Mini Challenge Thread: Setting up a forward base

DarK_RaideR

I have to make a new recipe entry for the new challenge

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Posted my recipe for the campfire!

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

I know just the recipe for the other thread. I'll stick it up later on tonight (assuming my taxi ever gets out of thr traffic jam from hell!)

Big Show: Human Swift Hunter

Respawning. One day at a time.

Battle Log: #OperationWeddingSuit

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 

Hmm.  Cooking or crafting.  I'm versed in both so I'll have to pick the better of the two ... or ... just add both.  Ha!  HA.

(Sorry, caffeine.)

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

how is it that every 6 week challenge i totally forget about the minis until like a week (or three) later.

i'll be on the ball next time and join in time. 

• Like 1

how is it that every 6 week challenge i totally forget about the minis until like a week (or three) later.

i'll be on the ball next time and join in time. 

I'm in if there happens to be any people still looking for a partner, got lost in the dark else I'd have been here sooner

Sounds like you two could team up and catch up to everybody

I also continued scouting today. I found (from my treadmill) a patch of woods and a creek just inside the trees.

But what about the kitteh? It's so adorable!

Lvl 44 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Sounds like you two could team up and catch up to everybody

I'm in if there happens to be any people still looking for a partner, got lost in the dark else I'd have been here sooner

what'dya say?

• Like 1

rmkwilson, on 25 Nov 2014 - 6:49 PM, said:snapback.png

I also continued scouting today. I found (from my treadmill) a patch of woods and a creek just inside the trees.

But what about the kitteh? It's so adorable!

Yes, She was watching squirrels and ended up in the picture. My two cats, if ever given the chance, may be good hunters. They could hunt for us. That is if we want mice and birds to eat. :)

MFP: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/profile/rkonie Name: RKonie

Soaps & Scrubs

My contribution ... because everyone needs to stay clean and not smell like a sweatshop!  Homemade soaps and sugar scrubs to keep away the dirt and stink and keep our hard working rangers feeling fresh and fancy. :)

• Like 8

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

Yes, She was watching squirrels and ended up in the picture. My two cats, if ever given the chance, may be good hunters. They could hunt for us. That is if we want mice and birds to eat. :)

Chicken and turkey are also, technically, birds

My contribution ... because everyone needs to stay clean and not smell like a sweatshop!  Homemade soaps and sugar scrubs to keep away the dirt and stink and keep our hard working rangers feeling fresh and fancy. :)

Rangers gonna re-define FABULOUS!

• Like 3

Lvl 44 Ranger

HEY! DO YOU LIKE CHEESE?

Unplanned 5.5 mi run this morning along the southern coast of my island. It was so fogged in I couldn't see anything... so here's a photo of the coast from the next island south on a sunnier day :)

Ebey

(click for a bigger picture)

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Week 3 Mini-challenge: Supply Management

So now we have an idea of the surrounding area. Those willing to keep scouting around for this week as well are free to do so, but everyone is required to help with the stuff we have in stock and any new supplies foraged during our explorations. We still haven't built a storage to keep it and especially the food is going bad quickly. This means that for Week 3, you are required to assist by doing one of the following:

- Share something you've crafted, such as home-made gym equipment, a wood carving, something you've knitted or painted etc. Perhaps we can use it or at least have it as decoration in our new forward base

OR

- Gather around the Campfire and share a recipe that you'd make for your fellow Rangers. We can't keep our food supplies for long yet so we have to use them. Plus, I'm sure most of your exploring guildmates would apprieciate a heart-warming plate of food

As fate would have it, I have a sweater vest blocking right now. Shouls be dry and ready to be worn by tomorrow or so! Yay! I'll post pics soon!

After all, there's not many items that take up the "Vest" slot.

• Like 1

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

As fate would have it, I have a sweater vest blocking right now. Shouls be dry and ready to be worn by tomorrow or so! Yay! I'll post pics soon!

After all, there's not many items that take up the "Vest" slot.

This photo doesn't do the colors justice, I'm afraid.

ef983e6f-ea09-4123-ba7c-01cb5e04c05b_zps

Incidentally, the pattern is "Ivy League Sweater Vest", but I like to call mine "Miskatonic". Go fighting Cephalopods!

• Like 5

Tzippi Longstockings, level 9 Ranger/Monk 

Battle Log - My Fitness Pal - Quest to Find My Epic Quest - Challenges:   #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7,

The Westerosi Fitness Tour: Dorne Stormlands Vale the Reach Westerlands The Wall 

MamaBear Kiss Off Waterbending Rounding <<Current

So I finally managed to transfer the pictures. For the scouting mission I have been carrying our teams weight, and heres the pictures.

And they have a story to them! WHAT?!?!?

So since it's snowing theres not many places I can get to around here. So I decided to go for a walk on our land, and then I remembered what we had at the end of this field here.

20141121_161908.jpg

See this land has been in my family for years. And my great grandfather farmed it (just like my grandfather did, and now my Uncle). But see when my great grandfather first cleared it, he found something.

20141121_162418.jpg

Can you see it yet? 

20141121_162441.jpg

How about now? See he found this gravestone. Now the oddest/creepiest/strangest part is. That when he found it it was 100 years TO THE DAY that the woman was buried. That means the exact month and day 100 years before.

Spooky huh.

I walk down to the end of the field often and look out over the edge of the cliff that this sits over. I can't help but imagine what it used to look like over 100 years ago. 

20141121_162452.jpg

I think its a pretty neat story anyways.

As far as the home made thing I will recycle my picture of a home made forearm builder.

20140729_172402.jpg

• Like 3

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Battle Log | Challenge

I posted a recipe.  I also recently had a few building projects, but need to get the pictures moved around to post.  There are so many yummy things on the campfire thread!

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.