Teros XII - Redemption

Teros

It's time for me to get out of this funk. The two weeks off made me lose an insane amount of motivation, paired with starting to backslide with eating. Granted, what I had over the course of 2 weeks that is considered 'bad' would normally be eaten in 1 day just 2 years ago. It's about perspective, huh?

Anyway, for those of you that don't know me, my name is Teros and I'm the Guild Leader here for the Adventurers.  To date, I've lost almost 70 pounds, made my own homegym, and tried a Spartan Race. Tried.  This challenge though, I get my redemption.  In just a few short days I will be attempting another Spartan Race with my extended family: my NF family.  I'm more scared this time than I was at my last Spartan.  I know what to expect though, but I'm going to be brave and face it anyway.

As a side note for those that are new here: Never hesitate to ask questions or send me a PM. I always have time to help people.  However, there are a LOT of people here on NF, so don't feel guilty for taking any of my time. Seriously. I've had a few people say they didn't want to 'bother' me, and that's foolish. This is a community of people that care and if there's a way I can help you out- whether it be through giving advice or just being someone to vent about your problems- I'm here for you.  NF has been here for me and I fully intend to return the favor.

Let's get on with the challenge now, shall we?

1) Eating Right - Last challenge I stuck with 95% whole 30. In fact, I went 54 days without feeling like I was deprived and I got close to dropping almost 15 pounds. I need to get back to this mentality. I had a slip up the weekend before the challenge ended and with the 2 week break; I've been sliding back. No more. I make another stand and with the exception of NerdsGiving; I hope to beat my 54 day streak. Today it starts. Day 1.  I'm starting early. I can't postpone this.

What I basically eat is meat and vegetables, with 1 serving of fruit and some healthy fats if I'm hungry. No sugars. No processed crap. It's whole 30, but with the exception of protein powder so I can make protein pancakes (protein powder, egg, banana mashed together).

2) Working out - Again, last challenge I was going solid with this. A few ladies come over twice a week to do strength training and I show them different exercises and spot them; while also getting my own workout in consisting of using a sledgehammer, kettelbells, dumbbells, sandbags, and some bodyweight stuff too. I also like going for long walks on non-workday mornings to keep some endurance/cardio as well.  Jack of all trades.

3) Major List - This one is a bit fuzzy, but basically there's a list of about 10 things that I need to get done... like NOW. So I'm not writing it down, but I will note when one of the things on my Major List gets crossed off.

4) NF Basics - Last challenge I had a bit of depression. Also, consulting some people pre-challenge put a really bad taste in my mouth with dealing with certain....aspects... of this site. Don't get me wrong, I love all the people that are trying to better themselves, but the wind was taken out of my sails (and some Ambassadors) because of a big dispute.  This challenge I go back to basics. I want to do a sweep of the Adventurers to make sure everyone feels welcome. I also hope to get the minis and RPG story that I write done sooner in the week. Lastly, I hope to be more active with the level 1s and make sure they feel welcome as well. Doing this is what made me feel like a better person. People on NF have inspired me to be the best person I can be. They gave me my life back, when all I wanted was to burn down the world with my bitterness, depression, and fury.  I've been paying this back since day 1 of being on this site, and I continue to do so this challenge, despite some haters.

hater_gonna_hate_03.jpg

I have decided to not bother with assigning points this time. What I always do anyway is try to even out my points so that I have easily divisible #s, so it's pointless. I'll grade on a whole. If I do everything and get an A+, I earn 15 points to distribute however I want.

• Like 16

Whoo! Following (since now I know how to do that due to your super helpful tutorial. lol)  

I love the goal of checking up on level ones.  I need to do more of that too.  And start an acountabilibuddies group :) 

95d4e360db4adb7170e599b9983c205f48e86bf3

• Like 2

Subbed for Teros awesomeness. :D 

• Like 2

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Subbing, duh!! :)

6354971634070861961764101874_giphy.gif

• Like 3

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Whoa - nice challenge.  Back to basics.  I think I'll have to keep my eye on you.  Subbing. 

• Like 2

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Hello! and WELCOME!  To be honest, I was in a real funk if those of you have read the end of my last thread.  I'm slowly starting to get psyched up for this next challenge. I'm almost bit with new challenge fever.

So even though it hasn't officially started yet; I've made some progress. Today I went through a bunch of food in the fridge and threw out things that my g/f bought but never ate.  She went on a greek yogurt kick and bought like 15 of them. All expired.  So far, the only thing I ate today that wouldn't be 'approved' of has been some peanut butter, but it was scraping at the bottom of the jar. I wanted to just finish it and get rid of the rest. So as long as I have a good dinner; I'll have 1 day down on my new starting streak.  The plan for tomorrow is ms booty is supposed to come over and work out and hopefully my g/f will follow suit. I also might be seeing a play. Did ya know that I know someone that's a teeny bit famous?

http://www.amazon.com/Murder-University-Michael-Thurber/dp/B00DNJ96MS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415309408&sr=8-1&keywords=murder+university

He was part of making this movie and he puts on plays twice a year. They're all really solid. My favorites are probably his biographies and Kung Fu Babies was great too.

Some possible good news: Ms booty might make her first challenge here and be an itty bitty level 1 newbie.  *MIGHT*  I'm hoping that the NF community will be as welcoming to her as they were to me. I know it made all the difference in my life. Considering how much her b/t puts her down; I think that the support from this place will be extremely helpful to counteracting b/t's bull$!@* ways.

I'm psyching myself up for creating the HUGE chapter for the RPG Fanatics - Battle of The Red One. This is the big baddy that has been looming over the group since last February. It's pretty amazing that I came up with a rough story arc almost an entire year ago and it's now finally starting to crest. Things I talked about back in the FrostKing, Distractia, and even Sodamus campaigns will make sense and play a part in the next chapter.

Also, I'm kicking around ideas for minis this challenge to correspond with a story. I have 3 minis so far that I thought about, but I'll actually have a concrete plan in the next day or so to have all of them fleshed out a bit.

Lastly, along with the 6wc-based stuff; I was cleaning like a boss today. Laundry, sweeping, garbage, fridge cleaning, food planning, bedroom cleaned up, gym room nice and neat, containers washed, and I swung by the tire dealership to get my wheels inspected.  The only things that I feel like I need to get done (besides my 6wc special list) is dishes and some cooking.  Tomorrow morning I plan on taking a short walk really early before I have to drive my g/f to work, and then those dishes will get DESTROYED of grime.  Both guns blazing- those dishes won't know what hit 'em!

I plan on Wednesday or so to do a sweep and check up on all the adventurers to greet everyone.  I wish there was a way I could auto-add the next challenges that people have instead of having to hunt all those non-adventurers down (you know who you are).

Anyways, I'm off. WAH-ZOOOO!

magic_man_by_damiensaelak-d5l15r9.jpg
  • Like 10

Some possible good news: Ms booty might make her first challenge here and be an itty bitty level 1 newbie.  *MIGHT*  I'm hoping that the NF community will be as welcoming to her as they were to me. I know it made all the difference in my life. Considering how much her b/t puts her down; I think that the support from this place will be extremely helpful to counteracting b/t's bull$!@* ways.

As much as we'll try to behave ourselves, I think that you've unwillingly labelled her already in our minds, no matter what username she'll pick :P

• Like 3

Lastly, along with the 6wc-based stuff; I was cleaning like a boss today. Laundry, sweeping, garbage, fridge cleaning, food planning, bedroom cleaned up, gym room nice and neat, containers washed, and I swung by the tire dealership to get my wheels inspected.  The only things that I feel like I need to get done (besides my 6wc special list) is dishes and some cooking.  Tomorrow morning I plan on taking a short walk really early before I have to drive my g/f to work, and then those dishes will get DESTROYED of grime.  Both guns blazing- those dishes won't know what hit 'em!

this had me laughing my ass. I am imaging you as a cross between Rambo, Vin Diesel in The Pacifier and Mrs Doubtfire

• Like 9

Subbing because you're awesome and way too much of your stuff parallels mine

2014-08-07-awesomeness.jpg

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Unfortunately, I can't switch until I hit 150 posts. ;D?

Edit: also, subbed [:

You need to get busy then ;) lol

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: Keeps on Moving

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 62

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Is awesome sauce Whole30 acceptable? Because that is what you are made of, sir.

• Like 5

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Unfortunately, I can't switch until I hit 150 posts. ;D?

Edit: also, subbed [:

Zomboid, gitcher butt into this challenge so we can follow you. ;)

via smoke signals from my Fire

• Like 3

&Heidi
Amazon of the Way

Gypsy Druid Paladin

Ranger Year 1: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 

Druid Year 2: 8 | 9 | 1011  | 12 | 13 |Year 3: 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 |Year 4: 1920 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 |Year 5: 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 |Year 6: 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 |Year 7: 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53| 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 |Year 8: 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 |

Local Foods Guru | Financial Freedom Fighter | Minimalism Yoda | Smaug-Slayer
Heidi Chronicles My NF Character Sheet | @theheidifeed | Amazon of Awesome | MySlashdotKarmaIsExcellent