Working on Bard Level 1

Dantilla

Alright, time for some real progress updates (or maybe an overall summary):

Week 1:  Accomplished climbing, lifting, and practice sessions.  Eating also pretty good.

Week 2:  Going well until the car accident.  Got in climbing and 3/5 practice sessions.  No lifting.  Eating pretty good.

Week 3:  Focused on recovery.  No climbing, no lifting.  Got in 4/5 practice sessions, but voice was in terrible shape.  Eating good other than planned exceptions for Thanksgiving and Second Thanksgiving.

Week 4:  (So far) One REALLY good practice session, which did wonders for my morale.  Eating could have been better--had a pizza on Monday which put me over for carbs and esp. sodium.  Back on track as of last night.

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Needs to update her skills

STR 5 | STA 2 | DEX 1 | CON 5 | WIS 7 | CHA 6

Trained Skills:

Perform:  1

Climb:  2

Current Challenge

You're doing good considering the accident and recovery.  Things will always get in the way.  The trick is to keep at it and keep your head in the game.  Sometimes that means waiting for your body to recovery to avoid injury.  The last thing you need is a new injury to keep you down longer.   Focus on what you can - keep at it on your practice sessions and food choices.  looks like you've turned a corner already on the practices.  Good luck for the rest of the challenge. 

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Ok, Point Allocation:

Allocated:

Q1:  Go rock climbing once a week = +1 STR, +1 DEX, +1 STA

Q2:  Continue with South Beach Diet Phase 2 = +2 CON

Q3:  Strength training at the gym once a week = +2 STR

LQ:  Practice singing for at least half hour 5 times a week = +2 CHA, +1 WIS

Earned:

Q1:  66% +0.7 STR, +0.7 DEX, +0.7 STA

Q2:  90%  +1.8 CON

Q3:  33% +0.6 STR

LQ:  80% +1.6 CHA, + .8 WIS

Pending Points:

Dungeon 1:  +1 WIS

Dungeon 2:  +1 CHA

Dungeon 3:  +1 WIS

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Trained Skills:

Current Challenge

At this point, I'm really floundering.  I had that ONE good practice session.  One, not just since the accident, but since this whole challenge started.  I don't understand what is going on.  Since then, I just can't get things going at all.  Tuesday I was afraid to stop because I was afraid to lose it, and lose it I did.  Wednesday was a disaster, yesterday was a disaster.  I really don't have any more leeway to be sucking this hard.

I didn't go climbing or lifting this week, despite having it on my calendar.  The time came and I just couldn't make myself do it. 

I am really questioning if I can continue with the challenge at this point. 

• Like 1

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Trained Skills:

Current Challenge

At this point, I'm really floundering.  I had that ONE good practice session.  One, not just since the accident, but since this whole challenge started.  I don't understand what is going on.  Since then, I just can't get things going at all.  Tuesday I was afraid to stop because I was afraid to lose it, and lose it I did.  Wednesday was a disaster, yesterday was a disaster.  I really don't have any more leeway to be sucking this hard.

I didn't go climbing or lifting this week, despite having it on my calendar.  The time came and I just couldn't make myself do it. 

of course you can finish the challenge.  Not meeting your goals up to this point means nothing for the rest of the weeks.  It's all a learning experience.  As long as you pick yourself back up you can go on.  

• Like 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero

Level: 19 Ranger | STR 36 | DEX 29 | STA  35 | CON  43 | WIS 35 | CHA 23|

Spoiler

Epic Quest Avatar Lifting profile | D&D Character Sheet

Accountibillibuddies: Doodlies setting the world alight

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020 | 2021

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Current Challenge: Shello Finally Fitnesses (sort of) and does some other things

Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Starting weight = 290.4; Current weight = 269; Total pounds lost: 21.4

Keep going.  This is a VERY important moment in your life.  What are your barriers???  Even if you find ONE and can address it effectively, you will improve your life!!!!

11a32bb04e0b2f804f807fdbe5cfd8d9.jpg

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Yeah its still worth the effort. If you failed before doesn't mean you have to keep failing. It's what you do after failure that defines you. Risks are worth taking because of the reward. I don't know what your reward is but i would take a minute to define it, write it down even so you know why you're going through all of this. Keep your eyes on the prize (reward).

Level 68. Adventure Knight. 

str 131.3 dex 122.3 sta 132.7 con 133.2 wis 150.5 cha 139.1 

"You have in you the seeds of greatness and the seeds of destruction. The seeds you nurture will prevail. Choose wisely."

"Spring comes, the grass grows by itself" ~Zen proverb

I don't even know what to say.  Nothing is working right now.  I've had some unexplained pain this week, including new things that may or may not be related to the accident, or stress.  I haven't worked out once since the accident.  I still am having unmanageable, showstopping problems with my voice that have no apparent cause or remedy.  My teacher is stumped.

I don't know how to get through the barriers when I don't even know what they are.

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Trained Skills:

Current Challenge

Hello all,

I got a referral from my doctor to see a physical therapist for the lingering pain.  I'm hoping I can get that sorted out.

It also turns out I have a sinus infection, which explains some of the issues I've been having with my voice.  I have drugs now and hopefully can be rid of it by Friday (concert day!)

I did manage to get out rock climbing for a little while on Saturday.  I could feel the weakness from not having done it in weeks, but I went.  And I don't think it made the pain I'm still having any worse.

I also learned something important this week:  One of my original quests was to stop just vocalizing around the house while doing other things and do my dedicated practicing only.  I have come to the conclusion that this was a mistake.  Vocalizing around the house is a great, no-pressure way to warm up and explore resonance, and I think that taking that away from myself was the wrong way to go.  I have started doing this again and eased up on the pressure and I think it is helping.  I think that is valuable information and I will have to think more on how to structure my practicing schedule going forward.

All I can say is, thank you for your support and I REALLY hope this is my worse challenge ever. :playful:

• Like 1

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Trained Skills:

Current Challenge

Ouch, sounds like a tough time.

For weird vocal problems, have you been to see an ENT?  I lost my upper range for awhile which turned out to be caused by invisible but acute acid reflux.  Once that was treated, it cleared right up. ^_^

Vocalizing around the house is definitely great!  As long as you're not blasting into Der Hölle Rache or something with no warm-up, it's actually a great way to keep limber!  Glad you're back to doing that.

Nice job on the climbing, and in general, things seem to be looking up.  Finish up strong, and hoping to see you in the guild next year!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

starsapart

I have an appointment with an ENT in January.  My doctor referred me, saying I shouldn't be having so many sinus infections all the time.  We'll see what he says.

I have returned to the vocalizing around the house with full personal permission.  It has helped so much, and I've been working on rebuilding my voice/technique.  I'm not sure how to count that with the challenge, maybe as gaining wisdom that the original thing I tried didn't work and wasn't a good idea?

I had my concerts the last two days.  The audiences were on the smaller side (stiff competition from more famous, established groups with bigger marketing budgets, see also Weekend Before Christmas), but very enthusiastic and the concerts themselves were AMAZING.  I was so proud of my collaborators.  I also got a lot of compliments on my solo piece (even from my former grad school voice teacher!) so I guess my voice is getting there!

This week I got my practicing in, and instead of lifting did a body weight workout with my husband.  I was hoping to go climbing tonight, but we currently don't have a vehicle (long story) so I couldn't get there.  I had some extenuating circumstances with the car accident and stuff, but I'd really like to do a better job with my next challenge.

I have decided I will be joining the assassins.  Because they are awesome.

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Trained Skills:

Current Challenge

.....because I never did this....

Previous Points:

Allocated:

Q1:  Go rock climbing once a week = +1 STR, +1 DEX, +1 STA

Q2:  Continue with South Beach Diet Phase 2 = +2 CON

Q3:  Strength training at the gym once a week = +2 STR

LQ:  Practice singing for at least half hour 5 times a week = +2 CHA, +1 WIS

Earned:

Q1:  66% +0.7 STR, +0.7 DEX, +0.7 STA

Q2:  90%  +1.8 CON

Q3:  33% +0.6 STR

LQ:  80% +1.6 CHA, + .8 WIS

End-of-Challenge Points (+5 to spend):

Q1:  Thrown off by accident +0

Q2:  I did well.  +1 CON

Q3:  Thrown off by accident.  +0

LQ:  It didn't go as well as hoped, but I did it and learned some important things.  +1 WIS  +1 CHA

Dungeon 1:  +1 WIS

Dungeon 2:  +1 CHA

Dungeon 3:  +1 WIS

Dungeon 5:  +1 WIS

I have also made the decision to round to whole numbers.  New totals:

STR 1 | STA 1 | DEX 1 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

Dantilla

Level 3? Bard/Assasssin,

Trained Skills: