stillskies' journey to be the keyblade master

I've never read the HP series (gasp).  It's a thing I've always had... when someone geeks and fangirls over something too much, I despise whatever it is.  And aside from my older brother, everyone else I met was the same way, so I just never got into it.  My plan is to read it to my children when they're bedtime story age. :3

I actually prefer the cold weather.  However, I'll work in a cooler that's blowing air anywhere from 20-41*F for a good 2 hours with 2 t-shirts and a pair of slacks on.  There may be something wrong with me. :tongue:

I really want to see Big Hero 6!!!  IDK if I will though.

Good job on the sugar intake decrease!  I'm doing surprisingly great with cutting my soda, too.  Last time I did a 6 week challenge, drinking soda was so hard to stop doing, but this time, it's like a non-issue.  Kinda crazy!

• Like 1

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

tumblr_m4ufk8SSk61ru5tboo1_500.gif

You want me to do what with that plate?

Day 004

Today was, fortunately, an off lifting and running day. After yesterday, I really kind of needed it. But today was also personal buddy training. With my old trainer. Who I swear takes great sadistic glee in watching me suffer. At any rate, the thirty five minutes we spent with him was definitely challenging and hard. And tiring. Ugh.

At the gym this afternoon

10 Lunge Squats (30lbs, repeat each leg)

Infinity Body Weight Squat into Calf Raise (for as long as it took starsapart to finish her lunge squats)

8 Lunge Squats with Hold (40lbs, repeat for each leg)

Infinity Step Ups (for as long as it took starsapart to finish her lunge squats with hold)

10 Squat and Forward Press (10lbs)

5 Right Hand Weighted Lunge (20lbs, repeat for each leg)

5 Left Hand Weighted Lunge (20lbs, repeat for each leg)

10 Right Hand Weighted Squat

10 Left Hand Weighted Squat

30 secs Elbow Plank with Reach Across (repeat for each hand)

30 secs Elbow Plank with Front Hand Tap

Not really looking forward to yoga tomorrow, but I need to give my body a break. And I think the deep stretching will be good for me. Or something.

Sugar

Made it under for the fourth day in a row!

Reading

Another day of no reading. Alas. Maybe this weekend.

In other news, I went and saw Big Hero 6 tonight! It was so cute! I just want to hug Baymax. And cuddle him. A lot. That is all. :D How is everyone else doing on their challenges?

CHALLENGES: CURRENT111098765432, 1

📷 📚

Outlander series is awesome. Very well written characters and lots of great history. Very hunky leading man

Good to know. I'm always on the lookout for good books. :D This is the one reason I miss working in a bookstore. :(

I've never read the HP series (gasp).  It's a thing I've always had... when someone geeks and fangirls over something too much, I despise whatever it is.  And aside from my older brother, everyone else I met was the same way, so I just never got into it.  My plan is to read it to my children when they're bedtime story age. :3

I actually prefer the cold weather.  However, I'll work in a cooler that's blowing air anywhere from 20-41*F for a good 2 hours with 2 t-shirts and a pair of slacks on.  There may be something wrong with me. :tongue:

I really want to see Big Hero 6!!!  IDK if I will though.

Good job on the sugar intake decrease!  I'm doing surprisingly great with cutting my soda, too.  Last time I did a 6 week challenge, drinking soda was so hard to stop doing, but this time, it's like a non-issue.  Kinda crazy!

Gasp! You definitely should. It's absolutely amazing. Although, depending on how old the kiddos are when they're bedtime story age (from what I can tell, the age ranges are ridiculously wide), you may want to hold off after the third. Books four through seven get progressively darker, and Book four has the first canon death of the series, I believe; it all goes downhill from there. :D

Oh man, you are one brave person. I much prefer warm weather to cold. When it's cold, I tend to want to hermit in the house under blankets. :(

It's so cute! You totally should!

Thanks! I saw that you were doing awesome on it in your challenge! Good for you! :D

📷 📚

tumblr_m2m2ezPrVC1qepij6o1_r1_500.gif

Me v My Workout. Spoiler: I won.

Day 005

Today was supposed to be a yoga day, but a meeting got thrown on my calendar at the same time as the yoga class, so I had to skip it. I figured I'd go down for an hour or so and do a nice easy workout. Ha. Apparently, I am no longer capable of light and easy when it comes to my workouts. Oops?

31 minutes Elliptical

Circuit 1

3x10 Hanging Knee Tucks (braced on forearms, not from dead hang)

3x15 Bodyweight Rows (TRX for the win!)

3x20 Mountain Climbers (each leg, 40 total)

3x20 Cross Body Mountain Climbers (each leg, 40 total)

Circuit 2

3x30 sec Jump Rope

3x30 sec Elbow Plank

3x30 sec Jumping Jacks

3x30 sec Plank

Whoops. I definitely felt that workout, though! Tomorrow, I'm aiming for my long run, but the high is looking like 24*F and it's supposed to snow. I'm starting to wonder if this goal is going to get torpedoed because I cannot with weather like that. Ugh. Oh well, I just have to run a little longer than I did on Tuesday, right? That constitutes a long run. Right?

Sugar

Was 1g over. Alas. Oh well, I made this goal on the first day, so not too terribly disappointed. Definitely won't be making it under tomorrow, since we're celebrating my birthday and I intend to sugar it up. Chocolate cream pie and coke. :D Yes, please!

Reading

Nope. None read today. Might try to squeeze a chapter in before bed, but we'll see.

Tomorrow is Cards Against Humanity and Disney Princess movies and delicious pizza. If the weather doesn't kill my plans, at any rate. I'll be really bummed if it does. :(

• Like 3

📷 📚

Have a fantastical birthday celebration!!

giphy.gif

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Happy birthday!!

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

Woah, happy birthday!

birthdays-are-good-for-your-health.jpg

Thank you! ♥

Happy Birthday, I hope the weather cooperates for you!

Thanks! Unfortunately, the weather was awful on the night of the party, but today's weather is okay! :D

Happy Birthday!

Thank you!

Have a fantastical birthday celebration!!

giphy.gif

Well, how could I not with those adorable kittens? Thanks!

Happy birthday Stillskies!

Thank you!

Oh wow, happy birthday! And good luck with week 2 :D

Thanks! You, too! :D

Happy Birthday! I know I'm late to the party. But...

54096209.jpg

Thanks! And that bunny is just friggin' adorable....

Sorry for the double post but now you have two bunnies...

You can never have too many bunnies. Especially if they have pancakes on their head. :D

• Like 3

📷 📚

Whoops. Double update for the weekend~

tumblr_n4p2qpB3EB1smsowro1_500.gif

Kairi is ready to get her party on. So am I. :D

Day 006

Another double workout day, but then, that was probably a good thing considering I ate an entire small pizza on my own during dinner. And drank a lot of soda. Because #birthdayweekend. Clearly calories don't count on the days leading up to your actual birthday, right? Right?

Running + Stretching

Went for a run in the morning. At least this time it was 17*? Ugh. I definitely over-layered as I was ridiculously overheated once I hit about 2 miles. I went 4.6 miles, and it took me 1:02:52. :D This means that 1) I can totally do that 6k in December (it's only another 1.6 miles) and 2) I can totally do it in (or under!) my target goal of 1:30:00. Huzzah! Stretched for five minutes once I got home, drank some chocolate milk, and then got bundled up to go to the gym. :D

20 minutes Elliptical

Circuit 1

3x10 Dead Hang Knee Tucks (need to work on shoulder engagement)

3x3 Chin Up Negatives (can't do more than that, yet)

3x20 Mountain Climbers (each leg, 40 total)

3x20 Cross Body Mountain Climbers (each leg, 40 total)

3x30 sec Jump Rope (having way too much fun with this jump rope...)

StrongLifts

5x5 Barbell Squat (85lbs) 

5x5 Bench Press (65lbs) 

5x5 Barbell Row (85lbs)

At least it was a productive day, exercise-wise. I'm pretty sure I'm going to fail out on the next set of Barbell Rows - 85lbs was pretty heavy. Can't really imagine being able to row 90lbs. I guess we'll see on Wednesday.

Sugar

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over. Coke will do that to ya. Whoops.

Reading

Hahahahahahaha. Seriously, I think I'm going to have to schedule in time to read since I haven't really had a chance to do that yet. :(

On the upside, totally fun day. Since it was snowing really hard, we ended up cancelling part of the party plans. Instead, our group went to get pizza at Mellow Mushroom, and I brought Cards Against Humanity. So we ate and played cards, and all was well. :D 

tumblr_meje1hDDyI1rmdy8go1_400.gif

Damn it, Riku. Rest day is best day. Listen to Sora.

Day 007

Today was rest day. And it was full of insanity. Whoops. I spent the morning cleaning the house because Sunday is my usual cleaning day. Once Maaya got home from work, she and Rin ate lunch and then we headed off to the Gem and Jewelry show. Only we had to turn around almost immediately since the windshield wipers on Maaya's car started going haywire, so we switched out to my car. I got a nice necklace to match a pair of earrings I'd gotten at the show last year, which is nice. And then we went clothes shopping. Once we got home, we watched Mulan, because that movie is badass. :D Super fun relaxing day.

WEEK 1 SUMMARY

Running + Stretching

1 short run (1 mile) + 5 minutes of stretching

1 long run (4.6 miles) + 5 minutes of stretching

Verdict: 100%

StrongLifts

Lifted on Monday/Wednesday/Saturday.

Verdict100%

Sugar

4 days under

Verdict: 100%

Reading

Stared Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

Progress: 4/17 chapters completed. Genre: Friendship

Week 1 Verdict: 100%

Woo-hoo! :D

• Like 5

📷 📚

tumblr_m2hxlnbjxp1qiiqlw.gif

Kicked today's ass. Just like Sora. :D

Day 008

Today is my birthday, so I did all the things someone should do on their birthday: namely, went to work, worked out, ate meat. :D Aerinity is making me chocolate cream pie, and then we're going with starsapart to pick up Dragon Age: Inquisition, whereupon I will watch her play until it's time for me to go to bed so that I can get up at a reasonable time to once again go to work. All in all, it's been a good day. :D (Also, did I mention chocolate cream pie???)

20 minutes Elliptical

StrongLifts

5x5 Barbell Squat (90lbs) 

5x5/5/5/4/5 Overhead Press (55lbs) 

5 Deadlifts (130lbs)

Once again failed the overhead press. Got pretty close, though! I only failed one set, which was kind of annoying, but I'll have another shot at it on Saturday. I passed everything else, though! I was actually kind of shocked I got the deadlift, to be honest. I wonder how far I'll get before the inevitable failure? I think it'll be by 150lbs, but I guess we'll see?

Sugar

Over. Between the pop tart and the can of coke with dinner and the chocolate cream pie I'm going to be eating, this should surprise no one. 

Reading

Seriously need to do more of this. Ugh.

:D :D :D :D :D

• Like 3

📷 📚

Curses! She has pulled a head of me in deadlifts! I will push myself harder lol 

Awesome Deadlift!

Sugar is like cocaine. Its a hard demon to kick. Keep at it!

As for missing reading....

5PointsFromGryffindor.JPG

All in good fun though  :playful: (Gryffindor always saves the day and win's anyway)

• Like 2

Bjorn

Dwarven Ranger 2

Str. 2 Dex. 1 Con. 3 End. 3 Wis. 1 Cha. 1

Stronglifts 5x5

Squat (% of 270)

30%
30%

Deadlift (% of 360)

32%
32%

Overhead Press (% of 120)

50%
50%

Bench Press (% of 200)

32.5%
32.5%

Barbell Row (% of 180)

47%
47%

Happiest of birthdays. :)  I'll read through your posts after I finish doing a 3 man research project on my own. >_<

"Impossible is not a fact, it's an opinion.  Impossible is not a declaration, it's a dare.  Impossible is potential, impossible is temporary, impossible is NOTHING." -Muhammad Ali

"The only thing worse than being blind is having sight but no vision." -Hellen Keller

Ferocity (2),  2 Becoming Capable, Becoming a Ranger

tumblr_maywxtAlDm1qepij6o3_500.gif

Fuck yeah, pie. :D

Day 009

RACE REPORT

20141118_110124_zps2ff0ce2d.jpg

This was our turkey. I'm pretty sure he beat everyone back to the starting line.

Today was the Turkey Trot 5K at work. It wasn't as cold as my last few runs, but that may have also been because my lovely wife got me warm running clothes so that I don't die this winter. What a concept, right?? Anyway, the course was entirely paved, which was a plus. The last race that I ran at work was primarily on a trail, and it was the day after a huge rain storm, so everything was slippery. Ugh. Anyway, there were some steep hills, which were great going down but a real pain going up. It also didn't help that there were still some places that were just sheets of ice. Coincidentally, they were all on slopes. :( 

I didn't fall! And my first mile was around 10:30:00 (don't remember exactly, and nike+ doesn't keep track of individual mile times, boo), and my average pace was 12:05:00. It was in the 11s until I got to the last .3 miles of the course, which was all uphill. My poor legs just can't deal with that many hills. Yet. Anyway, total time was 36:55. A little over a minute longer than the race on the 9th, but no bad considering the terrain. I also managed to run a full mile without stopping, and I was doing a good job pacing. For me, this is a particular victory, especially since breathing in the cold is still something I'm getting used to. Also, I wasn't the last person to finish! (To be fair, I also wasn't the last person on my very first work race - I was fourth to last.) And and and I passed one of the runner guys and beat him by a little less than :30! 

I did do my stretching afterwards, so huzzah! Race and stretching done! Just need a short run sometime this week.

20141118_114607_zps6aebc3cb.jpg

Post race selfie.

Sugar

I'm having two slices of chocolate cream pie. I'm gonna be so over today, and I so don't care. :D

Books

No reading done, yet. I'm so failing at this goal. Alas.

In other news, I went to silks today after work with starsapart. It was way harder this week. :( Also, I really don't think I've got the upper body strength to do this. And I don't like going upside down. I'm pretty sure I'll finish out the last two classes and then move on to something new. Maybe I'll end up doing tae kwon do this challenge. Or kickboxing.

• Like 3

📷 📚

So. Many. Likes!!! +!

Congrats and brava on completing the race, NOT coming in last, and running a whole mile of it non stop!!

I wanna be you when I grow up. ;p

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

AWESOME JOB! 

As the "Most Improved" member of my high school cross country team. I beat my first person on the last race of the year and I was ecstatic! Keep it up! 

Sorry silk's isn't working out. Don't be discouraged. Keep up the intensity!

(Pull ups are hard ask me how I know lol)

Gonna add a @monk tag to your challenge if you jump into martial arts? 

tag-all-the-things-thumb.jpg

P.S. Sorry if I'm being a troll. I'm bad at knowing when I stop being funny and start being hurtful. But you rock!

Bjorn

Dwarven Ranger 2

Str. 2 Dex. 1 Con. 3 End. 3 Wis. 1 Cha. 1

Stronglifts 5x5

Squat (% of 270)

30%
30%

Deadlift (% of 360)

32%
32%

Overhead Press (% of 120)

50%