Femmetrooper's First Challenge

She set down her walking stick.

Never again. She said. Never again would she be required to lean. She would stand proudly on her own two feet, and nothing could stop her.

She looked to the forest and the mountain beyond which lay before her.

I will conquer you.

She began her run through the forest, dodging the ghouls that tried to stop her, outpacing them but only just barely. She knew if she was ever to become the assassin she dreamed to be, she had a long way to go.

Her mind had always been sharp, but her body had crippled her for a long time, and it was now time to stretch her legs.

MAIN QUEST

A brief intro – I have been sick, most of my life. After walking with a cane for 3 years, in a wheelchair for several months, chemo, and 7 surgeries I am now walking on my own. I’m skinny, but squishy, and looking to actually be fit; to have some muscle on these squishy skinny limbs. I am now able to enjoy active hobbies like kayaking and rock climbing and trail running. I also work in a laboratory all day so it’s nice to get outside in the fresh air occasionally.

So my main quest - To be able to climb a 5.10b route. (Currently  at about a 5.8+)

Quest 1 – Climbing into Mordor (+3 STR +1 DEX)

The only way to get better at climbing is to do it! A lot! Fortunately with a gym membership to my local rock gym it is doable! I will climb 3 days every week, with the goal of completing at least one 5.9 route before the challenge time is up.

A – At the gym 3 days a week, successfully climb a 5.9.

B – At the gym 3 days a week (only missing maybe 1 or 2 days), unable to finish 5.9

C – Only climb 1-2 times per week. I simply couldn’t make it into Mordor.

Quest 2 – Running with Orcs (+2 STA)

I’ve never been much of a runner. Never have really been able to. I would like to change that! So I’m currently doing the Zombies Run 5K program! So I would like to dedicate at least 2 days per week to completing Zombies Run episodes/challenges.

A – Successfully complete 2 Zombies Run programs per week.

C – Successfully complete 1 Zombies Run program per week.

Quest 3 – Chasing the night (+2 CON)

I have always been an insomniac, with a very weird sleep schedule. I’ve also recently gone from working night shift (12:00 – 7:00am) to a day shift 7:00-4:00. Shifting to that schedule has been difficult. So I’m setting a bedtime for myself. Going to be in bed (and not reading/playing some game/etc) by 10:30, and wake up in time for work at 6:00 every day. Weekends I will permit myself to stay up until 12:00 and no later (considering I prefer 3-4:00 this is a big step) and waking up by at least 8:30.

A – stick to my schedule every day.

B – 1-3 slack days

C – More than 3 days failing my schedules.

Side Quest - Bibliomancer (+2 WIS)

Writing has been a hobby of mine, almost since I could read. Unfortunately I never have the drive to finish anything that I start. So I’m participating in NaNoWriMo for the first time this year, and while I’m not sure if I’ll get 50,000 words in in November I for sure will by the time this challenge is over!

A – 50,000 words in November

B – 50,000 words by December

C – 30-45,000 words by December

• Like 2

Femmetrooper

Amazon Assassin | Level 2

|| STR 6 || DEX 3 || STA 4 || CON 4 || WIS 3 || CHA 1 ||

Introduction

Challenges: Running with Orcs, At the base of Cirith Ungol , Facing Shelob,

Battle Log: Climbing into Mordor

"Well, all good stories deserve embellishment.

You'll have a tale or two of your own to tell when you get back."

"Can you promise that I will come back?"

"No. And if you do, you will not be the same."

A very nifty challenge ... I approve!

Half-Ork Scout Leader
Running PRs : 5K 24m16s | 10K 53m32s | 15K 1h18m09s | Half Marathon 2h1m44s | Marathon 4h42m2s 
Past Challenges #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13  #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22
                               #23 #24 #25 #26 #27 #28 #29 #30 #31 #32 #33 #34 #35 #36 #37
Current Challenge : ----

you are an exceptionally strong human being to have come through your trials and still want more and more out of life. I'm looking forward to seeing what you can do :D

You might notice that I've added tags onto your thread.  This is not to pigeonhole you into a specific guild, but rather to attract the attention of the guild ambassadors because of your lifestyle or a grouping of goals, so that they might be able to motivate, encourage and advise you of anything during your challenge with us.  You don't even need to wait for them, you're welcome to pop into the Assassins to say hi and introduce yourself and to see what they're about. Also you are more than welcome to drop me a line at any time if you need anything.

Good luck

AB xx

Half Faerie (Sidhe) Scout | Black Belt Kitchen Ninja
"A positive attitude will not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort" - Herm Albright
You're welcome to skype me (audriwolf) too but let me know who you are

My challenge

It sounds like you've really thought through everything and set some realistic goals.  Ambitious, yes.  But sounds like you're very self-motivated and welcome the challenge to stretch your willpower.  Bravo!

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

You're amazing.

Seriously, amazing. 'Nuff Said. =D

I see we have a fellow climber! I'm a boulderer mainly, and climbing's going to be a big part of my challenge too. I'm looking forward to your progress in this challenge!

Best of luck. =D

SugarRay Lycan - Monk

Level 4 - STR : 5 | DEX : 8 | STA : 3 | CON : 5 | WIS : 8 | CHA : 1

Challenges: No. 1 - No.2 - No.3 - No.3: SugarRay's Comeback Match.

I feel you on the sleep thing. I always take about 90 minutes to fall asleep; more if it's a bad night.

Level 1 Hobbit Ranger
STR 2 | DEX 0 | STA 3 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHR 0
"You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to roll over and float on his back, then you got something." - Joe E. Lewis

First challenge waist 48.25" to 44.25":
43.75%
43.75%
Beastmaster's Current Weight Loss Progress 267 lb to 165 lb.: 239.0 current
27.5%
27.5%

Hooray for more climbers! I agree that you're amazing and powerful for making it through so many obstacles. Good luck with your challenge!

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

I don't climb but I hike the mountains that have tons of scrambling and don't have technical climbs. Its such an amazing feeling getting to the top :) I absolutely love your challenge and your motivation is awesome. Good luck!

Sent by TARDIS delivery service. Apologies for typos caused by interactions with the time vortex.

Hello Femmetrooper and Welcome!

My name is Amdhiel and I’m an ambassador for the Assassin Guild. I see that your challenge includes a few things that we Assassins enjoy and we’d love to help you crush your goals!

If you want to gather some more information about the guild, stop buy the Info & Announcements thread to find out what’s happening. If you want to find someone with similar interests, including rock climbing, peruse the Assassin Phonebook.

If you want to get to know our crazy guild better or just ask a question stop by The Assassins Den or the Assassins Initiates thread for Level 1’s and introduce yourself. We’re a friendly and supportive guild so don’t be shy about sending us messages or asking for help!

If you ever have any questions or need any help, please let me or any Assassin Ambassador know.  You can get in touch with me by posting in my challenge thread or by sending me a private message.

The Ambassadors and I will be checking in on you from time to time to see how you’re doing. Remember that most successful path is one that includes plenty of support. You're an amazingly strong person and I know you can crush those goals!

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

ninjakitteh.jpg

Just stopping by to see how the first few days are going .....

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Hey there!  I've heard from you via the PM system this week, but post up your progress here so we can keep cheering you on! ^_^

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for the support and well wishes!

Things have been going pretty amazingly!

I have been climbing AT LEAST 3 days a week, and it's been fantastic! Routes that I'd never dreamed about attempting I can now make it up! I'm moved from a 5.8+ to a 5.9+/5.10a! I'm thinking of upping my climbing goals to 5.11a or so, I know it will take me a long time but that's part of the fun!

I've been running twice a week, like I planned, I don't enjoy it near as much but it's still going well, and the weather has been nice for trail running.

I've actually been sleeping at night, maybe not consistently, but better than before, so yay progress.

I kind of fell off the boat with NaNoWriMo, unfortunately I've been writing a lot for work so it doesn't leave much left creativity-wise.

I've also started doing yoga! Not sure why I'd never tried it before! I'm getting more flexible than I've ever been in my life!

I'm starting to run out of time in a day to do all of these things, but I just can't stop, I'm having too much fun!

• Like 2

Femmetrooper

Amazon Assassin | Level 2

|| STR 6 || DEX 3 || STA 4 || CON 4 || WIS 3 || CHA 1 ||

Introduction

Challenges: Running with Orcs, At the base of Cirith Ungol , Facing Shelob,

Battle Log: Climbing into Mordor

"Well, all good stories deserve embellishment.

You'll have a tale or two of your own to tell when you get back."

"Can you promise that I will come back?"

"No. And if you do, you will not be the same."

Yay, you're back!  I was hoping you were just too busy being awesome to post. ^_^

I ended up putting NaNo away myself as well in favor of other things, so I feel you.  But wow, such great work on the climbing!!!!  Great all across the board, really.

Time to update your signature, Amazon sister!  You're a level 1 now!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Sounds like you're having a great challenge - stop by and tell us how you wrapped up!!

be_strong_inspirational_quote_print_11x1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk