• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

This sounds really fun! I'm gonna jump on before it gets too late in the game. Omitting previous day, since I've started late, yes? Or should I put it in anyway and then track if I land of colored square to save for later? 

Also, I eat about six or more servings of freggies (love that) a day and at least 9 glasses of water.... Which means I'll be moving pretty quick. Would it be best if I cut it in half or just leave as is? 

As I understand, it's non-competitive so kind of your choice.  I decided to cut in half. It wouldn't be much fun or challenge for me to be done with the board  too quickly.

• Like 2

This sounds really fun! I'm gonna jump on before it gets too late in the game. Omitting previous day, since I've started late, yes? Or should I put it in anyway and then track if I land of colored square to save for later? 

Also, I eat about six or more servings of freggies (love that) a day and at least 9 glasses of water.... Which means I'll be moving pretty quick. Would it be best if I cut it in half or just leave as is? 

As I understand, it's non-competitive so kind of your choice.  I decided to cut in half. It wouldn't be much fun or challenge for me to be done with the board  too quickly.

Yeap - no winners or losers here.  The idea is to help you think about how to be healthy and avoid a lot of the junk that sabotages our fitness efforts over the holidays.  Like the pumpkin pie that calls to me after Thanksgiving dinner is done ......  what habits will buffer against the worst that the happy holidays can throw at you??

For me, it's eating more freggies.  Not because it is easy, but if I focus on those, I eat less of the processed sugar and grains.  Water would be the same - I'm great until it gets cold and then I start living on coffee and tea and then flavored coffee and tea with creamer and then pretty soon it's hot chocolate and pumpkin lattes because ..... "it's the holidays, so why not?!?!?!" 

So, pick things that will help you maintain ..... but not necessarily things that are easy for you to do. 

• Like 1

Landed on pink= monster 

Rolled a 5, which was not having prepared health foods to eat and running out of bone broth. I'll figure out a plan (a little more specific than  just make sure I have prepared ) and post my plan

• Like 2

Landed on pink= monster 

Rolled a 5, which was not having prepared health foods to eat and running out of bone broth. I'll figure out a plan (a little more specific than  just make sure I have prepared ) and post my plan

Yay! Can't wait to hear what your plan is. That's one of my monsters as well. 

• Like 1

Yay! Can't wait to hear what your plan is. That's one of my monsters as well. 

Me too. 

I need to dig out my bone broth to help defeat this COLD! 

I got 8 squares today.  6 freggies, sticking to my eating plan, and spreading a little holiday cheer by putting change in the Salvation Army Kettle ... and chatting with the bell ringer. 

No workout - my left hamstring is really, really tight after shoveling yesterday. And no meditation.  Excuse - rehearsal schedule (and ... 5 hours of rehearsal IS a pretty good excuse for not fitting in anything before or after work.

Still ....

No excuses

• Like 3

Landed on pink= monster 

Plan: hire a personal chef ;) 

Ok, second best plan: I spend way too much time on Saturday morning on the computer. This Saturday set a timer for 30 minutes computer time and then spend some time in the kitchen prepping food. I may set the timer there too, just too keep me from feeling like I have to do everthing then, and just say spend 45 minutes in the kitchen and see what I can accomplish

• Like 2

Changed one of my move progressing items from something I'm doing because of my current lifestyle anyway to giving myself credit to move a square if I say NO to sugary things that isn't fruit all day. I ate a slice of apple pie I really shouldn't have, ugggggh. 

• Like 1

Woot, 8 squares for me today!

I give myself a square every workday for successfully avoiding the GIANT BAG of leftover Halloween candy in our office.  (It helps that it's all stuff I don't like, I haven't had a piece since it showed up!)

• Like 2

Ooooh - I dread buying alot of candy for trick or treaters and then having it hang around for months.  This year, we ran out - which was a blessing.

I was doing pretty well ... and then I got sesame chicken from the take out.  It had lots of veggies .... but was also fried!!  This is going to take some more careful planning, I think.

But, I DID finally print out my cards on cardstock ....

game cards small

• Like 1

Log squares based on what you've done so far this challenge - sounds like you'll be racing quickly to the end anyway!

Woot, 8 squares for me today!

I give myself a square every workday for successfully avoiding the GIANT BAG of leftover Halloween candy in our office.  (It helps that it's all stuff I don't like, I haven't had a piece since it showed up!)

WOOT!

Ooooh - I dread buying alot of candy for trick or treaters and then having it hang around for months.  This year, we ran out - which was a blessing.

I was doing pretty well ... and then I got sesame chicken from the take out.  It had lots of veggies .... but was also fried!!  This is going to take some more careful planning, I think.

But, I DID finally print out my cards on cardstock ....

We buy the candy that we don't really like. Then I buy ( or make) something for me I do like. And then the next day we throw the extra candy away. My husband doesn't want it around either, so we toss it. Because otherwise we would eat it, just because it was there.

• Like 2

So I think I'm going to put a cap on how many extra squares I advance when I eat more freggies and drink more water to +1 of each (at least when I'm ahead). It's still good to have goals on these because there are some days when I definitely come close not making them (well, more on the freggie side than the water side), but sometimes I just eat a giant pile of veggies and drink lots of water...

Anyway, in all I moved 12 spaces yesterday. 11 from moving and 1 from following my plan for dealing with a roaming monster (I decided that when I was going to be drinking, I would alternate with a glass of water and I did that when I went out last night).

• Like 1

So I think I'm going to put a cap on how many extra squares I advance when I eat more freggies and drink more water to +1 of each (at least when I'm ahead). It's still good to have goals on these because there are some days when I definitely come close not making them (well, more on the freggie side than the water side), but sometimes I just eat a giant pile of veggies and drink lots of water...

Anyway, in all I moved 12 spaces yesterday. 11 from moving and 1 from following my plan for dealing with a roaming monster (I decided that when I was going to be drinking, I would alternate with a glass of water and I did that when I went out last night).

Great job - I see you trucking along there - it's inspiring!!

I logged 9 squares yesterday, which was actually pretty good despite not working out or meditating. 

I forced myself to eat veggies and drink water through this cold.  I ate my sesame chicken and was tempted to just eat the (yummy fried) chicken, but told myself that the lovely crisp veggies would help with my cold.  So I chomped down on onions and bright red and green peppers.  And the rest of the day, I had vegetable soup and juiced kale and cucumber.  So ... very virtuous really despite the mental lapse in ordering.

I downed DayQuill and went to rehearsal with lots of water and tissues so that I was reasonably effective. It's tough when you're listening for a loud spot so you can sneeze!!   But the production is coming together so very well that all the work is starting to be worth it.

I dodged the samples monsters at the grocery store!!!  No special strategy other than walking on by them.  A little extra discipline, but these little monsters don't chase you, thankfully. 

And I landed on a Challenge square.  I got "Food ads on TV" as my challenge to think about.  My planned response is to MUTE ADS.  Again.  Just like during election campaign season.  And if I don't have my knitting or computer in my lap, I'll do some bodyweight workout exercises during commercials. 

Whew!  Another day done.....

Today, hubby is home and I can just kinda relax and deal with the cold symptoms.  I need to get to dress rehearsal tonight and grade during the day, but the rest of the time is free for vegging in front of the TV or with a book. 

• Like 1

I had a not fantastic day yesterday, but it could have been worse. I moved 8 squares which put me on my first special square, which is Challenges & Roaming Monsters. Rolled an 8, which means I had to come up with a plan to avoid Starbucks holiday drinks over the coming weekend, which is when I'm most vulnerable to the temptation, especially tomorrow morning since I have a 9am acting class. ;;; My plan is that if I find myself in need of a hot beverage to either go into a coffee shop that's not Starbucks and just get a tea or chai latte if I really need the caffeine. If my boyfriend decides to go to Starbucks since he's an employee and can get discounts, again, only tea or a chai latte. And if I feel like I'm running out of steam tomorrow, instead of pushing through it and caving in to a beverage later, just stop and take a nap.

• Like 2

I forced myself to eat veggies and drink water through this cold.  I ate my sesame chicken and was tempted to just eat the (yummy fried) chicken, but told myself that the lovely crisp veggies would help with my cold.  So I chomped down on onions and bright red and green peppers.  And the rest of the day, I had vegetable soup and juiced kale and cucumber.  So ... very virtuous really despite the mental lapse in ordering.

I downed DayQuill and went to rehearsal with lots of water and tissues so that I was reasonably effective. It's tough when you're listening for a loud spot so you can sneeze!!   But the production is coming together so very well that all the work is starting to be worth it.

I think when my cold was especially bad, there were days when I barely consumed anything other than orange juice and went for comfort foods a bit just to make sure I ate something. It's just hard to have an appetite when you can't smell anything and feel cruddy, so ordering foods that aren't perfectly healthy when feeling sick is totally forgivable, imho.

And I just did my tally for my stuff yesterday. I moved 13 squares, despite not meeting my writing goal. I met all my other goals, doubled up on my exercise (run + yoga), ate some extra veggies, drank some extra water and vanquished the monster again. Now I got a quest to buy a gift.

• Like 1

I ate a whole bunch of freggies today. 13 squares for me today, which put me on a Fear/Avoidance square. I rolled a 3 so I have to apply for a new job tomorrow. Seems easy, but they want a cover letter. I totally suck at writing about myself though. :(

• Like 1

I ate a whole bunch of freggies today. 13 squares for me today, which put me on a Fear/Avoidance square. I rolled a 3 so I have to apply for a new job tomorrow. Seems easy, but they want a cover letter. I totally suck at writing about myself though. :(

I find it helpful to look at templates for cover letters (there are lots online) and if I get past the initial application stage in a job, I use that as a template for my next cover letter, but try to tweak it a little to improve it. It probably also doesn't hurt to have someone else look at your application and give you feed back.

• Like 1

Day 1: 19 squares

Day 2: 18 squares (landed on square 37: my favorite number incidentally).

Day 3: 15 squares - didn't hit my macros this day (landed on square 52)

Day 4: 18 squares - Lost one for not hitting a goal : macros again (landed on square 70)

....and I went through the whole week in four days.

I definitely did something wrong there. I'll fix it tomorrow though. I'm nodding off at the computer. =/

• Like 1

OMG - I am so tired of cover letters!!!

Hum .... can you have someone who knows you write a draft???

I know right? Why do they need a cover letter if they have my resume? Seems like a waste of time.

Oh I wish that I did. My hubby has agreed to edit it for me though