• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

cobaltsword

Cobaltsword's Journey: Chapter 10

Okay very belatted update but it's been a busy time here X)

Broken down i've had a lot of work with a paper i need to write, a synthesis of a book on Belgiums political evolution from 1970 to 2000, a big book of 400 pages XD i got through it and started writing my synthesis. I had done chapters 2, 3,4,5 and 6 and gotten to 12 pages until i heard i had to do it in 7 pages maximum. 7 pages! For those of you who don't know belgium has an incredibly complicated political history and trying to explain that in 7 pages would be trying to convey the depthness and vasteness of J.R.R Tolkeins works in 1 pages. See the picture? But i restarted and i'm down to 3 pages for the chapters i already did X) it's do able, i just went into a little rant when i found out X)

So training wise :D muay thai is going well, yesterday was a killer conditioning session and if i didn't get better i don't know what will. Each of us got to spar with the head trainer, loosely he wanted to watch our technique. And it showed me it's one thing practicing moves, training and conditioning. It's a whole other thing actually fighting someone (mind you the trainer's been doing it since he was 9 + taekwondo training + years of experience of fighting in the ring). But he was content with my technique and progress, i got him twice, he only knocked me down once and commented that i counter his sweeps pretty wel (confidence boost!). Once he inadvertedly kneed me in the head, but nothing big, i have a hard head XD also, i came to the conclusion that my zenness is probably the reason for my slow progression in the art, muay thai is very based in aggression fueling your actions. I'm just not aggressiv, good thing i've got some will power to push me through and you guys :D

I restarted meditating as often as i can, 5min usually but often i drift off to the spund of the tibetan bowls. Twice my gf had to shake me out Xd but i enjoy it, i found i need it more now. To stay calm and focused :)

Parkour wise it's going fine, not as well as i would want it (today's session wasn't so good because i was still exhausted from muay thai yesterday XD), and with winter coming it's harder to practice on good surfaces. But dammit i won't fall into winter mode this year, i'm going to keep on running and practicing even when it snows ^^ (bad ass nord pose)

Protein wise it's been going well. I missed exactly 6 grams of protein yesterday evening, i didn't have the energy to eat anything anymore so i let it slide. Otherwise i've been hitting every protein need every day ^^

Still going strong :D

• Like 2

That paper sounds like a huge project, and then trying to have to summarize it all well in only 7 pages- congrats on sticking with it!

Great job on getting your other workouts in too. I'm trying not to be in winter mode and at least do some outdoor stuff too, though it is easy to use the cold as an excuse to stay inside.

Now I want to see you write a 1 page report detailing the plot of LotR...  or see anyone try, for that matter. Sounds like one heck of a paper you have to write there, but at least they only want from the 70's on rather than imperial era or before *shudders*

Europe - much history, very confuse. 

Aggression-fueled techniques + zen... that's one interesting combo! 

That paper sounds like a huge project, and then trying to have to summarize it all well in only 7 pages- congrats on sticking with it!

Great job on getting your other workouts in too. I'm trying not to be in winter mode and at least do some outdoor stuff too, though it is easy to use the cold as an excuse to stay inside.

it is a big project but it's going well, i've finished synthesizing everything now i just need to connect everything in a logical way X)

winter mode is hard to stay out of actually, but i think it's going to work this year :D

Good luck with your paper!

I guess Jedi masters wouldn't do well at Muay Thai either, huh? ;)

Thanks!

I don't think so, sith lords and gray jedi on the other hand...

Now I want to see you write a 1 page report detailing the plot of LotR...  or see anyone try, for that matter. Sounds like one heck of a paper you have to write there, but at least they only want from the 70's on rather than imperial era or before *shudders*

Europe - much history, very confuse. 

Aggression-fueled techniques + zen... that's one interesting combo! 

Mmmm, i think i'll do that after this paper, as a gag project X)

true, writing about the 70's or imperial era is a much more duanting task, i think i'm going to get a task on that at some point Xp

I think my zenness helps me to be more precise, calculated, and smart about my using my strengths. Muay thai will not be my kind of MA, it's too brutal, i'm more at home within the kung-fu styles.

Master Windu would probably destroy muay thai. He'd be the exception though, not the rule

Possibly ^^ he'd kick everyone's ass :D

thank you for that, now to try writing it in 1 page X)

• Like 1

update time before I forget :D

I have a bit of a time out after nearly finishing my paper today so here's an update :)

yesterday evening I went for a good 6km run in the cold dark weather of belgium, felt pretty nice. I'm running pretty fast and practiced a lot of different jumps along the way, and even used every bus stop to hang onto the edge and do as many pull ups as i could so i'm pretty glad about it. Did everything in a bit more than half an hour :)

Also, and this is where i'm pretty proud, my Muay Thai techniques are getting better. After the gruelling conditioning training of tuesday, friday's session was more lowkey but i noticed a definite improvement in my technique/stamina. My high kick got a lot higher, my rebounding speed in kicks is faster and my punches are stronger/faster on the dummy. :D so i'm super happy about that of course. Only side not is that I got hit in the head twice in the session, we were practicing a combo where you finish with an elbow strike and once my sparring partner got through my defence and hit my right in the temple. I swear it's a knife going through your head XD and the second time he hit me with an (in belgium illegal) strike in the back of the head with his elbow. I got lucky though, if he had hit a bit lower it could've hit the important nerves just under the skull :/ but i'm okay ^^ (also a minor hit into the solar plexus but that wasn't so bad)

Not much to say otherwise, protein intake is good. haven't missed any days anymore (need to buy some almonds again, all my boxes are gone, all 600g of them XD) and i'm doing the best i can in my studies. The exam study periode is coming up so i'm just thinking of getting two more days of epic geekiness in before the study sessions (aka gaming streak and go watch the last Hobbit movie *snif* sad it's going to end :'( )

• Like 1

Owwww, just don't ice the temple - that's one nasty sinus headache, speaking from personal experience.

Gotta love when a hotshot decides to use illegal moves in training when you're not ready to counter it, yick. Glad he hit bone not nerve/vertebrae :/

I can't wait to watch the last Hobbit movie!!!!

I know my update is very belated and i've been absent from a lot of your threads but i've been so busy with school work, the exams are coming up so most of my focus is here eventhough i'm still training hard.

As stated i'm full on in the preparation of my exams, three weeks of studying and studying. Not looking forward to it but it needs to happen, at least my essay is over XD i handed it in tuesday. Begone with it, exasperating work...

Training wise everything is going well, yesterday i went for a great Pk run. I sprinted at about 80% of my speed for most of the run I was surprised of myself :D i finished the run yesterday with a few good sets of Neila Rey's workout ^^ Muay Thai is going well, i'm progressing technique wise and strength wise but i still need to practice on the application of the techniques. Also I need to train my flexibility a bit more so that my high kicks get better, i've found some good stretching methods, I'd love to do a full split :D

ok, Protein wise. I've missed today and yesterday because my protein powder ran out and i didn't have the opportunity to get some new powder :P but tomorrow i'm back on track :D

so this week on protein:

Mon X

Tue X

Wed X

Thu X

Fri

Sat

Sun

This weekend i'm going to my grand parents' place because my mom, sis and lil bro are coming from montreal to belgium for christmas this year ^^ (dad will follow a week later). Not looking forward to being away from my gf, but still great to seeing them once more. With some luck i'll be going on a Pk run with my lil bro if he's not too jet-lagged XD

I think that i'm going to sit the next challenge out so that I can focus on my exams :) i'll post updates to the Battle Log but i'll leave the next challenge to you guys :D now i must return to my books, i'll catch up on all of you later but i'm sure you're all doing great :D

• Like 2

Cobaltsword's Journey: Chapter 10

New Challenges:

Goal n°1: Eat all the Protein!

Goal n°2: Feel the Bruce Lee in me

Goal n°3: Work on my goal to become a kick ass politician

okay so very belatted update after i went MIA for a couple of days. Holidays and exam studying cumulated which made me lose focus on my updates eventhough I did everything I set out to do :)

Goal N°1 => completed with a solid A-! I missed about 5 days in total due to festivities and sitting without my bags of protein for a few days X) except from that i haven't missed a day. I must note that i'm about taking 83g of protein per day, i'm not looking to gain muscle mass but more to keep it. Because i noticed that it tended to break off,thus the protein to keep my muscles X)

Goal N°2 => passed with a good A! I still need to work on my flexibility but i've already gotten so much better technique wise. My high kicks are so much better than at the beginning and the teacher teaches us some very flashy moves which makes you feel like such a bad ass when you do them. The funny thing is that i'm the calmest of all the fighters there, not using rage or aggression to fuel my actions but rather the drive to end the fight as fast as possible. Next thing i'm going to focus on is my flexibility ^^

Goal N°3 => mmm i'm going to give this a B-. While I am studying dutifully and did spend some more time on developing my politician ambitions I did miss a lot of the things I intended to do like reading the paper more often, reading several books on my role-models... but that's still something i can work on the coming challenges :D

I'm going to sit the next challenge out i'm afraid, i need my full focus on my exams so i will keep to my Daily Battle Log and after my exams i'll be back ^^

Now I need to return to my books and later i'll look into all your challenges :D

• Like 2

Good luck with all of your exams!  I hope you still drop by and occasionally post on your battle log, so we can keep up with the awesomeness!  :)