KingLeeroy Xl - Project refuel

GingaNinja

So, things are happening.

Made an awkward shift swap to play in gaming session which can't happen now, I am not angry but it is a bit awkward as I was meant to have a weekend off, now I only have 1 day and then back in work.

Hoping to make they day nice anyway. With coffee and frineds.

My protein powder arrived! Hurray.

My legs feel like lead from squats.

All good folks.

• Like 4

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Just caught up with you :pirate:  Squats are awesome and hurt like hell. I have found however that lunges hurt even more. 2 sets of 25 on each leg and I could barely walk the next day :playful:

Hope your week two continues to be awesome!!!

ADVENTURER 

LEARNING TO PLAY AGAIN                                                                                        

Battle Log

After a good leg workout my legs always feel like lead!  I have decided that there are 2 camps of people - one whose legs feel like bricks after leg work, the other feel like jello.  I cannot relate to the jello feeling!! 

• Like 1

Feeling like a bit of a dick right now for thinking this way.

Recently they've been doing this refer a friend thing at work, it's great because I know a few folks who want work over Christmas and also if they stick with it, I get a gift card bonus which is pretty cool.

I was open to folks passing on the details to mates who they thought might benefit, but I get an email today from someone, I don't know. With just the CV attached and nothing else, not even one simple sentence like, "Hi, I am friends with 'x' person, they passed on the details to me."

Also, it is retail and not a tech role which seems to have been misconstrued somewhere along the line.

It really takes the piss and though I am sure they are a nice person, I feel pretty reluctant to submit it. I tried to send a message letting them know it wasn't that kind of job and I just sounds like an enormous dick head.

Any advise?

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

I thinl you should refer someone you know only

Can you send that cv to rh mentionning you received ot bit dont know the person? That way its not a cheat but you still give it to your job hr people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Level 7 Yogini green witch

STR 3 - DEX 3 - STA 10 - CON 12 - WIS 13 - CHA 6

Previous challenges : 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6|| 7 || || 9 || 10 || 11

Current challenge : august 2020

Mantra : I am calm, I am love

I kind of decided not to submit it, talked with the BF and he agreed.

I refered a friend of a friend but he sent me a really polite email a few weeks back.

If a person can't make any effort, not even a simple hello, I totally don't have time for people expecting a favourlike that.

Saying this stuff makes me feel like an arsehole, but I know really that I am not. I don't expect people to give grovelling thanks or even please will you submit this. Just a hello and who they are.

I feel like passive aaggressively posting on fb about it, but I am resisting so far.

• Like 1

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Aye, me as well many others have now said that as well.

So far this week, I've been doing really well. I had a long standing high from last weekends night out.

I have been feeling a bit melancholy the last few days, my mate is leaving town for London as it feels like we only got to know him more this last month and also started my period. Had a few poorer choices a bit of chocolate and a roll here and there.

For the most part I've been eating pretty well, but I am trying not to sink into a bad eating routine again and keep the healthy eating happening. Eating plenty of meat and salad.

God I am exhausted, I think I might go home after work and binge on Twin Peaks and indulge in my own melancholy!

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

I concur about not sending in the CV.  Part of a good job application is a cover letter and being polite.  If they aren't willing to do that there is a definite red flag and I wouldn't want to be the one who forwards their info to HR.

Hope you are feeling better after your Twin Peaks marathoning. 

Level 5 Shapeshifter Monk

STR 10.75   :   DEX 7.5  :   STA 8.5   :   CON 5   :   WIS 7.5   :   CHA 7

Challenge: I am an Avenger

Past: 1st, Draugr, Super-hero, Rocky

A soon-to-be married Kung Fu enthusiast  

I totally agree on the CV thing.  Don't refer anyone you don't know, it could reflect badly on you.  And like you said, they can't be bothered to say "hi, this is how I heard about the opportunity, would you please do me this favor?" it's not worth your time.  

Boo for period downers.  I hate that.  Sometimes mine makes me want to eat ALL THE THINGS.  Be strong! 

Week going OK so far.

I drank some beer and ate pizza at the weekend and it was wonderful. I don't have the urge to do it again but I was so low spirit s that day I think I needed the serotonin boost. I didn't feel like binging though. But period makes me indulge a bit.

So far today I am feeling pretty good after workout. I feel like my recovery time is improving again so hoping to get back there, maybe Thursday, so back up to 2 day rest, still plugging away at my 1 day recovery but I keep getting I'll still.

I have some of those porridge sachets at work and I am enjoying having porridge in the morning, had some protein powder mixed in so I feel it going to work on my tight squat legs.

Otherwise. I think I might tweak my protein goal to be a bit more manageable. I think I am eating plenty but getting 138 needs me to be a bit more organized than I currently am. I am consistently hitting 120 though. As always I need to track is better.

Water fine, I drink 1.5L at work and more in the morning and when I get home. It helps that the office is really warm so I don't tend to forget about water.

Sugar OK so far, chocolate at the weekend, but not had any urges to binge so far. May eat chocolate today but will just try have another protein shake or porridge later.

Wheat, well I have been having some beer and occasionally some light breading on things but otherwise nothing much.I feel like it is going pretty well.

• Like 3

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Hello everyone.

I feel like it has been a while since I updated.

My third week has been a bit of a mix, mostly good on water and protein front, however wheat and sugar are creeping in and I need to stop.

Hoping to go back to gym tomorrow, I haven't been since last week as it took me ages to recover and then I got drunk/hungover at the weekend.

I got some salad ingredients, I am going to make big meat salad tomorrow and get back to lifting the heavy things.

Things...yeah I've been working alot and being quite tired, I feel quite boring but I am enjoying a bit of peace!

• Like 3

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Back to the gym this morning after a week hiatus, long recovery period and then the weekend came and I got busy and lazy, Sunday night I hardly slept and I got up 10 minutes before I needed to be out the door for the bus.

This morning I got up at 6 and caught the bus to the gym, now sat at work with a bowl of porridge with a scoops of powder in a bottle of water and a cup of tea and gives me a little while to actually check the forum for once.

I feel bad for being so out of touch with everyone, I am hoping to catch up with some folks this week.

Anyway workout:

Rack wasn't free, so I did some front squats, they were hard.

I did some warm up sets then some cool girl who was benching 40K let me use the rack after her, thanks cool person. The battle for the rack is pretty stupid, all they need if another small rack for bench and it would make the space so much more usable, you can move around more rather than taking over the rack for like 30 mins at time like some people do.

Front Squat:

5x20

5x20

3x25

2x27.5

Back Squat:

3x30

3x35

2x37.5

5x40

5x40

5x40

I am pleased with being back up to 40K, infact I felt like I could probably have added more but decided to keep it a bit lower, still wooo! Now if I can stop being ill I might get up to 50K in a couple of weeks.

Press:

Yes yes yes!

I have been struggling to even do 3x5 with just the bar, I always feel like I could go heavier.

This time I took plenty of rest between and managed to complete it

5x20

5x20

5x20

Deadlift:

Nothing special here, just a standard

5x60

Feeling good about that overall, I can lift more reach workout but my recovery time is pretty slow, even with all the food, all the water, all the protein, all the rest and all the gentle walking. I had gotten up to 2 days rest and back to the gym but atm it is more like 4-5.

I am not sure if I should keep lifting more or go lighter and more frequently, hard to know!

• Like 3

Be More Ninja

Current Challenge

Instagram

Look at you kicking arse.

• Like 1

Race:Gamorrean | Class: Adventurer10

{STR:27.5||DEX:3||STA:27||CON:52.50||WIS:35.5||CHA:16.5}

Inventory: Belt of Dietary Willpower

Accountibilibuddies:Rogue Squadron

Challenges --> 1-->2-->3-->4-->5-->6-->7--> 8-->9-->Challenge 10(Current)

Logs: | Fitocracy | Measurements | My Fitness Pal

Reach 180 lbs from 225 lbs (currently 225 lbs)

4.44%
4.44%