alienjenn - it ain't nuthin but half a thing

alienjenn

A couple years ago I was biking with my kids... it was our FIRST long ride (about 50 miles)... we were on our way back to the car but still about 10 miles from the car... we were tired.... we were hot... Zombie (my youngest he was about 10 then??) got VERY frustrated and threw down his bike... he wanted us to go get the car and come back for him (wasn't an option because we were miles from the nearest access point)... I told him whenever I get frustrated I think of my favorite verse and my favorite childhood book

and he was like HUH?

and I said... I can do all things (through Christ who strengthens me) and the little engine that could... I just say over and over I can do all things I can do all things I can do all things... like the little engine

and he was like... ok mom and started riding... then like 1/2 mile later he started to slow down... 

so I asked him "what does ALL mean"... and he was like HUH?!...  does all mean some? does all mean just a few? does all mean only the easy things?... and he was like DUH mom all means ALL

and he kept riding....

about 1/2 mile more he started slowing down... and I was like... hey chris is this one of those things?

he says no mom

and I am thinking that he totally missed the point...

and then he says... mom we already done 32 miles and we only got 8 more till we get to the car... this isn't a thing... this is HALF a thing... and we made it to the car with no more arguments

so now when we got hard stuffs.... we tell each other... this isn't a thing... and we kinda know what it means

so this challenge.... It isn't a thing... it's half a thing

here's a little backstory

here's a little motivation 

here's a couple (or three) goals

gym 2xweek

1381625_10200984584151717_1183240375_n.j

run/walk Ezra daily

10322751_10202343121914312_3431643452147

(I don't have any pics of ME running... so you get my constant companion/running partner)

don't die/cross the finish line at the spartan
10405664_10203606568179679_7139418433490

10636237_10203205965964874_5756247663450

Shakespeare and I will be flying to Boston on le 14th of november to race ... we will be meeting with a bunch of other nerds... nerdsgiving is going to happen... we are flying back on that sunday... 

TL:DR - here's the goals
gym 2xweek
run/walk Ezra daily
don't die/cross the finish line at the spartan

------------------------------------------------
disclaimers:

you might notice I don't do stat points... I decided long ago that they are detrimental to my mental health...  although I do say grading will be based on effort and not achievement – achievement will come with sufficient effort

also... if you've been around here a while you know that I do  a LOT of hiking... because of my health issues I HAVE to draw a fine line on how much I do... I reserve the right to substitute a hike for a run/gym day

• Like 8

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Love that story of half a thing.  I just might have to use something like that with my kids.  You got this!

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

one day you will have your OWN story JLE and it will be even more awesome than mine... know why? because YOU wrote it :)

-0d5301ee-27d0-4c01-b50b-e1b40c906213.gi

• Like 1

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Love that story of half a thing.  I just might have to use something like that with my kids.  You got this!

feel free LS :) it's totally my thing :) 

I also say "what you FEEL is not what's REAL, remember what Christ said about you..." (and then whatever I need to say to counteract what I am thinking/feeling)

• Like 1

Spoiler

Rax.... it's about to get COLD I don't know how many hiking pics there'll be but I'm glad to have you along for the ride

• Like 1

Spoiler

But my fingers don't work as well to take pictures. ... I don't mean I don't hike in the cold.... I just don't get as many pictures

Spoiler

You know I'm here to follow this adventure!

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Like 1

Level 8 Scottish Highland Assassin

Str 20/ Dex 10/ Sta 15/ Con 17/ Wis 20/ Cha 13

"Most of the things worth doing have been declared impossible before they were done."

Daily Battle Log

My Fitness Pal

Fitbit

Facebook

You know I'm here to follow this adventure!

Note: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

WOOT!

Spoiler

I'm having a little bit of panic. ... I'm going to be on a plane one week from tomorrow. ....

On a happier note. ... this is from my cardiotrainer. ... last yearaff00f4d741bb51b4b7416a878c65c74.jpg

This weekb95663e26aeb59a010abf50b5aa55a44.jpg

I even think there's about a hundred miles not accounted for [emoji13]

Spoiler

Rax.... it's about to get COLD I don't know how many hiking pics there'll be but I'm glad to have you along for the ride

Aww boo. I love me some cold hiking. And of course I'll ride along with you for your adventures, whatever they may or may not be :D

• Like 1

Aww boo. I love me some cold hiking. And of course I'll ride along with you for you adventures, whatever they may or may not be :D

I love hiking in the cold too. ... I don't have to worry about overheating ;)

Spoiler

f45d774f74450a586a60622a84317e0d.jpg

Spoiler

Europe - The Final Countdown (Official Video): http://youtu.be/9jK-NcRmVcw

aeab053c4f70d8f042d2e4ba01b0274f.jpg

Spoiler

Gutshot.... if you read my backstory that's been one of my major life goals for a long long time ;)

Spoiler

What's wrong with planes?

It's more the Spartan and the nerd gathering than the plane itself. ...
  • Like 1

Spoiler

here are some starting pics... (on the right) and jan pics (on the left)

I don't take this style of pics very often because it makes me sad (I don't like the half naked ones...)

but I felt that with not seeing the scale/measurements move it's kinda weird... I do see that I am skinnier in some places... IDK

jan%2Bcompare.jpg

measurements%2B2014.png

• Like 1

Spoiler

I have already used 'ain't a thing' since reading this yesterday.

Awesome idea

I'm glad you liked it!

Spoiler