Raise the Gates! Runner 5s of Abel Township

Ah ah ah, I want to run with the lot of you Runner 5s! Zombies Run! 5k is pretty specifically my 2nd quest sooo....yah! Can we help keep Abel running smoothly together? :D

I'm Jaz, pleasure to meetcha! Running with the 5k app, currently on 2.2 (I didn't use this app as much as I should've Q~Q).

As for the W1 Mini: I am Jaz of Sacramento, California with the biggest crush on Dr. Myers and a need to outrun multiple zombies when I drop my bat. I didn't mean to drop youyou, Mr. Woody, honest! As for personal goals, I want to be a runner because I love the feeling of going as fast as I can or as long as I can and just having the wind rushing in my face, the feel of pavement beneath my shoes, the hood of my sleeveless zipup being pulled back by the sheer velocity...that and I never thought I would love running with zoms as much as I do now. Hehe!

Ah, challenge thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56615-first-step-to-outrunning-templars-and-grimm-alike/#entry1288376

• Like 2

Ah ah ah, I want to run with the lot of you Runner 5s! Zombies Run! 5k is pretty specifically my 2nd quest sooo....yah! Can we help keep Abel running smoothly together? :D

I'm Jaz, pleasure to meetcha! Running with the 5k app, currently on 2.2 (I didn't use this app as much as I should've Q~Q).

As for the W1 Mini: I am Jaz of Sacramento, California with the biggest crush on Dr. Myers and a need to outrun multiple zombies when I drop my bat. I didn't mean to drop youyou, Mr. Woody, honest! As for personal goals, I want to be a runner because I love the feeling of going as fast as I can or as long as I can and just having the wind rushing in my face, the feel of pavement beneath my shoes, the hood of my sleeveless zipup being pulled back by the sheer velocity...that and I never thought I would love running with zoms as much as I do now. Hehe!

Ah, challenge thread: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/56615-first-step-to-outrunning-templars-and-grimm-alike/#entry1288376

Welcome, Runner 5! Glad you found us. Help yourself to a marmite sandwich and a sports bra.
  • Like 1

So I'm still on season 1... and last night they sent me on a supply run to pick up D&D books and minis.... I was laughing out loud in the gym.

That's my favorite one!  It's hard to run and laugh at the same time. Not those games, but these.... get all you can carry!

During that run, I happened to be passing by shopping centers, so extra fun there.

So I'm still on season 1... and last night they sent me on a supply run to pick up D&D books and minis.... I was laughing out loud in the gym.

After the episode that preceded it, it was a much, much needed laugh. One of my favorite episodes of Season 1! (Go out one day and cry in public, go out the next and laugh in public, all while running. People must have thought I was nuts. XD)

Sorry for the delayed welcome. Dragon Age: Inquisition ate me. I only escaped long enough to get to work to finish a project that needs to get done before the weekend. :lol: (And I noticed you're making an Izzy cosplay? I LOVE YOU FOR THIS BECAUSE IZZY IS BEST.)

Anyhoo... WELCOME!! And Dr. Myers is so much awesomesauce, I agree! Love her. ^_^ You've been added~

I know I'm rather late, but I'd like to join up if that's alright! I'm using the 5k app, and one of my challenge goals is to finish it. Here's my challenge, and my ZR profile

I'm Claire, from Sydney in Australia.  I'm a novice runner, but certainly enjoying myself! It's amazing how much more motivation I have to get outside when I have the dramas of Abel Township to listen to.  I haven't met that many characters yet, but so far Sam is my favourite, even though he keeps laughing at my knee lifts.  And in terms of zombie running survival, my advice would be to take a dog with you - if the worst comes to the worst they can always provide a distraction while you sprint to safety.  

Also, I noticed a few Dragon Age fans in here, which is awesome.  I've spent way too many hours playing both of the first games, and am reluctant to get Inquisition just yet because I know that I won't leave my room for a month afterwards :/

• Like 3

I managed the last run of week 5 in Zombies 5K today.  It definitely went better than my first two this week (thanks hot weather), but I'm still finding it pretty tough.  I managed to run for 2 minutes today non-stop, but that's pretty much my limit.  Perhaps I need to run more slowly? Although I find it hard to picture myself going any slower than I already am  :nonchalance:

On the plus side, my canine companion is getting better at running with me.  There was a hairy moment where she spotted some rabbits, but apart from that she was pretty good about staying in my general proximity.  I'm sure she thinks I'm incredibly slow and boring.  

I'm slow as well.... That's ok! Still faster than sitting on the couch! The point is that you are moving in a forward direction.  

I live in a hot place, Arizona, USA.  It's often 105+F degrees  in the summer and nearly impossible to run.  I ran when it was early enough to be 85F still.  I always carried a half liter of water with me, usually gone by the end of the run.  There were a few days that it never cooled off that much, 90F first thing in the morning...  I shortened my run, sprint/walks.  I also used a treadmill, which I hated... it got me through though.

I ran three races, 5k in 100F.  They were at sunset and drenching your shirt at the beginning helps.  The evening cooloff helps, but it wasn't easy.

Collected a water bottle

This morning I finished season 1...not sure how I feel about the ending other than I regret not starting over from the beginning, rather than picking up where I left off after a long break.

7.5 k in the bank though, so all's good. On to season 2!

Chronologically, the race missions take place between 1 and 2 and their plots go towards setting up one of the main characters - Van Ark - who appears in season 2, so if you happen to be able to do some race-length runs before starting season 2 you might find it more satisfying. I didn't though, and it wasn't too hard to extrapolate what had happened in the meantime.

Chronologically, the race missions take place between 1 and 2 and their plots go towards setting up one of the main characters - Van Ark - who appears in season 2, so if you happen to be able to do some race-length runs before starting season 2 you might find it more satisfying. I didn't though, and it wasn't too hard to extrapolate what had happened in the meantime.

Thanks mate, I didn't even notice the race missions. I'll definitely do the 5k this challenge and maybe the 10k at the very end. Thanks for the tip.

Thanks to my boyfriend being sick most of the weekend, I basically drank nothing but water the past few days. Still feeling a bit under the weather, but fortunately it's nothing quite like what he had, so I'm calling it a win!

Also ran to one of the side missions of season 2, Zombies, Climb! It cracked me up. I was worried that it was going to be like Zombies, Row! where I ought to have been rowing instead of running, but no, the climbing meant running up a mountain path. And oh, Maxine, you're ridiculously adorable in your awful matchmaking schemes, it's sort of ridiculous. :lol:

Thanks mate, I didn't even notice the race missions. I'll definitely do the 5k this challenge and maybe the 10k at the very end. Thanks for the tip.

The race missions are fantastic and are actually very relevant to the main plot! If you don't do them, in season 2 they do recap the race mission plots for you during the relevant episodes, but it's still worth doing, and I love that it's distance-based. My only complaint is that I wish the story clips were louder than my songs when the two are playing at the same time...

Mini-Challenge #3: Your Very Own W.G.

Loyal listeners of Radio Abel, I'm sure you're very aware of the hosts' recommendation to always have a zombie-killing weapon of your very own. Jack, for instance, is very fond of his cricket bat, fondly named W.G. Now, we're all runners because we're capable of outrunning the zombs, but we're also only human, and sometimes we just don't have an extra sports bra to drop to distract them if they manage to catch up to us? Frickin' fast zombs, eh?

So, it's always good to be prepared. Step One is easy enough: find a good zombie-killing weapon. Cricket bats, axes, whatever. Something durable, doesn't need much maintenance, and can take the zombs out quickly is always the best option. Step Two, though, is actually training so that you have the brute strength to use your weapon of choice effectively.

Therefore, this week, spend some extra time focusing on pushing or swinging upper body exercises. Punches/boxing, push-ups, medicine ball throwdowns, kettlebell swings, just to name a few examples. If it's something that will help you swing that axe or give a zombie a good ol' knock-out, dedicate at least a little bit of time to it!

I feel really good about my run this evening. I did most of it during my breaks in Psych, but it was still so much fun. I ran around school, crazy looks from folks I'm sure, but there were alot of places to stop and sneak glances around the corner like I was really running Abel. Damn Janine for sending me out to get trash, love Dr. Myers for egging me on that the zombs wouldn't get me.

RAISE THE GATES.

I'm going to be irresponsible and go one the first workout of Week 3 tomorrow morning...I don't like being this far behind...but then I'm back to 3 runs a week.

Thanks for the welcomes by the way! The marmite was as yum as marmite gets, the sports bra much appreciated (this Runner 5 is fairly well endowed), and the manifestos are nice breaks from Rajit's novel. I wonder if it'll hit shelves after the apocalypse ends...

Ah, but back to runs! Oh and blkhole24601? Izzy is the very best. I'm kinda sad that I haven't heard anything about her coming back in Inquisition! Q~Q

It's overcast with a slight breeze today - great running weather!  I ran a week 6 mission today, and after my past few difficult runs, I decided to focus on running reeeeally slowly.  And it worked! I ran for 7 (!!!!) mins non-stop, I could still breathe, and my pace actually wasn't much slower than it has been.  I'm so chuffed  :nevreness:

<snip>

Therefore, this week, spend some extra time focusing on pushing or swinging upper body exercises. Punches/boxing, push-ups, medicine ball throwdowns, kettlebell swings, just to name a few examples. If it's something that will help you swing that axe or give a zombie a good ol' knock-out, dedicate at least a little bit of time to it!

This is a great idea.  I'm either going to find something kettlebell-like to swing, or get out my hockey stick and attack some inanimate objects. 

• Like 1

I've completed two beach runs this week, and owwwww, my calves!  I thought I was running pretty much on my toes, but barefoot is a different thing altogether!

On the plus side, I got to splash around in the waves, and I only have 2 weeks left of 5K.  Looking forward to being a real Abel runner and building up my base. 

• Like 2