• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shaar

»» shaarawy gets stronger

928632_328673927297475_1246806783_a.jpg

1. Lean meat (no bones, skin, fat etc) means you get more bang (protein) for your buck (and bite)
  2. Add variety to the meat; chicken, beef, pork, lamb, goat, rabbit, duck, goose, even ground meat can feel like a whole different thing
  3. Speaking of grinding, try grinding veggies for a dish, a soup for example
  4. Omelette/fritatta. You can add a million eggs and never know how many you actually ate in the end
  5. Fish
  6. Some people use protein/whey powder in shakes. Haven't tried it, just tossing it as an idea
  7. Limit or eliminate carb-heavy stuff (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, beer etc). Among other benefits, you'll be skipping foods that fill you up a lot, which means more space and appetite to down protein
  • Like 4

1. Lean meat (no bones, skin, fat etc) means you get more bang (protein) for your buck (and bite)
  2. Add variety to the meat; chicken, beef, pork, lamb, goat, rabbit, duck, goose, even ground meat can feel like a whole different thing
  4. Omelette/fritatta. You can add a million eggs and never know how many you actually ate in the end
  5. Fish
  6. Some people use protein/whey powder in shakes. Haven't tried it, just tossing it as an idea
  7. Limit or eliminate carb-heavy stuff (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, beer etc). Among other benefits, you'll be skipping foods that fill you up a lot, which means more space and appetite to down protein

I drink a whey protein shake every morning that's either 24 or 26g (memory fail) but that's still a lot to go.  I'm thinking premade egg breakfast wraps might be the way to so since I work out in the morning before work.

Eliminate beer... beer beer beer??  Heheh.  That one's a slow work in progress.  I love bread and potatoes and beer oh lord I'd be a walking carb if I ate those all the time.  Thankfully only beer is the major culprit.

The one I remember seeing was .8 per is about the edge of what's 'useful'. There's a few different discussions though(reading science differently, blahblah).

Yeah I heard it was gently variable too.  It's still a daunting number though!! :o

• Like 2

I love (and hate) that we have the same beer issue, haha. But I bought a protein powder that has 41 g of protein in it (though a tad higher in calories at 245), but that helps me a lot and gets me 1/3 of the way there. Between eggs, peanut butter, cashews, pistachios, beans and chicken I can usually hit at least 100g on non beer days during the day even though I forget to eat through most of the day. On beer days....well beer days are a mess and do nothing for me other than letting me drink that sweet sweet beer. 

• Like 1

Eliminate beer... beer beer beer??  Heheh.  That one's a slow work in progress.  I love bread and potatoes and beer oh lord I'd be a walking carb if I ate those all the time.  Thankfully only beer is the major culprit.

I understand it's part of your life, but it is totally possible. I used to be a huge beer enthusiast, which, coupled with my music tastes, means I used to consume MASSIVE amounts of beer

L.jpg

Massive

But it can be done. By now I'm almost 100% beer free, might drink a small bottle per 3-4 weeks when out and short on cash or not wanting to drink harder liquor, but that's about it. Doesn't even excite me much

• Like 3

I love (and hate) that we have the same beer issue, haha. But I bought a protein powder that has 41 g of protein in it (though a tad higher in calories at 245), but that helps me a lot and gets me 1/3 of the way there. Between eggs, peanut butter, cashews, pistachios, beans and chicken I can usually hit at least 100g on non beer days during the day even though I forget to eat through most of the day. On beer days....well beer days are a mess and do nothing for me other than letting me drink that sweet sweet beer. 

WE'RE IN IT TOGETHER MAAAAN

I'm trying to bridge the gap between hating nearly all nuts to choking down some almonds every day.  Right now I disguise them in some granola I make but I'd rather just... you know, eat them.  If they just didn't taste so foul, ugh.

Wow 41g a serving is pretty bombastic.  Maybe I should look for something with a higher protein content when it's time to re-buy.

I understand it's part of your life, but it is totally possible. I used to be a huge beer enthusiast, which, coupled with my music tastes, means I used to consume MASSIVE amounts of beer

L.jpg

Massive

But it can be done. By now I'm almost 100% beer free, might drink a small bottle per 3-4 weeks when out and short on cash or not wanting to drink harder liquor, but that's about it. Doesn't even excite me much

That mug should say EXCALIBEER.  Someone missed the chance for a great pun.

I never used to drink beer until about 3 years ago, that's all they serve at the soccer stadiums so bottoms up... and now it's spiraled into craft beer aficionado-dom. (?)  I've really been re-evaluating my relationship with beer since I joined NF though, and that's a good thing - I think once the new year hits it's going to be one of my BIG goals - less beer, more protein. 

• Like 3

totally agree on the pun.

L.jpg

Massive

why is it that metal and beer go so well together?

i don't think i could ever be beer free, especially considering my long term goal is to open a brew pub. that said, i tend to go weeks and/or months without it for fitness purposes

• Like 2

totally agree on the pun.

why is it that metal and beer go so well together?

i don't think i could ever be beer free, especially considering my long term goal is to open a brew pub. that said, i tend to go weeks and/or months without it for fitness purposes

Are you me?  Briefly entertained the idea of opening a pub but we like our own pub too much sooooo....

Don't think I'll ever go beer (or liquor, or wine) free, but I'd like better moderation.  I know it's what's contributed to my gentle chubbiness, without a doubt.

Beer = metal \m/

• Like 4

No you're totally right, I NEED to eat more protein.  Especially if I'm going to continue heavy lifting.  I've been wondering lately how to consume 135g of protein daily without burning out on chicken or 500 hard boiled eggs.  (Because it's 1g per lb of body weight IIRC?)

I've always tried to abide by 1g per lb of lean body mass... so it does require knowing (or approximating) your bf%, but when I try to get to this magical number after lifting, I tend not to hurt too much after, even when the weights were very heavy... my two cents!

• Like 2

Are you me?  Briefly entertained the idea of opening a pub but we like our own pub too much sooooo....

Don't think I'll ever go beer (or liquor, or wine) free, but I'd like better moderation.  I know it's what's contributed to my gentle chubbiness, without a doubt.

Beer = metal \m/

Omg, gentle chubbiness, love it. 

• Like 1

5. Fish

i use protein shakes. i personally think they help. they definitely help keep my protein intake to where it needs to be. 

What about protein-beer shakes? It'll be like Manowar: metal meets muscle

Oh. Right. The foam

that sounds like a terribly awesome disaster laden masterpiece. 

• Like 2

Beer = metal \m/

i don't know.... let me check....

nope. i think i'm still me and you're still you.

"if i were you, then you'd be me... and i'd use your body to get to the top. you can't stop me no matter who you are"

AceVenturaNatureCalls2.jpg

I've always tried to abide by 1g per lb of lean body mass... so it does require knowing (or approximating) your bf%, but when I try to get to this magical number after lifting, I tend not to hurt too much after, even when the weights were very heavy... my two cents!

I love your two cents!!  I'm always looking for MOAR KNOWLEDGE for what works for people as I delve into the world of pumping iron and not eating pizza as a recovery food.

Omg, gentle chubbiness, love it. 

Haha it's true!  That darn waist/hip area is gently chubby, or "fluffy" as my friend likes to put it.

What about protein-beer shakes? It'll be like Manowar: metal meets muscle

Oh. Right. The foam

And the HORRIBLE TASTE, I can only imagine.  A chalky chocolate porter that's so dense you have to drink it with a spoon... huarggghhhhh (<--- that's the metal noise people will make when they puke it up)

i don't know.... let me check....

nope. i think i'm still me and you're still you.

"if i were you, then you'd be me... and i'd use your body to get to the top. you can't stop me no matter who you are"

AceVenturaNatureCalls2.jpg

Nope, definitely not me, no pompadour here.  Or small capuchin monkey that could help me with everyday tasks...

• Like 1

Ok, now not beer...but what about a protein mudslide (ok, so it sounds really REALLY dirty, tehehehe)? Plenty of tasty choc powders....what if we add a little Frangelico and cake Pinnacle vodka? 

• Like 3

Ok, now not beer...but what about a protein mudslide (ok, so it sounds really REALLY dirty, tehehehe)? Plenty of tasty choc powders....what if we add a little Frangelico and cake Pinnacle vodka? 

Hehehehe~

tumblr_nenwgrncmK1tnp66oo1_500.gif

Add some coffee and you've got a winner!  Although the calories may outweigh the protein benefits... ^^;

• Like 1

So... I guess I'm just weird for liking rock/metal (I really should buy tickets to the 2 concerts I want to go to...). I'll drink beer and like good beer but will take a good gin drink over beer any day. ... I know I know, gin is an acquired taste >.<. Sue me for being me but straight liquor = less calories then beer or wine :P.

Based on what I've read about protein 0.8g/lb is for full body weight and 1.0g/lb is for lean body mass. I've also seen mention that you get the most bang for your muscle recovery buck at the 30g per meal level, going over 30g doesn't increase your recovery ability (I can find the source if you want). That's why serious lifters will eat every 3 hours or so.

I get my protein from cottage cheese for breakfast and then have meat (4-8 oz) at lunch and dinner with a protein snack at some point during the day which will typically get me to my 120ish grams. 

• Like 2

Beer and I definitely have an interesting relationship:

giphy.gif

I've been STOOPID restrictive of alcohol for a bit now just because I'm trying to exercise or something, but when I have a beer choice, I want a lager I can spread on toast with a knife.

• Like 3

Thank gaaawwwdd that whatever stuffiness or sinus whatever I had going on yesterday was just a fluke.  Or maybe it was the 3 disgusting cups of honey cinnamon tea I choked down.  (Seriously, I can't stand that stuff, all syrupy and sweet.. blaacccchhh~)

Today I woke up and lept out of bed inspired and feeling great and KILLED LEG DAY.  What am I turning into?!

tumblr_lhmmz3EkGb1qgy1ug.gif

I did 3 sets of each:

Jump squats - 20x3

Sneaky lunges - 20x3

Calf raises (normal, in, out) - 20x3

30 second wall squats - 3x

Ab-scissor - 20x3

Tornadoes - 2x3

Just now realizing I forgot curtsey squats.  UGH.  I need to write this stuff down on a paper.  I think next week I'm going to work up to doing weighted lunges and calf raises.  It's crazy but I really love lunges, I can get great range of motion and get into a super low knee bend, and my balance is perfect.  ... Never thought I'd be saying I love lunges.  (see: above gif)

Today it's going to hit 75 degrees out and I want to be outside so badly!  Unseasonably warm but I'll take it, I hate the winter.  Next week though, down in the 40's..... :( :( :( :(

Today I woke up and lept out of bed inspired and feeling great and KILLED LEG DAY.  What am I turning into?!

A SEXY BEAST

Today it's going to hit 75 degrees out and I want to be outside so badly!  Unseasonably warm but I'll take it, I hate the winter.  Next week though, down in the 40's..... :( :( :( :(

It's 1° right now, and stillskies is getting dressed to go run outside.

I think I'll just stay here under a blanket and three cats.

• Like 1

It's 1° right now, and stillskies is getting dressed to go run outside.

I think I'll just stay here under a blanket and three cats.

N..... no.... 1 degree.... just one...... ?!?!?!

tumblr_nctjneJQI41s0mbfho1_400.gif

• Like 1