• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Thanks, I think so too.

No, I don't have a picture.  It's a regular car tire I found in an alley, a tire shop will give you one if you ask.  I put an eye bolt in it with oversized washers on both sides - I needed a 1/2" drill bit to make a 3/8" hole.  That part was cheap and I just leave it outside, it gives our house a white trash feel.  I bought a harness from FringeSport, but I've heard of people using a backpack or pack frame to attach it to, Awkward Active using a climbing harness, but that sounds really uncomfortable to me.

Yeah, I've given up on the Yoga thing.  You should have teamed up with Shello.

thanks for the info, now I just need to find a tire in the alley and I will be good to go :) I think I really will give this a try. It will totally embarrass my husband, and that alone makes it worth trying  :playful:

I am so sick of yoga!!!! If you have given up then I won't feel bad if I skip it this coming Sunday. I just can't do another yoga pose, at least not for a while. Besides I think I am going to the local sports bar for the game. I can probably pull my tire with me but yoga might be frowned upon. 

• Like 2

Happy Solstice! With the return of the sun, expect the return of my vigor.

Highlights of today

I ate this

8f931e8ed67bf4394bf62bb5d7dd44d0.jpg

A pork and apple pastie from www.potterspasties.com food truck, which saved me from mall food. Best thing I've eaten in a long time.

Protest at the mall shut down my exit. I had to circumnavigate it again carrying a tired and cranky kid. No one inside knew what the protest was about (Black lives matter).

Trained - pressed the 20 kg bell once for a lifetime PR!

Main workout was:

Sandbag clean & press & squat 3X @ 75# - PR weight for the press!

Sandbag Rotational Lunge - ladder 3/3-9/9 @ 50#

Chin Up X1

5 rounds

Went to a solstice party, ate processed meats and drank bourbon. Went home early.

Possible TML sighting on Friday - went to a local pub with teachers. There was a group playing a card game. A bald guy with an impossibly large back was playing. Seriously, he looked like a mafia enforcer from a comic book or maybe a shaved down uplifted gorilla. However the guy looked younger and tanner than TML does in his videos and he didn't seem to be dominating the game. I should have talked to him any way, he prolly does strongman.

• Like 1

Happy Solstice! With the return of the sun, expect the return of my vigor.

A pork and apple pastie from www.potterspasties.com food truck, which saved me from mall food. Best thing I've eaten in a long time.

Protest at the mall shut down my exit. I had to circumnavigate it again carrying a tired and cranky kid. No one inside knew what the protest was about (Black lives matter).

Trained - pressed the 20 kg bell once for a lifetime PR!

Possible TML sighting on Friday - went to a local pub with teachers. There was a group playing a card game. A bald guy with an impossibly large back was playing. Seriously, he looked like a mafia enforcer from a comic book or maybe a shaved down uplifted gorilla. However the guy looked younger and tanner than TML does in his videos and he didn't seem to be dominating the game. I should have talked to him any way, he prolly does strongman.

Friday... not it. What did I do Friday? Oh, I worked from home and dinner was pizza from the Coop. I'd love to know what that was though and what game. I only know one other meathead in the gaming scene but he's even shorter than me and keeps a crew cut, think white Odd Job. My back's probably not that impossibly broad, it was more so when I did powerlifting. The local strongman community is pretty small. I thought about lifting at the Highland fest each year for the last couple but I chicken out thinking about past injuries.

Still, good to hear that there are folks out playing in the world.

Nice work on the press PR.

It's your thread but I'm just going to take this opportunity to complain about the recent protests. I don't object to the concept, I don't object to people having strong feelings and expressing them. I do object to the fact that the protestors not knowing what they are protesting is a common theme, the same thing happened with the one a couple weeks ago where they went to the capital. It started as a minimum wage protest, converted to a Ferguson protest then ended as a New York protest. If find it really hard to believe that you're all that passionate if you can't even decide what you're mad about. You sound bored.

I also object to the strawman I've seen on the internet of "sorry our protest interrupted your commute, people's lives are being interrupted by murder". It's a pile of crap. First, by definition, people's lives are interrupted by murder. Second, ticking off some guy who is working at a downtown Starbuck's or drives for FedEx or whatever isn't creating change and it's not supporting a cause, it's just people dragging their internet trolling into the real world.

anyway, that's my beef. It's all theoretical as opposed to yours which was entirely practical of my kid was tired and frustrated and just wanted to go home but a big pile of adults couldn't let  him do that because they needed to feel special for one day.

I truly hope that soltice makes a difference. I'm sure that I've been feeling it. I'm still grateful that it's not the -20 days last year. Those days I just felt like hiding under a blanket in hopes that the cold would go away.

Friday... not it. What did I do Friday? Oh, I worked from home and dinner was pizza from the Coop. I'd love to know what that was though and what game. I only know one other meathead in the gaming scene but he's even shorter than me and keeps a crew cut, think white Odd Job. My back's probably not that impossibly broad, it was more so when I did powerlifting. The local strongman community is pretty small. I thought about lifting at the Highland fest each year for the last couple but I chicken out thinking about past injuries.

Still, good to hear that there are folks out playing in the world.

I truly hope that soltice makes a difference. I'm sure that I've been feeling it. I'm still grateful that it's not the -20 days last year. Those days I just felt like hiding under a blanket in hopes that the cold would go away.

We were at the Chatterbox.  There's almost always a group of casual gamers playing something that, I assume, they checked out from the bartender.  These guy were playing a a card game in a black box, whole bunch of cards, I thought it was trivial pursuit at first.  Sorry, once I decided it wasn't you I didn't pay them enough attention to see what they were playing.

White Odd Job?  Could have been him, hard to tell since he was sitting, but his hair was shaved to the scalp and he didn't look like a serious gamer, at least he didn't seem to be taking that game seriously.

I didn't know we had a strongman community at all or about the Highland Fest contest - I haven't been to it since I lived on the other side of the river.  I'll have to check it out next year.  One of the local neighborhoods, maybe Seward's King's Fair, has a small Strongman contest and every year my wife asks if I'm going to sign up.  I guess it's nice that she thinks I'm so much stronger than I am.  Hmmm, how strong could I get in seven months?

Do worry my man, more sun will make everything better for you, me and everyone.

• Like 1

There's some serious kettle bell action going on over here.  Impressive challenge, Sloth!  Thanks again for the advice you gave last challenge on getting into the sledgehammer workouts.  I'm thoroughly enjoying myself swinging that thing around!

Keep motivating!