Sin's Goddess is Changing It Up

UPDATED ON NOVEMBER 19TH

Due to feeling overwhelmed by my chakra challenge, I am changing things up.

I thought that having so many activities to choose from would stop me from getting bored or would take the pressure off having to do something I didn’t feel like doing that day. But that’s not what’s happening at all. I feel overwhelmed by the multitude of options I have each day, and I find it to be really easy to give into my laziness and not workout like I should because “Hey, I cleaned the house and went to bed on time!†This is not good. So while I love my chakra theme, I don’t think that it’s really helping me the way I thought it would so I’m completely changing the theme and format of my challenge. It’s not as fancy or as pretty as the chakra challenge, but I think it will be better for me. I sometimes forget that I really do need structure when it comes to working out and getting healthier.

Here is my new plan.

gallery_20066_1471_7927.jpg

GOAL 1: SWEAT IT OUT

Work out for 30 minutes every day.

This can be BUTI yoga, regular yoga, elliptical, hooping, belly dancing, kettlebells, body weight training, whatever. But it has to make me sweat.

gallery_20066_1471_18142.jpg

GOAL 2: EAT IT UP

Eat grain and dairy free.

White rice and butter/ghee are allowed, but that’s it. Exceptions will be made for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

gallery_20066_1471_16556.jpg

GOAL 3: SLEEP IT OFF

Establish regular sleep schedule.

In bed by 11pm on work nights. Out of bed by 5:30am on work days.

gallery_20066_1471_8735.jpg

GOAL 4: LET IT GO

Meditate every day.

At least five minutes of meditation every day. Attempt to do afternoon meditation at work, but not required.

For this challenge, I am focusing on balancing my chakras…they are wildly out of whack. Over the last few years, my lower three chakras have become very under-active. I think this mostly has to do with my weight gain and how I’ve allowed that to affect how I feel about my body and myself. The structure of this challenge will be very different from all of my previous challenges. I know this challenge is a bit more Druid-y than Assassin-y, but the Assassins are my tribe and I feel so supported here…I don’t want to go anywhere else!!

So. For this challenge, I have activities listed by the chakra I am associating them with and get a point for each activity I complete. I don’t have a set schedule, though I may end up developing one around the exercising activities, I just want to try to incorporate as much as I can as often as I can. At an absolute minimum, I must do two activities per chakra each week, but I’m really hoping to do much more than that. My “score card†is still under development, but it’s gonna be SO pretty!

Here’s the extremely shortened version, in case you don’t have time to read everything now.

I need to balance my chakras. I will incorporate various activities to help me balance them.

Crown: meditation // Third Eye: keep a dream journal // Throat: journal, sing // Heart: spend time with friends and family // Navel: eat healthy (no cow’s milk, minimal gluten/grains, no late night snacking, minimal alcohol, minimal sugary treats), work on Epic Quest // Sacral: belly dancing drills, hooping practice, writing exercises // Root: BUTI yoga, keep house clean, in bed by 11pm, wake up by 5am

Crown Chakra, Self-Knowledge, â€œI am connected to my spiritâ€

My crown chakra is under-active (-6%). Not very surprising. I haven’t really established or participated in any type of regular spiritual practice in quite some time. And as I don’t see myself going to a place of worship anytime soon, I’ll be starting my own practice at home. Basically, I’m going to start meditating. Five minutes is the goal for each “session†and that is what will earn my point for that day. I’d like to get into the habit of a longer meditation session every day, but I know that will take time. Baby steps.

Third Eye Chakra, Self-Reflection, â€œMy mind, body and spirit are connectedâ€

My third eye chakra is open (38%). I’ve always been very imaginative and visual, so this does not come as a surprise. And since this chakra is in such great shape, I’m not going to be focusing on it too much this challenge. My activity for this chakra is to keep a dream journal. I want to write down my dreams upon waking, and then spend some time working them out. I used to do this a lot when I was younger and I found it to be very insightful. I may even share some bits of my dreams here. 

Throat Chakra, Self-Expression, â€œI trust my inner voice, I express myself freelyâ€

My throat chakra is open (6%). I’m doing pretty okay here. Over the last year or so, I’ve really improved with expressing my thoughts and feelings, but there’s always room for improvement in that area, at least for me. Soooo…I’ll be keeping a journal. I’m not sure yet if I will be combining it with my dream journal, have a separate one, or use my blog. There are a couple of other writing activities in two other chakras, so we’ll see… Additionally, I want to start singing again. Literally use my voice to express myself. I’m thinking that even just singing in the shower will be a good start, but I’d like to sing more often. I used to sing a lot and I really miss it. 

Heart Chakra, Self-Acceptance, â€œI feel love, I am open to give and receive loveâ€

My heart chakra is open (31%). I’m doing really well here. Especially lately. So my activity for this chakra is mainly for maintenance. I want to make more of an effort to see my friends and family. The holidays will help with the family part. And I have so many friends that I never see, it will be really nice to spend more time with them. This will take some effort on my part as I really like staying at home, but I’d really like to see the people I love more often! 

Navel Chakra, Self-Definition, â€œI am connected to my emotions, I am confidentâ€

My navel chakra is under-active (-44%). Yeah…not too hot. While I am often in touch with my emotions, I sometimes let them get the best of me. For example, I still eat my emotions. Not all of the time, but I do. Which is why one of the activities for this chakra is healthy eating. Healthy eating for me is: no cow’s milk, minimal gluten/grains, no late night snacking, minimal alcohol, minimal sugary treats. Not too bad. Another way that I let my emotions get the best of me is when I start getting down on myself for not being further along in life (no Bachelor’s degree, no car, have debts, etc.) or having not everything figured out – both of which are very silly to get upset about. I’m very happy with my life and would never want to go back and change anything, plus, no one has everything figured out!! But to help myself get those feelings under control, I am going to start developing my Epic Quest. I feel that that will help me to feel more in control of my life when I start getting down on myself. And I think I’ll feel more confident when I have a path for my life. Not every detail will be worked out (which is impossible!) but I will be choosing the direction I want my life to go in, and that will help a lot!

Sacral Chakra, Self-Gratification, â€œI have the right to feel and wantâ€

My sacral chakra is under-active (-38%). Not good. This is an area that I’ve struggled with for a while. The creative side only more recently, but my self-worth has suffered a lot over the last few years. I have allowed my weight gain to change how I feel about myself and dictate what I can or can’t, or should or shouldn’t do. So, my activities for this chakra will help me stay in touch with my body and will help me tap back in to my creativity. I want to start hooping and practicing my belly dancing drills again. A fifteen-minute practice will earn my point, but I’m totally okay with doing more! And I want to start writing again. I miss it. I used to write all of the time. I have journals full of old poetry and short stories and yet I haven’t written anything in so long! I have a deck of writing prompts that I want to start using again. Some are for poems, some are for short stories, some are for songs…I don’t care which I pull on the days I write, I just want to start writing again. Writing really helps me feel more in touch with myself. I’ve really missed it.

Root Chakra, Self-Preservation, â€œI have the right to existâ€

My root chakra is under-active (-62%). Yikes! This one is bad, and I’m not really surprised. As I’ve mentioned in a few other chakras, I’ve really allowed my weight gain to affect how I see myself and how I treat myself. I’ve stopped having a regular routine and I’ve been seriously slacking with keeping my house and temple (my “office†downstairs) in order. Slacking on the basics is only hurting me in the long run. I’ve allowed my foundation to become weak. Not okay. This chakra needs the most work, by far. Most of the activities for this chakra need to be done daily. Exercise. I know I have the hooping practice and belly dancing drills for the sacral chakra, but I need more exercise than that. I’m really loving the BUTI yoga workouts, so they will continue to be my main source of exercise. House cleaning. My house is dirty. I don’t like it and it physically drains me. It needs deep cleaning, uncluttering, and just some basic tidying up at the end of the day. I will spend at least thirty minutes a day cleaning my house. It sounds like a lot, but it really isn’t. Sleep. I need to have a regular bedtime and wakeup time, at least on work days. In bed by 11pm, up by 5am. When I’m consistent and eating well, I do just fine on six hours. Getting this chakra to a stronger and more balanced place with help align all of the rest. You can’t build a strong house without a strong foundation!

I know this seems like a LOT, there’s not as much going on as it seems, and not everything is being done all day, every day. I gave myself so many activities so that I wouldn’t have to keep doing the same things over and over again and end up getting bored or frustrated. If I need to make a change I will, but I think this is going to be really great. I need to start taking care of myself in ways that I’ve been neglecting. I’m looking forward to the positive changes this shift in focus is going to bring about!!

• Like 6

The Introverted Goddess

Level 5 || STR 9 || DEX 6 || STA 6 || CON 12 || WIS 13 || CHA 7

Current Challenge: The Introverted Goddess is......

Past Challenges as Sin's Goddess: #1  #2  #3W  #3A  #4  #5  #6  #7  #8

STARTING STATS
Taken on November 9th
Weight: 187.5# (up 4.7# since Sept 9th)
Body Fat: 43% (up 1.3% since Sept 9th)
Bust: 39" (up .75" since Sept 9th)
Chest: 35" (2.25" since Sept 9th)
Waist: 32.5" (up .75" since Sept 9th)
Tummy: 37.5" (down 2.25" since Sept 9th)
Hips: 42" (same since Sept 9th)
Bum: 46.5" (down .25" since Sept 9th)
Upper Thighs: 28.25" (down .75" since Sept 9th)
Above Knees: 17.5 (down .25" since Sept 9th)

Both ups and downs in the last month. Looking forward to getting the numbers down by the new year!!

PROGRESS PHOTOS
Taken on November 9th
In my undies...beware!!

gallery_20066_1471_128815.jpg

The Introverted Goddess

Hi Sin's Goddess!

I do not know how many of the other assassins know about (or believe in) chakras, but I will follow you to see how you go about improving that balance and strength, as well as learning more about how you know when they are out of whack. :)

• Like 1

So I am curious- how did you get the numerical representations of how open your chakras are?

• Like 2

Hi Sin's Goddess!

I do not know how many of the other assassins know about (or believe in) chakras, but I will follow you to see how you go about improving that balance and strength, as well as learning more about how you know when they are out of whack. :)

This is a cool idea.  i'm interested in how you're going to get better in touch with these areas.  

Interesting topic idea, really looking forward to see how you get along with this! Subbed :)

I've always been drawn to the images and concept of chakras. I've been doing a bit of research on them, but I am definitely not an expert! So....I think that most people (whether they realize it or not) deal with their chakras on a regular basis. Some think of it as energy or qi or shakti or fulfilling Maslow's hierarchy of needs. I think this webpage does a pretty okay job of showing a few ways of understanding chakras: http://mychakras.wordpress.com/2008/05/26/what-are-chakras/. For me, it's about making sure that all of the different areas of my life are in balance, and the chakra system gives me a way to visualize and organize my thoughts and feelings about what is going on in my life.

How do I know when I/they are out of whack? I just feel it I guess. Though it took me a while to pay attention, here’s where I’m at…..I've put on ~60 pounds in the last six years and it's been very difficult for me. In the beginning, I was just upset that I was putting on some weight, and was too lazy to do anything about it. I was still small and cute and no one really said anything. But as the years went on, and I put on more weight, I started to get really down on myself. I said terrible things about myself and my body. I stopped spending time with friends and my family because I was embarrassed of my extra weight. Over the last year, I've realized that I was getting so down on myself because I had allowed my looks (aka being skinny) to define me as a person. When I was no longer skinny, I didn't know who I was or who to be. I stopped singing, I stopped playing the guitar, I stopped dancing. I just started obsessing with trying to be skinny again. Had I really been paying attention to what was going on with me, I would have realized much earlier on that the big issue wasn't my weight, it was my lack of identity. My inability to see my life past the extra weight. Enter the chakra system. And it is a system, each chakra effects the rest. So when your root chakra (or your foundation) is so ridiculously out of balance...so shattered and weak, all of the other chakras (or areas in your life) start to get out of whack. My weak root chakra/foundation started blocking my sacral chakra. I stopped feeling sexy, I stopped creating, I lost all self-confidence. How could I possibly be sexy or good at anything when I was so fat! Next came the navel chakra...with no sense of self and an overwhelming lack of confidence, I started to doubt everything in my life and started eating my emotions. I had no self-identity. And I lied, a lot. Mostly about food. I would eat a whole box of poptarts and a box of macaroni and cheese at work so my boyfriend didn't know that I'd had it. Or I'd not eat and tell him I did so that he wouldn't push me to eat something. I stopped going to school because I felt like I had no plan and was a failure for not having my bachelor's degree yet. On to the heart chakra. I started to doubt that my boyfriend really loved me. How could he love a big fat, plan-less, not good at anything woman? And I stopped loving myself. I hated looking in mirrors, but when I did I said the worst things about my body and myself. It was at this point (about a year ago) that I realized that I was on this terrible downward spiral. I had allowed my foundation, core and heart to be affected by 60 pounds of fat. Looking back, I can see where/when each chakra went out of whack. Had I really been looking, I could have done something sooner. So I know this is probably more information than you were asking for, and I'm sorry if it seems like I rambled on a bit...I'm just trying to explain this as best I can. :)  This chart shows some physical and emotional associations for each chakra: http://chakraenergy.com/chart.html.

As for getting back in touch with and balancing my chakras, that’s what this challenge is for! I’ve chosen a few things for each charka that will help me tape back into the energy or parts of myself that I’ve lost. I’ll definitely be doing some more reading/research and will absolutely share it here!

So I am curious- how did you get the numerical representations of how open your chakras are?

Same!

Also, sub'd ;)

As for the numbers, I took an online test. I've taken it a few times over the last few years and the results always lined up with how I'm feeling and where I am in life. Though I (obviously) didn't listen to the results or do anything about it...

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest.php

• Like 4

The Introverted Goddess

You have put so much thought into all of this, and have so much self-awareness. I anticipate a successful challenge for you. :)

• Like 2

This is so interesting, I love it. Thanks for sharing your background and research with us!

Sent from my iPhone while riding a unicorn through the cosmos.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Wow - great information.  I'm going to read it and think a bit.  But here's to a successful - and colorful - challenge!!!

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

The research on the chakra points (and what they mean) are super interesting.  And that test is pretty bang on too.  I'm going to have to take a closer look at some of these.

Your self awareness and your understanding of what/when went downhill in the past is a boon.  That's a major acheivement imo because I've seen friends who can't pin point this type of stuff or understand the reasons/catalysts behind it and never fix it.  And talking about it (as well as your pics last challenge) is super brave.  Thanks for sharing (you're not rambling, just getting it off your chest so-to speak) :)

You're totally going to rock this challenge :D

• Like 2

Challenges | Current |

Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | MFP

OOOOOOO SPARLY!!!  - Jenyne Butterfly (Shit Pole Dancers Say)

I need more Mighty Grip.  Do you have more Mighty Grip?  - Steven Retchless (Shit Pole Dancers Say) 

I've always been drawn to the images and concept of chakras. I've been doing a bit of research on them, but I am definitely not an expert! So....I think that most people (whether they realize it or not) deal with their chakras on a regular basis. Some think of it as energy or qi or shakti or fulfilling Maslow's hierarchy of needs. I think this webpage does a pretty okay job of showing a few ways of understanding chakras: http://mychakras.wordpress.com/2008/05/26/what-are-chakras/. For me, it's about making sure that all of the different areas of my life are in balance, and the chakra system gives me a way to visualize and organize my thoughts and feelings about what is going on in my life.

How do I know when I/they are out of whack? I just feel it I guess. Though it took me a while to pay attention, here’s where I’m at…..I've put on ~60 pounds in the last six years and it's been very difficult for me. In the beginning, I was just upset that I was putting on some weight, and was too lazy to do anything about it. I was still small and cute and no one really said anything. But as the years went on, and I put on more weight, I started to get really down on myself. I said terrible things about myself and my body. I stopped spending time with friends and my family because I was embarrassed of my extra weight. Over the last year, I've realized that I was getting so down on myself because I had allowed my looks (aka being skinny) to define me as a person. When I was no longer skinny, I didn't know who I was or who to be. I stopped singing, I stopped playing the guitar, I stopped dancing. I just started obsessing with trying to be skinny again. Had I really been paying attention to what was going on with me, I would have realized much earlier on that the big issue wasn't my weight, it was my lack of identity. My inability to see my life past the extra weight. Enter the chakra system. And it is a system, each chakra effects the rest. So when your root chakra (or your foundation) is so ridiculously out of balance...so shattered and weak, all of the other chakras (or areas in your life) start to get out of whack. My weak root chakra/foundation started blocking my sacral chakra. I stopped feeling sexy, I stopped creating, I lost all self-confidence. How could I possibly be sexy or good at anything when I was so fat! Next came the navel chakra...with no sense of self and an overwhelming lack of confidence, I started to doubt everything in my life and started eating my emotions. I had no self-identity. And I lied, a lot. Mostly about food. I would eat a whole box of poptarts and a box of macaroni and cheese at work so my boyfriend didn't know that I'd had it. Or I'd not eat and tell him I did so that he wouldn't push me to eat something. I stopped going to school because I felt like I had no plan and was a failure for not having my bachelor's degree yet. On to the heart chakra. I started to doubt that my boyfriend really loved me. How could he love a big fat, plan-less, not good at anything woman? And I stopped loving myself. I hated looking in mirrors, but when I did I said the worst things about my body and myself. It was at this point (about a year ago) that I realized that I was on this terrible downward spiral. I had allowed my foundation, core and heart to be affected by 60 pounds of fat. Looking back, I can see where/when each chakra went out of whack. Had I really been looking, I could have done something sooner. So I know this is probably more information than you were asking for, and I'm sorry if it seems like I rambled on a bit...I'm just trying to explain this as best I can. :)

This is amazingly well worded and self aware!! Now you know your starting point and can work on changing it!

Very impressed!

• Like 1

Update: Week 1, Day 1

Crown: ---

Third Eye: I made a note in my journal, but I didn't remember my dreams at all. I imagine they must have been weird though, I watched CSI as I was falling asleep.

Throat: I wrote in my journal. Just some basic thoughts about the current challenge.

Heart: ---

Navel: I ate really well! Bulletproof coffee for breakfast, chicken and zucchini for lunch, turkey meatballs and red sauce over a small portion of pasta for dinner. No late night snacks, no alcohol.

Sacral: ---

Root: I had the day off, and I didn't wake up at 5am because I totally didn't have to! I did a LOT of house cleaning. Organized the kitchen cupboards. Finished the laundry. Straightened up the garage so that I have a nice clean and clear path to get to my bike in the mornings. 

I'm feeling really great about this challenge!! I think that organizing my challenge in a different way than I have in the past is going to make a big difference in how successful I will be. Taking the pressure of a rigid schedule off of my shoulders is already helping. I didn't work out yesterday. And that's okay! I spent a lot of time cleaning and organizing my house, writing in my journal, and planning DIY Christmas gifts for my loved ones. By the time dinner rolled around, I still hadn't worked out, but I didn't feel bad about it. I felt accomplished. I ate healthy all day, so it's not like there was any "bad food to work off".

I've updated my measurements, and will post starting photos today. Also, I did a fit test yesterday and will post those results today as well. I figure measurements, photos and fit tests will give me a really great way to analyze and track my progress. The measurements and photos capture how things are changing on the outside, but the fit tests will show how things are changing on the inside, and that's what I really want to focus on. 

This is going to be a great challenge!!!

gallery_20066_1471_32288.jpg

• Like 5

The Introverted Goddess

Ooo I like the table! Makes it very easy to visualize your accomplishments!

Thanks! I'm a big fan of the table :)

The Introverted Goddess

Very nice table - in fact, a work of art and functionality combined.

• Like 2

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

So, I just uploaded my current photos to the top of my challenge thread. I saved them to the same folder that my September photos are in, and ended up looking at them side by side...I've lost more fat than I've thought! I've gained weight and fat and a few inches (I've lost a few inches around the middle too) over the last couple of months, and with my slacking off over the last month or so, I thought I would be bigger, or at least the same, but I'm not!! It was more encouraging than I thought!!

I'm hiding them since I'm in my undies. September photos are on top.

gallery_20066_1471_42505.jpg

gallery_20066_1471_128815.jpg

• Like 4

The Introverted Goddess

Very nice table - in fact, a work of art and functionality combined.

Thanks Chris. I find it encouraging to see all of my boxes being filled with X's. :) Just an extra layer of motivation!

• Like 1

The Introverted Goddess