AlleyKat Picks Herself Up by the Bootstraps

AlleyKat

I successfully completed my first challenge, and then bombed my second. I’m back for my second second challenge. My goals are more Adventure-based, so I thought I’d come play over here for a while instead of in the Assassins guild. I will be graduating nursing school very soon and am very busy (I may not reply right away if you’re interested in following, but I will eventuallyJ). My first 2 challenge plans were rather straight-forward, so I thought I’d jazz this one up with 2 things I adore – space and mushrooms.

Goal:

Chase down Exotic Space Mushrooms for research (build stamina to last through 12 hour shifts on my feet without getting ridiculously tired AND develop stronger back muscles).

Missions:

1.       Avoid the ever-poisonous Wheat-Gilled Mushrooms.

2.       Move my space ship to a different location 3x/wk (Couch to 5K program).

3.       Dig for underground mushroom caves (bodyweights) OR harvest mushrooms (kettlebells) 3x/wk.

Life Quest:

Further my knowledge of Astro Mycology (study for NCLEX 10hrs/wk).

Motivation:

I have an unparalleled desire to find and categorize mushrooms for research (I need to be able to have the stamina to still be a safe RN by the end of my shift and my back to be okay through my nursing career).

Quest Complete?:

I’ll do my grading like my nursing program does….80% or more = pass. So Mission 1 = I need 34 days out of 42 with no wheat, Missions 2 and 3 = I need 15 days of running out of a possible 18, and 15 of strength training out of a possible 18.

AlleyKat - Level 2 - Astro Mycologist

STR - 5, DEX - 2, STA - 4, CON - 2, WIS - 5, CHA - 2

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan

My goals have been hard to keep...too much life and crap getting in the way. I had a 12 hour hospital shift Sunday night and couldn't sleep Saturday day so all that = awake 30+ hours...not helpful. 

Monday - no Wheat Gills, no moving the ship (I tried, I just couldn't be awake anymore), no mushie work

Tueday - I had a Wheat Gill.....I was so bummed about not exercising Monday that I caved in and was going to quit, but even if I don't "pass" I'll have tried and done some good things for myself, no moving the ship or mushie work

Wednesday - no Wheat Gills, got my ship finally moving; I will be up all night studying for an exam tomorrow ('cause that's how I does it!) but I WILL NOT let it stop me from some mushie work

SPORE ON!

AlleyKat - Level 2 - Astro Mycologist

STR - 5, DEX - 2, STA - 4, CON - 2, WIS - 5, CHA - 2

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan