RPG Fanatics Guild - Battle of THE RED ONE

Be well Red, catch you in the new year.

There are so many brave people here, doing things that have to be done even though it scares the living daylights out of them. I am a bit late to this mini challenge [limited net time]. I haven't really anything to be brave about, apart from admitting my first week of this challenge was a wash out. I have hurt my left achilles tendon when doing my sprints last Monday. I have to take sprints and running out of my challenges for now. 

Tomas fell as the boat hit the rocks. His ankle was wrenched, "Dammit!" Thom managed to say before being dumped in the water. Breaking the surface, he took a gulp of air. "Ran's nets will not drag me down this day." He spoke firmly, before heading towards the shore line. 

• Like 3

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

If you ladies and gents would have me I would like to serve in this again and help in whatever ways I can.

My name is Douglas I participated in my first challenge last challenge and ran through to the end but was eventually overwhelmed by a grayness and fell into oblivion for the past several weeks. I had been taking steps towards trying to get my feet back under me (that I made into my Smart Goals) and after reading a few articles here and there decided to take the plunge into this again.

I'm a 24 year old bachelor's degree a year removed from college in southern California and with no local friends. I've found solace in self-improvement and in online communities. This being one of them. I don't want to fail you guys.

My Challenge

Boxalot had taken a beating during the final clash with the demons that left him somewhat crippled. He'd limped on following the group finding purpose in their quest. He'd been a nomadic soul to begin with as were most Dunmer wandering the sands but his boots were foreign to the shifting wood of a sea vessel. While the rest of the group had slogged to help he'd stowed away licking his wounds and building a hateful spite that he wasn't able to contribute to the others and it was only magnified by the storm.

He could do little to help the ship ruptured and groaned as the sea tore it apart and all he could do was fall from the ship and into the cold sea that froze his joints and bones leaving him paralyzed by the shift in temperature. His head dipped below the water and he thought that was all that there would be dragged down by the heavy water laden canvas. He would fight but there was nothing in his body to struggle with and the darkness washed over him.

Light peeled open heavy shut eyes which immediately brought a fit of coughing as salty water was expelled from saturated lungs. The ship still hung in the distance but the cliff they had rammed into was not immediately within sight blinded by darkness and the difficult visibility of the storm. His bones moaned in protest as the battered body was forced upright. Boxalot shivered violently from the cold water that seemed to permeate every part of his being and grasped a branch of drift wood and used it like a staff to steady upon as he marched wearily into the island to find his way.

Brave - I suppose forcing myself into this challenge and into this group could kinda count but that'd be a cop out. I've been struggling just to get out of bed in the morning lately let alone do anything with my day but I don't want to let everyone down.

• Like 5

You can become a Hero. 

If you ladies and gents would have me I would like to serve in this again and help in whatever ways I can.

My name is Douglas I participated in my first challenge last challenge and ran through to the end but was eventually overwhelmed by a grayness and fell into oblivion for the past several weeks. I had been taking steps towards trying to get my feet back under me (that I made into my Smart Goals) and after reading a few articles here and there decided to take the plunge into this again.

I'm a 24 year old bachelor's degree a year removed from college in southern California and with no local friends. I've found solace in self-improvement and in online communities. This being one of them. I don't want to fail you guys.

My Challenge

Boxalot had taken a beating during the final clash with the demons that left him somewhat crippled. He'd limped on following the group finding purpose in their quest. He'd been a nomadic soul to begin with as were most Dunmer wandering the sands but his boots were foreign to the shifting wood of a sea vessel. While the rest of the group had slogged to help he'd stowed away licking his wounds and building a hateful spite that he wasn't able to contribute to the others and it was only magnified by the storm.

He could do little to help the ship ruptured and groaned as the sea tore it apart and all he could do was fall from the ship and into the cold sea that froze his joints and bones leaving him paralyzed by the shift in temperature. His head dipped below the water and he thought that was all that there would be dragged down by the heavy water laden canvas. He would fight but there was nothing in his body to struggle with and the darkness washed over him.

Light peeled open heavy shut eyes which immediately brought a fit of coughing as salty water was expelled from saturated lungs. The ship still hung in the distance but the cliff they had rammed into was not immediately within sight blinded by darkness and the difficult visibility of the storm. His bones moaned in protest as the battered body was forced upright. Boxalot shivered violently from the cold water that seemed to permeate every part of his being and grasped a branch of drift wood and used it like a staff to steady upon as he marched wearily into the island to find his way.

Brave - I suppose forcing myself into this challenge and into this group could kinda count but that'd be a cop out. I've been struggling just to get out of bed in the morning lately let alone do anything with my day but I don't want to let everyone down.

i can relate man. sometimes it's hard to pick yourself up or to get moving. gotta force yourself.

http://youtu.be/s6WGNd8QR-U

this song kinda helps me when i'm on the fence about sulking or moving

LEVEL: 7 Furyan Ranger - Battle Log - in lieu of this challenge

don't look back, we aren't going that way:

Rebirth - Wrestlemania Dark Raider vs KZacher

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

Thanks a lot for the welcome back! I never really left I lurked a lot and just kinda felt ashamed to post.

and Kzacher thank you for the video I was jamming out to it earlier :)

Self discipline is a crucial element missing from my life so that's what I'm focusing on.

• Like 2

You can become a Hero. 

Hey everybody!

Sorry for being gone for so long (how long has it been? 10 months?). I've been set back a lot health wise. But I'm back and that's what counts, right? :)

Here's my challenge, and good luck to everyone! I might not be online as much, but I'll be here!

• Like 4

Black Half-Hobbit Half-Human

Level 1, Rebel

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Late post, yikes!  Sorry team, I wasn't very active last week on NF.

Brave: Urgh, it's definitely not as impressive as most of you fine folks.  I avoid confrontation to my detriment and finally willed myself to return a bowflex I bought from Costco a while ago.  I hated how it functioned but didn't want to return it because of pride/embarrassment but I finally did it so I could use those funds to propel my fitness goals.

Caught up in the merriment and entranced by the stories of bravery being told at the Marrymore Inn, LazyDragonAR partook of more mead and ale than he could handle.  Waking up under a bench in the street, curious as to how he got there, LazyDragonAR was eager to take the ferry home.  A large group of adventurers was loading up onto the boat and someone, "annoyingly" thought LazyDragonAR in his hungover state, was making some sort of scene and jamming up the works.  There was something peculiar about this all but through heavily lidded eyes and the bright sun LazyDragonAR couldn't be bothered.

Ignoring what the other passengers were trying to say he settled down like a rock and immediately slipped back into a peaceful (Except to those around him) slumber.  Once more, with a blinding headache, LazyDragonAR blinked his eyes open and struggled to his feet.  More seaweed than man and shivering like possessed by an unruly spirit he lumbered towards the first shape he could make out.

• Like 1

Level 2 Canuck Ranger 

STR 3 | STA 2 | DEX 2.3 | CON 6 | WIS 3 | CHA 1

Current Challenge: (2) Nov 10-2014

Challenge Archive: (1) Sept 15-2014 - 

Fitocracy - My Fitness Pal

Spreadsheet O' Tracking

I already know what giving up feels like.  I want to see what happens if I don't.

-Neila Rey

Hey, sorry I'm so late with stuff for the RPG group. My be brave was this weekend.  I've barely gotten sleep (3 hours sat, 3 hours sun, 4-5 last night) so I've been trying to correct my sleeping and get out of this cloudy funk. Kind of hard to creative write when I can't even stay awake. Just writing my huge fenway post drained me for today.

Since I haven't written it yet, if any of you wanted to do week #2's mini- it's he Adventurer Mini of making S.M.A.R.T. goals. I need to get out of this fog and I'll write the official story once I have more sleep.

By the way, here's the link to my thread and my 'brave'. Respond to it on there and let me know what you think:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/55919-teros-xii-redemption/?p=1287162

• Like 3

Andy was jolted awake by the crash and jumped up to find herself faced with a sinking ship. 'Great' Andy thought attempting to assuage the fear growing in her heart. 'A fire dwarf paddling around in water. I'll never hear the end of this.' Fear of drowning had needled its way deep however. She was wearing her heavy armor and water was her bloodlines weakness. She knew she would have to jump soon or be drug down with the ship. She looks around for anyone else strong enough to aid her and sees the dim glow surrounding who she believes to be a paladin by the name of ChristArtist. She calls out in growing desperation. "Aye, I cannot swim in this armor and haven't the time to shed it. Do you posses the ability to aid me?!"

Hello to all! I am brand new here and this is right up my alley so if it all right I'm going to jump right in! I'm a level 1 starting my first challenge and ill be placing some links in my signature soon so you can check that out and get a little bit more about me.

As for my brave thing from last week: I was laid off at work. This was a great fear of mine and I was blindsided by it. Luckily I have an amazing partner so I am not on my own but it is very scary to be in this position. So far I have handled this setback without falling apart. I have applied for unemployment and I begin my official job search tomorrow.

• Like 4

ANDY MCRANDY

Race: Fire Dwarf       Class: Adventurer           Level: 0

Attributes:   STR: 0       DEX: 0      STA: 0      CON: 0       WIS: 0       CHA: 0

Weight Loss Goal: 110 lbs

0%
0%

Where I'm at:

First Challenge, PVP_FOODZ!, RPG_Fanatics

Kit's ears twitched. A cry in the distance. She willed her vines toward the sound. They slithered under the armor's joints and hoisted a dwarf from the water by the breast plate. Black water poured from the armor as the dwarf was pulled over the water to ChristArtist. 

Welcome to the game, Andy. :) Check out the RPG Fanatics first adventure for an interesting take on soda (one of your goals). 

Boxalot! Good to have you with us. This community is all about growth. You're not disappointing anyone by needing time. (Just check out Teros's most recent thread post.) 

• Like 3

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Thanks a lot for the welcome back! I never really left I lurked a lot and just kinda felt ashamed to post.

and Kzacher thank you for the video I was jamming out to it earlier :)

Self discipline is a crucial element missing from my life so that's what I'm focusing on.

Hi Boxalot! I just returned too, so let's rock together :) I also need to work on self-discipline/self motivation. So lets be friends!

Andy was jolted awake by the crash and jumped up to find herself faced with a sinking ship. 'Great' Andy thought attempting to assuage the fear growing in her heart. 'A fire dwarf paddling around in water. I'll never hear the end of this.' Fear of drowning had needled its way deep however. She was wearing her heavy armor and water was her bloodlines weakness. She knew she would have to jump soon or be drug down with the ship. She looks around for anyone else strong enough to aid her and sees the dim glow surrounding who she believes to be a paladin by the name of ChristArtist. She calls out in growing desperation. "Aye, I cannot swim in this armor and haven't the time to shed it. Do you posses the ability to aid me?!"

Hello to all! I am brand new here and this is right up my alley so if it all right I'm going to jump right in! I'm a level 1 starting my first challenge and ill be placing some links in my signature soon so you can check that out and get a little bit more about me.

As for my brave thing from last week: I was laid off at work. This was a great fear of mine and I was blindsided by it. Luckily I have an amazing partner so I am not on my own but it is very scary to be in this position. So far I have handled this setback without falling apart. I have applied for unemployment and I begin my official job search tomorrow.

Welcome to you too Andy!  I'm sorry to hear about your job loss, and I hope everything turns around. You got this. Maybe use this as an opportunity to find something you love? Keep us posted!

• Like 2

Black Half-Hobbit Half-Human

Level 1, Rebel

"Action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Hi to all newbies and returnees!

Andy...I'll be writing in some help shortly. ..still recovering from the flight home from fenway...i didn't spartan, but i cheered very hard!

SMART...dang it....i always need to review!

• Like 2

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Bravery 2: gender clinic followed by public discussion of what's happening next, including updating of parents even though they're still outright refusing to accept anything or speak to me.

You have to be yourself- whatever that may be.

All the questions i was fearing weren't even asked, and it went very smoothly.

I was scared for nothing.

See? It all worked out.

I´m discovering a creative side of me that I didn't know I have!

Tap into it! :P

Can I be me while also meeting strangers?

I think that was the real you, and was amazed. I'm so glad I got to hug you and feel like you're a second mother to me. (tries to stop tearing up)

I have a love-hate relationship with these "be brave" challenges.

Ohhhhhhhh same.

There's no real way to face this except to live and create our own routine and sense of home :)

You are in no one's shadow. You are yourself. Scary, yes; but needed. Embrace it.

• Like 3

I was tired of being with somebody who was negative all the time and was stuck in a mental rut. I tired to support her and show her that the world is more than a job you hate and selfish family members using you, but she couldn't/wouldn't change and I had to jump ship because I didn't like who it was turning me into. AND to make matters worse, I found/find myself falling in love for the first time in my life with somebody else (with a friend) .

So, I got bite by the Black Dog hard last challenge, trying to figure out how I feel, and about whom without doing something I would regret later. I've always been a "moody bastard", but this threw me for a loop.

As things stand now, I'm trying to get a handle on my emotions and center myself. I'm staying friendly with the object of my affections since I'm still a mess, and to be honest I can't take anymore rejection in my life right now.

It's good that you are taking the time to clear your head and have your bearings straight.  Seriously brave.

Be Brave: completed most the documentation needed for me to re-apply for college. all i have to do now is turn it in then register for classes

Nice, what are you going for?

I posted in my challenge thread but my brave (or perhaps insanely crazy) thing was to totally revamp the menu at work, and implement it in less than a week...right before all hell breaks lose with the holidays, oh, and I'm managing a second department now as well.

You have to do what makes sense. Congrats.

Here's my be Brave moment:

I'm afraid I'm going to have to bow out at this point, with the life things as is, I don't have much time to follow on here, much less report much on my own thread. If I have time, I'll try to catch up, but as things are right now, I don't have much time to spread. I'll follow from the sidelines and hope for the best for the Fanatics. it's only for now (this challenge I mean), but it's something that has to be done.

Understood. :(

Getting your bearings and willing yourself out of a serious funk doesn't seem like a 'cop out' to me.

Hey everybody!

Sorry for being gone for so long (how long has it been? 10 months?). I've been set back a lot health wise. But I'm back and that's what counts, right? :)

Here's my challenge, and good luck to everyone! I might not be online as much, but I'll be here!

Welcome back, Minx :)

Late post, yikes!  Sorry team, I wasn't very active last week on NF.

Brave: Urgh, it's definitely not as impressive as most of you fine folks.  I avoid confrontation to my detriment and finally willed myself to return a bowflex I bought from Costco a while ago.  I hated how it functioned but didn't want to return it because of pride/embarrassment but I finally did it so I could use those funds to propel my fitness goals.

Everyone is different. Never compare yourself to others.  Some have strengths where others have weaknesses and vice-versa. Comparing only means that you're trying to be perfect- and no one can be.

Getting knocked down and then getting up again is what matters.

---

I've found that being brave is oftentimes being yourself.  There are so many realms and groups of people, that staying true to who we are in a world that is constantly trying to tell us who to be, how to act, or what to think is a massive challenge. Being yourself, regardless of the skeptics, haters, and deceivers is one of the bravest things of them all.  We're all trying to grow.

• Like 2

It's good that you are taking the time to clear your head and have your bearings straight.  Seriously brave.

Nice, what are you going for?

You have to do what makes sense. Congrats.

Understood. :(

Getting your bearings and willing yourself out of a serious funk doesn't seem like a 'cop out' to me.

Welcome back, Minx :)

Everyone is different. Never compare yourself to others.  Some have strengths where others have weaknesses and vice-versa. Comparing only means that you're trying to be perfect- and no one can be.

Getting knocked down and then getting up again is what matters.

---

I've found that being brave is oftentimes being yourself.  There are so many realms and groups of people, that staying true to who we are in a world that is constantly trying to tell us who to be, how to act, or what to think is a massive challenge. Being yourself, regardless of the skeptics, haters, and deceivers is one of the bravest things of them all.  We're all trying to grow.

going to try and get a double bachelor's in business management and marketing. initially i was a history major, then a liberal arts major. i know, i'm indecisive 

• Like 1

From Tartarus with Love - Wrath of the Furyan - it's a secret! - FIGHT! - You can go your own way - The Rational Gaze - Rise from Death to Knife this Beast(part 3-the agony) - Demonized(part 2) -  By Demons Be Driven(part 1) -

going to try and get a double bachelor's in business management and marketing. initially i was a history major, then a liberal arts major. i know, i'm indecisive 

Nah, I get it. I think that there's too many things that are interesting. I almost had a bach major and double minors.  (Psych/History/Philosophy)

• Like 4

Kit's ears twitched. A cry in the distance. She willed her vines toward the sound. They slithered under the armor's joints and hoisted a dwarf from the water by the breast plate. Black water poured from the armor as the dwarf was pulled over the water to ChristArtist. 

Welcome to the game, Andy. :) Check out the RPG Fanatics first adventure for an interesting take on soda (one of your goals). 

Boxalot! Good to have you with us. This community is all about growth. You're not disappointing anyone by needing time. (Just check out Teros's most recent thread post.) 

Ah I just have a bad habit of flying head on into something that gets me motivated and doing mach 10 with my hair on fire until all of a sudden I burn out. I kinda had that with NF. I was all up in it filled with excitement and projects that just slammed into a wall. We'll have to edge back into it ;) Thank you for the welcome back though! I will be sifting through that colossal textburg soon enough lol

Hi Boxalot! I just returned too, so let's rock together :) I also need to work on self-discipline/self motivation. So lets be friends!

Welcome to you too Andy!  I'm sorry to hear about your job loss, and I hope everything turns around. You got this. Maybe use this as an opportunity to find something you love? Keep us posted!

Hello!

Yeah those two things are monsters to be certain but they're pretty strong foundations for everything, absolutely!

---

See above post directed at Kit lol. I got a kinda bad habit from my pops in that I don't like lollygagging. If I set a goal then it's just plow ahead and finish it which works great at jobs but sucks for anything long term. I tried to just 'plow right through' with this and it was definitely a learning experience. As annoying as it is that ol' slow and steady blargh is on point.

Welcome aboard! That's a hell of a rough patch to get thrown into straight away but sounds like a great opportunity for a positive change! Good luck and press on!

Hey, sorry I'm so late with stuff for the RPG group. My be brave was this weekend.  I've barely gotten sleep (3 hours sat, 3 hours sun, 4-5 last night) so I've been trying to correct my sleeping and get out of this cloudy funk. Kind of hard to creative write when I can't even stay awake. Just writing my huge fenway post drained me for today.

Since I haven't written it yet, if any of you wanted to do week #2's mini- it's he Adventurer Mini of making S.M.A.R.T. goals. I need to get out of this fog and I'll write the official story once I have more sleep.

By the way, here's the link to my thread and my 'brave'. Respond to it on there and let me know what you think:

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/55919-teros-xii-redemption/?p=1287162

You're kinda the last person I'd expect an apology from for being late with things haha you seemingly juggle more in a day than I do all week so don't sweat it in the least. If there's ever anything that I can do to ease the burden a bit throw it my way and I'll do what I can!

As for the challenge. I'm not exactly sure what you're getting at. Is it just an additional set of goals or a revising of what goals we've already set?

Screw it both.

My goals were (in no order):

1. Declutter my room and house. To every day do something to make the house more conducive to productivity whether it's cleaning, organizing, or getting rid of excess items.

(Annnnd write in my journal every night)

S: Honestly it's kind of vague. I'm not sure how it could be narrowed more though. It's one half "clean" the other "pare down excess"

M: It's definitely a binary method of measurement, either did or didn't.

A: Ho yeah

R: I should hope so

T: Honestly not really unless you count just a general pleasantness about the house

2. Foot exercises every night to help with craptastically flat feet

S: 5 minutes golf ball exercises, 3 minutes towel scrunches Oh yeah.

M: I choose a binary system again for simplicity.

A: Chyah

R: Yup

T: Very much so

3. No videogames!!!

S: Well mostly, I intended primarily computer games or mobile games I don't have any consoles

M: BINARY!!!!

A: Heh. . . *fingers crossed*

R: I think so

T: Yep yep!

In terms of additional mini goals I'm trying to cultivate self discipline by having a consistent wake up / sleep time every day going off of the last challenge.

Eyes open at 0630 eyes shut at 2300 I think it's pretty SMART

And I'm still trying to move in some way in the morning whether it's a walk, exercise bike, or a run. . . SMART? I think so.

Textburg aside

The poor soul still shivered from the cold water. He couldn't hear the cries anymore but could see a faint glow in the distance and felt that would probably be his best bet for salvation. The island proved bizarre maybe it had been a jungle at one time but it seemed everything crunched with ash like snow. It reminded Boxalot of the land he once called home in his youth and his armor did well to protect him from the ashes prying.

After some time of walking the fire came into view and it seemed like the entire group had made it save for Red that he learned shortly thereafter had succumbed to exhaustion and was cocooned by Kit for his own protection against the ash. A lump rose in Boxalot's throat at seeing a familiar soul falter and he wanted to say something but felt himself not the one to speak. The fire seemed so warm and welcoming at that point that he limped to it's orange embrace and sat next to the others basking in the blood moving glow that returned feeling to his extremities. There was silence from the Dark Elf in blissful peace until he realized one person refused to join them, no, refused to even move with eyes locked on a distant object. With suitable warmth he rolled over onto his side and looked out trying to glimpse what seemed so important to Teros.

• Like 3

You can become a Hero. 

Nerves frayed from searching the water, Kit settled next to the fire and the Fanatics' fearless leader. "So, where to?" The satyr didn't respond, continuing to stare unfocused into the distance. Frowning, Kit reached up and attached a spindly vine to one of Teros's horns. A large, umbrella like leaf sprouted to act as a small protection. 

Kit tried to stay alert - listening hard for foes and watching the leaf umbrella slowly bob in the breeze above Teros's head - but she drifted into an uneasy sleep in the ash.                                                                                                                  

The goals in my thread of very measurable this time around. Horrary! for quantifiable actions! :D I think my goals are completely doable, despite my not having completed them. >.> 

The holidays are going to be a bear. Thanksgiving is working until my flight home, going home for a back-to-back Thanksgivings (2 families),  and meeting some new relatives before flying home and going back to work with an empty refrigerator. Christmas is much the same, but I'll be hitting up two locations over the course of two weeks. At least if I do poorly during Thanksgiving, it's only for one weekend before I get back to my routine. Christmas and New Years are a 15 day, so I have to establish a new routine at home.

Luckily, this isn't my first time going home since making my lifestyle changes. I won't have to spend tons of energy explaining why this is important to me.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

• Like 2

Kitsune Biologist, Druid

Level: 6

STR 10 | DEX 10 | STA 7.5 | CON 13 | WIS 16.5 | CHA 12.5

Ch. 1 Ch. 2 Ch. 3 | Ch. 4| Ch. 5| Ch. 6Ch. 7Ch. 8

RPG Fanatics

"Make a fray of your own." - E.O. Wilson, Advice to Young Scientists

Nah, I get it. I think that there's too many things that are interesting. I almost had a bach major and double minors.  (Psych/History/Philosophy)

i totally understand that.

initially i thought about going into psych myself. it's such an interesting subject. and i could talk philosophy all day. but my first philosophy teacher was very religious and had difficult time separating his views to speak on other philosophies objectively. same issue with my world religions class

• Like 1

As Sulak, Gabriel and ChristArtist were able to put their feet on solid ground, ChristArtist started looking around at those that had fought this fight in the water.

Not all were water creatures, as she was, so she knew that some were going to be more worn out, and more troubled.

"Red!? Are you ok?!"  As she saw him slump to the ground.  This was SO unlike him!

She put his hand on his shoulder - "we leave no one behind!"

"Please - I can't go on - just kill that thing for me! Promise?"

She nodded as he slumped into a deep sleep.

As she thought about what she could do to prevent him from suffocating in this ashy horror, Kitbi came up behind her - and reached out and started wrapping vines around him.

"Wait!" and CA put her necklace around his neck - another that she had that she could connect with - and even Thom, her dear friend, could connect with.  If there was trouble, they would know.

Kitbi continued with the beautiful lacy green tabernacle surrounding Red, and protecting him from the ash.  CA said "I wish he could see the beauty of the love that surrounds him now - " and she knelt and prayed for protection to surround Red.

She HATED  to leave anyone behind - but she was also VERY troubled by Teros.

Ravnos came up to her - "I can't seem to get through to him - he just, he just doesn't seem to be there!"

Kitbi heard, and went over to provide a bit of shelter for Teros, as he was entranced with something.  

As ChristArtist looked around - Red was collapsed, many were warming themselves by the fire - but exhausted by the water, the cold, and the fear of the dark that reeked around them.

She walked around the camp, touching some with her hand, others with her cloak, and some, Gabriel touched nose to nose to instill calm.

She headed to Teros.

She put her hand on his shoulder - no response.

She reached up to straighten his mass of wet hair - no response.

She then put her head to his chest - to listen - yes, his heart was still beating strong. But something was not right.

"Gabriel - stay with Teros!" she said, as she turned back to the group. She knew that if anyone could break through some dark night of the soul, Gabriel could - but he would also alert us to anything that changes.  For now - someone needed to look after the group - and she was the healer, comforter, and sometimes, guide.

"There is some sort of sullen somberness in his heart. I have not the clarity here to know what demonic power is holding him right now, a darkness is threatening to take over, and I cannot pierce it completely - but we must plan!  We cannot let this be the end of us, we MUST plan - and plan together.  While we rest - let's consider what we have to offer, and what we can do together."

"We have done amazing feats when we work together - but we need to know what we can do!" The group looked around and nodded to each other.

"We have taken down beasts!  We are victorious!"  Thom looked around with his wolfly growling agreement, others high fived each other.

"So - while we wait for Teros, take store of what you have left - what we have as assets - and how we can make progress."

She looked at Thom and Ravnos for approval - and they both nodded their heads.  Kit was walking around providing shelter as needed - and her vines presented a comfort and beauty that was healing in this barren wasteland.

"I, for one, am going to sit beside the fire and dry my cloak - and drink my water that never runs dry - and, hopefully, my manna is edible as a soup!" She laughed! She'd never tasted her manna when it wasn't pleasant to eat.

"Does anyone need water or manna to restore their strength as we regroup?" She passed around her water flask, and her manna - having dug out the wet stuff, and handing out the refreshed manna from her bag.

Someone asked - "What about Teros? What will we do?"

"Gabriel is with Teros - he will watch over Teros - and he will let us know if anyone or thing is coming from the direction which Teros is staring.  Let's get ready for battle!"

She brought Sulak in under her cloak to aid his recovery - and looked out over her friends. They were tired, but they were warming, they were getting as comfortable as possible - munching on their provisions, or the manna that CA provided.  Others were sharing - and were speaking softly to one another. Every now and then, a nervous laugh would trickle up - but they were talking about what they had to offer - and what plans they could suggest.  She loved this ragtag group.

She unsheathed her Sword of the Spirt, and stuck it into the ground in front of her - with the hilt upward, and she bowed her head to pray.  The team had become accustom to her gentle blue glow as she entered into the Spirit world on behalf of them.

Something told her that this battle was going to be unlike any other - and they had to make sure they were SMART about their next moves.

Much has happened to me in the last week - Boston, flights, tireds, and chaos.

But the chaos that is my plans has been settled.

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/55823-christartist-cruises-into-the-new-year/?p=1290490

I am not going to the Phillipines - I am training to be a super Gramma!!! watching two toddlers for 6-8 weeks pretty much full time in March/April.

I need to rework my goals and I am going to set up my training in order to have that focus.

I need to be SMART about my next moves! ;-)

We are doing Thanksgiving alone, possibly, or with the RV park.

We have a house guest for about 2 weeks, but Wufkar is very paleo and workout minded...easy peasy!

WildRoss has two more challenges - lifting competition on Dec 6 and a GoRuck Light on Dec 20 - these are part of his 55th birthday challenges - and I will be the cheerleader.

I have to get my left foot healed - it is still bothering me from the injury in Atlanta.

Endurance, weightloss, strength and quickness - and mental focus - these are my goals for next March, but these are the measurable gains I will write up in my thread.

• Like 3

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

If it hadn't been for his friends, petefeet won't have made it out of the icy water and onto the wall of rock. Never much of a swimmer, our little halfling vowed to return the favor and did his best to help the others climb the rock face. Pointing out hand and foothold to the others that were cast in shadow by the light coming from Suluk's chest, the group was finally able to make the shoreline and dry land.

Winded and out of breathe, petefeet could do nothing to help Red as he slumped to the ground and fell asleep. Luckily, Kit was there and used her magic to form a protective cocoon around him.

The odd behaviour of Teros was concerning to petefeet, but since he didn't know what he could do to help the Satyr, he decided  to help gather firewood with some of the others and see to more mundane matters.

-Mini- SMART Goals

SMART goals are defined as:

Specific: Maintain my current weight (180ish)
Measurable: Daily weigh-ins which I log
Attainable: Hopefully, though with the Holiday's coming up, I'll have to be extra cautious
Realistic: I think so
Trackable: Keeping food log and daily weigh-ins
  • Like 1

Race: Halfling     Class: Rebel

Recruit 1st 2nd 3rd 4th  5th 6th  7th  8th 9th 10th  11th 12th 13th  14th  15th

Current Challenge

Writer's Guild

Fictionfirst Used Books (Feel free to like my page!)

Red's eyes struggled to look at the Fanatics as the vines were covering him, with his supposed last words he muttered,

"We... Are... Groot-- err I mean Fanatics..."

tumblr_mdyum7RwSj1rlz5ato1_500.gif

• Like 5

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Redeagle was still not fully recovered from the effects of the enchantment, having had several emotional and physical setbacks she was grateful for a chance to rest...though worried about her friends actions since the shipwreck, she was no good to anyone in her current condition so sought a quiet spot to rest and review the upcoming battle plan.

Hey all, will spell out my response to this mini in my thread...I'm still here just got some bad news and it has me in a weird headspace right now, I'll get past it :)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE Moves

Spoiler

Magickal, Eclectic, Goddess, Level 63

|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|14|15|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|27|28|29|30|31|32|33|34|35|36|37|38|39|40|41|42|43|44|45|46|47|48|49|50|51|52|53|54|55|56|57|58|59|60|61|62|63|64|65|66|67|

|My Character Page | Tracking Spreadsheet |

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

I have gotten good at setting up my goals. So I have achieved this mini challenge already. I have also adapted my goals based upon my first two weeks and my injury on the first day of the challenge [my achilles tendon blew up like a balloon after doing sprints, hence the injured ankle in my storyline]. My internet access is sporadic for now, but i will endeavour to keep up with the Fanatics. I have been part of this story from the beginning and I will be damned if I will not be there at the end. 

Thom looked around at the group, he approved of ChristArtists words. Teros was preoccupied, but Thom wasn't too worried, the Satyr will be ready in time for The Red One. 

'By Thunar's Grace and Freya's Strength

You'll know surrender me.

Though horror great and pain you make

my shieldwall keeps me free. 

The Gods of might stand by my side,

The ancestors hold me true.

By fear and terror you may bind me slave,

But I'll no convert to you.

For by Thunar's grace and Freya's strength,

I'll remain ever True.'

Thom started singing the Song of Defiance that he had sung before. The other Northmen joined in the song, having learned it previously. Slowly spirits rose around the campfire. 

• Like 4

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus