• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

»» shaarawy gets stronger

It seemed like she had been on the move for... well, forever.  Clothes torn, face dirty, tired and achy. She knew it would be difficult, but sometimes the heaviness of it all overwhelmed her... still, Sharaawy had kept going.  Some days slower than others, one foot in front of the other.  Every forward motion was progress.  It was enough - it was working.

The sky was heavy and unforgiving, and Shaarawy's breathing was labored as she approached the cliffs ahead of her.  The horizon spread out before her, a palette of slate and ash.  On a clear day you could probably see almost endlessly.  But now it was hard to tell where the sky met the choppy sea below.  The wind kicked up, and she squinted as one hand moved to block her hair from her vision.  Something was ... off.

A cursory glance down the beach spotted the blurry silhouette of a lone figure standing in the mist.  Her breath hitched in her throat at the familiar shape with the long ponytail.  She could almost feel his smile cut through her.

I'm not scared of you.

The tips of her fingers tingled as the figure began a slow walk down the rocky beach towards the cliffs.  The sounds of the crashing waves echoed loudly in her ears with the beating of her heart, and Sharaawy steeled her nerve and took a shaky step forward as the watched the man approach menacingly.

I may not win.  But I'm going to try.

Aah, my first challenge as a guilded rebel!!  I'm joining up with the rangers as I expand my skillset and jack-of-all-trades my way to the new year. ;)

I've purposely kept my challenges rather vague - there is a chance I'll be joining a gym within the next 6 weeks to slowly start trying out lifting - so I wanted to have a lot of grey area to incorporate that regardless of where I'm working out, home or gym.  No better way to flub up a challenge than to pigeonhole yourself, and then, WHOOPSIE...

SO.  Here we go.

MAIN QUEST

tumblr_m9skqxFbps1rxfqqzo1_400.gif

DON'T EAT LIKE AN IDIOT.  This one is pretty much an extension of my last challenge's quest, and it's worked great.  No pizza delivery on lazy nights, no oodles of Halloween candy (seriously I only had 3 small pieces, it was wonderful), no sugar-laden holiday treats around the house (or anywhere).  I'm pretty impressed with my willpower and I want to keep this going through one of the most food-laden times of the year...

QUEST 1

On the Up & Up (+3 STR, +2 STA)

tumblr_n44uk8kYOy1tthhlho1_500.gif

Lift 2 times a week.  Whether it's at home with my dumbbells or at a gym with their dumbbells (or barbells), 3 times a week, no exceptions.

A - Completed 2 times weekly

B - Completed 2 times weekly for more than half of the weeks (3+)

C - Completed 2 times weekly for less than half of the weeks (-3)

QUEST 2 

"Leg Day" (+2 STR, +1 DEX)

1323718030_dancing_otter.gif

Leg day will come twice a week.  Last challenge my lower body suffered, and I want to end that.  I have a bodyweight routine of squats, lunges, calf raises and other assorted sundries that I will expand on and utilize to my benefit!  (Note that leg day will also include core workouts as well!)

A - Completed twice weekly

B - Completed twice weekly for more than half of the weeks (3+)

C - Completed twice weekly for less than half of the weeks (-3)

QUEST 3

Don't Get Broken (+2 WIS)

174_catyogaatsleep_cat_gifs.gif

Do yoga/stretch twice weekly, OR get outside and walk/jog twice weekly.  This was originally going to be a strictly get outside quest but with the cold weather coming I wasn't keen on forcing myself to run outside in awesome biting ocean winds.

A - Completed twice weekly

B - Completed more than half of the weeks (3+)

C - Completed less than half of the weeks (-3)

LIFE GOAL

The Candlestick Maker (+1 CHA)

tumblr_inline_mhgkphgE1n1qz4rgp.gif

My overarching plan for most holiday gifts is going to be handmade - to make candles.  I want to jump on the ball for this and have them done by early December - NO EXCEPTIONS.  I refuse to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off at the last minute and turn the holidays into a stressball of yuck!!

I need to source materials and order them, research my methods, and get down to making some wonderful feel-good smells this season.

A - Completed (maed candels k)

F - Failed (Because there's really no middle ground on this, I mean, either I make a candle or I fail at making a candle, no such thing as half-candling, am I right???)

I haven't decided if I'm going to have a reward system in place yet.  I'm leaning towards no but we'll see if my thoughts change!

(watch this space for measurements + before photos)
  • Like 11

Hi there!

200.gif

I really love your goals. And your gifs. So basically your whole challenge. Excited to follow along. Welcome to the Rangers!

• Like 2

I really love your goals. And your gifs. So basically your whole challenge. Excited to follow along. Welcome to the Rangers!

Woo hoo, thank you!!  I'm psyched to be a ranger! :D

• Like 2

Yes! Don't get broken! This is also kind of the goal of my stretch/yoga tune up ball/meditation quest.  Especially around the holidays we don't take care of ourselves enough!  

Best of luck with this challenge! 

• Like 1

Looks like an awesome challenge! Good luck finding a good gym.

Thanks!!  I have one local one in mind that I'm going to go check out - I was a member years ago and now they have a shiny new location close to my work too... no excuses!!

Great well balanced goals. So glad to see that you are making sure you pay attention to those legs!

Oh man I didn't realize how important legs were until I did one semi-serious leg workout... I felt like The Penguin for a week!! -_-;;;

Beer talk got me over here, half-candling kept me here! Only partially true. 

Awesome goals! If you can survive the holiday season fairly unscathed you can do anything. 

Also interested in the half-candling. 

• Like 1

Alice in Chains is probably one of my top 5 bands though.  Quintessential 90's angry grungerock. 

Perfect mix of grunge, punk and metal in my book. Also, no points for that video, the only candles involved are on the band's name (Hm. Now I'm thinking Candlemass)

Anyway, pushing it to 00s and candles

• Like 1

first of all, nice challenge and goals are solid :)

il_570xN.545099161_avl9.jpg

second of all... i heard there was some good music going on here... and i see that there is. i mean, how do you top dio? you can't, but i hope this helps motivate....

sorry, no candles

• Like 4

first of all, nice challenge and goals are solid :)

second of all... i heard there was some good music going on here... and i see that there is. i mean, how do you top dio? you can't, but i hope this helps motivate....

BAHAHA thanks!!  I'm gonna crush this challenge like... well, like a viking crushes a blackbird.  ATTAAAACCCCCKKKKK~~~~~

• Like 2

Also, no points for that video, the only candles involved are on the band's name (Hm. Now I'm thinking Candlemass)

Now I'm sitting here watching Candlebox music videos to see if they actually utilize candles LIKE THEIR NAME SUGGESTS.  Bait and switch.

(oops double post)

[edit]

The answer seems to be no but now I really feel like wearing a plaid shirt underneath a leather jacket for some reason.