• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

»» shaarawy gets stronger

i'm totally jealous of you getting to go to that show.....

The closest one was actually somewhere in Georgia but family is in FL so long weekend here we gooooo~~ (I solemnly swear to not drink all the beer)
  • Like 1

The closest one was actually somewhere in Georgia but family is in FL so long weekend here we gooooo~~ (I solemnly swear to not drink all the beer)

i'm in Georgia and didn't get to make it. though i do remember PigFace from a few years ago.

• Like 1

The closest we've got is Raleigh and even then it's 2 hours out and not really a hotbed for industrial music. (Although I did get to see Dead Can Dance in Durham 2 years ago!) Saw FLA once in DC years ago though, I rarely miss living in DC but it was sure great for shows.

• Like 1

Okay, it's New Challenge Eve and I'm pretty much ready to roll.

I retook my measurements and was pleasantly surprised to find that they haven't budged a bit in two weeks!

Weight - 135lbs 

R thigh - 22.5in 
L thigh - 22in 
H - 37.5in 
W - 29in 
R bicep - 11.5in 

L bicep - 11in

I've got some bone-in chicken breasts chilling in the crock pot so I can shred them for chicken avocado wraps this week.

I've mostly completed my lists for the Candy Land Escape challenge.

I did an inspired leg workout today and I have a feeling my calves are going to try to secede from my body tomorrow.  WHATEVER I AIN'T EVEN MAD.

1310794583211588.gif

LET'S DO THIS THANG.

• Like 5

Challenge day go! PS thanks for the link to the candy land escape thread! That looks so awesome I might just have to join in.

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

• Like 1

DAY 1.

Buttkickingly awesome.

Today was lifting day and here's my mini-lifts workout (all done with 10lb unless otherwise noted):

Curl/hammer - 10x3

Bent row (20lb) - 10x3

Tricep dips (unweighted) - 10x3

Shoulder press - 10x3

Lateral raise - 6x3 (these are really really hard for me, hoping to slowly improve my reps...)

Chest fly - 10x3

Chest press - 5x3

My goal is to be able to use the 20lb for most everything with the exclusion of the lateral raise... like I mentioned, those are pretty hard for me and I strained my neck once stressing too hard, so I'm happy to take that one slowly with the 10s.

I really surprised myself on the tricep dips - I hated dips starting out but now I'm able to get myself really low in each rep.  Progress. :)

Also I'm working on waking myself up earlier so I have time for a nice full workout without rushing around the house like a maniac.  THIS IS HARD.  I really have to just shut my brain off when I start wibbling about how cozy bed is and that I should just stay in bed... NO.  NO.  Get up dangit.

Hope everyone else's day 1 is going fabulously!

carousel.gif

• Like 2

Shoulder exercises in general seem to be tough, actually.

This.  I never thought shoulders would be so tough, but they really are.  Bluh!

• Like 1

That business sounds awesome! Do you have an etsy store or something? I ask because

last time I was at a women's national soccer game with the spouse they didn't have any gear

we wanted : (. I'd love to check out some soccer stuff.

• Like 2

That business sounds awesome! Do you have an etsy store or something? I ask because

last time I was at a women's national soccer game with the spouse they didn't have any gear

we wanted : (. I'd love to check out some soccer stuff.

See see?!  Exactly why we are doing this!  We're humongous soccer nerds but the lack of solid indie clothing choices is slim to none.

It's not started yet, we've been working on applying for licenses with the state and all that happy crap.  (Tonight is actually a 'sit down and go over paperwork' night, hnngg.)  We need to get some designs to the apparel company we're going to work with and get our website/commerce/social media up and functional.  It's still in the fairly early stages but we're hoping by Q1 next year we'll be up and running!

• Like 2

This. I never thought shoulders would be so tough, but they really are. Bluh!

If I'm not crazy, shoulders are a pain because there are so many tiny little muscles that you're working. I maybe crazy tho...

• Like 2

Day 1 success! I am celebrating a fresh new challenge by watching an outside viewing of Jurassic Park, aka A CLASSIC. :)

8092438f7edb60393af47a28cb2f9ddf.jpg

It is chilly in NC but nothing a hoodie and 11% beer can't handle. ;) (Beer 1 of 4-5 this week, moderation!)

• Like 6

So guess who is using up her weekly allotted rest day already???

tumblr_m3kav9dPnS1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

I woke up this morning feeling like semi-death -- yesterday I hadn't been feeling the best but I attributed it to fall allergies or the fact the heat has been kicking on a lot more lately, and that tends to stuff me up too.  This morning I woke up with some chest heaviness and sniffles. :(  I'm always a big advocate of better safe than sorry when it comes to my health, so rest day it is.  (That and I can't afford to be out of work for 2-3 days if this kicks into a full blown flu, so I'd like to head it off at the pass.)

I toted along some ground cinnamon and local honey from home so I can make some cinnamon and honey tea and hopefully kick this thing right outta here, because I have leg days that need doing yo.

ALSO I have the best DOMS ever from my lifting yesterday.  I'm just sore enough to know I did a great workout and didn't hurt myself. ^_^

Also proud I stuck to one beer last night.  Solidarity.

I'm not too huffy about the rest day, I'll get myself better, and I really enjoy working out more on the weekends anyway. :)

• Like 2

hope you get well soon

In addition lat raises use lots of small muscles rather than recruiting the bigger muscles, so it's normal that you should handle a lot less weight. The weight I use for lat raise is about a quarter to a fifth of what I shoulder press as a rough guide.

Also might be worth chucking in something to help your rotary cuff. try holding a light weight, hold your arms out like a T then bend your elbows 90 degrees so your upper arms are horizontal but lower arm, hands and weight are pointing towards the floor. 

Keep your upper arms horizontal but let the shoulder rotate to bring the weight forwards and up until your arms are in the reverse position - upper arms straight but lower arm hand and weight pointing towards ceiling. Lower back down and that's one rep.

It works the other little muscles that your lat raise misses and will provide greater all round shoulder strength and will help with shoulder pressing heavier weight further down the line without risk of injury if that's a goal for you

• Like 2

hope you get well soon

In addition lat raises use lots of small muscles rather than recruiting the bigger muscles, so it's normal that you should handle a lot less weight. The weight I use for lat raise is about a quarter to a fifth of what I shoulder press as a rough guide.

Also might be worth chucking in something to help your rotary cuff. try holding a light weight, hold your arms out like a T then bend your elbows 90 degrees so your upper arms are horizontal but lower arm, hands and weight are pointing towards the floor. 

Keep your upper arms horizontal but let the shoulder rotate to bring the weight forwards and up until your arms are in the reverse position - upper arms straight but lower arm hand and weight pointing towards ceiling. Lower back down and that's one rep.

It works the other little muscles that your lat raise misses and will provide greater all round shoulder strength and will help with shoulder pressing heavier weight further down the line without risk of injury if that's a goal for you

THIS IS SUPER HELPFUL.  Thank you thank you!!  While I'm extremely interested in heavy lifting I'm slightly wary because I want to do it right and make sure all of my muscles get worked properly so they can support each other. (And also I don't want to injure myself either.)  Definitely adding this to my repertoire. :D :D

• Like 1

Might sound too bro-like here, but I've found out that significantly upping the protein intake is a DOMS killer. A good chunk o' steak, maybe with a bit of salad on the side, does miracles.

• Like 2

Might sound too bro-like here, but I've found out that significantly upping the protein intake is a DOMS killer. A good chunk o' steak, maybe with a bit of salad on the side, does miracles.

No you're totally right, I NEED to eat more protein.  Especially if I'm going to continue heavy lifting.  I've been wondering lately how to consume 135g of protein daily without burning out on chicken or 500 hard boiled eggs.  (Because it's 1g per lb of body weight IIRC?)

• Like 2