthday wishes!! You all are wonderful :D

So jealous of your Caribbean trip! It's just getting cold here now! :(

It was suchhhh a shock coming back from 87 F weather to getting off the plane here to 27 freakin' degrees!!! Ahhhh :(

/sneaks in while Raxie is away in the Carribean

Totally saw you :D Thanks for coming.

I sorta wish we could like, prank her thread while she's gone.    Given the business I work for, this is an old standby...

cubicle_joke.jpg

But it just doesn't work on an internet thread.

Bahaha. This is great.

• Like 1

Welcome back.

Frost Giants Heavy Support

We missed you.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

YAY YAY welcome back!! :D

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 56 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

So my trip was wonderful! I can't believe how much I squeezed into 4 days.  I didn't actually work out but I was soooo active.  Travel days I didn't really do anything since I had like 12 hour trips.  Long layovers, yes, but I couldn't really leave the airport or anything.  I ended up taking the stairs and walking wherever there were elevators or those moving walkway things and took some walks around airports.  I also got up and stretched during the flights.  I'll consider this as counting for my movement for the day since it was all that was really available to me. I did meditate most days, not from Headspace because I didn't have 20 minutes to spare, but I sat down and relaxed and was mindful.  Sunday I counted my mindfulness during my hike and at the waterfall as my meditation. 

Friday I went for a few laps in the pool in the morning:

10404190_729999473518_780342327463051842

And went to a black sand beach for the afternoon and then played beach volleyball at night

10612703_730126019918_869720913382362809

Saturday we went to a different white sand beach all morning, went to a look out point where you could see down most of the island, and followed up with some laps at the pool.

From the lookout point, Atlantic on the left, Carribbean on the right:

10500458_730126958038_790672637457282782

Sunday we went snorkling at 2 different beaches.  We saw an eagle ray and sea urchins and cuttlefish, rainbow fish and zebra fish.  So cool!  The beach bar was also feeding the local wild monkeys when we were leaving so I got to get up close and personal with some wild green vervet monkeys :)

10402775_730241234028_362132580206043100

Then after a few laps in the pool to cool off, we went on an awesome rainforest waterfall hike!  It was about 3 hours, with 1,339 elevation gain over 3 miles. I was pretty embarassed about my performance on this hike, since I had been talking about how excited I was to go and how much hiking I'd been doing, and how I summitted Ben Nevis recently.  But doing this "quick and easy" hike in any other area of the world I'm used to turned into one of the most intense hikes I've ever done in the near 90 degree humid weather, 1 mile of which was in direct sunlight. Ahhh.  I made it though.  And it was so worth it. I was also so mindful during the hike, noticing every leaf and tree and focusing on how the soild felt under my feet, etc.  It really helped get me through it and basically felt like meditation.

934861_730399207448_4241107809586282461_

10440815_730399292278_145113786297625340

Monday we went to Romney Manor, which is a really cool place with botanical gardens and history and also where locals make this Batik art on cotton with wax and dye, and turn it into clothes, hanging art, bags, etc.  We also hit up Brimstone Hill Fort, which is the only European fort in the Carribbean.  It was built by the English to deter the French from getting up in their sugar and tobacco land.  That was a bit of a walk up and down and around everywhere so between that and more pool laps in the evening, my movement for the day was covered.

1940008_730442425838_696469740235770712_

The old sugar processing mill/factory chimeny ruins sticking up from the rainforest as seen from the viewing platform at Romney Manor.

10730882_730442395898_607292650312846182

The gardens at the manor.

10410454_730442341008_333678658171131196

A crazy fig tree.

Tuesday was another travel day.  So didn't get much excitement in.

And that was my trip!  I ate really well the whole time, and didn't even really drink much.  The only day I'm not giving myself the point for eating consciously is Monday.  It was my last day and we went to a Mexican restaurant and I definitely overate, and not because I deemed it OK I just kind of ate without thinking and pressured myself into "finishing my last meal" sort of thing. I helped clean my friend's apartment where I was staying every day, so there's my cleaning.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone! I missed you all toooo :) Completely serious, when I was doing that hike part of me was like "I can do this, and I can't wait to report to NF how much I rocked this hike out!".  Hehe.

I forgot to mention I did Duolingo and Lumosity every single day I was gone! I couldn't believe it, but I did.  It was obviously easy to do on my travel days, but other days I just threw in a quick practice session on Duolingo (didn't learn anything new, just strengthened previous skills) and did the quick phone Lumosity games every night laying in bed before sleep. So I ended up doing this more times than I needed last week.  I did not, however, get my second foam rolling session in. Definitely not upset about it though.

Side note, I'm counting this vacation as pampering for a bonus point. Because there was lots of laying in the sun and floating in the pool, and honestly my vacations are usually not this relaxing so this particular vacation counts... I probably wouldn't count my past recent-ish vacations as pampering (Scotland & Florida) as they were soooo busy and hectic. I feel so rejuvinated!

So totals from last week:

Move. 7/7

Meditate. 7/7

Eat. 7/7
Clean. 7/7

Sleep. 4/5 -1 point

Foam Roll. 1/2 -1 point

Duolingo. 4/4

Lumosity. 4/4

Bonus. +1 point

Total Points: 199

• Like 4