• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jill Beat

Wesley Crushers - Level 1s/Adventurers

tv-the_big_bang_theory-2007_-sheldon_coo

This accountabilibuddies group really has nothing to do with Star Trek (sorry to disappoint!).  But we're the Wesley Crushers not the Wesley Crushers!! ;)

This is my first every accountabilibuddies group, but I've been doing NF 6 week challenges for over a year now.  Some successfully, and others less successfully.  I'd love to use my experiences to help others, especially those starting out!  

So why the Wesley Crushers?  This:

Sometimes, even on Nerd Fitness, I feel like I don't belong.  Which is ridiculous, because NF is pretty much a place for those of us that don't belong.  But sometimes I just don't feel "nerdy enough", especially when I see other people's huge story-like challenges centered around epic nerd things like Firefly or LOTR.  I told a friend here that, and he sent me the above video...I might have cried a bit.  

So if you feel like you don't belong, and you need some support, this is the group for you.  If your goals are generally focusing on eating right (whatever that means to you) and moving more/better/stronger/etc.  you'll fit right in (if these aren't your goals, that's okay too!)  

I hope to see this group fill up and have some fun! :)  If you have any questions or anything, check out my challenge thread or PM me!  

• Like 2

This looks fantastic, Jill! I could definitely use the group accountability. I've signed up on the spreadsheet and will have my Level 1 challenge up shortly!

• Like 2

I'm just popping in to say hey, and good luck to those first timers! If you post links to your challenges, I will try to check those out as well. Nowadays, I just hang out in my Battle Log, but the challenges (and accountability groups) are a great way to stay motivated.

• Like 2

This is my first challenge, and my nerderies are all over the place but I love Sheldon, and the video you posted is awesome... "Its not about what you love, but how you love it." Awesome!! I'm in, if you'll have me :D

• Like 1

I'm a massive Wil Wheaton fan. So much of what he says is perfect for us NF folks! It's my second challenge, and my first with the Adventurers. Will post my current challenge thread soon. Thanks for starting the group!

• Like 1

Hi all!

I'm making my way around to each of your challenge threads, but I wanted to do a general ask - how's day one going for everyone? Good? Fantastic? Probablycouldabeenbetter? (Pick an adjective!)

-M

• Like 2

Got room for one more? This is my 3rd challenge. I would like to consider myself an experienced beginner, since I don't really do these things back to back. 

• Like 1

My day one has been alright. Everything is on track. It was my bf's birthday so I took of of work and went to see Interstellar at imax. It was good and very pretty.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Got room for one more? This is my 3rd challenge. I would like to consider myself an experienced beginner, since I don't really do these things back to back. 

Is there room for one more in the group? The sign up sheet is looking kind of full, but I'd love to join you all if I can. :)

Of course there is! :)  Welcome to the party!  ;)

• Like 1

Hurray! How's everybody doing today?  I started my day today with my usual smoothie. Yum.  I am doing a fitbit challenge this week with some friends. It's a simple challenge. Who can walk the most steps in a week.  No pressure.  Still, I like to win.  I'm currently up by like 4000 steps or something, but that's not much. Gotta improve my lead!!!

Crazy story.  When I got out of the shower this morning it was 59 degrees. An hour later I was pulling into work and it was 38! Yikes! Thank jeebus for heated car seats ;)

• Like 3

Alright, so I had a cute and funny BBT post all about the Roommate Agreement - which is on my computer at work - so rather than delaying this any more here is your first mini activity:

Get to know your roommates (and learn how to PM at the same time). Private message the person below you on the list to find out a little bit more about them and then come here and introduce your new friend to the group!  As them serious questions, silly questions, whatever you think might be entertaining for them to introduce them to everyone else.

If you're unsure how to PM someone, here's a lovely tutorial filled with screenshots and everything!  http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/50975-how-to-pm-and-follow/

And then on the flip side, you need to respond to the person who messaged you with your answers so that he/she can introduce you to the group!  

Just for clarity here's who you message:

Jill Beat -> KellyHun -> Ballad -> jle819 -> Xantho -> Cinderellis -> JerseyLightning -> Minna -> jdkc4d -> courtneyc -> Jill Beat