• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I did pretty well today until a friend snuck in a cookie while my guard was down.  I didn't even see the Sugar Monster until it was too late.  But at least, I did not eat two (or more!).

I rolled for a forfeit and made my next meal very healthy .... African Chicken Stew (lots of veggies). 

Be on the lookout for this guy:

01-05-032-Sugar-Monster.jpg

Question on the advancing squares.

For freggies/ water Is that 1 square per serving or just one square if I meet my amount per day? Or maybe per meal, so if I have a goal to meet x amount for this meal and make that goal that counts as 1 square?

• Like 1

I've been going with one serving of veggies. So when I had a giant salad yesterday that was probably four servings of veggies, I counted that three times (only three of my squares are freggies).

Same with water. Each glass (which I approximate as 250 mL since that's close enough to 8 ounces) counts as one square.

Anyway, I made a mid-day movement on the board during a writing break and landed on an adventure square. Now I get to add some poi practice into my day (or whenever)!

• Like 1

For freggies/ water Is that 1 square per serving or just one square if I meet my amount per day? Or maybe per meal, so if I have a goal to meet x amount for this meal and make that goal that counts as 1 square?

My understanding was you set what you need to do to advance your ten squares per day, CTJ just showed us what she is doing. So if you use Freggies and/or water it's up to how you want to grade yourself

a freggie dodger might make four of her squares each day to eat one piece of fruit, someone more in to their freggies might make three of her squares each day freggie based where one square equals 3 freggie portions

One square per freggie or water.  You have to get through 10 squares per day ... so I think the level of challenge is appropriate.  If it is really too easy (lucky you), you could scale it.  But your perfect day gets you through 10 squares. 

• Like 1

I've been going with one serving of veggies. So when I had a giant salad yesterday that was probably four servings of veggies, I counted that three times (only three of my squares are freggies).

Same with water. Each glass (which I approximate as 250 mL since that's close enough to 8 ounces) counts as one square.

Anyway, I made a mid-day movement on the board during a writing break and landed on an adventure square. Now I get to add some poi practice into my day (or whenever)!

Poi as in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poi_%28performance_art%29???

One square per freggie or water.  You have to get through 10 squares per day ... so I think the level of challenge is appropriate.  If it is really too easy (lucky you), you could scale it.  But your perfect day gets you through 10 squares. 

Is it okay to move more than 10 squares a day? Yesterday was not a great day for me so I only moved 4, so would it be possible to try to make up for it if I say, did everything and ate an extra freggie to move 11 squares (plus whatever extra square I get to move based on the special squares)? I don't know I'm making any sense...

• Like 1

So I made it to square 20 at the end of the day and rolled a "say something nice". My partner was conveniently located and therefore the target of the something nice so that's an extra space.

That feels a little too easy though so I'll try to say something nice to someone who is not so wonderfully easy to talk to and convenient tomorrow too.

• Like 1

Is it okay to move more than 10 squares a day? Yesterday was not a great day for me so I only moved 4, so would it be possible to try to make up for it if I say, did everything and ate an extra freggie to move 11 squares (plus whatever extra square I get to move based on the special squares)? I don't know I'm making any sense...

Yeap.  I'm planning for an AVERAGE of 10 squares per day.  But some days will fall short .... so some days will fly by easily to compensate, I hope. 

• Like 1

makes sense. thanks

• Like 1

Yea!  Welcome CoderGatherer.  I love the name, btw!!!!

I made up ground today and got to 11 squares, thanks to a LOT of time shoveling and lots and lots of juice and veggie-laden soup. 

The Sugar Monster jumped me today when I opened the fridge but I showed him - he went into the freezer (in the form of pumpkin bread) for the duration .... or until hubby comes home and takes pity on him. 

• Like 2

Another 9 squares today. Falling short on my water drinking goal, but doing good on my freggies.

Tomorrow I plan on moving the squares during the day. Not only will it help me keep track, there is more chance of landing on squares. Finally got my lists done today. 

• Like 1

Yeap.  I'm planning for an AVERAGE of 10 squares per day.  But some days will fall short .... so some days will fly by easily to compensate, I hope. 

Oh... so if I eat more veggies or drink more water (or do two workouts in one day), I can move further, even if I've already moved 10 spaces?

• Like 1

full points for the first two days, it was a challenge but not impossible - which is the way I like it

For my adventure I went to a buddies last night with a couple of other guys and played this

It was absolutely brutal, I'm too used to games where the penalty or getting caught by a trap means taking a couple of damage, in this it's pass or die. The game becomes less about getting loot and more about staying alive, a mega fun and hilarious game to play though

For my 'spreading the cheer' we have a cause in the UK called Children in Need, which is a big nationwide push with people doing all kinds of wacky things for charity and a whole evening of TV on BBC one with skits and special celebrity sketches and stuff. I put some money in one of the buckets this morning on my way to work.

Got my fear and avoidance to do tonight (can't do it at work) which will be applying for some jobs

Oh... so if I eat more veggies or drink more water (or do two workouts in one day), I can move further, even if I've already moved 10 spaces?

Yeap!!

@Daniel, that game looks fun.  Does C3Newton know about that one?

Yesterday was kind of a bum square day for me - only 7!! - because I took a rest day since I was feeling a little yuck, and didn't drink as much water as I should have... boooo.

Today I'm already back on the horse and hoping for a solid 10 (or ... more?!)

This sounds really fun! I'm gonna jump on before it gets too late in the game. Omitting previous day, since I've started late, yes? Or should I put it in anyway and then track if I land of colored square to save for later? 

Also, I eat about six or more servings of freggies (love that) a day and at least 9 glasses of water.... Which means I'll be moving pretty quick. Would it be best if I cut it in half or just leave as is? 

• Like 1

I thought about to join you, but log every day will be much for me this time...

I will show up from time to time to cheer all you and get some motivation!

Eating veggies for me it is easy, but not eat sweets and candys... that's hard!

You all are doing so great!

Keep the pace steady, I want to celebrate with you in the final square!! :)

• Like 1