Yea, and in many cases, I also have to fill out the application (public schools especially) - so they have some information 3 times. 

Yesterday, I cleared 8 squares.  Diet was on point, mostly because I didn't really want to eat much with this cold. 

I did not work out - I'm still really tight and achy and I just want to get through tonight's performance and have evenings available again for exercise. 

Landed on a pink square and need to write a challenge for my monster. I need your help, because I'm dealing with this one right now and I don't have an answer.

Tired of drinking water

My goal is to drink 8 glasses of water/herbal tea . It does help me feel better and avoid snacking. But it's week one and I'm tired of it, and tired of keeping track.

Any suggestions to keep me motivated ?

Landed on a pink square and need to write a challenge for my monster. I need your help, because I'm dealing with this one right now and I don't have an answer.

Tired of drinking water

My goal is to drink 8 glasses of water/herbal tea . It does help me feel better and avoid snacking. But it's week one and I'm tired of it, and tired of keeping track.

Any suggestions to keep me motivated ?

Oh oh.  That's a tough one.  I sometimes add lemon or lime juice - just a tsp - especially if I heat it (in the winter).  Iced or hot to give SOME variety.  And then I switch to seltzers sometimes.  Or just switch water bottles.  Somehow, I do better when I'm drinking water from a bottle rather than a glass or mug.

I moved 8 squares yesterday.  Tons of water and some freggies.  And then the DSSO did Carmen, which I counted as an adventure, although it's also a workout.  Now that tech week is done, and maybe my cold will go away, I'm going back to regular workouts.

I'm just thinking here .... could we like MORE special squares??  Should I throw out some assignments or random challenges to help us progress??

I moved 15 squares yesterday thanks to my veggie pizza, woo, so I'm only 2 squares behind now. I should be able to make this up and get to the Week 2 row just in time. :) 

Also was able to move an extra square because I succeeded in not getting a holiday drink at Starbucks! I followed my plan and went to another coffee shop instead. I'll be obtaining my reward at some point this week~

• Like 1

doing good today. Except I landed on a green square and roll a 4, which was ice skating. Hmmm, why did I think this sounded fun again? This weekend is pretty busy anyway, I might just take a forfeit. Ah, sorry that sounds very bah humbug. Maybe I'll make it a goal to get some iceskating in during Christmas break, that might be fun.

• Like 1

Today was actually a better than average day for me (14 squares) - thanks to lots of water and freggies.  Soup's still the thang for most meals while it's so darned cold and I'm still getting over being sick.

I landed on a green square and drew "making a low-cal holiday dish" so I will have to go looking for something new and interesting.  I AM going to make squash soup tomorrow so that I don't go to Panera for it .... and end up getting bread and baked goods to go along with it!!

Today was actually a better than average day for me (14 squares) - thanks to lots of water and freggies.  Soup's still the thang for most meals while it's so darned cold and I'm still getting over being sick.

I landed on a green square and drew "making a low-cal holiday dish" so I will have to go looking for something new and interesting.  I AM going to make squash soup tomorrow so that I don't go to Panera for it .... and end up getting bread and baked goods to go along with it!!

Nom you'll have to share your recipe. We went to Panera and my friend had squash soup, and ever since then I've wanted some

I kind of always wish Panera had some gluten free bread, because I miss their bread. But probably better off that they don't. :D 

• Like 1

Nom you'll have to share your recipe. We went to Panera and my friend had squash soup, and ever since then I've wanted some

I kind of always wish Panera had some gluten free bread, because I miss their bread. But probably better off that they don't. :D 

Panera's a scary place - all those baked goods just staring at you while you order lunch .... and free cookies with lunch and a beverage.  Pure evil. 

So, let's cross our fingers on the soup, which I will make today.  And for the workout, which I will do today.

225470_571848082826332_1748951008_n.jpg

• Like 1

I made 13 squares today and am almost caught up!!!

The soup turned out great.  It's not QUITE Panera, but it is close.  It was a bit apple-y because I had a smallish squash and largish apples.  Adjust the amount of vegetable to fruit to manage the sweetness.  This is definitely being added to the winter rotation!!!

Butternut Squash Soup 

from Make It Fast, Cook It Slow by Stephanie O'Dea

1 butternut squash (large)

2 Tbsp olive oil

4 cups chicken or vegetable broth

2 small onions, diced

2 small apples. peeled and cubed

1 1/2 tsp kosher salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1/4 tsp ground cloves

1/4 tsp ground coriander

1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Use a 6-quart slow cooker.  

Put the broth, onions, and apples in the crock.  Stir in the salt, pepper and spices.  Cover and heat on high while you roast or partially cook the squash.

Roast or microwave the squash until you can separate the skin from the flesh.  The book suggests that you microwave the whole squash for 2 to 5 minutes (so you can manage to cut it in half lengthwise).  Scoop out the seeds and stringy pulp.  Brush the olive oil on the inside of the squash and roast in the oven cut side up at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, or until the skin peels away from the flesh.  I cut it in large chunks and microwaved it for 9 minutes.  

When the squash is ready, dice it into cubes and add to the pot.  Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.  You want the apples to be soft enough to blend.

Carefully blend with a handheld immersion blender.  

Makes 8 servings

• Like 2

Art museum that sounds like a fun trip!

I landed on a green, rolled a 5. I just did it now, so I'm giving myself tomorrow. And I rolled a 5, which means cold shower. Yikes! But I've always wanted to see if I could do  that. Seems like a fun thing to do on a cold fall day. :lol: 

• Like 1

I succeeded in my Fear and Avoidance task which was to avoid posting on message boards for a full day except to update my Challenge thread and Battle Log. I technically rolled it on Monday after going through Sunday's movements, but it was partway through the day, so I did it yesterday (Tuesday). And I defeated the roaming monster again. So my total movement yesterday was 16 (I did two exercise sessions and wrote more than twice the daily requirement for NaNoWriMo in addition to eating extra freggies and drinking extra water).

• Like 1

I went back and re-calculated and got the same result for last week so I left it.... but didn't notice some were added!

Day 5: 11 squares (failed my writing that day, not an exercise day, and didn't drink as much as usual)

Day 6: 14 squares (failed writing, failed exercise, but ate my freggies and drank 9 big glasses of water).

Landed on 77 as of day 6 (Not bothering with day 7, but I can if need be). 

Still no colored square.

Gotta catch up for week 2 though!

Day one: 14 squares (I'm counting only the different veggies with full servings, not how many servings per veggie as sometimes it's 3 per veggie) Exercised, Aced my diet, had 2 different freggies only, and ten glasses of water. 

Day two: 16 squares (big huge salad for dinner with 5 different freggies at full serving +1 for breakfast, I wrote, I met my diet requirements, rest day today, and drank 8 glasses of water).

Currently on square 30. 

• Like 1

I rolled for my Challenges square I landed on yesterday and got... OFFICE CANDY.

Ugh.

This one isn't actually too terrible because I work in an office of very mindful, healthy folks that really aren't into overdosing on sugary treats.  That being said there is a small bag of Halloween candy on the desk behind me up for grabs, and I've only had two small squares over the past...3 weeks?  So I'd say I'm doing well!  I just pretend it's not there, I don't really have a lot of sweets cravings as it is.  Plus it's dark chocolate, which I don't really like.

I'm just going to keep my willpower up on stressful days and remind myself that sugary sweets will not help me in the long run!!

• Like 2

I haven't added any colored squares, but I could since most of us could use a boost.  Or something purely random that will get you a chance to move up!! 

Now that the concert is over, I'm tooling along pretty well.  I could just about be talked into robbing the Whos of their Christmas stockings right now .... serious sugar cravings!!!! ...... but I'm going to finish my 6th big mug of water and go to bed early before I succumb.  It's been too good a day to falter now!!!

stick-to-the-plan1.png

• Like 2

I haven't really updated here because I'm playing Dragon Age: Inquisition every moment I don't have somewhere else to be (rehearsal, work, and yes, working out of course!) until I pass out. But! I've been progressing along. Ever since the game came out my pace has slowed, but I'm still 5 ahead of where I should be, and I landed on another color square a couple of days ago! A Quest one, and I rolled to have to buy/make a thoughtful gift for someone. Getting started on my holiday shopping early! Once I figure out what to get and to whom. ;;; Well, I did say thoughtful, which means I need to think about it!

I haven't added any colored squares, but I could since most of us could use a boost.  Or something purely random that will get you a chance to move up!! 

Now that the concert is over, I'm tooling along pretty well.  I could just about be talked into robbing the Whos of their Christmas stockings right now .... serious sugar cravings!!!! ...... but I'm going to finish my 6th big mug of water and go to bed early before I succumb.  It's been too good a day to falter now!!!

stick-to-the-plan1.png

Good for you. I've noticed that one of the reasons (besides habit) that I start craving sweets in the evening is that I'm tired.