Gutshot: Re-ranging the rangy ranger....

Gutshot

Is that even english?

Ok, it's been a crappy year but thinks are, I pray, normalizing.  That being the case, I'm going to try this again.

Main Quest:  Be a better, faster, stronger me.

Goal #1: 100 pushups.  I picked up one of the 100 pushup apps.  Helpfully it builds you up to 100 consecutive pushups in 6 weeks.  Coincidence, I think not! (STR+3 STA+2)

Goal #2:  Zombies!  I've been using the zombies run app and it's a blast.  I haven't been very consistent though.  The goal here is to normalize my running to the 3 times a week, M-W-F, as I've always intended. (STA+4 DEX+1)

Goal #3: Hulk Smash!  I own 3 kettle bells.  I need to actually be using them if they're going to help.  I'm shooting to work with them also 3 times a week, T-Th-S.  (STR+5)

and as a side life goal... our house is actually clean... well cleanish... now.  I want to keep it that way.

Thoughts?

(edited for stat assignment)

• Like 1

Gutshot, Level 2 Dwarf Ranger STR 3|DEX 2|STA 6|CON 8|WIS 5|CHA 6.5

Rangy Ranger

Runner 5s

Fitbit

Fitocracy

Zombies, Run!

Max Consecutive Daily Pushups Out of 100 Pushup Target

12%
12%

Awesome challenge!

100 push ups sounds pretty epic

Dwarf Power!

Bjorn

Dwarven Ranger 2

Str. 2 Dex. 1 Con. 3 End. 3 Wis. 1 Cha. 1

Stronglifts 5x5

Squat (% of 270)

30%
30%

Deadlift (% of 360)

32%
32%

Overhead Press (% of 120)

50%
50%

Bench Press (% of 200)

32.5%
32.5%

Barbell Row (% of 180)

47%
47%

Sounds good. Might help to make the housecleaning goal a little more specific. I can tell you what I've come up with (over the past few challenges), but of course, think about what works for you.

1. Every week I make a list of 7 chores that each take about 15 min. I do them, usually over the weekend. Things like taking the garbage out, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, changing sheets.

2. Every weekday morning I have a list of 5 chores I try to have done (either in the morning or the night before) before I leave for work. Easy things that make the house "seem" cleaner and less cluttered to me: dishes done, bed made, no clothes on the floor, no junk on the dining room table, living room tidy.

What's nice about this system is that it is clear....the things are either done or they aren't.

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

Hello, fellow Runner 5! Love your goals, and kettlebells are no joke, wow. A couple of weeks ago I did a circuit training class that focused on the kettlebells and it was the first time I got DOMS in a while!

Best of luck to you!!!!!

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log

That is a GREAT exercise combo. I approve of anything that involved kettlebells and pushup progressions. /subbed!

You rock, keep on keeping on!

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Had a decent run last night and knocked out some more push-ups.  I'm progressing on the push-ups, though they're not amazing in form.  With time I suppose.  Running seems a bit stagnant.  I've been write around the same speed and duration on my runs for a few weeks.

• Like 1

Gutshot, Level 2 Dwarf Ranger STR 3|DEX 2|STA 6|CON 8|WIS 5|CHA 6.5

Rangy Ranger

Runner 5s

Fitbit

Fitocracy

Zombies, Run!

Max Consecutive Daily Pushups Out of 100 Pushup Target

12%
12%

Nice job with the push ups! Have you ever looked at the MobilityWod site? I was doing something similar while I was travelling, since I wasn't getting to the gym so often and I was walking with a load enough to keep my legs in shape. Then... I got on Kelly Starrett's youtube page and found that my form was absolutely crappy after the first 10... yikes!

Congrats on the running! Does Zombies, Run! mix up the pace for you at all? I've never used it. 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs