stillskies' journey to be the keyblade master

tumblr_mk2w96Juwo1ru5tboo1_500.gif

maybe he's born with it, maybe it's kingdom hearts

Day 001

Today was the first day of the challenge! Totally excited. Anyway, for the summary of the things!

Lifting

Today was a StrongLifts day, and I actually passed through on all three exercises! Which is great, because I'm going to fail (again) on Wednesday. 

Barbell Squat: 75lbs 

Bench Press: 60lbs

Barbell Row: 80lbs

The squat was still pretty easy, minus the random pain in my right hip. I'm pretty sure I pulled something, so I've been stretching it out and taking it easy. It didn't bug as bad today as usual, so I'm hoping that means it's healing. Still kind of bummed that I had to start using the smith machine, though; it's just too heavy for me to clean and press, and we don't have a squat rack at the gym I go to. The bench press got a bit difficult during the last set, but I still got through it no problem. Barbell row was surprisingly difficult on the last set, and I'm actually pretty shocked that I managed to get it up that last time. Still, passed through. :)

Sugar

Barring any last minute snacking, I am 4g under on sugar for the day. :D Trying to make up calorie deficits while trying to keep my sugar intake under control is difficult. But I succeeded! 

Books

I'm going to start reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone tonight. I've read all of the others, but I've never read the first book. Seems kind of strange, and it's time to rectify that. I figure that this will go under friendship

In other news, not challenge related, I lopped off about 7 inches of hair. :D Hence the gif. Hope everyone's first day went well!

• Like 2

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚

Awesome challenge!  I'm definitely not up for a 10K so fair play to ya!  I really should include some Before pictures the way that you did.  It should make victory that much sweeter.  I'm also an anime fan, but don't have enough confidence to cosplay as much as I want to.   

Glad you've gotten a good start.  And I'm sitting in class at the moment wearing a Ravenclaw scarf ;)

1.95%
1.95%
Weight Loss Goal - 50 lbsBATTLEKAT #558Level 2 Half-Orc<p>

post-25449-0-18500300-1395201835.gif

• Like 1

Race: Alive | Class: Ranger | Level: 7 | STATS: Whoops~ (Yes, that's totally a stat! I checked, I swear!... >.>)

Understand that everyone needs time. Understand that everyone deserves patience. Understand that healing, and change take countless seconds, minutes and hours before real health of body and mind can be obtained at all.

"Everything lost is meant to be found."

Becoming a part of the X-men: #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | Current

Great day 1 and I loved the first Harry Potter book!

Thanks! And I hear that the first HP book is the best. I'm not sure why I never picked it up, but oh well. That just means I get to experience the magic for the first time. :)

Awesome challenge!  I'm definitely not up for a 10K so fair play to ya!  I really should include some Before pictures the way that you did.  It should make victory that much sweeter.  I'm also an anime fan, but don't have enough confidence to cosplay as much as I want to.   

Glad you've gotten a good start.  And I'm sitting in class at the moment wearing a Ravenclaw scarf ;)

I'm not sure I'm up to a 10K - I still sit here and go, am I really that ambitious? That's a lot of miles to run... But yeah. The before pictures were starsapart's idea, and I sort of just got dragged along. :) But it's definitely a good way to see the progress that you've made in the six weeks. :D I really really really want to cosplay Aqua from Kingdom Hearts. But she's far more fit than I am. Soon.

Thanks! Huzzah Ravenclaw! I'm a Slytherin, but alas my tie is at home.

Oh my god this is pure awesomeness. Kingdom Hearts! *A* I absolutely love the game and also you for managing to work it into a fitness theme so well :D Definitely going to follow you and your progress. Here's to hoping all day will go as well as the first! 

Thanks! KH is definitely awesome. :D Also, Gon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Awesome Job! Keep Rocking it! 

Now to go find those puppies.

Thanks!

funny-gif-corgi-jumping-ball.gif

post-25449-0-18500300-1395201835.gif

92%20-%20animated%20balloon%20balloon_in

📷 📚

tumblr_mk2w96Juwo1ru5tboo1_500.gif

maybe he's born with it, maybe it's kingdom hearts

Day 001

Today was the first day of the challenge! Totally excited. Anyway, for the summary of the things!

Lifting

Today was a StrongLifts day, and I actually passed through on all three exercises! Which is great, because I'm going to fail (again) on Wednesday. 

Barbell Squat: 75lbs 

Bench Press: 60lbs

Barbell Row: 80lbs

The squat was still pretty easy, minus the random pain in my right hip. I'm pretty sure I pulled something, so I've been stretching it out and taking it easy. It didn't bug as bad today as usual, so I'm hoping that means it's healing. Still kind of bummed that I had to start using the smith machine, though; it's just too heavy for me to clean and press, and we don't have a squat rack at the gym I go to. The bench press got a bit difficult during the last set, but I still got through it no problem. Barbell row was surprisingly difficult on the last set, and I'm actually pretty shocked that I managed to get it up that last time. Still, passed through. :)

Sugar

Barring any last minute snacking, I am 4g under on sugar for the day. :D Trying to make up calorie deficits while trying to keep my sugar intake under control is difficult. But I succeeded! 

Books

I'm going to start reading Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone tonight. I've read all of the others, but I've never read the first book. Seems kind of strange, and it's time to rectify that. I figure that this will go under friendship

In other news, not challenge related, I lopped off about 7 inches of hair. :D Hence the gif. Hope everyone's first day went well!

I'm impressed with how much you are lifting, Stillskies! It's inspiring for my own future progress. :D

Congrats on the race, too! What a great way to start the challenge!

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Daily Battle Log: Shaeon Restores Balance to the Force

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Current Challenge: Shaeon Focuses

"With great boots comes great responsibility."

tumblr_lzt75rCXSs1qm9qgno1_400.gif

I can only hope to be as graceful as Sora when falling from the sky

Day 002

Today was exhausting. Clearly doing two strenuous workouts makes for a seriously tired (and sore, ow ow ow) Sherri. Anyway, workouts today were not challenge related (lifting is tomorrow, as is my first run barring snowpocalypse), but this is what I did:

At the gym this afternoon

Circuit 1

3x20 Mountain Climbers (10 each leg)

3x20 Cross Body Mountain Climbers (10 each leg)

3x10 Knee Raises (kind of like hanging leg lifts, but I don't have that much core strength yet)

3x5 Negative Chin Ups

Circuit 2

3x8 Lateral Raises (10lbs)

3x20 Weighted Side Lunges (10lbs, 10 each leg)

3x20 Weighted Releves (10lbs)

Misc

3x10 Weighted Incline Sit Up Ball Catch (12lbs)

After work

Aerial

10 minute warm up

30 minutes trapeze

20 minutes silks

Oh my lord, aerial is way harder than I'd thought it would be for a beginners class. I cannot, for the life of me, get my legs up over the bar facing forward. I can do it from the side, but not head on. This has also reinforced my lack of bendiness. I did a bit better on the silks, until it was time to climb. My arms did not hold me. I managed to get one full climb up before having to slide down. Needless to say, upper body work is definitely on the horizon. Whether I'll continue after the paid sessions are up is something I'm not sure of - I'm terrified of heights, and being upside down made me feel kind of nauseous. But I did have fun, and it was cool to see myself hanging in the mirror!

Sugar

Made it under for a second day! Woo! Nice to know that next week's challenge shouldn't be too hard - I can officially do two days of being under on my sugar. :D

Reading

On the fourth chapter of HP&SS. Initial thoughts: holy shit, how did Petunia and Vernon not get called for neglect? I mean, there are clearly people who know how they treat Harry. Are all muggles just evil??? Also, McGonagall is the best bad ass to ever bad ass. 

tumblr_lxegd2uFQL1r34jnp.gif

Also, is it just me or is Dumbledore less... imposing in the book? I don't know - I guess I just have this image of him in my head from the first movie, and he just kind of came in and told people what to do, and in the book, McGonagall is like, bitch please no. #teammctabbygal

• Like 6

📷 📚

I'm impressed with how much you are lifting, Stillskies! It's inspiring for my own future progress. :D

Congrats on the race, too! What a great way to start the challenge!

Thanks! It's now the third week of StrongLifts, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail out any minutes, but. :D You can lift all the things! Kick butt!

:D :D :D

📷 📚

Reading

On the fourth chapter of HP&SS. Initial thoughts: holy shit, how did Petunia and Vernon not get called for neglect? I mean, there are clearly people who know how they treat Harry. Are all muggles just evil??? 

OH GOD THE DURSLEYS.  They infuriated me every time they popped into the books!  Evil wretched jerky jerks.  (Maybe they're lax on CPS in Surrey...)

• Like 1

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

I really need to give the HP books another read.  It's been like 5 years.  So good!  McGonagall was totally my favorite character in the books.  I feel like they kind of wrote her down and wrote Dumbledore up in the first few movies, but that gets fixed in the later movies IMO.

Also, great job on the work outs!

Truer words were never spoken. I <3 McGonagall.

McGonagall is the best. :D

OH GOD THE DURSLEYS.  They infuriated me every time they popped into the books!  Evil wretched jerky jerks.  (Maybe they're lax on CPS in Surrey...)

You know, I remember mostly just being annoyed with them in the books. I started on book 2, and at that point, they were already 10000000% better than they were in the first two chapters of Sorcerer's Stone. (That's the only thing I can think of.)

I really need to give the HP books another read.  It's been like 5 years.  So good!  McGonagall was totally my favorite character in the books.  I feel like they kind of wrote her down and wrote Dumbledore up in the first few movies, but that gets fixed in the later movies IMO.

Also, great job on the work outs!

I haven't reread the series since the last book came out, and I was so close to rage quitting it. Camping. REALLY? And yeah, they did, but they definitely fixed that. :D

Thanks!

📷 📚

Riku1.gif

Whatchu mean it's 1* outside, gurl?

Day 003

Today was hard. Clearly my body doesn't know how to handle aerial, because everything hurt. Adding insult to injury was snowpocalypse and nearly sub-zero temperatures. I'm still not convinced that the thermostat was wrong and we weren't in negatives. At any rate, worked the morning from home, then drove into the office later so that I could still get my lift on. 

Running and Stretching

I actually went on my first outdoor run of the challenge today! Despite the 1*F temperature and having no real winter running gear. Clearly, snow and freezing temperatures do not deter me. (No, really, they would have, but I'm obviously more determined than I gave myself credit for.) It was only a mile - a slow one, at that - but that's a mile more than I would have done if I hadn't gotten my ass out there. Took fifteen minutes out of work to go and run, then when I got home, I set my timer for five minutes of stretching. So, I'm 1 for 2 so far this week!

This was me before my run:

20141112_090212_zps9afd8c8e.jpg

Lifting

Today was day B of StrongLifts! Let me tell you, doing an overhead press after aerial is beastly hard. 

Barbell Squat: 80lbs

Overhead Press: 50lbs (finally passed! I failed this lift last week)

Deadlift: 120lbs

My body was not ready. :( Tomorrow, starsapart and I have a personal training session with my old personal trainer. I anticipate a lot more pain to come. Alas.

Sugar

Somehow, I'm under. By 25g. I'm not sure what my life is right now. I had honestly thought this particular challenge piece was going to be harder? But I'm three days in, and all three days I've been under. This is where I'm supposed to be by week three. 

Reading

Haven't had a chance to read today. Probably going to take SS with me to work tomorrow and read when it's slow. 

In unrelated challenge news, I get to go see Big Hero 6 tomorrow. :D Totally excited. Totally. Excited.

tumblr_nceke9yWtI1tlh3goo2_250.gif

• Like 5

📷 📚

Good Job braving the cold! That is true dedication.

We are almost lifting at the same level. Cool. (Starts a secret quest to lift more than you by the end :playful: )  

Keep it up! 

Bjorn

Dwarven Ranger 2

Str. 2 Dex. 1 Con. 3 End. 3 Wis. 1 Cha. 1

Stronglifts 5x5

Squat (% of 270)

30%
30%

Deadlift (% of 360)

32%
32%

Overhead Press (% of 120)

50%
50%

Bench Press (% of 200)

32.5%
32.5%

Barbell Row (% of 180)

47%
47%

Seriously, BAMF. I'm working from home this morning because I don't want to go outside in the negatives at all even for work (need to meander in eventually but right now noooooooooope). Running, LMAO no. So you win BAMF Award. ;)

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

That is the COLDEST RUN EVER.  If I run in anything below like... 45 I get real sad.  I'm not sure if it's just me but it really really hurts to breathe when I run in the cold.. like painful hurts.  Maybe it's the coast?  Maybe I'm a mutant?  Who knows!

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Good Job braving the cold! That is true dedication.

We are almost lifting at the same level. Cool. (Starts a secret quest to lift more than you by the end :playful: )  

Keep it up! 

It's true something. I'm leaning more towards insanity, myself.

Awesome! (I'm sure you'll surpass me. I'm going to max out on barbell row, deadlift and overhead press pretty soon. But challenge accepted~!)

Thanks! :D

Stillskies, you're one badass woman!! Keep up the good work and willpower!

Aww, thanks! 

Seriously, BAMF. I'm working from home this morning because I don't want to go outside in the negatives at all even for work (need to meander in eventually but right now noooooooooope). Running, LMAO no. So you win BAMF Award. ;)

I'm not running today, so pretty sure I'm not that BAMF. :P And I'm working from home for a few hours before heading in, too, because lulz #nopenopenope. It's waaaaaay too cold outside for my California girl butt.

That is the COLDEST RUN EVER.  If I run in anything below like... 45 I get real sad.  I'm not sure if it's just me but it really really hurts to breathe when I run in the cold.. like painful hurts.  Maybe it's the coast?  Maybe I'm a mutant?  Who knows!

It was so cold. :( I have the same problem where breathing hurts the colder it gets. WE CAN BE MUTANTS TOGETHER!

📷 📚

Way to brave the cold! I am being wimpy here and running inside then sitting in the sauna.

I loathe the Dursleys. They are so bad. I think I may have to start a reread. I have been focused on the Outlander series, but all done with that for now. (they are fabulous books, btw!)

If I hadn't written my goal to be outdoors, I'd be running on the treadmill for sure. Totally jealous of the sauna, though. Which is strange, because when I have the opportunity to go into a sauna, I usually decline. But it just sounds so nice...

I've heard awesome things about the Outlander series - that's Gabaldon, correct?

• Like 1

📷 📚