• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Mini Challenge Thread: Setting up a forward base

Last challenge round, the Rangers climbed a mountainside and navigated some really rough terrain as they were headed towards the Red Glow seen on the horizon of their island. Here, let me make it more specific

gallery_17054_1285_43089.gif(thanks to our chartographer, ShadowLion)

To the south, Rutabagaville is the Ranger Base Camp we set out from. After scouting around and rescuing a mysterious dwarf fellow by the name of Red Beard from a bunch of devious imps, we returned to our encampment to regroup. Two challenges ago, we set out North towards the Red Glow, following the coloured lines visible on the map. The mountainside we scaled last challenge is the one northeast of the location marked "Poppies&Ponies". In order to prevent going back and forth again, the decision has been made to establish a forward base at our current location, which will allow as to travel even closer to the mysterious Red Glow.

Rangers!

Welcome to another challenge! This time we're constructing our frontline headquarters! Mini challenges will be posted on this thread, on a weekly basis, starting with the beginning of the challenge on Monday, Nov. 10th.

For those of you who are new, these challenges are meant to push you in your own ability level. You can scale and tweak them without my permission, all I ask is that you do your best, play along, and be a part of the team!

Week 1 Mini-challenge: Teamwork

Rangers! Before doing anything else, we need to regroup. Make sure nobody was left behind and welcome the new members to our guild. Use the time until the start of Week 2 to browse through the challenge threads of your fellow Rangers and socialize. Your mission for this first week is to find a Ranger that will be your teammate. Once you've both agreed, add your names on this spreadsheet. Until the end of the challenge, teammates are responsible for each other, keeping a close eye on each other's thread, cheering on, anything it takes. Nobody should be in this all alone!

Week 1 Bonus Mini-Challenge Extra Turbo Special Alpha Edition!

Time to check how good a team you have been this first week. I hope you've been paying attention to your teammate's progress, because this is your chance to prove it. As an extra task for the weekend, make a post here and let us know:

- How did your teammate do with his/her goals on Week 1?

- What seemed to be their biggest struggle?

- What did your teammate do that impressed or inspired you?

- Did you do or plan to do something to help?

Week 2 Mini-challenge: Taking a look around

Now that we've regrouped, it's time to get a bit more active. Your Rangerly mission for the week is to scout the surrounding area along with your partner and locate anything that might be of interest, such as landmarks, ruins, local plants or animals, caches of building materials etc. To do this, you should:

1) Discuss with your teammate and set a target distance, which you should add on the updated spreadsheet

2) Go out there and get some miles (or km) under your collaborative belt. Doesn't matter if you're walking, running, hiking, biking, swimming or anything else. Just cover that distance. Obviously, riding on cars, motorcycles, buses, trains etc doesn't count. While doing your part, be on the lookout to take a photo of anything you come across that might be of interest

3) Covering the distance that you set as a target gives you the right to post one image that you've shot. Once you've hit your target distance, any extra mileage doesn't count and is lost. You must post an image before you can start a new round, so plan wisely. Set a too low goal and you'll be losing points, set it too high and you might not be able to post all the cool photos you shot (you did remember to take photos, right?) Your photo will be interpreted as something you've found while scouting the area around our forward base and will be officially added once the map is expanded, so through this challenge you have a say in creating a part of our island!

Week 3 Mini-challenge: Supply Management

So now we have an idea of the surrounding area. Those willing to keep scouting around for this week as well are free to do so, but everyone is required to help with the stuff we have in stock and any new supplies foraged during our explorations. We still haven't built a storage to keep it and especially the food is going bad quickly. This means that for Week 3, you are required to assist by doing one of the following:

- Share something you've crafted, such as home-made gym equipment, a wood carving, something you've knitted or painted etc. Perhaps we can use it or at least have it as decoration in our new forward base

OR

- Gather around the Campfire and share a recipe that you'd make for your fellow Rangers. We can't keep our food supplies for long yet so we have to use them. Plus, I'm sure most of your exploring guildmates would apprieciate a heart-warming plate of food

Week 4 Mini-challenge: Gathering and building

With all the cooking and crafting, there is now plenty of free space in our advance base. Time to roll 'em sleeves up and get to work! For this week's mini challenge, you can help your fellow Rangers by bringing in supplies that we discovered in the surrounding area or helping with construction. Of course, a little friendly competition is in order, so make sure to track your workload and score points for your team on the new page of our spreadsheet! You score carrying points by calculating the weight lifted in lbs, multiplied by the distance carried in yards, while lifting points are calculated as the weight lifted in lbs multiplied by the number of reps. If you are doing bodyweight exercises, use your own body's weight to calculate points scored. Let's get this party started!

• Like 11

Early start? Why not?

Week 1 Mini-challenge: Teamwork

Rangers! Before doing anything else, we need to regroup. Make sure nobody was left behind and welcome the new members to our guild. Use the time until the start of Week 2 to browse through the challenge threads of your fellow Rangers and socialize. Your mission for this first week is to find a Ranger that will be your teammate. Once you've both agreed, add your names on this spreadsheet. Until the end of the challenge, teammates are responsible for each other, keeping a close eye on each other's thread, cheering on, anything it takes. Nobody should be in this all alone!

• Like 3

So I have a question for this whole team thing. Will it be a competitive thing at all, or purely supporting one another?

If we are working together to achieve something then I will go with someone I know and already follow. If its purely for support I may grab someone new... 

CHOICES

This is purely for support, not a PvP. We're a guild, not just a bunch of people doing stuff individually. Who you team up is entirely up to you, just make sure you've got each other's back

Tzippi and I are teaming up.

For people new or newish to the mini challenge, don't worry, it's not like gym class or a school dance...there's a team for everyone! The easiest thing is just to find someone who has posted here and ask them to team up, either within the forum or through a PM. It might help if people post as they form teams so we know who is still looking.

Silo...it looked like Alienjenn and Adamant are/were looking for partners

• Like 1

Whoops, sorry I got a partner on my thread this morning I should have checked that first :( 

But there's 3 people, I'll see if I can help find a 4th to round out two teams for you guys :) 

• Like 1