• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blkhole24601

Raise the Gates! Runner 5s of Abel Township

Raise the gates!

Covering fire and… go!

IAP1444.png

Welcome to Abel Township, though I suppose your arrival here has been in under less than ideal circumstances, but what’s ideal anymore anyway?  The zombie apocalypse is upon us, and to make matters more complicated, someone shot the chopper you were riding when you were coming to Abel out of the sky with a rocket launcher. Abel is now your home, and to earn your keep, you take on the mantle of Runner 5 to do what runners need to do to help survive this waking nightmare.

Over the next six weeks, we’re going to help you become the best Runner 5 you can possibly be.  Every Monday I’ll post a (optional!) challenge, but we can also use this as a forum to babble about the characters and plot and other features of the Zombies, Run! apps, too. This accountabilibuddy group is open to users of both the main Zombies, Run! app and the Zombies, Run! 5K app. A couple of ground rules:

1. Support each other and be respectful!
  2. Weekly challenges are optional. Please be sure that you are able to complete your own goals before taking on any of these!
  3. Put all spoilers under a spoiler cut! ([ spoiler ]spoilers here[ /spoiler ], minus the space inside the brackets) And make sure to mark up to what mission you’re posting spoilers about. That way people still in season 1 won’t get spoiled for what happens in season 2 or 3, etc. The only assumption that's safe to make is that we all went through the very first mission Jolly Alpha Five Niner since it's in both the main app and the 5K app.

If interested, please sign up with a link to your challenge thread so we can support you, note which app (main or 5K) you're using and your progress thus far, and if you want a link to your Zombies, Run! user page. Don't forget to also sign-up on the spreadsheet here! We're under Cross-Guild since I know more than just Scouts and Rangers and Level 1's use the app!

Members

18ck (main app) Challenge | ZombieLink

Amdhiel (5K app) Challenge | ZombieLink

Artemis12 (5K app) Challenge | ZombieLink

BarefootDawsy (main app) Challenge | ZombieLink

blkhole24601 (main app) Challenge | ZombieLink

Crowgirl Challenge | ZombieLink

Dizz (main app) Challenge | ZombieLink

Gutshot (main app) Challenge | ZombieLink

Jaz Xiao Long (5K app) Challenge | ZombieLink

madambones (5K app) Challenge | ZombieLink

Raidne (5K/main app) Challenge | ZombieLink

Rooks (main app) Daily Log | ZombieLink

Mini-Challenges

Week 1: We're a Family at Abel

Week 2: Dr. Myers' Recommendation
Week 3: Your Very Own W.G.

Week 4: Seriously, Don't Eat Zombies

Week 5: TBD

Week 6: TBD

I'd sign up.  I've had a unwritten goal of trying to get in one run per week in the Zombies, Run! app.  Might help if I get the goal written down.  Profile is in my sig. 

• Like 1

I'd sign up.  I've had a unwritten goal of trying to get in one run per week in the Zombies, Run! app.  Might help if I get the goal written down.  Profile is in my sig. 

I'm in!  ZR is actually one of my specific goals this go around.

Added! :)

I'm in.  I'm in Season 2 right now. Good stuff. I run along a riverpark next to a golf course. I always chuckle when the script matches something I actually see, especially bridges and gates.

Zombielink

My Challenge Thread

The accounibb spreadsheets always confuse me... I prefer to avoid outside links.

I'm in.  I'm in Season 2 right now. Good stuff. I run along a riverpark next to a golf course. I always chuckle when the script matches something I actually see, especially bridges and gates.

Zombielink

My Challenge Thread

The accounibb spreadsheets always confuse me... I prefer to avoid outside links.

Added! And no worries on the outside link stuff. When I'm at work, I have to go to my phone if I want to access gdocs which is why it's hard for me sometimes to keep up with challenges that rely on it. I'll do the work, but I'll rarely update the spreadsheet. ;;;

And I love when that happens, too. I run alongside a river by my house and I love that a lot of the missions are also alongside a river, or involve a river in some way. :lol: Mostly, I get a good laugh whenever my playlist matches the story clip that just played, which happens more frequently than should be coincidental!

I was running at the gym the other day running to ZR and watching The Walking Dead... that was fun :D

Oh man, I need to try something like that someday. Maybe on my next treadmill run!

I have Rob zombie, dirty heads, the doors, queen, rammstein on my playlist. XD

The river park is along a dry wash... water is rare, haha

• Like 1

Missed the fact I was supposed to link a Challenge Thread.  I haven't done a Challenge thread in awhile, but feel free to drop in my Daily Log if you wish, as that is where I post my workouts and what not (again see my sig).  :)

I'm in. I'm in Season 2 right now. Good stuff. I run along a riverpark next to a golf course. I always chuckle when the script matches something I actually see, especially bridges and gates.

I just started Season 2 as well.  Got through Season 1 forever ago, but need to get out and start running again.

Ooh, sounds good. I'm about to pick up where I left of..about 2/3 of the way through season 1. Love this app, and can't wait to see what happens.

Here's my challenge thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/55845-barefootdawsys-disciplined-challenge-of-discipline/

Added! :)

Missed the fact I was supposed to link a Challenge Thread.  I haven't done a Challenge thread in awhile, but feel free to drop in my Daily Log if you wish, as that is where I post my workouts and what not (again see my sig).  :)

I just started Season 2 as well.  Got through Season 1 forever ago, but need to get out and start running again.

You didn't need to if you didn't want to, but I added your Daily Log to the signup. ^_^

• Like 1

So I've been dithering about working on Zombie Run 5k for a few weeks. I did the intro just after the last challenge finished up and shocked myself with how I did. Yesterday I did ep 1 and it was cake so I'll use this group as an excuse to keep working on it. Running isn't really part of my challenge but it's something I've been wanting to work on for a while. There's a link to my challenge thread in my sig. Here's my ZombieLink: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/Amdhiel/.

If anyone has suggestions on cold weather running I'd love to hear them! I really would rather not succumb to using a treadmill. 

• Like 1

So I've been dithering about working on Zombie Run 5k for a few weeks. I did the intro just after the last challenge finished up and shocked myself with how I did. Yesterday I did ep 1 and it was cake so I'll use this group as an excuse to keep working on it. Running isn't really part of my challenge but it's something I've been wanting to work on for a while. There's a link to my challenge thread in my sig. Here's my ZombieLink: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/Amdhiel/.

If anyone has suggestions on cold weather running I'd love to hear them! I really would rather not succumb to using a treadmill.

Cold weather running can actually be quite nice. I tend to wear layers...a t shirt, a long sleeve and a fleece or vest on top. It varies depending in the cold though.

The real trick is keeping your lungs warm, so wearing something warm in your chest is paramount, as is breathing through your nose. It's for the latter reason that I usually limit winter running to long, slow distance, rather than speed or hills.

Shoes optional ;)

• Like 1

Cold weather running can actually be quite nice. I tend to wear layers...a t shirt, a long sleeve and a fleece or vest on top. It varies depending in the cold though.

The real trick is keeping your lungs warm, so wearing something warm in your chest is paramount, as is breathing through your nose. It's for the latter reason that I usually limit winter running to long, slow distance, rather than speed or hills.

Shoes optional ;)

Layers... I can figure something out for that. The warm lungs is super important for me >.<. Yay for being an asthmatic!

I don't think I'll be doing too much speed or hill work just yet, I just want to get up to a decent distant for now.

So I've been dithering about working on Zombie Run 5k for a few weeks. I did the intro just after the last challenge finished up and shocked myself with how I did. Yesterday I did ep 1 and it was cake so I'll use this group as an excuse to keep working on it. Running isn't really part of my challenge but it's something I've been wanting to work on for a while. There's a link to my challenge thread in my sig. Here's my ZombieLink: https://www.zombiesrungame.com/Amdhiel/.

Added!

Can I join in too please? I'm in season 3.

Of course you can! Added~

• Like 1

Mini-Challenge #1: Get to Know Your Fellow Runners

We're a family here at Abel Township, and since runners often leave on missions in pairs, it's good to get to know your fellow runners. Introduce yourselves (name, where you're from, your favorite ZR! character, your favorite aspect of the app, your personal running goals, etc.), visit each other's challenge threads (links in the OP), and let's get our encouragement on!

And there's something to be said about experience, and everyone has their own, so if Jack and Eugene can forgive the blatant stealing of one of their radio show segments, let's hear some of your best zombie apocalypse-surviving and/or running advice!

Hi! I'm Vicki, or blkhole24601 if you'd rather stick with user names, and I'm from Colorado where our running motto is: Sea level is for sissies. No, really, we have an entire merchandise line dedicated to the phrase. :lol: I'm currently in the middle of season 2 of the main app.

My favorite characters in Zombies, Run! are easily Sam, Maxine, Jack and Eugene, and Archie. Do not speak to me of Nadia. My favorite aspect of the app is the immersion factor. Even without the chase feature on, I find myself running faster when the story calls for it, wanting to (and sometimes actually) respond to the things that are going on around Runner 5 in the app (like making snippy comments at the other characters, or swearing under my breath whenever something bad happens), and laughing along to some of the shenanigans that go on. Right now, my running goal is simply to run faster. In the past month I have PR'ed two race distances and I want to keep this up. Eventually, I'd love to be able to run a sub-25 minute 5K, a sub-50 minute 10K, and a sub-2 hour half marathon.

My favorite piece of zombie apocalypse surviving advice is to always make sure that when you're on your run, you pick up something, even if it is dirty underwear or a dozen sports bras. Zombies are easily distracted by that stuff if you ever need to make a quick getaway! For running advice, make sure you're wearing the right kind of shoes for your feet! Trust me, wearing some random running shoes that you picked out because you liked the design when you have flat feet is a recipe for injury. Just don't do it. Get fitted if you can!

• Like 2

Name:  Matt Peterson

From:  Originally, a small town in Wisconsin called Hammond, but now live in the big city, or cities.  The Twin Cities, specifically Minneapolis.

Favorite Character:  Honestly, probably Archie.  Just met her in my last mission (S2M2), but she's got sass!   Seems a little shifty, so not sure I trust her yet, but we'll have to find out.

Favorite aspect of App:  Zombies, of course.  Feels a bit like you're in an episode of the Walking Dead.

Personal Running Goals:  Long term, I'd like to get back to a 24 minute 5k.  Used to be able to do that in my sleep in high school, but I was tiny then.  And no where near as strong as I am now.  I had way more spare time.  The list goes on.  :) 

That said, right now, though, it's more just extra calorie burn in my cut.  Trying to get down to a 185lbs without losing too much muscle.

• Like 3

I'm here!  I'm here!   

I was a Level 0 Newb last challenge (after my own NF "Delete" and "New Game".)  I did Zombie 5K last challenge (and hoped to finish up in the two week break, but that didn't happen.  I still have Week 8 to get through and then on to the main app.  Finishing Season 1 is my goal for this challenge.

NF Challenge Thread

Zombies, Run!  (Please note, I had some sync issues with using multiple version of app, a phone that died without syncing, a long wait on a replacement phone, and a crappy loaner phone, so some of my days look like I did 4 runs on one day.  That's inaccurate!)  

Name:   Lauren S.

Favorite Character:   5K App:  Rajit, Becca, Jody
Favorite Aspect:  Immersion!  
Personal Running Goals:    Continue to rebuild capacity, Maybe run a 15K in January.  Maybe. 
Running Advice:  Be consistent.  Embrace the runs that suck (you get benefit from those too)

• Like 2

Name: Stephanie/Amdheil

From: well... born and raised in and around Hershey, PA, went to college in Philly, moved to Portland, OR, after college (2008-2013) and now living in Madison, WI.

Favortie Character: Haven't gotten in far enough... and I'm baised to the voices because I've been working on the Walk for awhile. The person who does Sam plays a major role in that and well... let's just say its interesting and bias inducing.

Favorite aspect: The immersive nature and gamification of running, its nice to have something silly to strive for and people cheering you on while your in the heat of it.

Running Goals: For now just to be able to run a 5k to prove to my severly asthmatic self that it can be done during a WI winter nonetheless. While walking is great it can take forever and upping my game/speed seems like a smart place to focus.

Big picture goals are to decrease my BF% and weight. I'm eating a high protein diet to maintain muscule and am doing a body weight program to increase strength.

• Like 2

Name:  Brandon

Favorite Character:   The Zombies
Favorite Aspect:  Immersion for me too.  I was cutting through a park the other day in the dark and flinched when I heard zombies.
Personal Running Goals:    I want to be faster.  I feel so slow.
Running Advice:  Keep at it and embrace the small changes.

• Like 2