• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

blkhole24601

Raise the Gates! Runner 5s of Abel Township

Hm, maybe your songs are shorter than mine, but I usually find it's good for 25-30 min. If you go to the settings you can find an item called "mission length" which you can use to space out the speech parts a bit so the mission as a whole lasts longer. Basically it means two songs between each instead of just one, but it might help when you've built your distances back up...?

I very nearly changed that setting, but then decided that I'd rather have the full mission completed than miss out. I think I'll try adding some longer songs and see how that goes. :)

I'm doing okay for Week 1. Listened to Season 2 Banditos while working on intervals the other day, and tomorrow is the next episode Ghost Town... there's a theme here, and I think I'm loving it. :lol:

Also torn about what to do for my strength days. I ran out of Season 1 Radio Mode, and I don't know if I want to save Season 2 Radio Mode for the end of missions or keep at it for my strength training. I mean, listening to just music while I lift is fine and all, but man, idkkkkk.

If it's too short, maybe switch from Normal length to Long length? For a while I could only get less than 2 miles on Normal mode. Lately the estimate of "Normal = ~30 minutes" is more accurate, but yeah, for a while, Normal = ~20 minutes. ;;;;;;

Go on, treat yourself ;) Don't forget, there's a third season...

I ran, or stumbled through, number 11 last night.  I've been working the kettlebell and doing pushups this week too and everything was tight.  It did not help.  I think I need to spend some time stretching out my back tonight.

Thanks, Dawsy.

I will take a break for the week. So I will finish up my second week on the 5k training next Thursday. In the mean time I will be doing the stretching and the massaging.

I came across an interesting video about shin splints and thought of you. It talks about how the type of shoe you wear could potentially be causing the shin splints. Michael Sandler (the guy in the video) is one of my running yodas, so I tend to listen to most of what he has to say. 

Well worth a watch (you have to wait for hte video to load completely for some reason before you can watch it....)

http://mindfulrunning.kajabi.com/fe/74886-injury-14-shin-splints

• Like 1

Haven't got any in yet.  Thinking about doing one tomorrow.  We'll see if I can get outside since it's going to ~10 degrees.  And I'm not really sure if the trails are plowed around here.  Otherwise, I'll have to settle for doing a mission on the treadmill.  Not nearly as fun since I don't to increase my "Zombie Avoid" stats. 

Also, has anyone else had issues where the app doesn't notify you that Zombies are nearby?  I know in Season 1 every time I picked up an item or Zombies were nearby a little voice told me.  But since I started Season 2, I don't get this.  Music still works and the sound still works for the clips explaining the mission.  I just don't get notifications about items or zombies (which means I'm constantly checking my phone to know if a chase has started). 

Haven't done any searching on it yet, but figured I'd start here.  I'm running Android 4.1.2 if that helps.

• Like 1

Managed to finish ep 4 yesterday and did well. The temp was somewhere in the 20s and I accidentally over dressed a bit but I didn't have any breathing problems! I was a it slower but considering the temps I'm good with that. Sadly my knee is still bugging me but I'm getting a massage today which will hopefully help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Collected a pair of shorts

Quick update on my weekend run. Managed to get in a treadmill 5k speed test to the tune of the Siege! mission. Excellent result with my time coming in at a satisfying 28:46 for 5k.

• Like 1

So Season 2, episode S13, Zombies, Row! ...... probably would have been more immersive if I'd been rowing. :lol: Naturally, I guess! I thought the episode would be something completely different, tbh. ;;;;;

Spoilers for S2 ep4 and S2 ep7

I'm really glad that after ep4 and 7 that Nadia isn't too involved with Runner 5 anymore as she shouldn't be, but man, this episode, why is she around? I imagined myself saying to Sam when she and Jamie swam off to the island, "I wouldn't be surprised if she's trying to get me killed again." I don't hate her as passionately as I used to but I'm still uncomfortable with her?

Eh, well, I saved her life this time, so maybe she'll damn well remember this.

Also, I think I'm finally becoming fond of Jamie. ^_^

• Like 1

Mini-Challenge #2: Dr. Myers' Recommendation

Clean water is hard to come by these days, but that doesn't mean you still shouldn't be drinking lots of it when you can! According to Dr. Myers, making sure that you drink clean water is as important towards survival as not getting bitten by the zombs since it makes sure that you have a clean system for running, can prevent injuries and sickness, and can also prevent, you know, death by dehydration. It's a real thing.

So for this week, be sure to increase your water intake! If your pee is pale, you know you're getting enough. If you consistently pass the pee test because you already drink plenty of water, Janine's garden has a rainbow of different vegetables to choose from, so try something you've never tried before. Healthy runners are the runners who survive their missions!

And don't forget to report on your missions and check in with your fellow runners. We're still always and forevermore in this together.

• Like 1

Collected a packet of allergy medication

Completed Horde this morning - the penultimate installment of season 1. Getting pretty dicey out there! There was heaps of pollen in the air, so it was a very undignified run if I do say so myself. Did alright, though, with a time of 33 minutes flat for the 5k - less than my weekend speed test, but an improvement over last week's road times. 

I came out of the gates a bit fast this morning (damn you zombies!), so I ran out of steam onthe home stretch. I think I can do better on my next run.

+1 for a massive glass (1L) of water when I got home :)

• Like 1

I did another run yesterday so finished 3 walk/runs last week from the 5k app! I think it was slower because there was still snow and such on the ground in various places.

Check out this water link for more detailed information... I'm all about the water. 

Thanks for that! I think I'm at something like 2L so far today and it's not enough. I really need to work on hitting 3L or so everyday because even at 2L I'm always thirsty >.<.

*Collected a speck of dust*

Short run around the neighbourhood and along the towpath at lunch with one of those preposterous-and-not-very-exciting episodes you get from time to time.

• Like 1

I had a second go at it during a rowing club workout (cheating really because there wasn't much running involved. I had intended more running and rowing but ended up doing everything but those two things). Anyway, sometimes the music fits really, really well with the story and you have a nice serendipitous moment but I listened to "Old World" which is really spooky, very different from the preceding episodes and finishes on a huge cliffhanger so I was just feeling suitably thrilled and chilled when the next song came on: "Dude Looks Like a Lady".

Hm

My base now looks like a small city.

e67b8b129911166c63ccd5d1d81357ea.jpg

• Like 1

Holy cow! How did you get it that big?

Marathon training last year, mostly. Its relentless expansion has slowed lately.