• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

The Ranger's Tent | General Chatter

Because Rangers should be knowledgable about wildlife:

Educational video about the Anaconda (this is a cartoon parody of Nicki Minaj's Anaconda that is actually about anacondas, but probably still NSFW.)

Hope this challenge was awesome for everyone! I haven't heard what the next thing is (Holiday mini-challenge, or just break until the next six weeks), but I'm going to try to do similar stuff, but perhaps explore hooping (Edit: as in HULA Hooping, not hopping) and skiprope tabatas as options for cold-ass days when I don't want to go running.

In otherother news, Happy Hanukkah to any and all who practice it, and happy slightly belated Yule or early Christmas to others!

And a Very (Adjective) NODWISH (NOn-Denominational WInter Solstice Holiday) to you all!

Harpeth%20River%20Winter%20Sunrise,%20Wi

• Like 7

Since we're between challenges at the moment, I thought I would throw out another random question:

Do you have any special New Year's traditions?

Like lots of people I try to take inventory of the past year and look ahead. I also clear out some old stuff..I go through my spice cabinet and through out anything old and faded. I throw out old utility bills. I clear off my bulletin board and start over. This year I made the list a little longer. I'm cleaning out, dusting and organizing my shelve, eating all the old food in the freezer etc etc.  Looking to get in some new energy for 2015!  But for the moment I have a little half-organized chaos :-)

• Like 2

That's a great idea.  I wouldn't say we have anything like that I would consider a tradition.  But we will be spending time with the kids playing games and packing away those Christmas Decorations before they get stuck under layers of frozen snow.  

• Like 1

Hmm, nothing huge!  We like to spend some time out with friends and then get back home to settle in before the new year hits.

Usually we'll save a very good bottle of beer or champagne for NYE at home.

And, of course, the New Years Day Twilight Zone marathon!!!!

• Like 1

We light up the firepit and have some hard cider. The conversation naturally turns toward reflection and planning. That's about it. We're into mellow here :)