Artemis12 - Keep going

Hey there everybody!!

Last challenge went pretty well all things considered. My absolute main goal is to keep going and keep up with the momentum that was established last challenge.

Goal 1: workout three times a week. 2STR, 1STA, 1DEX

Goal 2: stretch three times a week for fifteen minutes each. I was a little lax on this one last time. I'm gonna change it this go round. 2DEX, 1CON

Goal 3: I splurged and bought Zombies, run! 5k training. This is week one and I hope to do it every week. That involves three walk/runs a week. I have a pretty good feeling that I can pull this off. 3STA, 2CON

Life Goal: keep playing the piano everyday for about five minutes. 2CHA, 1WIS

I think that is pretty good. Everything is attainable and measureable. Last challenge I implemented a sort-of diet plan for me. I used to have snacks (the sugary kind) everyday about two or three o'clock in the afternoon. Now I have very little if any sugar all day and no snack of any kind in the afternoon, except on Fridays and Saturdays. Those are my very much needed cheat days. It has actually worked out pretty well for me. I have lost some weight on it, and for some reason I have not had very large sugar withdrawal feelings.

• Like 4

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Hello, fellow Runner 5! Loving your goals, and the piano one is fantastic. I used to play the piano but I haven't touched it seriously in years. These days it's more to pluck out pitches for singing. ;;;

Best of luck to you!!

• Like 1

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

So far so good on the week. There was the shin splint problem, which is healing very very nicely. I will not be counting the "runs" I miss against my grade. I have been consistent with my workouts. I need to get one more stretch in. I think I will do it tonight. I did miss a piano session yesterday, but yesterday was pretty hectic. Last night I went to a dance till about midnight. I really don't dance, but last night was a blast! It was also cowboy themed so of course we had to do a line dance. That was confusing. Some of the songs ended halfway through because everyone got messed up and it was a train wreck. But it was so much fun.

I have to say that when I first heard the episode I was pretty shocked, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense. I never got mad at them for not telling me. I understood why they didn't. Now it just makes me wonder what their daily lives are like from their point of view. Episode 50 I think is the next really big story reveal. There are some small ones in between, but the big one is 50. What do you think about the challenges? I never liked them. To me they just get in the way of the story.

• Like 2

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

So far so good on the week. There was the shin splint problem, which is healing very very nicely. I will not be counting the "runs" I miss against my grade. I have been consistent with my workouts. I need to get one more stretch in. I think I will do it tonight. I did miss a piano session yesterday, but yesterday was pretty hectic. Last night I went to a dance till about midnight. I really don't dance, but last night was a blast! It was also cowboy themed so of course we had to do a line dance. That was confusing. Some of the songs ended halfway through because everyone got messed up and it was a train wreck. But it was so much fun.

I have to say that when I first heard the episode I was pretty shocked, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense. I never got mad at them for not telling me. I understood why they didn't. Now it just makes me wonder what their daily lives are like from their point of view. Episode 50 I think is the next really big story reveal. There are some small ones in between, but the big one is 50. What do you think about the challenges? I never liked them. To me they just get in the way of the story.

The challenges are soo annoying!! I'm still pretty confused but yeah episode 39 revealed a fair bit and I understand why they hid it. I'm just impatient to know the whole story which of course is the whole point :D. I finished episode 40 today so tomorrow will hopefully be escaping from the facility without dying >.<.

Glad to hear your challenge related stuff is going well and that you got to have some fun yesterday! I agree with not hitting your grade for the missed runs due to the shin splints. I hope they stop bugging you soon so you can get back to 5k training. I'll be doing episode 5 tomorrow if all goes well :D.

• Like 1

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

When I first heard about Zombies, run! I didn't think that I would want to use it, because I never really ran. But when I saw The Walk app I thought that sounded more appropriate. A few episodes into it I said to myself that if Zombies, run! was half as good as The Walk then it would be worth it for the story alone. Then I saw the 5k training and it sounded perfect.

Something really cool happened today. I went out for a walk today. There is a fire station that is pretty close to my house, and I stopped by there today to see if I could warm up for a few minutes. They offered me a ride home in their firetruck! It was awesome!

• Like 1

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

When I first heard about Zombies, run! I didn't think that I would want to use it, because I never really ran. But when I saw The Walk app I thought that sounded more appropriate. A few episodes into it I said to myself that if Zombies, run! was half as good as The Walk then it would be worth it for the story alone. Then I saw the 5k training and it sounded perfect.

I totally understand what you mean and it's the same reason I started with The Walk. I tried doing some test walk/runs back in September before my first challenge and the results were underwhelming so I focused on other stuff. After that it finished up I tried again and was pleasantly surprised. Who knew that strength training and dropping weight would have such a big impact on my ability to run (well I knew but I was still surprised). That led me to think the 5k app was doable :D.

Something really cool happened today. I went out for a walk today. There is a fire station that is pretty close to my house, and I stopped by there today to see if I could warm up for a few minutes. They offered me a ride home in their firetruck! It was awesome!

That is awesome! Such a fun way to get to warm up and get home all at once! :D

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

I only wish I could have some snow, until it gets here. ;)

So far so good on everything. I missed a piano session yesterday. I had guests over and after they left I was very busy appeasing my siblings by getting the tree decorated and everything else decorated too. Hopefully I will be able to get a stretching session in today. I did run for about three and a half minutes today. Personal record! I have been working out consistently and this week I had increased my pushup limit.

How has "The Walk" been going? Any exciting developments? ;)

• Like 2

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Hmmm I finished episode 42 and got stuck cuz I need to do a challenge. I always forget to map out a path and then get stuck [emoji21]. I think I left it where it was determined that there is another way to control Mary Anne and Charlie.

I think I managed to run 4-4.5 minutes straight yesterday. I'm finding that my biggest challenge is convincing myself that I can keep running for longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assassin

#3, #2, #1

I really hate those challenges. There is no need for them. There are only 51 episodes, so you are almost there!

I believe that the person who voices Runner 10 voice either Magnus or Giles. I could never tell which one was Magnus and which one was Giles.

I also might not be able to walk tomorrow. I just got back from a Parkour lesson. Holding a squat for forty seconds three times can be quite painful, but in a good way. There is one thing I do know, I am going to sleep well tonight. :)

• Like 2

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge

Turns out that I can walk today! That is really good because I will have to walk up four flights of stairs for school today. One of my classes for school got out three weeks early. That class was on the fourth floor, so instead of the six flights of stairs I only have the two.

I did miss my stretching yesterday. I will have to get them in a lot earlier in the week if I want to get them in. Also, earlier in the day.

I was really lucky when I found my parkour teacher. As it turns out, he has trained with several members of the Yamakasi (seven of the nine original founders of parkour). Pretty much what they teach, he teaches me. A lot of it is mind over body stuff. That is perhaps the hardest part of parkour.

• Like 2

Ranger - Level 7

My Character

Current Challenge