• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

The Ranger's Tent | General Chatter

I've noticed, this is where some guilds drop the ball a little, lot's of support and rightly so, but then Level 2 comes along and it's like a ghost town.

Kind of like gyms, getting you subscribed then letting you on your own? :P

You might want to check out the Rangers Mini-challenge thread

Kind of like gyms, getting you subscribed then letting you on your own? :tongue:

You might want to check out the Rangers Mini-challenge thread

Don't even get me started!

Everyone will be subjected to one of my uber long rant posts and they;ll have you to blame.

But yes, yes you are quite right

Don't even get me started!

Everyone will be subjected to one of my uber long rant posts and they;ll have you to blame.

But yes, yes you are quite right

Now that D_R is a guild leader, we can blame him for EVERYTHING... :highly_amused:

• Like 1

Sup people

sup lady

----------

I've been thinking about how the boards sometimes can seem quiet. I'll just throw something out there, especially for people kind of new to the forum....the easiest way to get a little love is to give a little love. Don't be shy, jump on some threads and say hi. Offer support, advice, cute kitten pictures, whatever. This particular thread seems to quiet down a little later in the challenge, but it's not too hard to stir things up.

• Like 2

Everyone please welcome the fantastic Xena to the Ranger Ambassador crew!!!!

(As soon as I get out of bed and can chew on someone's ear to get her permissions haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

(As soon as I get out of bed and can chew on someone's ear to get her permissions haha)

Very well deserved

Congratulations Xena!

211675900_HS142OhHellYeah_answer_1_xlarg

Congratulations!

Hhhhhmmmmmmmm . . . . . . . . RAIDER I'VE GOT A PROBLEM AND SHADOWLION SAYS IT'S YOUR FAULT . . . . 

It totally is

• Like 2

Hello hello. I'm moving over here from the Scouts (actually moved over last time but then disappeared but let's ignore that.) I'm looking forward to the first mini challenge. I've been a bit of a slacker on the "give a little love" part that Xena mentioned so I aim to improve on that.

• Like 2

Now that D_R is a guild leader, we can blame him for EVERYTHING... :highly_amused:

you mean we didn't before??

WOOT!

tumblr_lplt0jZru51qis0s1o1_500.jpg

• Like 3

Wow, we have quite a crew in charge of the awesome Rangers. Four leaders and three ambassadors. You know we are good when we have such an awesome mob in charge. 

Congratulations everyone.

• Like 2

I'm do excited to be here for level two! I'm kind of a new to exercising when it's cold, so advice on gear, etc (that is shippable to Japan) would be much appreciated! I'll also be chatting about veggie/pesce food at the Campfire.

It's not exactly exercise gear, but have you looked at uniqlo? I ask because they are very inexpensive and based in Japan. They make awesome thin layers (t-shirts and stuff) that somehow reflect heat back to your body.

For running in cold, the obvious thing is layers. If it's really cold I prefer to have something warm right next to my skin (not a typical tech fabric shirt but something more cottony feeling). Depending on how cold it gets, you will want some specific winter (fleece-lined, thick) tights or will want to wear wind pants or something. I mention this because a lot of the tights they sell aren't actually very warm.

When I moved from the tropics a while back, I had forgotten how to dress for cold weather. Another thing (not specific to exercise) I had to re-learn is that not all socks are created equal. Merino wool socks make a huge huge difference (smartwool is a great brand, but kind of expensive).

Let us know what you figure out works for you!

• Like 1

Challenge starts Monday!!!!

....some of you are ahead of me on time zones and some of you actually start Sunday...So that's soon!

Today is a great day to set yourself up for success for the week to come. Get your shopping done, plan meals, prepare food, get your laundry done, pack that gym bag. Do any of you have special strategies??

• Like 3

My strategy is ... don't freak out & HAVE FUN!!

Here's to not overloading myself during the holidays and taking things one day at a time...! ;)

• Like 2

Use each weekend to plan for the coming week. That way the plan is realistic and adaptable, not something planned several weeks ago. Other than that, just remembering to have fun and not be too harsh on myself, because this has caused a minor slip to evolve into a full downward spriral

Plan: Keep me as busy as possible in order to have not the slightest chance of becoming boggy.

I am currently working dilligently on the preparing for the next 6 weeks. Setting strategies, motivational points for each quests and filling up my whole timetable with activities:D

Plus I wrote my first Epic Quest of Awesome yesterday because I didn't have any plans for the upcoming years. Now I have great plans and the motivation is huge! :D

• Like 1

Use each weekend to plan for the coming week. That way the plan is realistic and adaptable, not something planned several weeks ago. Other than that, just remembering to have fun and not be too harsh on myself, because this has caused a minor slip to evolve into a full downward spriral

And don't worry if your "weekend" isn't a standard traditional "weekend"

Some of us work non standard work weeks and/or shifts... I for one work twelve hour overnight shifts and only work three days a week... I still use my "weekend" to batch cook lunches and breakfasts and prepare/plan

• Like 1

Hello there rangers!

Excited to be back after a long hiatus - still kind of physically out of commission, but hoping that changes over the course of this challenge while I focus on all that other stuff that helps us be successful.

And congratulations to our new guild leader and ambassador! :)

• Like 3

My strategy is to grocery shop, batch cook and finish up my "challenge shakedown." I'm making sure I've field-tested as much of my plan and gear as possible. I should have my various adjustments and fixes applied, or at least in the works by Sunday night.

Ordering a heart rate monitor and a new hydration pack bladder tonight and they should arrive early in the week. My cats got into my box of fitness gear and there are tooth marks in both...little monsters!

• Like 2

My yoga blocks are full of little holes from cat bites :-)

This isn't exactly a pre-challenge thing, but one thing I've learned for myself. I usually do a long run on Sundays. So it would make sense to make Monday a rest day. I've learned that's a TERRIBLE idea for me. If I take Monday off, I get the week off on the complete wrong foot and it becomes hard to summon up motivation for Tuesday...or Wednesday.

• Like 2