JL's First Boot Camp

Hey, are you still with us???

Sorry starsapart :(

After a friend left me during the challenge, I just felt out of it. Didn't have the motivation to be productive (which isn't an excuse). But I'm healing now, and I'm trying to analyze where I went faulty.

Been trying to get my life in order. So much backlog has gunked up my life, and I'm gonna use the break to get myself back up and running XD

JL: Level 3 Turtle Tamer

"I didn't come here for the easy life."

current challenge thread | daily battle log | epic quest

The One-Year Fanfic Ban (START: 6/8/2015)

0%
0%

Well, 6-week challenge is over, and I can honestly say that I failed.

Don't count me out of the fight though XD

Personal problems got in the way mid-challenge. I know that's not a valid excuse, and I'll make sure that I'll be less susceptible towards it next time! I'm ok now, and I'm ready to make up for my shortcomings these past few weeks.

Problems I encountered on the way:

>I felt intimidated by the boards- like I had so much to read and keep up with- not a good feeling for a student. Updating had become a burden. Not only did I have to 

>I kept on putting things off and procrastinating, thinking that I'll have enough time in the future.

>I did not take into account the PE we were required to take in our university (but I'm grateful for it because it made me do SOMETHING at least. Who knew punching thin air could be so tiring?)

>I underestimated the effect schoolwork would have in my schedule

>I let my broken friendship affect me too much.

What I did right in the beginning:

>I trained in the morning (that was literally the best thing I had done. Not only did it make sure that I had done my workout, but it also made me feel badass for the rest of the day! So for the break, besides trying to catch up on my backlog, I will also commit myself to going outside at dawn, even if all I do is loaf around downstairs and walk around).

What I plan to do about all this:

>Try to weave training into my daily life instead of considering it as a separate thing. This also conserves willpower!

>Construct a backup workout in case I miss my main workout

>Start thinking of future me as a separate entity that I must work/care for. That mindset work for me before XD

>Also think of future me as an idiot who cannot be trusted at all. Present me must do everything or else all of me will crash and burn XD

>Remember Applejack XD

The concrete steps:

>I'm going to make sand pill and get a new bag that could stand the weight of both my school things and the sand pills. Ruck marches to the train for me from now on!

>I'm going to finish all of my backlog within the break. For future me!

For the next challenge, I''ll be dialing everything down. I'll cut down the number of goals, and create lots of backup plans instead of spreading myself!

• Like 1

0%
0%

Sorry starsapart :(

After a friend left me during the challenge, I just felt out of it. Didn't have the motivation to be productive (which isn't an excuse). But I'm healing now, and I'm trying to analyze where I went faulty.

Been trying to get my life in order. So much backlog has gunked up my life, and I'm gonna use the break to get myself back up and running XD

Hey, no need to apologize!  Glad you're okay. ^_^

There's always next challenge, right?  Is there anything you need to help you get things going?  Glad to help however you like!

• Like 1

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

Sounds like a good recovery plan!!!  Life gets in the way sometimes, but as long as you keep coming back, you will succeed!!

l1297869223.jpg

• Like 1

Some sort of Jedi .....

We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less.  

Current Challenge: Return of the Persistent Priestess

Past Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35. 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42

"No, I'm from Iowa.  I only work in outer space." -- James T. Kirk

Sounds like a good recovery plan!!!  Life gets in the way sometimes, but as long as you keep coming back, you will succeed!!

l1297869223.jpg

This is amazing!! (Both your words + the picture :))

Well, 6-week challenge is over, and I can honestly say that I failed.

Don't count me out of the fight though XD

Aww, personal stuff getting in the way stinks! I hope you're doing ok. Awesome to see such a thoughtful reflection on your challenge! I'd say that makes it much more of a success, really :) Happy holidays!

• Like 1

Lvl 3 Wood Elf Adventurer

STR 9.25 || DEX 5 || STA 3 || CON 9.75 || WIS 12.75 || CHA 2

Challenges: Current || #1 || #2 || #3 || Artistic & Creative Accountability || Etsy Shop

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye. --The Fox in The Little Prince

Walk to Mordor // 116 out of 1779 miles

Thanks for all the support guys! I'm actually progressing on my backlog, and that's a miracle! XD

I'd like to think of this challenge as a test-drive. I have to apply the info I collected in my daily life to make it useful.

• Like 1

0%
0%