• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jill Beat

Wesley Crushers - Level 1s/Adventurers

Hurray! How's everybody doing today?  I started my day today with my usual smoothie. Yum. 

Welcome to the group! Just wondering--do you add protein to your smoothies? And also do you find you're full all the way till lunch? I love the idea of smoothies in the morning but am always afraid of the energy crash, and when I'm teaching I usually don't have time to eat until lunch. Any advice? :) 

My day is going pretty well. Went to my workout class and met my word count for the day. Now I have about 20 minutes of freedom before I pick up my wee one from preschool. 

Welcome also to the group! And congrats on freedom time, that's the best!! :D 

Welcome to the group! Just wondering--do you add protein to your smoothies? And also do you find you're full all the way till lunch? I love the idea of smoothies in the morning but am always afraid of the energy crash, and when I'm teaching I usually don't have time to eat until lunch. Any advice? :)

Welcome also to the group! And congrats on freedom time, that's the best!! :D

Here's my smoothie Recipe. Very Yum:

1 scoop of optimum nutrition whey protien. I usually get the strawberry flavor. 

1/2 cup local greek yogurt. I have been to the dairy, and even tried milking the cow. This stuff is amazing. 

1/2 cup of "smoothie fruit" - whatever blend of frozen fruit I'm up for.  Usually strawberries/blueberries, but recently I found one thats a mix of strawberry, blueberry, cherry, and pomegranate. 

1 smallish banana

1/4 cup of liquid. Sometimes water, sometimes a fruit juice. Today was acai juice. 

contents of align pro-biotic.

It does not hold me over to lunch. I usually bring a hard boiled egg with me. To hold me over till lunch. 

Things are going pretty well for me. I'm excited to go to a Serenity quote a long tonight at the Alamo Drafthouse (best theater in the world)!

Hope everyone's weekend is going great. Keep at it!

Ahem, ahem, can I have your attention everybody?  I'd like to introduce one of our accountabilibuddies!  I'm gonna just put the question/answers here, cuz I'm not much of a writer and yeah . . . this is about the only time I've ever done something like this!  So without further ado . . . .

dragonwriting.jpg

Xantho

Q1: What makes you a "nerd"? What's your passion?  I don't think I fit in with most of the "nerds" on NF.  I'm not into video games or role playing or Star Trek/Star Wars or any of that.  But I'm quirky and goofy and silly and somewhat socially awkward at the worst possible moments. 
Q2: What is the biggest challenge you face in your fitness life? Time.  I have a 2 year old and a job that requires more than 40 hrs a week.  Planning meals just doesn't happen.
Q3: What obstacles have you already overcome, if any? Thanks to NerdFitness, I know what I need to do.  I am no longer paralyzed with the overwhelming amount of workout and dietary paths. 
Q4: Do you use any awesome apps to help you on your journey to rocking that bikini? I don't.  I did use SparkPeople and MyFitnessPal back in the day, but I would always lose interest.  I feel like friending people that really aren't ready/serious is basically slowing me down and deflating.  Plus, I ended up spending more time and attention on the games and chatting then the workouts. 
Q5: Hey, what color IS that bikini, anyway? I'm guessing it's got yellow polka-dots . . how far off am I?  Well I have many that I have collected over the years.  I bet that by this summer I will pick out a new, really special one though.
Q6: Your age is unknown on your profile . . . so perhaps you can just give us a ballpark range? (I'm ancient, I'm a college student, I'm middle aged, etc)  I will be 36 in March, OHMIGOD!!!
Q7: If there is one thing you wish the whole wide world knew about you, it would be . . . . ? Good question.  I don't know!
Q8: What is on your desktop wallpaper this very moment?  A picture of my daughter. 

coolbeans.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for getting us started on this jle819. I've been sitting on my partner's answers and wondering when I should post them here. Answer = now!

I got to interview our group founder JillBeat. Our Q&A went something like this:

Here're my basic stats: Female, 28 years old, living in Canada.  Working full time as an electrical engineer, part time as a fitness instructor.

Now the fun stuff

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

The chicken.  For this debate, I choose the side of creation and that the earth was populated with animals, not eggs.  lol  It makes a better mental picture for me.  But I also believe in evolution, so we're not going to get into a whole religious debate.  lol 

Now let's say you're going to be exiled to an island. Your physical needs will be met by what the island has to offer. However those imprisoning you decide to be generous and offer you one entertainment item. (No speedboats, helicopters, submarines, etc.. This is just to keep you from going completely mental, not give you a way off the island.) What would you request?

I would want craft implements.  Probably yarn and crochet hooks.  I can then make myself useful things, and keep myself occupied.  

Coffee or tea?

I love both, but coffee is the winner.  

Most creative/favorite Halloween costume you've ever worn?

I love halloween, and for grade 9 I made bubble wrap suits for my and my best friend like from dude where's my car.  She tried hers on 2 days before and got a terrible rash as a reaction to the plastic...and the costumes were never worn.   :(  

557_1.jpg

Name something you've always wanted to try but are scared to actually do.

This is a tough one....I'm really bad for not trying new things if I think I'm going to be bad at them.  I think I would have to put water skiing/wakeboarding in this category.  Yes.  That'll be my answer, water skiinig. 

I've started this challenge not with a bang, but with a whimper, I'm afraid - time to get serious about it. Summary to follow. How's everyone else doing?

• Like 2

Hi everyone! Hope week 2 is starting off well. Sorry for my sporadic participation--packing in lots of family time before I head back to the states.

Here's my Q&A with our new bestie, JerseyLightning :) I didn't get too fancy with the questions, but as I told them: nerdiness + excitement + pride in self = the Best.  (Realizing I don't know gender...recent set of 35 pushups indicates bad-assery either way! Hats off :) )

1. JL's most beloved nerderies are: Movies, tumblr, My Little Pony, Harry Potter, and Adventure Time!

2. JL is most excited about: Christmas, vacation, and the completion of their first six-week challenge

3. Lastly, I asked JL to describe at least one moment anytime in the past where they felt really proud: when I did my first pull up! It was a culmination of all my fitness efforts in six months  :D After that, I felt like I could do anything!

Yayyy!! *applause*

Things are going pretty well for me. I'm excited to go to a Serenity quote a long tonight at the Alamo Drafthouse (best theater in the world)!

Hope everyone's weekend is going great. Keep at it!

Serenity quote along!?!?! Hope it was tons of fun! :D

Here's my smoothie Recipe. Very Yum:

Thank you!! Good tip about the egg snack too, sounds pretty easy :)

• Like 1

I could use a little accountability fellow Wesley Crushers! I spent the better part of this week sick, and my resolve to exercise or even track my food disappeared. That's all well and good for a day or two, but now I'm 90% better and having a hard time getting back on track. 

So here's the plan: I'm going to commit to posting how I did with my daily goals on this board tomorrow evening. If you don't hear from me please call me out on it.

Thanks ahead of time to those who have the time/inclination to hold me to my word! Hope everyone else is making themselves proud this week no matter what it throws at you. :)

• Like 1

I could use a little accountability fellow Wesley Crushers! I spent the better part of this week sick, and my resolve to exercise or even track my food disappeared. That's all well and good for a day or two, but now I'm 90% better and having a hard time getting back on track. 

So here's the plan: I'm going to commit to posting how I did with my daily goals on this board tomorrow evening. If you don't hear from me please call me out on it.

Thanks ahead of time to those who have the time/inclination to hold me to my word! Hope everyone else is making themselves proud this week no matter what it throws at you. :)

Deal!

Sorry everyone, I've been really bad for not being around here too much.  :(  I'm working on getting around to everyone's topics.

And posting my introduction stuff...Here's the scoop on KellyHun

Alright, starting from the beginning - A/S/L, married/single/kids, what you do to pay the bills. 

Kelly is a 29 year old female in Austin Texas and pays the bills as an office worker.

1) If it payed the bills, I would do *blank* full time.

Volunteer, create, relax

2) What character in a video game you would want to be, and why?

I would want to be my WoW character, Jaci, she has such a fun personality and is a Druid so I picture her calm and relaxing and loves animals!  :)

3) It's freaky friday and you have switched bodies with a person of the opposite sex. What is the first thing you do?

Pee, hah!

4) A magazine is doing a feature article on you, what magazine is it, and what is the topic that they're interviewing you about? 

Shape, all the weight I am losing and healthy lifestyle!

Thanks Kelly!  

Alright fellow Wesley Crushers! I came close to blowing off my daily goals yet again today but knowing I would have to slink back here to tell you all gave me the extra push I needed to get things done.

Food Tracking: check!

Walk: check!

Daily Writing: check!

Thanks for the support in taking the first steps to get back on track. :)

• Like 3

If anyone is interested, I LOVE sending out Christmas cards, and if you would like to get one, PM me with your real name and address to be added to the list! There's no obligation to send one back, and I promise I'm not a stalker! ;) 

Alright fellow Wesley Crushers! I came close to blowing off my daily goals yet again today but knowing I would have to slink back here to tell you all gave me the extra push I needed to get things done.

Food Tracking: check!

Walk: check!

Daily Writing: check!

Thanks for the support in taking the first steps to get back on track. :)

Awesome job sticking to it and getting things done!! It's all about taking those first steps :)

A little about our friend Cinderellis:

1. You said your nerdiness is all over the place. What are your nerdy interests?
Here are my top nerd factors / interests: Reading, Art, Tolkein, Isaac Asimov, Game of Thrones (read them books!!), Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, D&D, WoW, EverQuest, Diablo, Tetris, Streets of Rage, Laser Tag, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

2. What is your typical weekend like?
My typical weekend is usually a fun revert back to non-adulthood (ha): staying up late watching movies and playing video games, sleeping in, eating massive amounts of breakfast food (working on the healthier part...) and trying to get outside more :)

3. How would you handle a zombie apocalypse?

As for handling a zombie apocalypse... I actually favor playing the undead characters *myself,* but if I were to try and survive I'd probably run off into the wilderness with friends and family (I know, trying to save loved ones is always risky, but my heart is too mushy) and use my architecture/carpentry skills to build a badass fortress :tongue: Luckily, too, I have a husband who loves all that survival in the wild stuff...so it might work? haha

4. What is your greatest temptation?

Tough one!! Food-wise it's definitely pasta and candy. Life-wise... Since I learn fast, I'm often tempted to just find the highest paying job (even if soul-draining) I can and put my head down and just do it, so I can afford a family and travel. HOWEVER, I have to stick to the tougher road making it as an artist / art teacher. I realize I'm still pretty lucky with that as an option, though!

5. Is November 15th too early for Christmas music?

Christmas music is ok only once there is permanent snow on the ground!! Or December, whichever comes first.

• Like 2

Does anyone have any paleo-esque ideas for "Holy hell I was a lazy bastard yesterday and didn't make anything for lunch for today/this week and will have to run to the grocery store at lunchtime."

Salads, dressings might be sketchy.  My grocery store has containers that are basically a rotisserie chicken shredded, hard boiled eggs, from the produce section - pre-cut fruit, veggies, berries, apples, bananas.  Deli meat (dependent on how strict you want to be, not the best idea, but not the worst if you pick higher quality meats).  Hope that helps, I go to the grocery store for lunches fairly often. 

Well the grocery experience was interesting yesterday. I've been in there many times at lunch, but yesterday it was wall to wall shoulder to shoulder people. And that's really surprising as it's a huge grocery store in kind of a ritzy area. I assumed it was all turkey day preparations until someone reminded me about the Ferguson decision was last night. People in stl tend to freak out. We call it a French toast party because everyone goes out and gets eggs, milk, and bread.

Anyway I don't do so well in large crowds. After the 4th or 5th person bumped into me I gave up and bought some hot dogs, buns, and some mustard. While definitely not the healthiest, it was quite tastey.