KingLeeroy Xl - Project refuel

GingaNinja

Back for my 11th challenge. Woot woot.

For those who don't know me. I am KingLeeroy. I am Northern lass living in Edinburgh, Scotland.

I just started lifting barbells again in the last two months. It makes me feel bad ass. However, I seem to keep getting a cold and generally feel I could be progressing more.

My main quest has been to do a pull up for a while now. Recently I found that I was stronger than I thought and at least hang OK from the bar, and pull myself up an inch or two, not really been training for the pull up but going at it in a way that means I am improving my health, as I say. I have improved on my pull up without training it so I feel like I am moving the right way.

What I actually find a challenge is food, it is a huge trigger for me. I do eat healthy good meals most of the time, but I can easily slide into bad habits. Food is the major issue I need to address in order to get where I want to be.

I want to be back wearing my size 14 clothes.

I would like to be deadlifting my body weight.

I want to be ripped as duck. Yes duck. You may know my friend the ripped as duck. He is disturbing and oddly arousing.

bara_ducks_by_ripped_saurian-d5yb56a.jpg

Anyway....

This challenge, I really want to fuel for my workout better so I can make the best progress and better fight off colds. This challenge will all be about diet goals again.

1) No Wheat (trace wheat OK). Avoding bread, pasta, cake, etc

2) No sugar, I am being fairly lenient on this: honey in lemon or ginger tea, hot toddies and other cold soothing hot beverages. Also next weekend I am drinking G&T at a going away party, the slimline stuff gives me a headache. Some ready cooked chicken and meat has sugar, which is annoying, but still goo protein and will be good to lean on when there is not much else.I started drinking cranberry juice for some health issues, also eating a 1/2 pieces of fruit. Sugar I am avoiding, biscuits, cake, chocolate, sweets, fizzy drink (accept tonic water), 

3) Eat 138g protein. I think I am getting about 120 but I think ideally I should be eating a little more.

4). Drink 2L of water a day. Winter means I am starting to slip on my water intake.

Usually I make a creative life goal which I always completely fail, maybe I will take one of the above and swap it for something else but so far I am pretty happy with this outline.

Good luck everyone! I am also an ambassador, if you have any questions about anything! Please don't hesitate to PM me or poke me on here!

• Like 17

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

it's funny as I was reading your post about you keep getting colds and stuff I was thinking to myself - 'hmmm sounds like there might be something that needs fixing in the nutrition department'

and then bam you called it!

Yeah, I keep wanting to go to the gym, getting up and ready and I feel terrible. My nose blocks up, I feel sleepy and cold.

I still want to go despite being curled up in a ball. I have to try talk myself out of going anyway.

I sometimes think it might help but I am never sure. Last time I could barely deadlift the amount I had been doing fine the session previous.

Really going to try avoid illness this week.

Also, don't you hate it when people cough next to you and make no effort to cover their mouth. I am concerned I will get what they have.

• Like 2

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

So I redistributed my points a bit:

STR-16, DEX-3 STA-18 CON-34 WIS-18 CHA-17

This is them originally, I am not keen on the way they look, I don't think they are a valid reputation, I was talking with Teros about interesting things that we can so but I think that will probably be next challenge.

STR: 20, DEX: 4 STA: 15 CON: 10 WIS: 40 CHA: 25

This is them now, not completely happy with them but I think empathising my STR and WIS over my CON is much better!

Ready for action.

WOOT!

I feel ready for sleep time right now, still under the weather from this cold, I keep going from fine to feeling pretty rough, think I might make it to the gym tomorrow, but seen as I was doing Starting Strength wrong, I should probably de-load anyway.

I AM SO UP FOR THIS CHALLENGE THOUGH!

I'm researching raw apple cider vinegar. ..it's supposed to build up immunity....raw honey....and your symptoms match mine from grains and dairy! Hope you do well!

I think it really is wheat that is the big one for me, thought I am sure I'd drop loads of weight if I stopped with dairy, but it makes for a tasty protein shake at the moment!

Good luck CA

• Like 1

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Yes to good for you food, lets do this!! :D (the duck still freaks me out though...)

• Like 1

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

Subbed, of course!!

I'm the same way, when I start working out my immune system starts hating me and I get sick... but my immune system hates me even when I don't work out, it just hates me MORE when I do lol I am sick right now and have been all week! Pretty sure it is a sinus infection. Blah!! 

I didn't know we could redistribute our stat points... I have soooo many CON and not so many other stuff! 

Can't wait to see you kick ass this challenge!! 

• Like 1

Scout - Level 15 Half-Elf Ranger

STR15 | DEX5.5 | STA17 | CON39.5 | WIS18 | CHA10.5 

Challenges: Current Challenge #18 | #17 Part 2 | #17#16#15#14#13#12 Part 2 | #12#11 | #10 | #9 | #8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 Part II | #4 | #3 | #2 | #1

My Blog | Facebook | My BeachBody | My NF Character

Spoiler

Lose 84 lbs (From 219 to 135): Current weight = 202.9

100%
19%

Walk to Mordor (Hobbiton to Mount Doom - 1779 miles) [so far: 1515.60 miles  - logged to 06/13/16

[progress=purple]85[/progress]

Maybe I will make him my new avatar! Xx

I would rather look at your beautiful face :)

• Like 3

RES...and I want to live days worth dying for...

Current: RES: CUTE 2021 Part II

Spoiler

Growth happens when you care more about the well being of your future self than the comfort of your present self!

"Pass on what you have learned. Strength, mastery. But weakness, folly, failure also. Yes, failure most of all. The greatest teacher, failure is." -Yoda

The red head is back! Try lemon-honey-gonger tea in the morning.

Helps kill bacteria im the throat and all. Good prevention and cure at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

I like to brew fresh ginger on the hob, then ad a mug with a wedge of lemon and honey. It really helps me dicongest. I usually make a big curry as well!

Not as nice is Lemsip, but it does work.

I feel like I need a day off unfortunately with my job being temporary, it means they don't look to kindly on absence, so I have to just muscle through.

• Like 1

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Sigh... There are some things I wish I could un-see.

Go Team Red! \o/

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."