Amdhiel's perpetual quest to become BAMF - V 2.0 May the force be with you

Amdhiel

INTRODUCTION:

Oh look, it's my first challenge as an assassin :). YAY me!! In my last challenge, I focused on building some healthy habits around eating well, building strength and improving flexibility.  I want to build on the flexibility work so I will be continuing that and starting balancing training by way of crow pose.

MAIN QUEST:

Decrease body fat to 20-24% and learn to use my body effectively by improving strength, flexibility and whatever else I find lacking. Really its all about building solid habits while having fun :D.

QUEST 1:  DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY. (DEX & WIS & STA)

WOpf0Sf.gif

I want to improve my balance and eventually work up to handstands.  I need to start with somewhere. Practice crow pose 5 minutes a day 6 days a week.

• A - 6 days complete, B - 5 days, C - 4 days

QUEST 2: TRAIN YOURSELF TO LET GO (DEX & STA)

tumblr_md2r0gYxMJ1qbymseo1_500.gif

Flexibility and mobility require letting go. Complete 5 minutes each of static hangs and lower body stretching 6 days a week.

• A - 6 days complete, B - 5 days, C - 4 days

QUEST 3: FEEL THE FORCE (STR & STA)

the4se.gif

I want to be strong and able to easily move my body. Continue strength training with YAYOG 4-5 days a week depending on where I'm at in the program.

• Weekly pass/fail

LIFE QUEST: ALWAYS IN MOTION THE FUTURE IS (CHA & WIS)

37354269.jpg

My current job is as a contractor and the contract ends in March. There is potential for the job to turn into a permanent position but I won't know until early next year. I need to be prepared to make the right choice of either staying with the job or finding something new. I need to review my finances so I know what type of offer I can accept. Work weekly to improve my understanding of what I enjoy doing with an eyes towards making money.

• Money - pass/fail
  • Passion - A - 6 weeks, B - 5 weeks, C - 4 weeks

REWARDS: TBD

BEFORE PICS:

2014 11 10 Side

2014 11 10 Front

BEFORE MEASUREMENTS:

• Weight - 174.8
  • Waist - 30.75
  • Belly - 33.0
  • Hips - 40.0
  • Like 8

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

WEEK 1 WRAP UP

• 6 days completed, managed a few solid balances almost everyday

• 7 days completed
  • Hanging is going well currently doing 15s at a time w/ 20s rest with some light assistance. I think I'll decrease the rest to 15s this week.
  • Stretching is having an impact. I'm starting to see greater ROM and am kinda getting close to palming the floor in a forward bend. Ended up putting a flow together that I'm using to prep for Quest 1.

• 5 YAYOG workouts completed and completed the 10 week program
  • 3 walk/runs completed with Zombie Run 5k trainer

LIFE QUEST: ALWAYS IN MOTION THE FUTURE IS (CHA & WIS)

• Completed initial review of my finances
  • Did research on things to think about for job ideas. I have some questions that I'm mulling over.

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

WEEK 2 WRAP UP

• Not as good as week 1 but not horrible either. This week I'll restart YAYOG and get 2-3 run/walks done.  

• 5 days completed, managed a few solid balances almost everyday

• 7 days completed

• 1 basic strength workout (squats, assisted pull-ups and push-ups)
  • 1 walk/runs completed with Zombie Run 5k trainer

LIFE QUEST: ALWAYS IN MOTION THE FUTURE IS (CHA & WIS)

• Lots of good discussion in my thread, got me thinking hard about how to prioritize things.
  • Decided first step needed to move in the direction I want is to pay off all my debt since. Based on review of my budget and spending habits my goal is to pay off all credit card debt and loans in the next 24 months or less.
  • Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

WEEK 3 WRAP UP

• Made good progress this week, didn't do much strength training but got some runs in to compensate. Made big improvements in my balance time in crow also seeing some flexibility improvements.

• 7 days completed, when things are going well I can balance for about 20 seconds. Also managed to knee myself in the elbow one day which was pretty funny.

• 6 days completed, tried some hangs with an underhand grip and discovered that my right shoulder does not like moving that way. Will need to work on underhand grip more using very short hangs.

• 1 basic strength workout (squats, assisted pull-ups and push-ups)
  • 1 pull workout using machines in apt gym
  • 2 walk/runs completed with Zombie Run 5k trainer
  • 1 speed walk at about 4 mph.... have no reason to doubt my ability to run slow for extended periods anymore

• I'm not sure... I didn't make a concerted effort but I've been thinking about stuff in the background. I know I looked at some classes on one of the online learning sites and I also did more thinking about $$. I'll call it a win this week. 

PICS: WEEK1, WEEK 3

sml_gallery_31785_1379_26354.jpg 

2014 11 30 Side

sml_gallery_31785_1379_13810.jpg 

2014 11 30 Front

MEASUREMENTS:

• Weight - 174.8, 172.4 (-2.4)
  • Waist - 30.75, 30.0 (-0.75)
  • Belly - 33.0, 33.0 (--)
  • Hips - 40.0, 39.0 (-1.0)

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

WEEK 4 WRAP UP

• Rough week from an exercise, stretching and balancing angle but made positive step forward from a Life Quest angle.

• 3 days completed (F) managed some balances but I let life get in the way

• 4 days completed ©

• 2 Zombie 5k Runs

• Talked to someone at a company I'm interested in possibly working for, need to update my resume write a cover letter and send it to them
  • Had successful and positive interactions with multiple people

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

WEEK 5 WRAP UP

• Not a perfect week but managed pretty well. I think I maybe somewhat burned out from a social interaction perspective. I still haven't quite figured what's going on out yet but I'm still kicking butt and taking names. I just feel lame for not being on the boards as much.

QUEST 1: DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY. (DEX & WIS & STA)

• 4 days completed © ... I really need to get back on this. I'm still managing 10 second + balances but it's harder than it was in week 3 since I've been slacking.

• 7 days completed

• 4, 2 - Zombie 5k Runs and 2 Strength sessions (Yesterday while I was running on the treadmill I was admiring my shoulders of all things >.<).

LIFE QUEST: ALWAYS IN MOTION THE FUTURE IS (CHA & WIS)

• Nothing this week but I will work on my resume this week

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

YAY YAY subbed fellow Skullcrusher! :D  Can't wait to see your foray into Assassin-icity!  (Don't think that's a word, but that's ok)

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Subbed because Yoda. Oh, and crow pose! I'm super impressed you can even do that. :P I've face-planted multiple times. My upper body strength just isn't there. xD

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

I always love seeing people working on their hand balancing and crow pose!  

Thanks Nymeria! I took a gander at your video, some good pointers. :D

YAY YAY subbed fellow Skullcrusher! :D  Can't wait to see your foray into Assassin-icity!  (Don't think that's a word, but that's ok)

YAY!! Assassins are all about making up their own words so it's all good!

Subbed because Yoda. Oh, and crow pose! I'm super impressed you can even do that. :tongue: I've face-planted multiple times. My upper body strength just isn't there. xD

I wasn't intending to throw all the yoda, but it called to me :D. I totally CAN'T do crow pose which is why it's in my challenge :D! I figured it was a place to start but I don't even know if my upper body strength is there yet. I'll figure it out as I go along.

• Like 5

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Solid habits while having fun...Jedi Master Yoda would approve!

Looking forward to seeing you progress as an assassin. I'll be working some assassin moves this challenge, too, though I'm staying a ranger.

• Like 1

All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity:

but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

~T. E. Lawrence

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands,

flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty. 
~John Muir

Solid habits while having fun...Jedi Master Yoda would approve

Looking forward to seeing you progress as an assassin. I'll be working some assassin moves this challenge, too, though I'm staying a ranger.

YAY for fun! It's what this whole thing is around :D. I'm excited to see you're assassiny progress and cheer you on your way.

wp317.gif

• Like 1

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Another stalker reporting in. . .

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Welcome to the Assassins!!  I can't wait to find out what we're working on this challenge!.

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

A crow pose goal love it!

I just hope the goal loves me ;)

Welcome to the Assassins!!  I can't wait to find out what we're working on this challenge!.

Making it successfully through candy land while not breaking my face or other parts? ;):P

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

Making it successfully through candy land while not breaking my face or other parts? ;):tongue:

YISSSSS are you doing Candy Land too?!  SO EXCITED :D :D

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru