stillskies' journey to be the keyblade master

Thanks. That's just what I needed. :|

Thought it might have been.

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

Nice to have you here!

I hope you'll stick to all your goals and not make this just another flashy post. You put a lot of thought and work in this thread, now put your muscles to use and make yourself a hero your kingdom needs!

Edoxil the Protector

Level 3 Warrior

STR 7 || DEX 0 || STA 3 || CON 5 || WIS 5 || CHA 0

I just started playing Dream Drop Distance.  It's supposed to segue right into KH3, and I can't freaking wait. :D

I remember sticking through playing KH even when my brother was complaining that "girly Disney didn't belong in Final Fantasy" and "omg gay hearts and friendship" all he did was miss out on one of the best real-time RPGs Square-Enix has ever done.

I'm contemplating getting a video game tattoo at some point, and I'm rather certain Kingdom Hearts will be in it somewhere.

Let's be friends! :D

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

Nice to have you here!

I hope you'll stick to all your goals and not make this just another flashy post. You put a lot of thought and work in this thread, now put your muscles to use and make yourself a hero your kingdom needs!

Thanks! With the exception of the sugar (why so delicious??) and the reading (my to read list is ridiculous), I've already started to do everything else. It's just a matter of doing more of it so it becomes habit. :) 

I just started playing Dream Drop Distance.  It's supposed to segue right into KH3, and I can't freaking wait. :D

I remember sticking through playing KH even when my brother was complaining that "girly Disney didn't belong in Final Fantasy" and "omg gay hearts and friendship" all he did was miss out on one of the best real-time RPGs Square-Enix has ever done.

I'm contemplating getting a video game tattoo at some point, and I'm rather certain Kingdom Hearts will be in it somewhere.

Omg, DDD. I loved that game. LOVED it. I just. Riku. Sora. Axel. Ugh. So happy making. Now I really need to replay this game. But Dragon Age Inquisition is coming. And I haven't finished my replay of 1.5 HD remix. 

Ooh! I keep going back and forth on tattoos, but if I do, let's be real - it'll probably have something to do with KH. >.>

We totally should! :D

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚

I just started playing Dream Drop Distance. It's supposed to segue right into KH3, and I can't freaking wait. :D

My sister and I totally already have KH tattoos in the works. Its the right thing to do. Haha

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

• Like 1

Should I even try to be official with you, darling?  You're collecting guild tags like it's going out of style~

I've got a few Assassin-y resources for you!  Because silks, but also because gifs and general amazingness.  If you think you might be interested in what our guild has to offer, here's a link to the Assassins' Guild Info & Announcements thread. You can also feel free to pop into the Assassins' Den guild chat thread and get in on the fun.  Everyone's friendly and glad to answer questions - or spam your inbox with gifs, either or, really.  You can also stop by  the Assassin Initiates thread to meet other level 1 rebels who may share your interests.  The Assassin Phonebook is another great resource where you can find guild members whose interests might match your own.  Feel free to message or follow these people for assistance and inspiration!

If you ever have any questions or need help, you know where to find me (hint: the gym, the couch, or my office are all options).

My fellow Ambassadors and I will be checking in on you as the challenge goes on, but it looks like you're ready and eager to go.  So get out there and assassinate kill those goals!   :ph34r: 

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

My sister and I totally already have KH tattoos in the works. Its the right thing to do. Haha

That is awesome. :D

Should I even try to be official with you, darling?  You're collecting guild tags like it's going out of style~

I've got a few Assassin-y resources for you!  Because silks, but also because gifs and general amazingness.  If you think you might be interested in what our guild has to offer, here's a link to the Assassins' Guild Info & Announcements thread. You can also feel free to pop into the Assassins' Den guild chat thread and get in on the fun.  Everyone's friendly and glad to answer questions - or spam your inbox with gifs, either or, really.  You can also stop by  the Assassin Initiates thread to meet other level 1 rebels who may share your interests.  The Assassin Phonebook is another great resource where you can find guild members whose interests might match your own.  Feel free to message or follow these people for assistance and inspiration!

If you ever have any questions or need help, you know where to find me (hint: the gym, the couch, or my office are all options).

My fellow Ambassadors and I will be checking in on you as the challenge goes on, but it looks like you're ready and eager to go.  So get out there and assassinate kill those goals!   :ph34r: 

Thanks! And yeah, if I have questions, I'll poke you on the couch. :P

• Like 1

📷 📚

KH: the best game ever. Epic soundtrack, great gameplay, and fanfic-worthy storylines! Totally digging your theme :D

It seriously is. :D And oh man, those storylines. I can actually keep up with it and make it logical in my head, but try explaining it to someone who hasn't played it? You sound like a crazy person. D:

📷 📚

Hi Stillskies, you seem to be settling in well here :-)

I see you have an interest in Tae Kwon Do so will add to your pile of guild invites.  If you'd like, you're very welcome to drop by the Monk's Courtyard.  We have a number of TKD practitioners, including one of our guild leaders Cheechoe.  Please let us know if you have any questions!

Behave yourself, badly if necessary.

Current Challenge

Judo - Shodan

My Character

Following!

Love the goals! I especially like the book goals, and the themes that you are interested in. Can't wait to see what you read! 

Thanks! I adore reading, and a lot of these are outside of my general genre of choice, so it will be fun to read a bunch of different things. :)

Hi Stillskies, you seem to be settling in well here :-)

I see you have an interest in Tae Kwon Do so will add to your pile of guild invites.  If you'd like, you're very welcome to drop by the Monk's Courtyard.  We have a number of TKD practitioners, including one of our guild leaders Cheechoe.  Please let us know if you have any questions!

Thanks! I'll definitely check it out! I've been thinking about getting in TKD or kickboxing for a few years but never felt that I was physically fit enough for it. :)

📷 📚

Pre-gaming, oh yeah~

RACE REPORT

10675801_10102446291643899_6530904878795

Today, I ran my third 5K: The Great Candy Race in Denver. :) It's the first of three races that I'm doing with blkhole24601, and the very first one that starsapart ran. First things first - oh my lord, that last half mile. I don't know what it was, but the second I hit 2.6 miles, it was like my ankles just started going #nope. It was really annoying to see the finish line but have my ankles shoot death up my legs. I did manage to sprint for the last .1 mile, though! And crossed the finish line running. :D

Of all the races I've done (ahahahahaha the measly two under my belt), this was the easiest one. The very first race I did was a work sponsored run that ended up happening the day after a hard rain, and part of the course was on a dirt trail. Scratch that, the entire course practically was on a dirt trail. That did not end well for me. My second race was two days later, and the trail was also one big puddle of mud. Needless to say, my times were kind of lame (51 minutes and 47 minutes respectively). This race was 100% on concrete, so I wasn't worrying about slipping and falling or twisting my ankle, so I can safely say that I'm a fan of concrete road races. :D

Also, I PR'd: 35:46. When I started out, I was hoping to get sub-40. I started in the wave with Vicki for the 10 minute milers, although my mile time is closer to 11, and I lost sight of her around the mile marker. So I ran pretty much the entire thing alone, which was fine because I had foresight and had my headphones. :D My phone is loaded up with a 45-minute running playlist, so I knew that if I crossed the finish line before Troublemaker, I had made my goal. I hadn't expected to beat it by much, though. It's almost a 12-minute difference from my last race, which was in mid-September. 

So, today's race was awesome. :D And I have a goal for the 5K in December (which I still need to sign up for, whoops). And then. Then there is the 10K. And I still can't wrap my head around the idea of running 6.2 miles, but it's good to have goals, right?

• Like 8

📷 📚

Hi stillskies!  Before the challenge has even truly begun, you've already finished a 5k!  Way to go!

I see that Teirin has already beat me to your thread and has already name-dropped our badass super-TKD guild leader's name.  If you have any questions at all about TKD, Cheechoe is the lady to talk to.

I also love your goals.  They're very detailed, tied to your theme and really well organized.

With regards to your lifting goal, if you don't already have a local resource, I highly recommend taking a video of your squats and deadlift and sharing it on the Form Check forum.  The Warriors (and other lifting nerds) that watch that forum are amazing when it comes to helping you find the right technique to lift dem weights.  I'm doing Stronglifts, myself, and it's a great program.  If you have an iPhone or Android device, I highly recommend the app for tracking your weights and reps.  

Keep on rocking it!  

• Like 1

Half-Giant Monk

current challenge

"Promote yourself, but do not demote another." Yisroel Salanter

:::Applause ::: that's freaking awesome, Stillskies!! Congratulations!

Thanks, Cat! ♥

Awesome job!! Great way to start the challenge :D

Thanks! :D

Hi stillskies!  Before the challenge has even truly begun, you've already finished a 5k!  Way to go!

I see that Teirin has already beat me to your thread and has already name-dropped our badass super-TKD guild leader's name.  If you have any questions at all about TKD, Cheechoe is the lady to talk to.

I also love your goals.  They're very detailed, tied to your theme and really well organized.

With regards to your lifting goal, if you don't already have a local resource, I highly recommend taking a video of your squats and deadlift and sharing it on the Form Check forum.  The Warriors (and other lifting nerds) that watch that forum are amazing when it comes to helping you find the right technique to lift dem weights.  I'm doing Stronglifts, myself, and it's a great program.  If you have an iPhone or Android device, I highly recommend the app for tracking your weights and reps.  

Keep on rocking it!  

Thanks! If I have any questions, I'll definitely seek her out. I want to get through silks before deciding if I'm going to also take on TKD, since the studio near my house requires two nights a week. With silks, my runs, and TKD, something would have to give, unfortunately. Although I may end up putting TKD as my next challenge since I really really really want to get back into martial arts.

I'll keep the form check forum in mind! Right now, since I've hit 70+lbs on the squat, I'm using the smith machine because our gym doesn't have a rack (the gym is at work, and while it's open 24/7/365, it is not staffed the entire time, so they are unable to get one due to liability). I may do it on the deadlift and/or barbell row, though! And I've got the app - it's actually really awesome. :D

📷 📚

I saw your before pictures and was like.

How strange those look like where Starsapart's takes hers... 

Looks like you already have a growing fan club!

you+can+do+it.jpg

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | The Return Arc - [1] [2] <--Current Challenge

Current Saiyan form -  Super Saiyan 

I saw your before pictures and was like.

How strange those look like where Starsapart's takes hers... 

Looks like you already have a growing fan club!

you+can+do+it.jpg

You mean you didn't notice we were wearing the same pair of shorts? :D

• Like 2

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire