• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Holidays are upon us. Talking to friends yesterday, and I'm pretty sure I will be getting some homemade candy for Christmas.  Since this is Candy Land escape, I'm wondering how you guys best deal.

I want to have a balance. I mean if someone makes homemade nommy candy, I want to try some , but then sometimes I end up going on a total sweet binge all through Christmas. Saying no to everything makes me feel  like a scrooge and deprived. I'm trying to come up with a plan before that let's me enjoy some Holiday treats, but not go into a sugar blitz. I'd love to hear some of your plans. 

• Like 2

I've been using my freezer as my friend.  I can put single servings in it - labeled with freezer-proof labels - and then I have to decide I want a serving, defrost it, and enjoy it.  That way, I am NOT saying "no" ... I'm just saying "later" and "with intention" and "responsible" and not feeling like I'm being mean to the nice people or myself.

• Like 3

I think since being diagnosed with Celiac I've found that saying no to treats made by friends is okay. It's like those strange people who don't like sweets (some of you are on here I bet) *looks around* They don't want it, they say thank you, but I'm okay right now.

For me, since some of my friends do remember I can't eat regular cookies or cakes... they make gluten free variations for me. I accept them, and then bag them and save them for later. I basically do the same as Chris-Tien Jinn. Bag it and freeze it if you can. Or! Accept it, take one or two for yourself (you don't have to deny everything from yourself afterall) and give the rest to others to enjoy. It's the holidays, the best time to share! *shrug* If I didn't do that then the bags of cookies that I would be sick on if I ate would go right in the trash. Instead, others can enjoy them too. 

• Like 1

Okay.... 14 squares today. Not as much water as usual (so far, I still have to take my night meds which means I usually down another 12oz bottle). I had lots of veggies and hit the two goals I needed to today. 

So, I am now at square 60.... running out of space again. (I drink so much water, I'm sorry). xD

Still no colored square, but I know it'll happen and I'm ready for it. 

I think since being diagnosed with Celiac I've found that saying no to treats made by friends is okay. It's like those strange people who don't like sweets (some of you are on here I bet) *looks around* They don't want it, they say thank you, but I'm okay right now.

For me, since some of my friends do remember I can't eat regular cookies or cakes... they make gluten free variations for me. I accept them, and then bag them and save them for later. I basically do the same as Chris-Tien Jinn. Bag it and freeze it if you can. Or! Accept it, take one or two for yourself (you don't have to deny everything from yourself afterall) and give the rest to others to enjoy. It's the holidays, the best time to share! *shrug* If I didn't do that then the bags of cookies that I would be sick on if I ate would go right in the trash. Instead, others can enjoy them too. 

I really love the years when I'm working on campus and can drop off food for the student workers.  They are always hungry!!!

I added colored squares to the board in the hopes that St. Nicholas soon will be there you will get more opportunities for the fun stuff. 

r-ELF-ON-THE-SHELF-large570.jpg

• Like 2

Yay more squares!

I keep forgetting to check in during the day and only doing updates at the end of the day so I don't tend to hit a lot of them. Maybe now I will. :)

I'm hoping it's not too late to join in on the fun! If not, I will make my list this weekend =) Kill two birds with one stone.. do my daily writing quest ;) And create this list!

Sure!!  Why not start at the beginning of Week 3 so that you're not too far behind??

I just had to log for two days in a row!  My schedule is so variable on weekends... sheesh. :)

I landed on quest! And random.org tells me I have to work on some of my knitting this weekend, which I will GLADLY do!! :D

Overall, while I am doing really good at avoiding sweets, I have trouble remembering to drink more water during the day.  I think I just need to keep a big cup with me at all times in the house... if it's in front of me,I'll drink it, otherwise I forget.

• Like 1

Sure!!  Why not start at the beginning of Week 3 so that you're not too far behind??

Can I join too?  This sounds like a super fun way to approach the Holidays!

• Like 1

YEA!  The more the merrier!  Start on week 3 and share your lists. 

jsut thought I'd let you know.. that I've made a list! I am in the process of making cards although my printer is broken so I'm killing two birds with one stone and using my creativity and making them =) Will be starting monday for week 3 :)  Pretty excited to share a picture of them once they're complete. I've done all my adventure cards, and my holiday cheer cards so far =)

• Like 1

My clothes donation boxes are full and ready to go... now it's just getting them out of the closet (where they've been hanging out for a few months) and to the donation bins!!  That should be a whole separate challenge, hahaha~

I didn't get as many squares as I wanted yesterday - I had the chance to indulge in a homemade gourmet maple bacon cupcake (seriously, it had a little pancake on the top of it) so I had to take the chance!  Plus side is my water intake has been way way up this weekend so I'm feeling good about keeping that trend going, and I'll be bringing spinach salads to work this week for lunch so PLENTY of freggies to be nommed,

• Like 1

I found the spreadsheet link, thanks! Where am I supposed to share my lists?  Maybe here?  Annyshay's Candy Land Rules.

Yes - that's a great place!!  And they look - wow!!  Good stuff there, and ..... here we go with another week!!!!

I'll need to go count my squares for the day.  I think I made 10 ..... both beer and chocolate got me today.  But I ran!!!!

Yeap, I made it to 10 squares yesterday!!!  Kinda ugly, but I did it with a run, 4 freggies, 4 water, and a movie (fun adventure). 

Thanksgiving will be a hard week, but I'm not giving myself any leeway for special meals!!!  There's lots and lots of veggies associated with Thanksgiving. 

Yes - that's a great place!!  And they look - wow!!  Good stuff there, and ..... here we go with another week!!!!

I'll need to go count my squares for the day.  I think I made 10 ..... both beer and chocolate got me today.  But I ran!!!!

So, if I was defeated by some candy critters (3 milk chocolate cherry cordials) and am debating having some delicious chocolate mousse cake - does that mean I lose a square each or what?  Can I make up for it with more freggies or water?  Thanks!

Woot! Got another 10 squares today. Yesterday I landed on Fear and Avoidance. Looks like I need to take some Before pics. So not looking forward to that. Not sure whether I'm going to post them online to stay accountable or just keep them to compare my progress.

• Like 1

I think I might have put more difficult things on my list than I anticipated for the game. I'm going to be editing my 10-daily list and making more of an effort to reach those (should be relatively easy, since they'll coincide with my challenge goals) and doing extra adventures and quests to gain more ground. Hopefully, that will help catch me up to everyone else. :)

• Like 1

Woo! made it 9 squares today! did all but a couple of my dailies today :) Missed 500mL of water to hit my daily goal, and I didn't do 15 minutes of workout was too drained today and sore. BUT I did do an adventure card today and did some crochet while watching a movie :)

Still have pictures to post but apparently my phone doesn't want to upload them to my computer :(

• Like 1

Yesterday scored well overall, mostly because I'm working hard at drinking more water.  And I FORCED myself to get something of a workout!!!

The short work week is often a lot of stress ... trying to get everything done PLUS get ready for guests.