• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I would keep my eye out in any case -- some DMS like to apply templates to their monsters, and a frost stirge would be especially difficult unless you have fire magic at your fingertips.

Or a flaming arrow.

I'm a wizard and gave up evocation soooooo I'll just have to rely on my buddies for most of that sort of stuff :D Haha

• Like 1

Bad news: My eating has been... not so great. And not even on purpose not great.  Just, oh food look at that lemme eat you for no reason not great. 

You're doing really well sticking with it! I feel for you on the eating challenges, I'm thinking it may have been a mistake for me to not have it as one of my challenge quests again >.<. I know that we can both get back on track :D.

YAY CAMP!!!! Omg.  I would love to meet you for real!   :)

I find it's hard to stay on top of eating if you aren't home.  I've been lucky in that my bf has been gone a lot, so I don't go out much lately!  Have fun camping! :)

You too!!! I hope there are enough spots left by then.

This week must have been the FOOD DEMON week.  Every thread I pop in on, people struggled with the foods.    Me?  I ate an entire chocolate orange ball in one sitting.  Yup.  15 minutes - 960 calories of chocolate.  BOOM!  Gone.

But outside of the food, you're still ACING EVERYTHING girl!

Look at the positives, use them to motivate you on the harder parts.

Ugh seriously, what is with that? It must be the pre-holiday food monsters coming a bit early this year.  Also ummm... chocolate oranges are the freakin' best.

Thanks! You're right. I shouldn't  get too annoyed at myself, that's the whole point of my holiday calm :)

You're doing really well sticking with it! I feel for you on the eating challenges, I'm thinking it may have been a mistake for me to not have it as one of my challenge quests again >.<. I know that we can both get back on track :D.

It definitely helps having it in the challenge! If I didn't, that 3/7 days may have been closer to 1/7 hahah

Ooh chocolate oranges. I don't think I've had one of them since I lived in England.

You're doing great!

My mom puts one in my stocking every year :) It's my favorite tradition. Hahah.

Yesterday went pretty well. I Lumosity'd and Duolingo'd. I foam rolled as my movement, did some laudnry, and made home made pasta sauce for the first time in my life and totally did it without a recipe or even looking at one for proportion estimates.  It turned out pretty bangin'.  The italian blood apparently runs strong in me hahaha. Meditated as well. Woot!

I've been really tired lately and commenting on someone else's thread about extra iron helping me with energy I decided to revisit my iron intake.  Apparently the new vitimins I bought don't have iron in them?! What?! Sooooo I think I've found my problem.  I just got some standalone iron supplaments to take with my regular multivitimin so I should hopefully start feeling a little less crappy and be able to feel up to doing my 30 day challenges again soon.

• Like 2

I noticed when I buy my women's vitamins some of them have two options - with iron, and without iron.  I never really paid attention before but since the ones I get are iron-free I have to get a supplement.  I never knew that was a thing either!

My mom puts one in my stocking every year :) It's my favorite tradition. Hahah.

My mom does too! My favorite Christmas memories are almost all eating chocolate oranges with my brother while we played our new video games. :3

Ugh. Straight up iron supplements are nasty to start. Let's just say your digestive system needs time to adjust. Take care!

I've taken them before on their own before starting to take multivitamins, I don't really have an adverse reaction to them so long as I take them mid-meal. I think my body was just totally depleted as I have been taking multis with iron and have been on these new ones for a few weeks now.

Thanks!

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

I noticed when I buy my women's vitamins some of them have two options - with iron, and without iron.  I never really paid attention before but since the ones I get are iron-free I have to get a supplement.  I never knew that was a thing either!

Hmmm this one just mysteriously doesn't have iron in the nutrition label.  I got them because I read that they were more easily digestible, but I wonder if that's actually why hahah.

My mom does too! My favorite Christmas memories are almost all eating chocolate oranges with my brother while we played our new video games. :3

Love it.  Seriously I think I look forward to that more than any present ever each year.

Have a great time camping!

I don't know if you are vegetarian, but I learned something interesting recently about iron (from sites like WebMD). It's easier to absorb heme-based iron (from meat) than non-heme (from spinach and other vegetables). Also, oysters, mussels and clams have REALLY high iron. More than steak, as much as liver. I don't like liver, but I live on a coast, so it's totally easy to steam some clams or mussels every week or two.

Have a great time camping!

I don't know if you are vegetarian, but I learned something interesting recently about iron (from sites like WebMD). It's easier to absorb heme-based iron (from meat) than non-heme (from spinach and other vegetables). Also, oysters, mussels and clams have REALLY high iron. More than steak, as much as liver. I don't like liver, but I live on a coast, so it's totally easy to steam some clams or mussels every week or two.

Thanks! I'm actually a pescetarian so that kinda works out for me haha. I'll have to look into some good clam recipes :)

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

• Like 1

You're doing superb :)  This setup really works well for you.

I find it awesome you put priority (ie find the time) to go visit the newbies and encourage them (I also appreciate it when you do so for me too!).  Soooo really just reiterating what others have said :)  I personally find it hard just to keep up with the few threads I already follow, so that you're able to do that is super awesome to me (Super Raxie maybe?).

I hope you have fun camping and fingers crossed on the Camp NF spot for you :D

You're doing superb :) This setup really works well for you.

I find it awesome you put priority (ie find the time) to go visit the newbies and encourage them (I also appreciate it when you do so for me too!). Soooo really just reiterating what others have said :) I personally find it hard just to keep up with the few threads I already follow, so that you're able to do that is super awesome to me (Super Raxie maybe?).

I hope you have fun camping and fingers crossed on the Camp NF spot for you :D

Thanks :) I think I'm thinking I'm about ready to switch it up next challenge though.  Hopefully once this every day thing is set in stone from 2 mostly successful challenges I can build on that a bit.

It's because of my job mostly.  I work through lunch at my desk in case there are any metaphorical fires to be put out, but usually there isn't... so I just browse NF.

Thanks!! There's only 9 spots left right now so I'm not sure I'm going to make it, I doubt those'll last til next week.  Maybeee I can try to rearrange some budgetyness today and maybe get it done today instead.  We shall see.

You're doing an awesome job! :D Hope you had a great time camping!

Thanks!

• Like 1

So I ended up not going camping :( I somehow woke up Thursday with horrific back pains, plus it snowed like crazy (close to 9 inches) where we were supposed to go.  Backpacking plus back pain, plus so much snow to trudge uphill through for a few miles = just no.  Because I was in so much pain plus it being Thanksgiving, plus me not being mentally prepared to fight off the food monsters all weekend since I had though I would be camping, I ate like crap.  Again :(  I think I might have to go back to counting calories for a few weeks to get back on the wagon of portion control.  My back feels a lot better today (yay Aleve!) but my tummy is not happy with me.  I had really good quality time with  my sister and other family members though, so all is not lost.

There was also no movement from me on Friday.  I got a little tipsy on Thanksgiving and between the hangover and my back I literally laid in bed all day and watched Supernatural.  I feel kinda gross about it.  -sigh- Oh well it is what it is.  Today I am back on the horse and will eat as good of food as I can and go grocery shopping tonight and make a meal plan (which I actually haven't done in about 2 weeks and SHOCKER that's how many weeks its been since I've eaten well...) 

Onward!

OB4hofO.gif

• Like 3

Halfway through this challenge! Can't believe it's the last one of 2014! I've gotta step it up for these last 3 weeks and end this year on a high note...

Week 3

Move. 5/7 -2 points

Meditate. 5/5

Eat. 3/7 -4 points
Sleep. 5/5

Clean. 5/5

Foam Roll. 4/2

Duolingo. 4/4

Lumosity. 4/4

Bonus. +2 points (snakes & face mask/bath time)

Total Points: 193

• Like 3

Why are the holidays so tough?!  Ugh!!  Part of me thinks it's because all our lives we've been just used to stuffing ourselves and overindulging... and now that we try to back off and food/drink are EVERYWHERE, it's just such a hard habit to break out of.  Especially when others are foisting it on you.  (Is foist a word or did I just make it up?  Lemme check... yup, it's a word.  Ha!)

I'm with you on being shocked we are 3 weeks in already!!  ACK?!?!?!  Time to step it up!! ;)

• Like 1

Hang in there chica.    This is always an extra hard time to battle the curveballs.    You didn't drop out though, you're still watching for the next pitch and ready to hit it out of the park!

And thanks for reminding me this is the last challenge of the year, holy smokes.   Time to get my game face on!

agreeing-eating-Misha-Collins-Castiel-Su

Why are the holidays so tough?!  Ugh!!  Part of me thinks it's because all our lives we've been just used to stuffing ourselves and overindulging... and now that we try to back off and food/drink are EVERYWHERE, it's just such a hard habit to break out of.  Especially when others are foisting it on you.  (Is foist a word or did I just make it up?  Lemme check... yup, it's a word.  Ha!)

I'm with you on being shocked we are 3 weeks in already!!  ACK?!?!?!  Time to step it up!! ;)

Hang in there chica.    This is always an extra hard time to battle the curveballs.    You didn't drop out though, you're still watching for the next pitch and ready to hit it out of the park!

And thanks for reminding me this is the last challenge of the year, holy smokes.   Time to get my game face on!

agreeing-eating-Misha-Collins-Castiel-Su

Thanks guys.  I feel a little crappy today due to my tummy being upset from over eating and risidual back twinges, but mentally I feel good.  I know I can get back on track and don't feel like I totally fell off the wagon.

I decided I am batch cooking seafood stuffed fish with a side of asparagus tonight and also some breakfast burritos for the freezer.  Hopefully it all turns out as good as I imagine it tasting.

giphy.gif

PS I now must use foist in a sentance at some point today.

• Like 3

Thanks guys.  I feel a little crappy today due to my tummy being upset from over eating and risidual back twinges, but mentally I feel good.  I know I can get back on track and don't feel like I totally fell off the wagon.

Sounds like you just need a bit more rest and will be all set for a great week! I think you are definitely still on the wagon

KittenWagonLarge.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that you're not feeling well.  Half way through is a great time to get back on top of things, I know I need it toO!! 

PS I LOVE Ratatoulle! 

Pixar pretty much has never disappointed me.

giphy.gif

Plus side. A full belly and lots of snow can mean easy travel.

Lolllll.  That's great.  I need to try this after my grandma's famous Christmas Eve dinner... pending snow.

Did your food turn out as good as you imagined it tasting? :D

And hey, holidays are what they are. We make them the best we can and have a good time while doing it. 

I would totally penguin belly push around in the snow.