• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teros

RPG Fanatics Guild - Battle of THE RED ONE

ChristArtist was amazed at the benefit of this gem in Sulak's chest.  She could not help but check on him now and then...especially with him so fearful of the water.  Oddly enough, Sulak and Gabriel, ChristArtist's companion, had grown close...Gabriel had a way with winning over others.  The storm was not helping with the fear situation.

She remembered the stories in her Book about the storms, and the boats, and big fish, and fear of being lost - and she knew that she had been given a peace in this situation, and yet, her struggles with fear were with the craggy rocks and darkness up ahead - but at the moment - how was she going to keep her eye out on this hoard of people in the dark cold water - in the midst of the storm?

"Ok, everyone - there's a game from long ago that I read about called Marco Polo.  I don't know what it pertains to, but it may help us keep an ear out for each other, since our eyes cannot see.

KitBi - can you yell out Marco - when you get a vine, and then someone call out Polo, and your name - when you grab one?  I'll count, and hopefully, we'll come up with the right number. Teros - if you would rather us be quiet(with all the splashing, wood splintering, and Sulak's bleating) to surprise those at this island, then say so!"

ChristArtist, took off her cloak and twisted it into a ropelike coil, and wrapped it around her waist - and put her arm around Gabriel's neck - Sulak's arm was holding onto Gabriel's harness on the other side.  ChristArtist loved to swim...but not in the dark! Then she remembered her spiritual armor - armor not made by human hands, but by a divine hand.  One of it's qualities was light.  She prayed that 'her light would shine' and the armor began to glow.  Not bright enough for everyone, but enough for her and those very near her to see what was  a few feet ahead for safety. "If I can get the three of us somewhere, someone can help us up onto the rocks...or the beach...or whatever is available..." she said to herself, trailing off in thought as she tried to guide the little group forward.  About this time she was wondering if she should have just stayed back at the manse and wait for them to come tell her all about it!

For those that are new - my name is ChristArtist, aka LadyWildRoss.  My husband is one of the Warriors, and when I first started NF was much smaller, and almost everyone knew him, and therefore, I took his name.

This year, as I started to come into my own at NF, as well as making friends with folks that didn't know WildRoss, I reverted back to my screen name from other social media and my art.

I am 54, raised 5 children to adult hood - with no deaths or mutilations throughout puberty(their's, not mine) - I have a service dog named Gabriel, hence my companion in this game - and I have been married to WildRoss for 34 years - for some better years and some worse years, but as Data says, we have become accustomed to each other's facial programming as Commander Data said " As I experience certain sensory input patterns, my mental pathways become accustomed to them. The input is eventually anticipated, and even missed when absent. "

I have built my character's abilities over this past year, based upon my faith, and understanding of a Christian Mystic - so, my stuff doesn't really work quite the same as everyone else's.  This also tends to cover my ignorance of the RPG stuff since 1978!

Administration duty: http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/55823-christartist-cruises-into-the-new-year/

I don't see the sign up sheet for this challenge....;-)

Now, let's go get us a witch!

• Like 3

Straight in to it, the orc thought ruefully

~ ~ ~ He had missed the battles with the last demon, having been laid low by magic that distorted and tortured the mind. What use was a berserker that could not find his rage?

Had it not been for help of his fellow adventurers, somehow managing to get communications to him despite the battles they were fighting themselves he wasn't sure if he would have ever rediscovered his rage.

But rediscover it he had, and now he had something to prove ~ ~ ~

The orc tapped in to a small part of that rage now, the fire of it warming his body despite the icy waters he found himself in. Battle axe safely strapped to his back the orc started to take might strokes, propelling himself forwards with ease whilst grabbing any of the heroes that were less able in water and taking them along with him

• Like 3

I'm back, and I'm not going to cop out this time!

Viscura followed the group quietly onto the boat, barely even noticing where they were headed until the crash jolted zir out of zir reverie. The dark voices in zir head were drowning out everything else, even the cold water on the parts of zir that were flesh barely registered.

Viscura lifted zir head slowly and looked around, taking in the scene. Ze swam to shore, grabbing hold of anyone ze saw floundering on the way.

As the others began to climb out of the water, Viscura stood back, the waves lapping at zir legs, watching for anyone in difficulty, trying desperately to pull a blanket over the vices in zir head that told zir what a freak ze was, hoe useless ze was, how ze should just give up and die, how the people ze fought with talked about zir behind zir back and wished e would leave.

For zirself, Viscura supposed ze probably would, but ze had fought too long beside these people to give up now. Even if the voices were right, it didn't matter. Ze had sworn to help them, and help them ze would.

Shaking zirself both physically and mentally, ze reached out a hand to help those still swimming, and guided them towards the rocks.

My bravery is kind of coming by default this week, but it's coming twice,
First, there's a team manager's position opening up at my paying job. The other managers, and my higher managers, have been helping me get into position for this, and I've been doing TM jobs on top of my normal coordinator stuff just about every shift. I'm exactly where the higher managers wanted me to be the next time a TM post opened up, and there's one on the way.

Application info for that job should be given to me this week. I know I have earned it, and there is nobody else in that place better positioned, more qualified and more deserving. Even the TM who is leaving for a different role in the company, has told me she wants me to be her replacement, as have some of the team I'd be managing.

So Bravery 1: apply for the job.

Secondly, on Wednesday I make my next visit to the gender clinic. This is the last part of my assessment, and I'm taking along one of my closest friends.I should come out of the with a bit more of a roadmap as to how my transitioning process will go.

I made a promise early on to be open about the whole thing, which means whatever goes on in the appointment, the basics of it, what it means, how it feels, all get blogged about shortly after. Something which is scary every single time I do it!

Bravery 2: gender clinic followed by public discussion of what's happening next, including updating of parents even though they're still outright refusing to accept anything or speak to me.

It's a good week to be brave!

• Like 5

be brave : 

well, i just did my budget for the next 3 months, as well as for maternity leave. And i can't make it work... i'm in the red. I will know the $ i will raelly make in about 2-4 weeks, and will see if the budget is realistic or not. But for now it doesn't look too good. I was scared to find that result, and have no clue how to fix it

i am wondering if i should have worked longer instead, but i know my health is more important.

the next step will be to be honest with my bf and figure it out together, and that scares me shitless .... This will be hard. i don't know how it will turn out, i am scared that bad choices i made repetedly in the past will make him want to leave me. I hope we are stronger than that, but i feel so stupid at the moment.

i figure, if i show i can be a good housewife (!), clean well, cut general spending in our housing expanses, keep groceries low, it might ease the hardship a little... but this seems like so little compared to this big challenge.

i know we'll figure it out but it just seems so BIG... holy shit

• Like 4

My bravery is kind of coming by default this week, but it's coming twice,

First, there's a team manager's position opening up at my paying job. The other managers, and my higher managers, have been helping me get into position for this, and I've been doing TM jobs on top of my normal coordinator stuff just about every shift. I'm exactly where the higher managers wanted me to be the next time a TM post opened up, and there's one on the way.

Application info for that job should be given to me this week. I know I have earned it, and there is nobody else in that place better positioned, more qualified and more deserving. Even the TM who is leaving for a different role in the company, has told me she wants me to be her replacement, as have some of the team I'd be managing.

So Bravery 1: apply for the job.

That's awesome, congratulations!

• Like 2

Copied from my thread:

be brave (part 2)

When my bf came back home from his badminton, my son woke up so i went to his bed to put him back to sleep. When i returned to my room i snuggled with bf and told him about the budget and that my prevision was looking bad and in the red. That depending on the real amount of $ i would get it could be just ok or in red.

Very understanding and calm he told me we would manage as a family. I told him i made it my mission to make sure we ate good food on a low budget and we will cut back on restaurants and whatever we can. He will provide what is missing.

All the questions i was fearing weren't even asked, and it went very smoothly.

I was scared for nothing.

I say week one's mini is done with success.

:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

When realized that the boat would crash, Clarys jump in the water, so she wouldn't get in the middle of the splinters. She swim south, even in the dark her elf's eyes can see something, and she is in her element in the water.

My brave thing for all this month is participate on the NaNoWriMo.

I´m afraid of writing, and I have a thesis to write soon, I have to conquer this fear.

I´m discovering a creative side of me that I didn't know I have!

I will add everyone, but I can´t promise that I will comment anything, I will just lurk! :tongue:

• Like 5

My Brave SoundTrack:

I had to jump into a BRAVE moment yesterday - I had been a little hurt that some friends had not invited Jim and I along for the birthday party at Cirque du soliel - and I teased them(I was in surgery in Miami when they made the plans)

Well - one husband had to stay over at a job, and was not going to be able to make it - and I was asked to use that ticket!

Now - here's the braves:'

What do I wear? I always feel I dress wrong.

What do I do with my hair?  I am not normally a prettifying girl.

Do I play with makeup, Do I wear jewelry? IF yes - which ones, how much, will it look right?

BIG ONE - since I wasn't originally invited - am I really wanted?  Will I feel like a third wheel(or in this case, the 6th wheel).

HUGE CROWDS OF PEOPLE

Leaving Gabriel behind - turns out it was for about 6 hours - with no one(the birthday girl is extremely allergic to dogs - and I understand extreme allergies!)

I had a fantastic time...and build stronger ties with these friends.  One Brave down!

Next Brave:

Am I getting the right things ready for Boston's Nerdup?

Have I planned enough food?

Will people there like me? (Alien Jenn already likes me, having met me - so, I am safe with one person)

Can I help nerds meet and interact in safety(most nerds are shy)

Can I be me while also meeting strangers?

Flying with Gabriel and Jim - a bit tense

Find our way around Boston

Not wasting the time I have in Boston.

THE WEATHER - I DON'T HAVE COLD WEATHER CLOTHES!

The race - will I be freezing and end up in horrible pain?

Ok - packing...I always worry that I don't pack right and that I forget something terribly important!

So - that starts today!

• Like 2

My Brave SoundTrack:

I had to jump into a BRAVE moment yesterday - I had been a little hurt that some friends had not invited Jim and I along for the birthday party at Cirque du soliel - and I teased them(I was in surgery in Miami when they made the plans)

Well - one husband had to stay over at a job, and was not going to be able to make it - and I was asked to use that ticket!

Now - here's the braves:'

What do I wear? I always feel I dress wrong.

What do I do with my hair?  I am not normally a prettifying girl.

Do I play with makeup, Do I wear jewelry? IF yes - which ones, how much, will it look right?

BIG ONE - since I wasn't originally invited - am I really wanted?  Will I feel like a third wheel(or in this case, the 6th wheel).

HUGE CROWDS OF PEOPLE

Leaving Gabriel behind - turns out it was for about 6 hours - with no one(the birthday girl is extremely allergic to dogs - and I understand extreme allergies!)

I had a fantastic time...and build stronger ties with these friends.  One Brave down!

Next Brave:

Am I getting the right things ready for Boston's Nerdup?

Have I planned enough food?

Will people there like me? (Alien Jenn already likes me, having met me - so, I am safe with one person)

Can I help nerds meet and interact in safety(most nerds are shy)

Can I be me while also meeting strangers?

Flying with Gabriel and Jim - a bit tense

Find our way around Boston

Not wasting the time I have in Boston.

THE WEATHER - I DON'T HAVE COLD WEATHER CLOTHES!

The race - will I be freezing and end up in horrible pain?

Ok - packing...I always worry that I don't pack right and that I forget something terribly important!

So - that starts today!

Cirque di Solei! I'd love see them some day!

If you follow the same pattern from CNF, you will pack way more things that You need! :P

And you will be fine with the nerds! Such amazing people are this bunch!

I've been procrastinating some work stuff for a while, so I waited until I was done with them before posting here. Mostly making calls to break bad news, topped by one I've been struggling for over a month to make. I won't get into details, this is a public forum and I've shown my face on more than one occasions, plus professional confidentiality, but I've made them. It's also helped me with getting back in line work-wise. I feel more honest, productive and once again, a weight has been removed from my shoulders. Seriously, once I was done with that last hardest call, I had to pause and take 5 deep breaths to calm down before I could go on. I have a love-hate relationship with these "be brave" challenges.

• Like 5

Bravery, pretty easy to think of my brave this week. I've just moved out of my childhood home and into my first house with my fiance. I'm so happy and love being with him, but I miss my family and home and being on our own in the big wide worlds pretty scary. There's no real way to face this except to live and create our own routine and sense of home :)

Also just started lifting proper and getting over fear of injury has been fun xD

• Like 3

Hey kids,

I'm back after dropping off without any warning last challenge, and if you're willing to give me another chance I'd like to play along.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Peter, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and am 40 years old.

Be Brave Challenge:

Quite timely really, this is me pulling my head out of the sand and taking part in the world again.

A little background...

I ended a 7 year long relationship around the start of the last challenge. I was tired of being with somebody who was negative all the time and was stuck in a mental rut. I tired to support her and show her that the world is more than a job you hate and selfish family members using you, but she couldn't/wouldn't change and I had to jump ship because I didn't like who it was turning me into. AND to make matters worse, I found/find myself falling in love for the first time in my life with somebody else (with a friend) .

So, I got bite by the Black Dog hard last challenge, trying to figure out how I feel, and about whom without doing something I would regret later. I've always been a "moody bastard", but this threw me for a loop.

As things stand now, I'm trying to get a handle on my emotions and center myself. I'm staying friendly with the object of my affections since I'm still a mess, and to be honest I can't take anymore rejection in my life right now.

So... now that I've thrown that out there, let's go kick butt!!!

• Like 8

Hey kids,

I'm back after dropping off without any warning last challenge, and if you're willing to give me another chance I'd like to play along.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Peter, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and am 40 years old.

Be Brave Challenge:

Quite timely really, this is me pulling my head out of the sand and taking part in the world again.

A little background...

I ended a 7 year long relationship around the start of the last challenge. I was tired of being with somebody who was negative all the time and was stuck in a mental rut. I tired to support her and show her that the world is more than a job you hate and selfish family members using you, but she couldn't/wouldn't change and I had to jump ship because I didn't like who it was turning me into. AND to make matters worse, I found/find myself falling in love for the first time in my life with somebody else (with a friend) .

So, I got bite by the Black Dog hard last challenge, trying to figure out how I feel, and about whom without doing something I would regret later. I've always been a "moody bastard", but this threw me for a loop.

As things stand now, I'm trying to get a handle on my emotions and center myself. I'm staying friendly with the object of my affections since I'm still a mess, and to be honest I can't take anymore rejection in my life right now.

*hugs* Good to see you back around, petefeet. 

• Like 2

Cirque di Solei! I'd love see them some day!

If you follow the same pattern from CNF, you will pack way more things that You need! :P

And you will be fine with the nerds! Such amazing people are this bunch!

Everyone is telling my secrets!

Clarys, Would you believe I have one suitcase for me, and one for my christ warrior bear, the cpap machines, and my bag of teas? You'd be proud of me!

• Like 1

Hey kids,

Be Brave Challenge:

A little background...

Is so good to see you back here!
  • Like 1

Be Brave: completed most the documentation needed for me to re-apply for college. all i have to do now is turn it in then register for classes

the icy water was making it difficult to move. KZacher then took a deep breath and dunked himself under for a minute to help acclimate himself to the new climate. when he resurfaced. the darkness didn't concern him at all, but someone not making it to shore or raft did. he focused on the sounds of splashing his comrades were making. he would then submerge himself and swim a few meters in that direction then come up for air to begin again. he preferred to stay as silent as possible to not keep any from swimming in the wrong direction.

• Like 2

Brave 1 - I talked with my supervisor. He was so relieved that I wasn't going to miss days of work for Spartan traveling that he cancelled my second test on Friday. I should be out of the office by end of normal business hours, assuming nothing crazy happens. Making a request actually worked. Huh. :P  

• Like 2

You guus rock for the brave challenge! Its so inspiring to see everyone getting put of their comfort zones and be brave about life :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I posted in my challenge thread but my brave (or perhaps insanely crazy) thing was to totally revamp the menu at work, and implement it in less than a week...right before all hell breaks lose with the holidays, oh, and I'm managing a second department now as well.

• Like 4

Here's my be Brave moment:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out at this point, with the life things as is, I don't have much time to follow on here, much less report much on my own thread. If I have time, I'll try to catch up, but as things are right now, I don't have much time to spread. I'll follow from the sidelines and hope for the best for the Fanatics. it's only for now (this challenge I mean), but it's something that has to be done.

• Like 4

I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out at this point, with the life things as is, I don't have much time to follow on here, much less report much on my own thread. If I have time, I'll try to catch up, but as things are right now, I don't have much time to spread. I'll follow from the sidelines and hope for the best for the Fanatics. it's only for now (this challenge I mean), but it's something that has to be done.

:(

i totally understand though. gotta live first. 

You aren't bowing or as much as going stealth mode! Life is our priority...but make sure you tale care of you! Pop in when you can!
  • Like 1