Granny Nogg's Challenge

Okay.  Time to give summaries from weeks 2 and 3 before I run into the end of week 4!

Challenge 1, Week 2, SUMMARY

Looking back, did I meet my goals for that week?

--Quest 1: Workout 3x that week:  No.  Only 2x.  

Increasing reps by 1: Yes.  

Score: C+ 

--Quest 2: Posting in forums 3x that week: Yes

Score: A 

--Quest 3:  Eat Paleo 5 days a week: No.  Food sensitivity to fresh fruits and veggies made this hard.  Transitioning to cooked fruits and veggies.  

Drinking 8 glasses of water in a day:  No.  About half, average

Getting to bed before ll: yes, but staying up late reading.  

Score:  C- 

--Life Quest:  6/4 in the studio:  No.  About half.  

5 hours working on video:  No.  I did work on prep work for it though. COMPLETED!  I posted about it here

Score: C-

Challenge 1, Week 3 SUMMARY (halfway point)

Looking back, did I meet my goals last week?

--Quest 1: Workout 3x that week:  No.  Only 2x.  

Increasing reps by 1: Yes.  And then some.  Nearly at goal for most of them. 

Score: B+ (88%)

Score: A (100%)

--Quest 3:  Eat Paleo 5 days a week: No.  Better after transitioning to cooked veggies, but still not full paleo.  However, did try new paleo recipes! 

Drinking 8 glasses of water in a day:  No.  average 3-6

Getting to bed before ll pm: Yes.  Only stayed up late reading a couple times.  

Score:  C (73%)

--Life Quest:  6/4 in the studio:  No.  About half.  

5 hours working on video:  Yes.  COMPLETED!  I posted about it here

Score: B (83%)

Hey, I get to level up, allocate stats, and adjust my goals and sig to reflect completed goals.  **Mischief Managed!**
  • Like 1

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

Ok, you're doing well on some goals and sticking with others.  That's pretty typical, really - even after many challenges, I still find habit change is DIFFICULT!!!

Keep at it.  Going paleo is particularly challenging and may take a while to accomplish.  Do you have to cook for others??

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Ok, you're doing well on some goals and sticking with others. That's pretty typical, really - even after many challenges, I still find habit change is DIFFICULT!!!

Keep at it. Going paleo is particularly challenging and may take a while to accomplish. Do you have to cook for others??

Yes I do have to cook for others who a) aren't interested in eating paleo and b)who who aren't allergic to wheat and dairy. So most of the time I'm having to cook 2 separate meals.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Tapatalk.

• Like 1

Yes I do have to cook for others who a) aren't interested in eating paleo and b)who who aren't allergic to wheat and dairy. So most of the time I'm having to cook 2 separate meals.

THAT really is tough.  Can you make an entree that you all can eat and then sides for the rest of the crew?

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Sometimes I can, Chris; but you'd be surprised at how many seasonings, marinades, condiments, and recipes include our require wheat or dairy products. At this point it's actually easier for me to cook two meals than it is for me to calculate substitutions or try untested recipes from the Internet.

High five for leveling up!

200.gif

I hope week 4 went well!

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

Saw my doctor for a physical today.  My blood pressure was 112 over 59, which is the best it's been in about 20 years.  (That being said, even at my worst health I never got higher than 120/80, but pre-hypertension was a concern for me, a few years ago.)  That's all changed, and now the bp is excellent!  My pulse is also lower, at 59.  She asked what I was doing and I had the opportunity to tell her about NF (and of course had to show her my MUSCLES!).  She laughed but she said she was proud of me.  

I'm so amazed at the changes in my body in just two short months.  My bp and hr were never this good, even when I was going to Curves 3x a week.  I don't FEEL like I'm working out as hard as I did back then.  But the proof is in the deltoids (...or would that be the blood pressure cuff...).

Today's workout:
3 sets 15 squats (goal is 3 sets of 16)
3 sets of 16 wall push ups (at goal)
3 sets of 10 walking lunges (goal is 11)
3 sets of 10 dumbbell rows (at goal, with 10lb dumbbell)
3 sets of 15 second plank (at goal)
3 sets of 30 jumping jacks (at goal)

Challenge 1, Week 4 SUMMARY

--Quest 1: Workout 3x that week:  No.  Worked out 2.5x (mostly doing push ups and squats in the shower before bed).  
    Score: A-

--Quest 3:  Eat Paleo 5 days a week: No.  Still having some "non paleo" food, specifically gluten free bread/pizza crust/pie crust, and Daiya cheese substitute.  But other than that, it's pretty                      paleo I guess. 
                  Drinking 8 glasses of water in a day:  No.  But average is up to 4-6
                  Getting to bed before ll pm: Yes.  Only stayed up late reading once!  Most of the time I was asleep by 11.  
   Score:  B

--Life Quest:  6/4 in the studio:  Yes.  Working toward that goal of completing all orders by 12/15
  • Like 2

Saw my doctor for a physical today.  My blood pressure was 112 over 59, which is the best it's been in about 20 years.  (That being said, even at my worst health I never got higher than 120/80, but pre-hypertension was a concern for me, a few years ago.)  That's all changed, and now the bp is excellent!  My pulse is also lower, at 59.  She asked what I was doing and I had the opportunity to tell her about NF (and of course had to show her my MUSCLES!).  She laughed but she said she was proud of me.  

I'm so amazed at the changes in my body in just two short months.  My bp and hr were never this good, even when I was going to Curves 3x a week.  I don't FEEL like I'm working out as hard as I did back then.  But the proof is in the deltoids (...or would that be the blood pressure cuff...).

Today's workout:

--Quest 1: Workout 3x that week:  No.  Worked out 2.5x (mostly doing push ups and squats in the shower before bed).  

--Quest 3:  Eat Paleo 5 days a week: No.  Still having some "non paleo" food, specifically gluten free bread/pizza crust/pie crust, and Daiya cheese substitute.  But other than that, it's pretty                      paleo I guess. 
                  Getting to bed before ll pm: Yes.  Only stayed up late reading once!  Most of the time I was asleep by 11.  

--Life Quest:  6/4 in the studio:  Yes.  Working toward that goal of completing all orders by 12/15

Amaaaaaaaaaziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!!!!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Today should be the last day of crazy 14 hour work days to get Christmas orders finished. It's been a good season so I'm not complaining. I knew it would make the last couple weeks of the challenge hard for me.

Today I'm expecting to get those orders done, then do my BBWW, as I haven't worked out this week. After that, I'm going to be cleaning my work desk off and sweep my studio floor. Then transition to the kitchen and get the dishes knocked out, do some laundry, etc.

I'm hoping to be able to post daily again. I've really appreciated NF, and I plan on sticking with it. Might even get me a tshirt!

• Like 3

Today should be the last day of crazy 14 hour work days to get Christmas orders finished. It's been a good season so I'm not complaining. I knew it would make the last couple weeks of the challenge hard for me.

Today I'm expecting to get those orders done, then do my BBWW, as I haven't worked out this week. After that, I'm going to be cleaning my work desk off and sweep my studio floor. Then transition to the kitchen and get the dishes knocked out, do some laundry, etc.

I'm hoping to be able to post daily again. I've really appreciated NF, and I plan on sticking with it. Might even get me a tshirt!

I'm looking forward to seeing you around more often!!!!

Take care of you, keep being awesome!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I'm looking forward to seeing you around more often!!!!

Take care of you, keep being awesome!

Thank you, I'm looking forward to it, too.  

Funny smoothie story: so you guys know I've been giving "green" smoothies a try, right? Well, I guess it's been maybe a few weeks now and I've had quite a few of them. So when I'm making one, I stick a straw into the blender to taste it. (Nobody's drinking it but me, so no germies go to anyone else.) But this one time, I got distracted and forgot the straw was in there before putting the lid back on and cranking it up to pulse. You got it-- straw got chewed up! I was able to catch it after only a second, and I thought I'd gotten all the bits of straw out of the smoothie before taking it with me. Well, apparently I didn't because the whole way in the car I'm picking little bits of straw out of my mouth.

That wasn't traumatic at the time, but now every time I drink a smoothie, there's this unconscious hesitance to drink it because my silly subconscious tells me there's straw bits in there. I keep trying to assure my brain that there's nothing wrong, but it's like trying to convince a toddler. So all I can do is push the "override" button on my brain and force myself to drink it. LOL!!
  • Like 2

Funny story!That sounds like something I would do.  :D 

You have rocked this challenge!

• Like 1

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I've really appreciated NF, and I plan on sticking with it. Might even get me a tshirt!

I know what you mean! I have really liked having this challenge this month, and those Captain America-themed NF t shirts are pretty cool. ;)

• Like 1

SHAEON

Jedi Apprentice

Druid Character Sheet

Daily Battle Log: Shaeon Restores Balance to the Force

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Current Challenge: Shaeon Focuses

"With great boots comes great responsibility."

Okay, last day of my first 6WC.  Looking back at it:

I think I did better than I'd expected myself to.  Certainly hadn't expected to meet or exceed my reps in week 4!  That was a highlight.  And putting on more muscle in three months than I had in the entire 5 years previously was HUGE.  It showed me the potential of strength training over straight cardio or cardio/machine circuits.  I also discovered that I actually LIKE picking up heavy things (including my own body).  I hadn't expected to enjoy the workout-- I had steeled myself for acceptance and grim determination.  But there was a joy in achieving mini milestones along the way, and those really motivated me to keep going.  I also felt proud of myself for adjusting to an injury in the first week and rather than giving up. I can place alot of credit for that squarely at the feet of all of YOU.  Without the support of other NF members, it's sad but reality that I'd probably have been disappointed and given up before I really began.  

On the lowlights, I had fully expected weeks 5 and 6 to be tough, because of the one-two punch of Christmas orders and holiday gatherings.  They were, and I lost some of my momentum with my quests during those couple weeks (only did 2 workouts per week, didn't track my food, didn't drink enough water).   I'll be adding these three things onto the next 6WC and continue to work on them.  I don't expect perfection, but my goal is to be more consistent than inconsistent.  

It's so important to be part of a group of like-minded people when you're reaching outside your comfort zone.  I want to say thanks for all the support, encouragement, and challenge you've given me, and I will be paying it forward on the next 6WC.  

• Like 4

Congrats! 

Ah, water.... I'm so good at that during the 8hrs I'm at work. Once I'm home, hello dehydration city. Maybe there should be a water accountabillibuddy group next challenge. ALL WATER CHALLENGES. Or something.

You did an awesome job, though! :D

Thank you, Sherri!  I'm kinda the same way with work-- if there's a glass at my desk, I drink water.  But as soon as I come out of my cave studio, I forget all about drinking water.  Your accountabilibuddy idea sounds great. 

Way to go Cat! You did great! 

Thank you, Shae -- so did you!

I'm posting in my Battle log for now, until the next challenge starts.  Already planning in my head what I want to do for the next one. 

cutiepie.jpg

OMG SO SORRY FOR NOT POSTING IN AGGGGEEEEES *dies*

Okay, last day of my first 6WC.  Looking back at it:

I think I did better than I'd expected myself to.  Certainly hadn't expected to meet or exceed my reps in week 4!  That was a highlight.  And putting on more muscle in three months than I had in the entire 5 years previously was HUGE.  It showed me the potential of strength training over straight cardio or cardio/machine circuits.  I also discovered that I actually LIKE picking up heavy things (including my own body).  I hadn't expected to enjoy the workout-- I had steeled myself for acceptance and grim determination.  But there was a joy in achieving mini milestones along the way, and those really motivated me to keep going.  I also felt proud of myself for adjusting to an injury in the first week and rather than giving up. I can place alot of credit for that squarely at the feet of all of YOU.  Without the support of other NF members, it's sad but reality that I'd probably have been disappointed and given up before I really began.  

It's so important to be part of a group of like-minded people when you're reaching outside your comfort zone.  I want to say thanks for all the support, encouragement, and challenge you've given me, and I will be paying it forward on the next 6WC.  

Awesome! Woot, girl, you are nailing it! You are KICKING ASS. (And though it may be your own ass being kicked, at least it's in a good, non-literal way. Cuz that would be weird.)

I started the exact same way you did -- grit teeth and pure determination, ready to kill it or be killed when going into regular exercise. And it is like that, the first month or so. And pushing yourself up to just go and do it that can be a battle. But you're not only doing it, but you're enjoying it, and that makes you all kinds of awesomesauce.

And I second that on having support! Holy hell, is that important! When you're just on your own, you're kind of floating -- adrift in a huge sea of information and you have no idea what to do except hang onto your raft of determination and willpower. And other people, like here on NF -- they are that saving grace, the one little island you can set your feet down on and get a sense of direction.

I shall always be here for ya, GN~ (even if I do get stupidly busy at times and forget to post! Sorry!)

Today's workout:

Health improvements! *points excitedly*

WE GOT HEALTH IMPROVEMENTS HERE!

Isn't it great when the doc praises you? I got that a few weeks back, the doc kept mentioning, "well, you're in excellent health, you're in really good shape!" Man, I about floated out of the hospital that day. ^_^

Just more motivation to keep it up! ;)

And I love that tidbit about Curves. HA! I say. HA! In yer face, evil-Empire, simpering, lying, useless, mass-produced fitness SCOURGE! You never had it so good while doing Curves religiously! Down with the evil fitness lies of the institutions! You are living proof of their falsehood, you shall lead the way~

Don't worry, I will write an anthem for you.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to it, too.  

Funny smoothie story: so you guys know I've been giving "green" smoothies a try, right? Well, I guess it's been maybe a few weeks now and I've had quite a few of them. So when I'm making one, I stick a straw into the blender to taste it. (Nobody's drinking it but me, so no germies go to anyone else.) But this one time, I got distracted and forgot the straw was in there before putting the lid back on and cranking it up to pulse. You got it-- straw got chewed up! I was able to catch it after only a second, and I thought I'd gotten all the bits of straw out of the smoothie before taking it with me. Well, apparently I didn't because the whole way in the car I'm picking little bits of straw out of my mouth.

That wasn't traumatic at the time, but now every time I drink a smoothie, there's this unconscious hesitance to drink it because my silly subconscious tells me there's straw bits in there. I keep trying to assure my brain that there's nothing wrong, but it's like trying to convince a toddler. So all I can do is push the "override" button on my brain and force myself to drink it. LOL!!

HA! Sorry, I shouldn't laugh but that is pretty funny. :P I've gotten fairly far without any food mishaps, but I just have a sinking feeling that when it catches up to me, it'll be a lot more than a ground up straw!

I find if I put cinnamon on anything, I will devour it instantly. Maybe this can help push past the straw fear? (lol)

Hey, you know, I wanted to get a T-shirt as well! Alas, they didn't have any that actually looked good. I just wanted a plain ol' T-shirt, but last I looked the selection was quite limited. I should go check again! 8D

Battle Log
Challenge Log
I made a mistake.

It may be awhile before I can reply properly, my husband had a heart attack on Wednesday. More later. Thank you for the encouragement, it means alot to me.

It may be awhile before I can reply properly, my husband had a heart attack on Wednesday. More later. Thank you for the encouragement, it means alot to me.

I'm so sorry to hear that, honey.  Your family is in my thoughts. :love_heart:

🎪current challenge🎪

instagram | goodreads